Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Guys the bote can launch cruise missiles and is also a bote c'mon we gotta buy the bote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

CirclMastr posted:

I vote we save the $400 million and buy F-35s next procurement round.

I don't foresee us getting Gen 5 Fighters. Maybe on a mission lease basis, but not to keep.

power crystals posted:

How does the various "buy one of this plane" entries interact with "we're selling anything we only have one of"? I assume they don't show up and then immediately go back home to the dealer :v:

Anything in that list that's just 1 is a support type, so EWAR, or ELINT, not single combat aircraft.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001

LostCosmonaut posted:

Both the Ivanov fighter and attack options would represent a huge upgrade to our A2G capability, but I'm leaning toward the Attack option since the Fencers have longer legs.

Fakeedit: ugh, the Su-34s don't carry R-77s, only R-27s. Definitely go with the attack option.

Man, the Ivanov options are all awesome. I really want to not get F-15/16/18s for the sake of variety, and the Gripen NG upgrade would just make our current one-trick pony trickier. But an actual modern frigate is hard to resist.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Bote pack has:
1) Bote
2) Multiple big EWAR planes
3) Hinds
4) Fishbeds

How can we choose anything else? I mean, the sheer hilarity of Fishbeds next to all our sleek Eurotrash is worth it alone, much less the troop transport capacity from the Hinds and missile strikes from the bote on top of that.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
We gotta get Ivanov support you guys. We just gotta.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Well, here's my thoughts:
BFLM:
- F-18Cs are generically good and we won't really go wrong with them
- A-29Bs have very short legs, are slow as molasses, and can't do IFR. And their payload is poo poo
- F-16CMs have MALDs holy poo poo
- A-10Cs are slow but capable and can mount LGBs if we don't feel like feeding them to MANPADS
- MQ-1s don't have Gorgon Stare but can loiter for forever and can carry Hellfires. Not great but nice
- P-3Cs are MPAs, we want these
- I have no idea what to think about HC-130s
IB:
- Su-34s are pretty solid multiroles that lean more on "attack" than "fighter". Also they have a kitchen
- The Su-25T we already have has very short legs and while I kinda like it I don't know that I want this many more of them
- An-12BK is okay I guess
- Su-24 has so many loadouts that it's going to paralyze our poor planners
- MiG-29s have R77s!
- Su-24 EWAR I don't know much about
- MiG-21s are sometimes okay, these aren't
- Mi-35s are cool if we want helicopters
- I don't know poo poo about boats
K&P
- Gripen upgrade is sensible but ultra-boring
- F-4 Terminators have some neat weapons
- BR.1150 is an MPA, we want these
- Tornado IDS is Saudis again, but those are cool
- Greek F-16s have JSOWs but not much else of note I see
- EC.665s are gunships, so no SAR capability
- Tornado ECR has some really nice ARMs and not much else

The boat sure is a curveball but I want the BFLM attack one because holy poo poo, MALDs. That's a game changer.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

I actually like the K&P fighter package. Upgrade our 'mainline' fighters, add some F4s, and a maritime patrol aircraft.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

power crystals posted:

The boat sure is a curveball but I want the BFLM attack one because holy poo poo, MALDs. That's a game changer.

Not all of us in the thread are plane nerds. Please explain.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

It can send out decoys.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

CirclMastr posted:

Not all of us in the thread are plane nerds. Please explain.

Mini air launched decoys. They launch off a rail and give radar emissions like a fighter, baiting SAMs and other anti-air weapons into shooting them. You can imagine why it'd be handy for SEAD.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

If the bote was a Gorshkov I'd definetely vote for that. Buyan seems a little limited with only 8 missiles for a strike vs the Gorshkov's 16.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Yooper what about upgrading our existing Tornados? Is that an option?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

What's a MALD?

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
BLFM Fighter

A bit of a mixed bag here. The F/A-18s are genuine do it all aircraft, from A2A capability that's nigh on the match of our Gripens, to lobbing monster ALCMs, to even dropping napalm. The Super Tucanos are about the best we can expect from a turboprop COIN aircraft, and the MQ-1Cs have a phenomenal FLIR. Lots of surface coverage here. Really nice for recon and the Hornets are pretty sweet too. The Tukes are what they are.

BLFM Attack

The F-16s aren't quite the match of the F/A-18s in terms of weapons or range, and will impose some slight operational difficulties. Still pretty awesome aircraft. The A-10s are meme traps, simple as. The drones are still pretty neat.

BLFM Support
Eh, not too keen on this one. We don't really need two HC-130Hs, we only need the one MPA, and far too many Tucanos. Not a good pick.

Ivanov Fighter
Now what in the name of god is going on here? The Fullback isn't a fighter what with its lovely Alamos, it's a strike bomber. the Frogfoot sure as gently caress isn't a fighter but hey, we get some EWAR here.

Ivanov Attack

Here are the fighters. The MiG-29Ks are pretty decent fighters and have Kryptons all over the place. The Su-24s are Soviet German Tornadoes but with even bigger bombs and better ARMs. We even get a jammer Su-24. Far and away the best of the Ivanov packs.

Ivanov Support

This is nothing but traps. Mi-35s are SHORAD bait, the MiG-21s are loving garbage (R-13s? Seriously?), the Buyan has very limited self-defence capability so it'll get nailed by an AShM or demand a constant CAP which we wouldn't be able to do without loving us over somewhere else. The only reason to pick this if you want EWAR, but this one skews it too far.

Klaus & Petersen Fighter
Oh god Gripen NGs. Steroid Gripens with an AESA radar, an extra pair of pylons for all your Meteor needs, an IRST and even more range. We also get a nice MPA in the form of the Atlantique, and the Terminators are pretty sweet bombers.

Klaus & Petersen Attack

On the other hand, we have another good potential choice here. The F-16s are pretty nice, though not quite as excellent as the American ones or the Hornets. The Saudi Tornadoes are lovely, and we also get the Atlantique MPA.

Klaus & Petersen Support

A really, really weak pack. The Tornado ECR is a regular Tornado with an improved ELINT suite but only HARMs and zero EWAR capability, the E-2 is a nice AEW bird but I don't think we need a second one, and just some boring utility helos and a pair of Tornadoes round it off. No buys.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yooper what about upgrading our existing Tornados? Is that an option?

For my own sanity everything will be the same type.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Yooper posted:

For my own sanity everything will be the same type.

Saudi? British? Did our Saudi Tornados suddenly turn German?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I vote BFLM attack.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Yeah the Ivanov fighter package is weird. The Fullbacks should be removed and replaced with an upgraded Flanker variant.

If Fullbacks should still be in the package take out the Frogfoots and replace them with a reduced amount of Fulbacks.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Night10194 posted:

What's a MALD?

They are small drone missile things (think cruise missile scale) that can pretend to be other aircraft and have an operational radius of around 500nm. So you program your decoy to look like a Gripen and send it off where you think the enemy's air defenses are and go "well that's where the missiles came from". These are MALD-Js so they have jammers on top of that! Missiles that do their own EWAR! Wikipedia claims $330k per decoy fired, which is like 1/3rd of a Meteor. We have absolutely nothing like this now and it'd let our older less capable planes operate much more safely if we use these to probe for air defenses first.

e: read wrong unit cost

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Saudi? British? Did our Saudi Tornados suddenly turn German?

They eat Halal now. Saudi.

orcbuster
May 17, 2017

Fact is we need ASW capabilities and only K&P attack, Ivanov support and BLFM Support really gives us that.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

K&P Fighter

Improved catbirds, no useless bote, what else is there to say?

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Dreamsicle posted:

Yeah the Ivanov fighter package is weird. The Fullbacks should be removed and replaced with an upgraded Flanker variant.

If Fullbacks should still be in the package take out the Frogfoots and replace them with a reduced amount of Fulbacks.

Thank you for pointing that out. It was supposed to be the SU-35, not SU-34. Procurement post is now updated to reflect the proper fighter.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
Looking over the options, the only ones that don't saddle us with weird dead weight are Ivanov Attack, K&P Fighters, and K&P Attack. The BLFM ones all have Super Tucanos (and A-10s, which sadly aren't rated to survive in 2023), the two support options have really vulnerable rotary wing, and Ivanov Fighters has those Su-25Ts which we constantly complain about.

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 03:30 on May 23, 2017

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

orcbuster posted:

Fact is we need ASW capabilities and only K&P attack, Ivanov support and BLFM Support really gives us that.

Both the Fighter and CAS K&P packages give us ASW capability. I actually just like the K&P packages more because the BR.1150 Atlantique 2 can carry more different stuff so it's useful if we're not hunting for subs/Botes.

The way I think about these options is - what gives us new capability. We've talked about ASW capability which narrows it down to 4 options. Of those 4 options, the K&P Fighter package gives us the AESA for the Gripens and adds the most new capability.

That said, I'd love to add a ton of airframes but it's hard to see how you go past the Gripens

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

PenguinSalsa posted:

If we're getting Harriers (yes please), the Harrier GR.9A can carry six(!) Brimstones or a bunch of Mavericks and/or Paveway IVs

For my choices I tried to pick the second newest version, to be more interesting and probably more realistic (more getting sold off by national militaries).

A lot of cool options in this procurement round? Ivanov-F for All the Frogs? Ivanov-S for the boat? But I think I'll be hoping for BFLM-A. F-16s are great at everything, A-10s are fun, and that bunch of MQ-1 drones with Hellfires should be excellent when a target needs to be finished off (or is fragile), in addition to the recon uses.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Dandywalken posted:

I vote BFLM attack.

not voting yet

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
Guys I want the F-18's but I may also have vtol brain syndrome

don't get vtol brain syndrome

ldragon
Feb 18, 2011
As a supporter of BOTE pack it gets us good EW in the 2 decent OECM planes, some halfway decent light attackers in the Hinds, A bote with 8! long range cruise missiles (thats 3! saudi tornadoes worth) with a fantastic radar that gives us redundancy in our EINT, and 8 fishbeds that are hilarious and probably not worth much. It is the the pack for good EWAR options.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
Ivanov

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Updated to current stats!

quote:

8 - JAS 39C Gripen : Meteor & SDB
Type: Generation 4.9 Multirole (Fighter/Attack)
Properties: Terrain Avoidance (300ft/100ft), Fly-by-Wire, Night Navigation, Bombsight - Advanced Navigation (INS/GPS), Probe Refueling
Speed: 350/480/580/925
Radar: 120nm (DECM, 120 nm RWR)

Common Weapon Payloads
A/A Meteor Intercept (180 min, 220 nm): 4x RB 107 Meteor (75 nm), 2x AIM-2000A (15 nm)
Land Standoff Strike (360 min, 530 nm): 2x AIM-2000A (15 nm), 8x GBU-39/B SDB (60 nm)
Naval Standoff Strike (360 min, 180 nm): 2x AIM-2000A (15 nm), 2x RB 15F Mk2 (80 nm) / 2x RB 107 Meteor (75 nm)

The Gripen is our workhorse, providing flexible multirole capabilities for intercept and standoff strike.

4 - Tornado IDS - Saudi Arabia
Type: Generation 3.5 Attack
Properties: Terrain Following (200 / 100), Fly-by-Wire, Night Navigation/Attack, Bombsight - Advanced Navigation (INS/GPS), Probe Refueling
Radar: 40 nm (120 nm RWR)

Common Weapon Payloads
Land/Naval Standoff Strike (360 min, 1050 nm): 12x Brimstone (16 nm), 2x AIM-2000A (15 nm)
Naval Standoff Strike (600 min, 950 nm): 2x Sea Eagle (60 nm), 2x AIM-2000A (15 nm)
Cruise Missile (360 min, 825 nm): 2x Storm Shadow (215 nm), 2x AIM-2000A (15 nm)
ALARM (600 min, 950 nm): 2x AIM-2000A (15 nm), 5x ALARM Blk 1 (40 nm)

Flexible attack platform with the ability to deploy for a variety of attack scenarios.

4 - Kfir C.10
Type: Generation 4 Multirole (Fighter/Attack)
Properties: Terai Avoidance (Land: 300ft, Sea: 100ft), Night Navigation (Air-to-Air, Air-to-Surface Missiles), Bombsight - Advanced Computering, Probe Refuelling, Boom Refuelling)
Radar: 80 nm (120 nm RWR)

Common Weapon Payloads
Python A/A (180 min, 150 nm): 4x Python 5 (15 nm)
Derby A/A (180 min, 150 nm): 2x Derby (40 nm), 2x Python 5 (15 nm)
Standoff Strike (600 min, 640 nm): 2x SPICE 1000 GPS/EO (35 nm), 2x Python 5 (15 nm)

While not as effective as the Gripen, these multirole fighters are viable strike or intercept craft.

3 - Saab SK60B
Type: Generation 1 Whipping Boy Attack
Properties: Bombsight - Ballistic Computing
Speed: 250/340/420
Radar: N/A

Common Weapon Payloads
Rocket (360 min, 375 nm, Day-Only, Limited All-Weather): 12x M/70 135mm Rocket (2nm)

The SK60B is the much maligned ground attack craft that the PMC uses when the skies are safe. The plane has one job; shoot stuff with rockets. Best used against targets that can't shoot back.

6 - F-4E Phantom II - Greek
Type: Generation 3.5 Multirole (Fighter/Attack)
Properties: Night Navigation (Air-to-Air, Air-to-Surface Missiles), Bombsight - Ballistic Computing, Boom Refueling
Radar: 80 nm (120 nm RWR)

Common Weapon Payloads
A/A AMRAAM (180 min, 150 nm, 130 min TOS): 4x AIM-9L Sidewinder (10 nm)*, 4x AIM-120B AMRAAM (40 nm)
Land Strike (360 min, 450 nm): 2x AIM-120B AMRAAM (40 nm), 2x GBU-10E/B Paveway II LGB (4 nm) 1x AN/ALQ-119 ECM Pod
Bomb Truck (360 min, 240 nm): 2x AIM-120B AMRAAM (40 nm), 12x Mk82 500lb LDGP (1 nm), 1x AN/ALQ-119 ECM Pod

*Note: Sidewinder could be swapped for AIM-2000A

The F-4E is a workhorse bomb truck, not ideally suited for air-combat but excellent for delivering a large quantity of munitions to a target in ground support.

1 - SU-25T Frogfoot A
Type: Generation 3 Attack
Properties: Night Navigation (Air-to-Air, Air-to-Surface Missiles), Bombsight - Ballistic Computing, Boom Refuelling
Speed: 270/370/520
Radar: ? nm (120 nm RWR, 10 nm Laser Designator, 2 nm Bomb Sight)

Common Weapon Payloads
Anti-Tank (360 min, 210 nm, Day Only): 2x AA-8 Aphid (5 nm), 16x AT-16 Scallion (5 nm)
Guided Bomb (360 min, 200 nm, Day Only, Clear Weather): 2x AA-8 Aphid (5 nm), 4x KAB-500L LGB (4 nm)
Standoff Land/Naval (360 min, 210 nm, Day Only): 2x AA-8 Aphid (5 nm), 2x AS-14 Kedge (6 nm)
Standoff Land/Naval (360 min, 210 nm, Day-Only): 2x AA-8 Aphid (5 nm), 4x AS-10 Karen (6 nm)

Another bomb truck, the SU-25 is exclusively intended to deliver a large quantity of short-range munitions to surface targets. It carries no weapons with a range greater than 6 nm.

2 - AMX
Type: Generation 3 Attack
Properties: Fly-by-Wire, Night Navigation (Air-to-Air, Air-to-Surface Missiles), Bombsight - Ballistic Computing, Probe Refueling
Speed: 350/480/570
Radar: ? nm (30 nm Infrared, 120 nm RWR)

Common Weapon Payloads
A/A (180 min, 150 nm, 120 min TOS, Day Only): 4x AIM-9L Sidewinder (10 nm)*
Counter-Runway (360 min, 480 nm, Day Only): 2x AIM-9L Sidewinder (10 nm)*, 4x Durandal (1 nm)
Guided Missile (360 min, 510 nm, Day Only): 2x AIM-9L Sidewinder (10 nm)*, 2x AGM-65 Maverick EO (6 nm)
Guided Bomb (360 min, 505 nm, Clear Weather): 2x AIM-9L Sidewinder (10 nm)*, 2x GBU-16B/B Paveway II LGB (4 nm)

*Note: Sidewinder could be swapped for AIM-2000A

The AMX is a multi-purpose ground attack craft.

2 - Mirage F.1CR
Type: Generation 4 Attack
Properties: Night Navigation (Air-to-Air, Air-to-Surface Missiles), Bombsight - Advanced Computing, Probe Refueling
Radar: 60 nm (5 nm Visual, 120 nm RWR)

Common Weapon Payloads
Recon (180 min, 550 nm): 1x Barax NG DECM Pod, 1x [Omera 40 Recon Pod (Visual) or Rafael Recon Pod (SLAR) or ASTAC Pod (ESM)]
A/A (180 min, 150 nm, 135 min TOS): 4x R.550 Magic 2 Mk2 (10 nm)
Guided Missile (360 min, 210 nm): 2x R.500 Magic 2 Mk2 (10 nm), 2x AS.30L (6 nm), 1x Barax NG DECM Pod
Guided Bomb (360 min, 275 nm): 2x R.550 Magic 2 Mk2 (10 nm), 2x BGL-400 LGB (4 nm), 1x Barax NG DECM Pod
Guided Bomb (360 min, 350 nm, Day Only, Clear Weather): 2x R.550 Magic 2 Mk2 (10 nm), 4x GBU-12D/B Paveway II LGB (4 nm), 1x Barax NG DECM Pod

The Mirage is a flexible ground attack craft that also includes recon capabilities.

1 - EA-6B Prowler
Type: Generation 2.5 Electronic Warfare
Properties: Night Navigation (Air-to-Air, Air-to-Surface Missiles), Probe Refuelling
Speed: 300/415/570
Radar: 150 nm (500 nm ESM)

Common Weapon Payloads
Short Range Jammer (360 min, 650 nm): 5x AN/ALQ-991 ECM Pod
HARM (360 min, 550 nm): 1x AGM-88C HARM (70 nm), 4x AN/ALQ-991 ECM Pod

Arguably one of the most valuable assets in the company, the Prowler provides crucial jamming support for operations.

1 - Saab S 100B
Type: Airborne Early Warning
Properties: Night Navigation (Air-to-Air, Air-to-Surface Missiles)
Speed: 180/285/350
Radar: 350 nm (500 nm ESM)
Range: 780 nm

The S 100B provides crucial radar coverage for company operations.

1 - MQ-9 Reaper
Type: Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicle
Properties: Night Navigation (Bomb, Rocket Delivery)
Speed: 120/170/260
Radar: 45 nm (15 nm Laser Designator, 100 nm IR/EO)

Common Weapon Payloads
Strike (1450 nm): 4x AGM-114K Hellfire II (5 nm), 2x GBU-49/B Paveway II (4 nm)
Recon (1600 nm): 2x Gorgon Stare Increment 2 Sensor Pod

While the Reaper does possess the ability to carry weapons, it's ability to identify targets and provide remote lasing has been proven to be far more useful.

1 - Sperwer UAV
Type: Unmanned Aerial Vehicle
Speed: 60/95/100
Radar: 0 nm (30 nm CCD, 30 nm FLIR, 20 nm Laser Rangefinder)
Range: 270 nm

Generally regarded as disposable (as disposable as a $1.5M asset can be) the Sperwer is a remote recon craft.

1 - C-130E
Type: Transport
Properties: Night Navigation (Air-to-Air, Air-to-Surface Missiles), Boom Refueling
Speed: 210/325/350
Radar: 50 nm

The C-130 is a ubiquitous cargo aircraft capable of surviving in nearly any environment. At some point we should strap guns to it.

1 - CN235 Cargo Plane
Type: Transport
Speed: 185/245/260
Radar: 35 nm (Weather and Navigation Only)

We got this to start with otherwise we'd probably have another C-130.

1 - KC-135R Stratotanker
Type: Tanker (Air Refueling)
Properties: Night Navigation (Air-to-Air, Air-to-Surface Missiles), Wing Drogue, Centerline Boom
Speed: 230/480/520
Radar: 40 nm (Weather and Navigation Only)
Range: 3900 nm (Tanker)

We probably don't want this to blow up.

1 - VC10.K4
Type: Tanker (Air Refueling)
Properties: Night Navigation (Air-to-Air, Air-to-Surface Missiles), Probe Refueling, Centerline Drogue, Wing Drogue
Speed: 230/480/510
Radar: 35 nm (Weather and Navigation Only)
Range: 3090 nm (Tanker)

Losing this would also be bad.

2 - SA-22
Radar: 30nm (Acquisition), 100 nm (LLTV), 100 nm (IR), 15 nm (Tracking)
Weapons: SA-22 Greyhound (10 nm), 30mm 2A38M (1 nm)

2 - ZSU-23-4
Radar: 27 nm
Weapons: 23mm ZSU-23-4 Shilka (0.8 nm)

1 - I-HAWK
Radar: 45 nm (Radar), 80 nm (Visual)
Weapons: MIM-23K- I-HAWK ELM (22 nm)

quote:

BFLM Fighter
5 - F/A-18C Hornet (USMC)
Type: Generation 4.5 Multirole (Fighter/Attack)
Properties: Terrain Avoidance (300ft/100ft), Fly-by-Wire, Night Navigation, Bombsight - Advanced Navigation, Helmet Mound Sight / Display, Probe Refueling
Radar: 80nm (DECM, 120 nm RWR)

Common Weapon Payloads
A/A AMRAAM Heavy (180 min, 150 nm, 100 min TOS): 2x AIM-9X Sidewider (10 nm), 6x AIM-120D AMRAAM (72 nm)
Land/Naval Standoff (360 min, 340 nm): 2x AIM-9X Sidewider (10 nm), 2x AIM-120D AMRAAM (75 nm), 2x AGM-84K SLAMER-ATA (150 nm)
Decoy (360 min, 450 nm): 2x AIM-9X Sidewider (10 nm), 2x AIM-120D AMRAAM (75 nm), 2x ADM-141C ITALD Decoy (160 nm)
HARM (360 min, 340 nm): 2x AIM-9X Sidewider (10 nm), 2x AIM-120D AMRAAM (75 nm), 4x AGM-88C HARM (70 nm)

These guys are basically workhorses that are slightly worse than our Gripens but with the added benefit of being able to carry around drat near anything. Not included are configurations that can bring around 8 Mk 82 JDAMs, a pair of Harpoons, incendiary bombs, and loving sea mines.

6 - A-29B Super Tucano
Type: Generation 1.5 Attack
Properties: Night Navigation, Bombsight - Basic
Speed: 220/280/330
Radar: None (30 nm Visual/IR, 15 nm Laser Designator)

Common Weapon Payloads
GBU-12D/B (600 min, 375 nm, Day-only, Clear Weather): 2x GBU-12D/B Paveway II LGB (4 nm)

Basically a bomb truck. Probably going to die a lot.

5 - MQ-1C Grey Eagle UAV
Type: UAV
Properties: Night Navigation
Speed: 70/90/135
Radar: 20 nm (100 nm IR, 15 nm Laser Designator, 500 nm COMINT)

Common Weapon Payloads
AGM-114K Hellfire II (720 min, 1525 nm): 4x AGM-114K Hellfire II (5 nm)

gently caress tanks basically. And small boats.

quote:

BFLM Attack
5 - F-16CM Blk 52 Falcon
Type: Generation 4.9 Multirole (Fighter/Attack)
Properties: Terrain Avoidance (300ft/100ft), Fly-by-Wire, Night Navigation, Bombsight - Advanced Navigation, Helmet Mound Sight / Display, Boom Refueling
Radar: 60nm (120 nm RWR)

Common Weapon Payloads
A/A AMRAAM Heavy (180 min, 200 nm, 85 min TOS): 2x AIM-9X Sidewider (10 nm), 4x AIM-120D AMRAAM (72 nm)
Land Standoff (360 min, 350 nm): 2x AIM-9X Sidewider (10 nm), 2x AIM-120D AMRAAM (75 nm), 2x AGM-158A JASSM (215 nm)
Decoy (360 min, 410 nm): 2x AIM-9X Sidewider (10 nm), 2x AIM-120D AMRAAM (75 nm), 4x ADM-160B MALD (500 nm)
HARM (360 min, 425 nm): 2x AIM-9X Sidewider (10 nm), 2x AIM-120D AMRAAM (75 nm), 2x AGM-88C HARM (70 nm)

Lots of interesting options, including MALD which power crystals is super excited about. Roughly comparable to the F-15, maybe slightly less flexible with less armament.

6 - A-10C Thunderbolt II
Properties: Terrain Avoidance (300ft/100ft), Night Navigation, Bombsight - Ballistic Computing, Boom Refueling
Speed: 180/300/390
Radar: None (20 nm Laser Spot Tracker, 120 nm RWR)

Common Weapon Payloads
Maverick (360 min, 400 nm, Limited All-Weather): 30mm GAU-8A/B Avenger (1.5 nm), 2x AIM-9X Sidewider (10 nm), 6x AGM-65D Maverick IR (8 nm)
Mk 84 JDAM (360 min, 320 nm): 30mm GAU-8A/B Avenger (1.5 nm), 2x AIM-9X Sidewider (10 nm), 4x GBU-31(V)1/B JDAM [Mk 84] (12 nm)

*BRRRRT!* It's a gun with wings and a titanium bathtub to protect the pilot. It was born to kill tanks, it's really good at killing tanks, and the JDAM package also gives it some standoff bombing capability assuming the air is clear.

5 - MQ-1C Grey Eagle UAV

Common Weapon Payloads

quote:

BFLM Support
2 - P-3C Orion Update II/II.5
Type: Maritime Patrol Aircraft
Speed: 180/290/325
Radar: 200nm (5 nm Infrared, ECM, 30 nm Visual, 500 nm ELINT, 1 nm MAD)

Common Weapon Payloads
Maverick IR (360 min, 2150 nm, Limited All-Weather): 4x AGM-65F Maverick IR (8 nm)
gently caress Subs (240 min, 845 nm, 140 min TOS): 4x AGM-84G Harpoon (75 nm), 8x Mk 54 LHT Mod 0 Torpedoes (4 nm)
Standoff Land/Naval (360 min, 2100 nm): 2x AGM-84K SLAMER-ATA (150 nm)

Primarily designed for naval operations, the P-3 is good against submarines and to a lesser extent surface ships.

2 - HC-130H Hercules (Coast Guard)
Type: Area Surveillance
Speed: 205/330/410
Radar: 200nm (30 nm Infrared, ECM, 30 nm Visual)

It's a cargo aircraft that can drop up to 19 tons and also perform search and rescue.

10 - A-29B Super Tucano
Type: Generation 1.5 Attack
Properties: Night Navigation, Bombsight - Basic
Speed: 220/280/330
Radar: None (30 nm Visual/IR, 15 nm Laser Designator)

Common Weapon Payloads
GBU-12D/B (600 min, 375 nm, Day-only, Clear Weather): 2x GBU-12D/B Paveway II LGB (4 nm)

Basically a bomb truck. Probably going to die a lot.

2 - MQ-1C Grey Eagle UAV

Common Weapon Payloads

quote:

K&P Attack

6 - Tornado IDS - Saudi Arabia
Properties: Terrain Following (200 / 100), Fly-by-Wire, Night Navigation/Attack, Bombsight - Advanced Navigation (INS/GPS), Probe Refueling
Radar: 40 nm (120 nm RWR)

Common Weapon Payloads
Land/Naval Standoff Strike (360 min, 1050 nm): 12x Brimstone (16 nm), 2x AIM-2000A (15 nm)
Naval Standoff Strike (600 min, 950 nm): 2x Sea Eagle (60 nm), 2x AIM-2000A (15 nm)
Cruise Missile (360 min, 825 nm): 2x Storm Shadow (215 nm), 2x AIM-2000A (15 nm)
ALARM (600 min, 950 nm): 2x AIM-2000A (15 nm), 5x ALARM Blk 1 (40 nm)

Flexible attack platform with the ability to deploy for a variety of attack scenarios.

4 - F-16DJ Blk 52+ Falcon (Peace Xenia III)
Type: Generation 4.9 Multirole
Properties: Fly-by-Wire, Night Navigation/Attack, Bombsight - Advanced Navigation (INS/GPS), Helmet Mounted Sign / Display, Boom Refueling
Radar: 60 nm (120 nm RWR, 5 nm MAWS, DECM, 15 nm NVG)

Common Weapon Payloads
A/A AIM-120C-7 (180 min, 200 nm): 2x AIM-2000A IRIS-T (15 nm), 4x AIM-120C-7 AMRAAM (60 nm)
HARM (360 min, 750 nm): 2x AIM-2000A (15 nm), 2x AIM-120C-7 AMRAAM (60 nm), 2x AGM-88B HARM (70 nm)
Standoff Strike (360 min, 390 nm): 2x AIM-2000A (15 nm), 2x AIM-120C-7 AMRAAM (60 nm), 4x AGM-154C JSOW (45 nm)
8000 lbs of Love (360 min, 450 nm): 2x AIM-2000A (15 nm), 2x AIM-120C-7 AMRAAM (60 nm), 4x SPICE 2000 GPS/EO [Mk 84] (35 nm)

It can deliver 8000 pounds of guided munitions.

1 - BR.1150 Atlantique 2
Type: Maritime Patrol Aircraft
Properties: Fly-by-Wire, Night Navigation/Attack, Bombsight - Advanced Navigation (INS/GPS), Helmet Mounted Sign / Display, Boom Refueling
Speed: 170/315/350
Radar: 240 nm (1 nm MAD, 500 nm ELINT, 30 nm Visual, 30 nm Infrared, 15 nm Laser Designator)

Common Weapon Payloads
Torpedoes (240 min, 600 nm, 480 min TOS): 4x MU-90 Impact (4 nm)
Naval Standoff Strike (360 min, 1500 nm): 2x AM.39 Exocet Blk II (36 nm)
Land/Naval Standoff Strike (60 min, 2350 nm): 4x GBU-12D/B Paveway II LGB [Mk 82] (4 nm)

Not as good as a P3 at killing boats, but still pretty good.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 05:39 on May 23, 2017

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

ldragon posted:

As a supporter of BOTE pack it gets us good EW in the 2 decent OECM planes, some halfway decent light attackers in the Hinds, A bote with 8! long range cruise missiles (thats 3! saudi tornadoes worth) with a fantastic radar that gives us redundancy in our EINT, and 8 fishbeds that are hilarious and probably not worth much. It is the the pack for good EWAR options.

To piggyback off of this, the Buyan-class corvette is a really good value. They give us land strike capabilities and have some spicy close in guns. We can use this for anti-piracy missions and land strikes as well. For cover e could place our AWACS over it so that way the CAP we normally have covering our other assets can still protect this. Its reasonably fast and has a decent stealth profile as well. Best of all we get a boat and other assets as well, all for 400 million of procurement.

I know a lot of people might be thinking that its meh, but understand this, to get a good line ship, like a modern frigate or destroyers, its going to cost pretty much an entire round of procurement fund to get one boat (most lower end frigates cost anywhere from 300-500 million a unit) and most of those lack the capability to strike land targets with cruise missiles. So basically if we want a big boat that can shoot a decent number of missiles, we'd have to forgo a round of procurement to afford one, and even then we'd be dumping almost all our money into one. Now I'm not opposed to that, but I know a lo of people here would feel iffy about putting so much funding into one thing.

Navies are expensive, this Buyan-class corvette is a good cheap unit that lets us get more stuff.

sparkmaster
Apr 1, 2010
The Gripen upgrade gives us longer legs, an improved FLIR, and the ability to carry 6 (!) Meteors. For as good as bote is, those Gripen upgrades are better.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
For naval stuff, I really would rather wait to buy something like an Incheon or Iver Huitfeldt instead. Something that has at least some capacity to defend itself and that gives us something beyond "yet another way to toss cruise missiles at things".

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

sparkmaster posted:

The Gripen upgrade gives us longer legs, an improved FLIR, and the ability to carry 6 (!) Meteors. For as good as bote is, those Gripen upgrades are better.

The radar upgrade is out of sight as well.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

sparkmaster posted:

If we pick the BLFM Fighter package we get five more fighters that can each carry six AMRAAMs.

I'm just not seeing how the Gripen upgrade is remotely worth it.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Lots of good options here. The only one I really don't think we should go with is the K&P Fighters because I think we should go for more airframes; getting better Gripens will just crowd out more of the usability of our lesser planes.

I think the most intriguing option is Ivanov Support because of the naval factor. The game is great at doing naval missions and it would be fun and different to start to explore the boat side of things.

Otherwise I'm very big on Fencers as I think they would be fun to deploy, and K&P Support would let us do more complicated EWAR mission planning that I find fun to do, but i'm not sure if it would translate to the LP as well.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

If we pick the BLFM Fighter package we get five more fighters that can each carry six AMRAAMs.

I'm just not seeing how the Gripen upgrade is remotely worth it.

The BLFM Fighter package saddles us with a bunch of Super Tucanos. I like Super Tucanos, but I have to admit they're outclassed in the current air environment.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

The Sandman posted:

For naval stuff, I really would rather wait to buy something like an Incheon or Iver Huitfeldt instead. Something that has at least some capacity to defend itself and that gives us something beyond "yet another way to toss cruise missiles at things".

Ok but the boat we were offered is a crew of 42 the ones you suggested are crewed by 140 and 165 respectively.

We aren't going to be able to get a boat that needs a crew of over 50, realistically. Even that might be pushing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Davin Valkri posted:

The BLFM Fighter package saddles us with a bunch of Super Tucanos. I like Super Tucanos, but I have to admit they're outclassed in the current air environment.

Is it really that big of a deal? At least they can bomb stuff. I'm just trying to understand how the balance is there.