Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

bEatmstrJ posted:

There is one of those too. It's right behind the towels.

!!!! WHAT. PICTURE PLEASE.

Also post the loving toilet. Or at least send it to those who've done what you asked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

obstipator posted:

What kinda weird rear end poo poo is this where you post your own (i think) tweet to tell people in this thread the current topic of this thread? I will never understand you people.

It's pretty straightforward

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Isizzlehorn posted:

Not going to dogpile on the aesthetic but seriously, what was the solution? The dismissive tone here suggests there was none.

Yeah seriously. How did you fix the floor? Seems more and more like you didn't fix it / have it fixed at all.

Tetracube posted:

the toilet must come with a turd polisher

The toilet came with the builder you mean?

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

That Works posted:

Yeah seriously. How did you fix the floor? Seems more and more like you didn't fix it / have it fixed at all.

The toilet came with the builder you mean?

I thought he had a contractor fix it

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Is the bathroom removable?

How much did it cost anyway

Has to be over ten grand minimum even as a DIY

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

bEatmstrJ posted:

You're probably being nitpicky, but I understand. I'm nitpicky too. The problem here is that cutouts are installed LONG before any tiling is done. It's nearly impossible to predict exactly where the tiles will line up once installed. Especially when you have a whole room of tile to lay in a cohesive pattern.

Lmao no see you change tile layout based on that cutout because you would NEVER install it like that holy poo poo dude.

I havent been itt since the joists got cut did you do the tile yourself or pay someone to do it

Oh lol look at the shower tile layout too holy smokes

Harry Potter on Ice fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Feb 28, 2019

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

bEatmstrJ posted:

You're probably being nitpicky, but I understand. I'm nitpicky too. The problem here is that cutouts are installed LONG before any tiling is done. It's nearly impossible to predict exactly where the tiles will line up once installed. Especially when you have a whole room of tile to lay in a cohesive pattern.

I mean, a competent pro would have done the math before starting installation. That's why cementitous wallboard for tile has grids embossed into them. Did your contractor set all of that tile directly onto gypsum wallboard?

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
Interior: doom meets vaudeville theater
Now it’s my bathroom, soon it’s a crater

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Over There posted:

I thought he had a contractor fix it

Eh he says that it was done but not how and that it was totally legal.

Groverhaus imo

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Has to be over ten grand minimum even as a DIY

I see at least $10k in materials and swag so I'll guess $20-25k.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

TheScott2K posted:

This morherfucker watched the intro to Deus Ex and said "I want to live in that room."

Someday some listing agent is going to have just zero idea what the hell to do about this

Now, ladies, when describing your ideal boudoir what word comes to mind? Bold? Aggressive? Confrontational? You don't need to tell me, I already know.

This marble, exquisitely polished by a nuclear flash, is all that remains of the Strogg home planet. The red inlay is genuine Kombatium, you know, mined from the coliseums of Outworld from stone where blood had been spilt. Extra towels are in a clever hideaway - just mash your face into the wall while sliding and grunting, the hidden panel will slide away into the floor through a structural beach that I made, deliberately.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Its somewhat depressing to see people with a little money spend it in a supermarket sweep at home depot like this. Cant buy taste I guess

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

That Works posted:

Eh he says that it was done but not how and that it was totally legal.

Groverhaus imo

Groverbath

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I mean, a competent pro would have done the math before starting installation. That's why cementitous wallboard for tile has grids embossed into them. Did your contractor set all of that tile directly onto gypsum wallboard?

yes, this. It's not remotely difficult because you design it ahead of time. That's the lovely tiling job of a lazy contractor.

If you tap all your tiles, how many ring hollow?

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

*Record scratch*

Freeze frame.

"Yup, that's my bathroom. You're probably wondering how I ended up in this situation."

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Groverhaus 2: bathroom blunder

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

After seeing the non-HDR photos and the commentary about before hand, I'm genuinely concerned we're all piling on an individual with a serious vision disability.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Slugworth posted:

gently caress me though.

It seems the power of the bathroom is already working *tents fingers* Good...Good

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

The warnings were all there, bold as the day is long, in low quality CAD prophecies. I'm not sure if it's better or worse that he didn't go for what looks like Blue LEDs inset into the accent tiles...

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

bEatmstrJ posted:

Now that you've all forgotten, I guess I can post these.

when's the rest of the house being renovated OP?

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

LeafyOrb posted:

Groverhaus 2: bathroom blunder

electric poogaloo

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Popo posted:

The warnings were all there, bold as the day is long, in low quality CAD prophecies. I'm not sure if it's better or worse that he didn't go for what looks like Blue LEDs inset into the accent tiles...

I think it would have been a better move. We all know the menstrual color palette is supposed to naturally call in the ladies, but if he killed all the red and removed a pattern or two it's really salvageable (though the shower bench location really is a head scratcher).

Having to deal with the red tiles certainly makes the fix a little more complicated though.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

angryrobots posted:

I see at least $10k in materials and swag so I'll guess $20-25k.

From the last thread, after getting a contractor:

bEatmstrJ posted:

Here's a list of items the contractor will be tackling for the curious

- Engineering of the joists
- Repair/replace joists
- Redo tub plumbing (necessary after joist repair)
- Fix vanity plumbing
- Install new backer and tile vanity wall
- Fix any problems with the new shower wall
- Bathtub faucet plumbing
- Bathtub subfloor install and tiling
- Shower drain plumbing
- Shower benches/threshold framing
- Remove old electrical/lighting from shower area
- All shower fixture plumbing
- Shower pan build and hot mop
- Run old jacuzzi wiring to new location for heated floor/outlets
- Install steam shower
- Install backer and tile in shower/ceiling
- Install shower lights
- Frameless shower glass install
- Remove the old shower wall (partial - engineer to check)
- Cap off old shower plumbing
- Install floor heating element
- Install floor tile
- Demo as needed
- Passing all inspections

socketwrencher posted:

Care to share the amount of the quote?

So presumably that's before materials, and doesn't count the granite poo poo that was installed pre-dejoisting

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

$20,000+ and not a toilet in sight.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
Maybe get rid of the mid/low-price-red-wine-label wallpaper and have it a flat white or super light grey and tone down the accent strip and it might start to work? Make it lighter and less like heavy Berlin Nightclub. Also make the tub not a lidless sarcophagus.

I'm not sure that'd make it good but it wouldn't make me laugh every time I looked at it.

God, it just feels like if I was 13 and was asked I thought adults would consider classy. Like, you know, when kids think $20 is an impossibly high sum of money. That level of naivete.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

It just doesn't look as if it's a comfortable bath and the benches in the shower don't seem near the water.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

loving lmao, this 100% tops groverhaus. it's like an anthology of bad decisions

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Grinning Goblin posted:

$20,000+ and not a toilet in sight.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I really hope it's just a combination of the HDR and /or the style of receptacle not showing up well, instead of you made a bathroom with non GFCI receptacles.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
TOILET

Carl Von Awesomwitz
May 2, 2006

Sisko Lied, Romulans Died
when you want to feel like you are in Deus Ex, a lovely nightclub bathroom, a rich person's shower, and a David Lynch film all at the same time.

theodop
Dec 30, 2005

rock solid, heart touching

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

bEatmstrJ posted:

yeah regular geometric patterns are hard to predict. euclid was a bitch

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

lmao 23 grand to destroy your house and any chance of mating with a female

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Holy fuckin poo poo it's even worse than I imagined.

bEatmstrJ
Jun 30, 2004

Look upon my bathroom joists, ye females, and despair.

Lain Iwakura posted:

Here's my bathtub for when I need to do girly things like relax in a tub that won't fall into my neighbours below.

Yes. I do this once a week because it's nice to treat yourself.

Is this a bathtub for midgets? Seriously, how do you even fit it that? It looks like its about 8 inches deep. I can imagine sitting in the fetal position listening to the fine sounds of Kenny G while the top half of my body is freezing. Not to mention I have to be careful not to move lest I knock over 10 bottles of toiletries. Sure love that fancy fiberglass tub surround though. Very classy.

Also you have a toilet pic. Don't share it.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

ghosthorse posted:

either the toilet is behind that extremely conspicuous door or it's camouflaged into that chaos of patterns
I look forward to the bathroom on the next floor up if this creature of chaos is any indication.

bEatmstrJ
Jun 30, 2004

Look upon my bathroom joists, ye females, and despair.

Beast of Bourbon posted:

Here is my bathroom pic. I will toxx myself for not posting your pic (that you will dm me) on SA.

Our cleaner lady is in there now, but i have a toto washlet, so you know.

Black and white. How original. How do you get out of that shower without tripping and slamming your chin on the tile floor? Looks like a death trap waiting to happen. And what is going on with your floor anyway? I can't tell if that's balls of hair, broken tile, and ugly rug or what? But at least you got that nice little storage unit to sit over your toilet like a sore thumb. I guess you know what it's like to shower in a cave too, but at least mine has some light in it.

You have a toilet pic. Don't share it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

the only vaguely redeeming feature of this bathroom is the mirrors having lights all around (I mean yours, BMj)