Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

If the thing that gave you lies of p style perfect blocks was a talisman instead of a buff potion I would never take it off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
you can see how many runes you get from golden runes in the menu :eyepop:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

got jumpscared by a random noise a minute into the DLC then found a message that said "didn't expect sound" with an emote of a dude cowering in fear and it had over 3000 upvotes
it's good to be back

Augus has issued a correction as of 13:23 on Jun 21, 2024

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

you can see how many runes you get from golden runes in the menu :eyepop:

seeing that was one of the greatest moments in gaming history imo

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
if the game keeps growing these omen ring blade and abd knights at me I'm gonna have to start leveling stamina for the first time. these fuckers are relentless.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
gd these shadow dudes hit hard, had to deposit all my sarcudtree blessings i was hoarding about

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I am too sick to get amped enough to fight the bosses but I'm enjoying just exploring more Elden Ring, killing little guys, reading item descriptions and the fort night messages with 6000 appraisals.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
I got attacked and destroyed by wolverine :stare:

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

I got attacked and destroyed by wolverine :stare:

kill him, and take his claws they are amazing

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
put down a braindead “You don’t have the right, O you don’t have the right” for some easy message rating heals :evilbuddy:

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
my day one tear but hole still puttin in numbers

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

RandolphCarter posted:

kill him, and take his claws they are amazing

all of the new weapons are so cool looking how am I supposed to decide which ones to use?!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
continuing to whittle-away at my EU4 game bit by bit,

started as The Mamluks, survived the Mamluk Crisis to reform into Egypt, and at the end of today's session I've just completed forming Arabia as of 1570.

I'm still going to need to conquer the rest of the Arabian Peninsula, but then after that the mission tree is going to push me into either finishing off Morocco, rolling back the Reconquista, and invading France (the final mission in the branch is called "The Second Battle of Tours" :black101: ) or expanding into Kurdistan and Persia and facing down the Ottomans there.

or there's even a third "playing tall" path where you develop Cairo, Mecca, Medina, and Baghdad, to become (even more) of the world's leading trading and industrial power.

It was pretty cool to have built up Alexandria and the Great Library so much that I was the second nation to have invented and spread the Printing Press, before anyone else in continental Europe.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I found a wonderous flask that lets gives you the Sekiro deflect and lol this feels like cheating. It lasts at least 5 minutes so you could probably do an entire boss fight before it runs out

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I think when I’m done with the elden dlc I’ll get the cyberpunk dlc

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
played a bit of that new chinese room game thats on gamepass, still wakes the deep. those boyos can design a level but they sure as poo poo cant figure out gameplay. scottish The Thing though, so im bought in

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i might have been the only person who liked amnesia: a machine for pigs, but they gotta play alien isolation like, once, and figure their poo poo out

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Al! posted:

played a bit of that new chinese room game thats on gamepass, still wakes the deep. those boyos can design a level but they sure as poo poo cant figure out gameplay. scottish The Thing though, so im bought in

lol your av

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

what? im smarxist and this is the av ive always had

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Al! posted:

say the line

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

smarxist! posted:

Yep

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Miss u...

Al! posted:

i might have been the only person who liked amnesia: a machine for pigs, but they gotta play alien isolation like, once, and figure their poo poo out

Alien Isolation ftw

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Miss u...
The dynamic soundtrack scared me almost as much as the alien lol. Hiding in a locker when the music gets loud

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

DaysBefore posted:

The dynamic soundtrack scared me almost as much as the alien lol. Hiding in a locker when the music gets loud

i just couldnt do it in vr, too fuckin much lol

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Al! posted:

HASTA LA VICTORIA SIEMPRE

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

DaysBefore posted:

Occasionally you get hit with this loud brass BRAWHMBAHM which would always freeze me in my tracks. Goddamn that game is so good even if it's a few hours too long.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
So the newest season of fortnite has been a bit of a dud with player attrition slightly higher than normal. This could have been the plan from the beginning, but fortnite og is coming back tomorrow.
https://x.com/iFireMonkey/status/1804183217622159780?t=n3xHqEYW94jh6RRLoR8wBQ&s=19

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

So the newest season of fortnite has been a bit of a dud with player attrition slightly higher than normal. This could have been the plan from the beginning, but fortnite og is coming back tomorrow.
https://x.com/iFireMonkey/status/1804183217622159780?t=n3xHqEYW94jh6RRLoR8wBQ&s=19

totally anecdotal but compared to previous Festival passes, i have seen ZERO Metallica skins walking around. I would honestly really enjoy a write up from someone at Epic on whole that whole collaboration came together because it seems like a big mismatch

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Metallica definitely had a bit of a moment with Master of Puppets being used in the Stranger Things finale but at this point... that was 2 years ago and in fact the youthful reaction to them as a band was more "why does that old man have an iron cross on his guitar that's... weird"

That's all I can think of though. Maybe the devs are just genuine fans?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

totally anecdotal but compared to previous Festival passes, i have seen ZERO Metallica skins walking around. I would honestly really enjoy a write up from someone at Epic on whole that whole collaboration came together because it seems like a big mismatch

Year wise, it's equivalent to Quake 2 having an expansion based on the crooning of Fats Domino

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

which, who am i kidding, I would loving PLAY

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

its basically

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Loved this silly game growing up.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I'd like to throw out a recommendation for News Tower - it's still in early access, but I've seen enough to make me bet long on it.

The premise is that you're a newspaper publisher in New York in the 1930s, and you have to manage the whole spectrum of the print journalism process.

First, you have to send out reporters to cover news stories. You won't have enough reporters to cover everything that you might want, and some stories either take a long time to investigate, or require multiple people to fully cover, so there's a question there of how much time you spend and how much staff you assign to cover political intrigue and economic woes versus salacious murders and penny-ante human interest bits.

Then, once the reporter has a story, you need in-house staff to do typesetting and "assembling" (in the publishing sense). In this part of the game, it more resembles SimTower, where you have a limited amount of space in your building, and you have to make sure your offices have proper lighting, ventilation, bathrooms and water coolers so your staff can work efficiently.

After an article has been "prepared", it gets to sit in a queue, waiting for Sunday, which is when you go to print. Come the end of the week, you have to pick out which story makes the front page, which goes above the fold, which one gets to A2, and which ones get relegated to the back of the paper. You can order more paper for larger/longer editions, but it costs money, and if your stories aren't attractive enough, you might run into diminishing returns. Or maybe you just need to put a different story up front, to really catch those readers - maybe the crime kingpin getting arrested is more interesting than the Wall Street crash... ???

A well-put-together newspaper sells a lot, and gains you loyal subscribers, letting you keep staff on payroll, expand your operations, and continue producing more hard-hitting stories.

At its heart, it's a resource management sim, but the jazz soundtrack and the setting of the game has such heart. By setting it during the Great Depression, you get a real feeling that what you're doing is diegetically important - the kind of hard-hitting news that turns careers around and influences politics. It's a game ultimately about American optimism in the style of All The President's Men and The Post.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

the other part is that the way the Festival Pass is set up is not a great deal. With previous passes, you got the character skin of whatever Artist was featured, previously The Weeknd, Lady Gaga, Billie Eilish, and then you'd get like one of their songs, a couple of other popular songs, and some cosmetics.

The reason that's important is because the way the pass is set up, you unlock rewards as you play whether you have bought the pass or not. So for example, even if I'm not a huge fan of Billie Eilish, I might be incentivized to buy the Billie Eilish festival pass because I have played the game enough to unlock "Friday I'm In Love" or "Poison" or some other popular song not by Billie Eilish because it's not THAT much more than buying a single song from the store by itself, and look at all this other stuff you get.

With the Metallica pass, you get 4 skins. One for each member of Metallica. And you get one song. And it's a Metallica song, and it's "One." So, for a guy like me, even if I have played enough Rhythm mode to unlock everything in that pass, I don't think it's worth it. Because unless you're a big metallica fan, it's just not very appealing.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

CaptainBeefart posted:

Loved this silly game growing up.

I played a ton of this at an arcade cabinet in the mall

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

DoombatINC posted:

its basically

this was a solid shooter at the time. i remember its big thing was that there were sometimes more than 3 enemies on screen at a time, a huge win for 3d shooters

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'd like to throw out a recommendation for News Tower - it's still in early access, but I've seen enough to make me bet long on it.

That all sounds cool as poo poo.
How much play time have you gotten out of it? Or put another way, how "finished" does it feel? Definitely gonna wishlist but my wishlist is littered with the corpses of early access games that I keep telling myself "when it's done" but I may hop on early because I love a management sim.
In fact I just beat the management sim in Yakuza 7 so my brain is kinda primed for something like that right now.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

i won't be able to get eldening until monday at the earliest. this is BULLSHIT! i want to be torn apart by monsters NOW!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I played a ton of this at an arcade cabinet in the mall