Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
In related news I also reread GG and they still feel downright antagonistic in their posting style, compared to the previous game where they were town which... doesn't really raise my hopes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yami Fenrir posted:

Bif I'm sort of reading you as town now that I slept off my AA rageboner but

this post bothers me.

Like what even is this? "No I refuse to give/get a read on GG?

It means I don't have enough to go on and have not yet made any decisive judgement on GG so I will not pretend to have one

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Hello, I am checking back in and have approximately ten pages to read, which I am starting now. Hopefully these 400+ posts are worth it.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Also ##unvote

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I’m caught up through page 12, will have to finish the rest after work. Thoughts so far:

- Was reading IA for defensive scum until this post:

Idle Amalgam posted:

I stand by everything I said and I'll do my best to articulate it better.

I'm saying that at this point in the game, aggressively trying to label someone as scum is more often than the scummier behavior than whatever the perpetrator committed.

In this case my grandiosity and narcissism has been red flagged as a scum tell with Yami. Yami substantiated that to my behavior in Pig's game. Which, okay, I like to be dramatic. That's not false, but there isn't an actual correlation to alignment in this game.

The basis for the case has always been rooted in flimsy perception, that I didn't help to alleviate by going full tilt.

What is distinctly different between you and Lord Yams in drawing those same comparisons is you're attaching my end game behavior to my post accusation frustration and those are kind of similar to be fair to you, but again... contextually different circumstances in both cases.

Mere pages and a third of the way through day 1 of a game versus lurking and sideline commentary for 60 plus pages and another 15 of me desperately trying to be active and loving it up.

We don't have a real established rapport I don't think, unless you confirmed a rename or alt status, but even so, I am always of the belief that anyone having real strong day one conviction is suspicious.

So that, in combination with Yami's persistence definitely don't sit well with me.

I don't want to give you any benefit here, but I think your play actually is consistent with your play in the last game, or at least pretty similar.

I think yami is not being sincere.

The casework put down on Obama strikes me as sincere, but it is also strange that they've fallen under heavy suspicion so swiftly.

Scum were probably on both our votes.

Bif couuuulldd be scum, but it's a wary unwarranted ~feel~

I'm onboard with Obama for now I think.

Pig's meta is unchanged afaict

Sand seems on par for town methinks

Hal is questionable and would vote

Yamaha is questionable and I am voting them.

This reads townier to me than anything I’ve seen so far, I’ve got a town lean on IA at this stage despite my earlier misgivings.

I have some light scum pings on Bif, mainly for some earlier casing of AC that didn’t come off is particularly in good faith. I’ll reread these later and see if I still feel the same way.

Also have some suspicion of GG, I liked Yami’s casing from page 9 on GG and have a reasonably strong town read of Yami and scum read of GG so far.

More hot takes and fresh bakes reads after work.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Current vague Lumpenlist:

Prime suspects:
RF, Obama and Squiggly

Still kinda scummy lookin or just don't trust em yet:
AC, binus, GG, Hal, SNG

Lurky/not enough content to tell yet:
Hum, Taste, Referee may leave this group shortly

Leaning town rn but nothing too solid, not ruling anybody out yet:
IA, CPig, Sandwolf, Yami

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bifauxnen posted:

Current vague Lumpenlist:

Prime suspects:
RF, Obama and Squiggly

Still kinda scummy lookin or just don't trust em yet:
AC, binus, GG, Hal, SNG

Lurky/not enough content to tell yet:
Hum, Taste, Referee may leave this group shortly

Leaning town rn but nothing too solid, not ruling anybody out yet:
IA, CPig, Sandwolf, Yami

This mirrors my own reads in an eerily accurate manner, would probably switch GG & IA though. Would put Bif in a neutral leaning town zone.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hum you’re supposed to post today

Taste any reads?

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Sandwolf posted:

This mirrors my own reads in an eerily accurate manner, would probably switch GG & IA though. Would put Bif in a neutral leaning town zone.

I'm surprised you can actually see the brands.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bifauxnen posted:

Man just look at this again

How is calling CPig "trying way too hard" a sincere town opinion lmao

##vote RF

Trying too hard to push this narrative, not like, generally

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

like it's Day 1 and you're so sure Obama is town you're willing to think of CPig as scum for pursuing him

Even if Obama is scum, pig is pushing too hard based on nothing, that's my point. It's aided by my town read of Obama but independent of it

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Idle Amalgam posted:

I’m not sure what you mean :smith:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Retro Futurist posted:

Even if Obama is scum, pig is pushing too hard based on nothing, that's my point. It's aided by my town read of Obama but independent of it

So you’re so sure of it, you’d be more willing to believe Obama is scum with CPig rather than CPig is town?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Incandenza posted:

I’m not sure what you mean :smith:

I couldn’t quite figure it out either :|

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Sandwolf posted:

So you’re so sure of it, you’d be more willing to believe Obama is scum with CPig rather than CPig is town?

I agree that this is weird.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

You’re being very twisty, sandy. My point is I don’t like what pig is doing, and as I clearly said Obama’s alignment has nothing to do with it. I think Obama is town, AND I think pig is scum, but those are more or less unrelated feelings, capice?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Retro Futurist posted:

Trying too hard to push this narrative, not like, generally

Still doesn't make sense cause CPig's more like, "lol whatever u scum dwi" while me and Sandwolf have done way more legwork to actually voice our suspicions of Obama

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bifauxnen posted:

Still doesn't make sense cause CPig's more like, "lol whatever u scum dwi" while me and Sandwolf have done way more legwork to actually voice our suspicions of Obama

Yes, he’s pushing really hard based on nothing, you’re doing actual work, that is indeed different and what I’ve been saying

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Retro Futurist posted:

Yes, he’s pushing really hard based on nothing, you’re doing actual work, that is indeed different and what I’ve been saying

You called it pushing a narrative, and that imolies a lot more active deception and attempts to paint things in a scummy light and manage the thread's perceptions of things. Your own wording and framing of this situation sure seems to be shifting the goalposts.

But maybe my memory's not so hot let's see again what CPig has said about Obama...

CapitalistPig posted:

Okay I'm all caught up.

Yami/IA is a townie slapfight

I'm not seeing AC as scum.

Would vote Obama just like 2008 and 2012.

CapitalistPig posted:

Yeah I'm feelin it.

##vote Obama

Then in response to Obama "adding CPig to his scum list":

CapitalistPig posted:

That's some pro tier casing along with a vote that doesn't register.

A++ would read again.

Just some sarcastic and simple replies so far, until this post which has the most content by far:

CapitalistPig posted:

If by "waiting for someone to mention me" you mean woke up this morning and had breakfast and then just got on my computer 10 ish minutes ago then yes I was waiting for someone to mention me.

Alongside the fact that your main scum picks just happen to be all the people voting for you just your general demeanor for the entire game has been scummy.

Even just acting like you had me caught in some kind of trap because I happened to stroll in to the thread 10 minutes after you mentioned my name is laughable.

You are acting scummier than everyone else. That's why I'm voting you.

It's day 1, no case is going to be a rock solid scum caught situation but , you sure are the scummiest player I see right now!

hth

I dunno it still just seems like a basic reply to Obama's own accusations about CPig's post timing and then just repeating the idea that Obama is OMGUSing everybody (which seems extremely fair, not "trying too hard to push a narrative), and then just saying he's scum cause he looks scummy, D1 case, whatever.

His next replies seem to follow the "whatever it's a gut read" theme and not trying to like actively rope other people in to his point of view. Seems pretty innocuous to me.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

:shrug: I play with my gut, I calls it like I sees it.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Idle Amalgam posted:

I definitely meant actually think I'm scum and typed what my audiobook was saying. Whoops.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Retro Futurist posted:

:shrug: I play with my gut, I calls it like I sees it.

Whoah look at RF trying so hard to push a narrative here!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bif I'm much too lazy to get into a big Bif fight with you, I'm sorry.

##vote pig

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
It's okay to be wrong sometimes RF. I forgive you.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

ObamaAkbar. (3): Gumball Gumption, Sandwolf, Bifauxnen, CapitalistPig, Bifauxnen
Bifauxnen (2): sandnavyguy, Idle Amalgam
CapitalistPig (2): ObamaAkbar., Retro Futurist
Retro Futurist (1): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, ObamaAkbar., ObamaAkbar., Bifauxnen
Hal Incandenza (1): Squiggly
Sandwolf (1): Yami Fenrir, Sandwolf, b-minus1, Sandwolf, Yami Fenrir
Idle Amalgam (1): apostateCourier, apostateCourier, apostateCourier, Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir, CapitalistPig, Hal Incandenza, CapitalistPig, Hal Incandenza, Yami Fenrir
Yami Fenrir (0): Idle Amalgam, Idle Amalgam
Squiggly (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf
b-minus1 (0): Referee, Sandwolf, Sandwolf, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Referee
Gumball Gumption (0): CapitalistPig, Retro Futurist, CapitalistPig, Retro Futurist
Mr. Humalong (0): b-minus1, b-minus1
apostateCourier (0): Squiggly, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Idle Amalgam, Idle Amalgam, Squiggly
sandnavyguy (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen

Not Voting (5): Hal Incandenza, Mr. Humalong, Referee, t a s t e, Yami Fenrir

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 02nd, 2020 at 6 p.m. EST -- that's in about 22 hours, 25 minutes.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

Hum you’re supposed to post today

Taste any reads?

Nope

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sick

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I can actually see the brand though

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote RF not liking his posts thus far. Do better RF

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm reading through and man, I still don't like Obama.

ObamaAkbar. posted:

This is hella weak bif, you IA GG and sandwolf all pinging me super hard right now

This is exactly how I grab a lazy list of suspects when I'm scum. Uh jeez, it's uh, a couple people voting for me and uuuuuhh one of the top posters. ok cool they're all very scummy because I said so.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Idle Amalgam posted:

Lol at hum having to catch up on 300 posts tmrw

I legit feel bad for him.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Squiggly posted:

These two posts are not the same and I'm honestly not sure if you're joking

I mean this in the most straightforward way possible, I don't know what you mean.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Retro Futurist posted:

It just feels like he's trying way too hard to push the Obama narrative when there's not much there. Seems disingenuous

I disagree. Obama started that exchange calling out pig and asking for pig's case. So pig gave his case and then defended his case. I feel like none of that's happening without Obama's prodding.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I’m going to read the entire game tomorrow

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

It means I don't have enough to go on and have not yet made any decisive judgement on GG so I will not pretend to have one

I'm sorry I confuse you?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

t a s t e posted:

godspeed

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I kept up for the first 10 pages and then gave up. I don’t think IA is scum.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

t a s t e posted:

This but not actually (so same as taste)

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ok I finished. AEW dark and the edible is kicking in. There were a lot of charged up slap fights in there that I feel like I can't get a solid read on. could be scum riling, could be heated town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Gumball Gumption posted:

I'm sorry I confuse you?

Eh, it's not so much that you confuse me (IA confuses the gently caress out of me but I can still feel comfortably making my best guess), more like from the few games we've played together so far I just keep getting it wrong so I don't have any sense yet that I have any clue how to read you.