Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Maerlyn posted:

No, my action is beneficial and I felt like picking Dead was the best possibility of someone being town. If no one targeted me then nothing even happened/my ability didn't work (or there was no benefit depending on how his ability works).

I confirmed with Yami that a success just meant I wasn't blocked/my action successfully resolved, actually working is another matter.

This is the other half.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I think I believe she’ll and Obama

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Maerlyn posted:

##unvote

He said earlier he was blocked, Shell suggests she has a passive RB.

He said that the action failed, that seems to match with how the roleblock works.

ObamaAkbar. posted:

I’m also asking as my action failed and I targeted shell. I don’t see scum roleblocking me N1, maybe town roleblocked me last night or maybe shell was jailed.

I have no reason to doubt he targeted me, tbh. I did not get any notifications, seems like the passive means I just get "nothing happened" nights.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Is gunsmith something that is always town?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Shellception posted:

He said that the action failed, that seems to match with how the roleblock works.

I have no reason to doubt he targeted me, tbh. I did not get any notifications, seems like the passive means I just get "nothing happened" nights.

You wouldn't be informed anything happened to you.

Grandi why do you not believe Obama's claim? Maybe I don't follow why my role and X-shot abilities in general matter here if he's claiming gunsmith.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Is gunsmith something that is always town?

Nothing is always town or scum these days, it’s heavily heavily leaning towards a town role though.

The only thing I don’t like about the gunsmith claim is we have been seeing a lot of gunsmiths recently and it’s not a guaranteed in any given game so it’d make a pretty powerful fakeclaim.

Did you get any boost or charge from Maer’s visit Deadmeat? Be as vague as possible.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote taste

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Grandi surely knows that Yami usually gives scum fakeclaims so why is he questioning the likelyhood of my role rather than just saying it’s a mod provided fakeclaim?

Also he said he has a town read of me earlier and now suddenly I’m scum because of this claim?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Maerlyn posted:

You wouldn't be informed anything happened to you.

Grandi why do you not believe Obama's claim? Maybe I don't follow why my role and X-shot abilities in general matter here if he's claiming gunsmith.

He didn't claim x-shot gunsmith, just gunsmith. I think your role existing makes it way more likely that most of the town powers are x-shot because your role is already hard enough to get value out of. Requiring a target with an x shot power and being targeted with a non killing non blocking role.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Grandi surely knows that Yami usually gives scum fakeclaims so why is he questioning the likelyhood of my role rather than just saying it’s a mod provided fakeclaim?

Also he said he has a town read of me earlier and now suddenly I’m scum because of this claim?

Yes. Your absence clearly eroded my town read of you, and this claim which I don't see as fitting in to the fabric of the game is the cherry on top.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Grandi hasn’t even switched his vote to me. If I’m lying I must be scum right?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Sandwolf posted:

Nothing is always town or scum these days, it’s heavily heavily leaning towards a town role though.

The only thing I don’t like about the gunsmith claim is we have been seeing a lot of gunsmiths recently and it’s not a guaranteed in any given game so it’d make a pretty powerful fakeclaim.

Did you get any boost or charge from Maer’s visit Deadmeat? Be as vague as possible.

I was only told that my action failed.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I don’t really know what Grandi’s on about. OA isn’t an x-shot role so it’s a fakeclaim so he’s scum? That’s a vote borne of setup spec.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Grandicap posted:

Yes. Your absence clearly eroded my town read of you, and this claim which I don't see as fitting in to the fabric of the game is the cherry on top.

This is weak as hell grandi. Being absent not only eroded your town read of me but flipped it to a scum read?

##vote Grandi

Scum really want the gunsmith dead today

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Alright another newbie question here, and one that may be obvious on the surface, but what do you mean by fakeclaim? Is that like if you're a godfather Yami will give you something like Cop to claim?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
##unvote

I don't know who to vote for rn but I don't feel good about this

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Alright another newbie question here, and one that may be obvious on the surface, but what do you mean by fakeclaim? Is that like if you're a godfather Yami will give you something like Cop to claim?

Sometimes, not always, mods will give the scumteam roles that are safe to claim. So like a godfather might have a tracker fakeclaim because the mod is basically telling you that it’s a safe fakeclaim to make.

Not done all the time, often times done with way less effort (“You can fakeclaim as a BLANK if you want”)

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Ah ok.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

If you’re a gunsmith and you know your claim is likely to derail your elimination, why wait so long to actually claim...?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Grandi hasn’t even switched his vote to me. If I’m lying I must be scum right?

You are at -1. I'm not going hammer right after the claim, even if I don't believe it and think you are scum.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Because it’s rolemadness scum can’t just claim vanilla so they have to claim some kind of role. If their actual role is obviously scummy then they are usually provided with a fake one so that they don’t have to make one up and get instantly counterclaimed

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Grandicap posted:

You are at -1. I'm not going hammer right after the claim, even if I don't believe it and think you are scum.

lmfao nope

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I’ve not read the game but these unvotes still bad

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Grandicap posted:

He didn't claim x-shot gunsmith, just gunsmith. I think your role existing makes it way more likely that most of the town powers are x-shot because your role is already hard enough to get value out of. Requiring a target with an x shot power and being targeted with a non killing non blocking role.

I think that's a minor point. If I were forced to claim to save my rear end I don't think the number of shots of my ability would be something I would admit to, why give scum that info?

Sand why are you voting taste out of nowhere?

Deadmeat5150 posted:

I was only told that my action failed.

Does your ability have finite uses (1 shot, 2-shot etc) or used as much as you want? If you can use it every single night my ability wouldn't help you anyway. If you do use up your abilities you don't have to give the actual numbers, just say which it is.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Grandicap posted:

Why not? If I’m scum then why would you not kill me?

Sandwolf posted:

If you’re a gunsmith and you know your claim is likely to derail your elimination, why wait so long to actually claim...?

Because now I will likely be killed or roleblocked every night if I’m not lunched today. I didn’t think my elimination was guaranteed

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

##unvote

I'm not totally convinced but I think it's good enough to give Obama one more day, perhaps.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Bifauxnen posted:

##unvote

I'm not totally convinced but I think it's good enough to give Obama one more day, perhaps.

Lmao bif gonna kill me tonight

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

OA, is your role X-Shot?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Actually it does seem to track to me now that I think about it, apologies ##unvote

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Maerlyn posted:

I think that's a minor point. If I were forced to claim to save my rear end I don't think the number of shots of my ability would be something I would admit to, why give scum that info?

Does your ability have finite uses (1 shot, 2-shot etc) or used as much as you want? If you can use it every single night my ability wouldn't help you anyway. If you do use up your abilities you don't have to give the actual numbers, just say which it is.

No I can use it every night.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Deadmeat5150 posted:

No I can use it every night.

This torpedoes my theory. drat.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

My role is not x-shot

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
No wait I read that wrong, every other night.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Maerlyn posted:

t a s t e posted:

I’ve not read the game but these unvotes still bad

t a s t e posted:

Actually it does seem to track to me now that I think about it, apologies ##unvote

Also his vote to put OA at -1 with no real substance of his own and apparently despite not having read the game. He looks like he was lightly pushing tryna make a lunch happen.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Deadmeat5150 posted:

No wait I read that wrong, every other night.

Less torpedoed. But if it isn't charges still mostly torpedoed.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

Also his vote to put OA at -1 with no real substance of his own and apparently despite not having read the game. He looks like he was lightly pushing tryna make a lunch happen.

Please, you know I’m just not reading

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Nep, why don't you know who to vote next? Weren't you suspicious of Shell?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Sandwolf posted:

:what: You've been doing the same poo poo dude, I mean you voted taste before he even made those posts, it just stood out because there's this big argument between Grandi and OA and you felt like you had to vote taste right then and there, lol.

I want taste to be able to play if he can stay out of cat jail but you've been looking really sus so it's ironic. Maybe it's just your normal townie play but there's also some stuff like the hard defense of Shell and throwing your vote around wherever looks most likely to go off that looks odd to me.

Grandicap posted:

Less torpedoed. But if it isn't charges still mostly torpedoed.

Pretty torpedoed.

t a s t e posted:

Please, you know I’m just not reading

Gotta ignore the siren call of CSPAM.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Bifauxnen posted:

Nep, why don't you know who to vote next? Weren't you suspicious of Shell?

Thats a good catch actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

A drat weird defense of taste from Maerlyn...?