Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I'm curious to what the source of the drift is?

Is it because Bernie supporters are more likely to respond to an exit poll?

We should also never count out CNN being a bunch of incompetents. Because CNN is a bunch of incompetents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Never go full Tim Robbins

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

CowHammer posted:

Usual dumb poo poo here:

But I noticed the word "drat" is in a different font. So I found the original:

That's right. They were offended by the use of the word "loving," so they changed it to the much safer "drat."

I hate this kind of bullshit because the average age of Americans enlisted was 26 during WWII. Also loves that in order for this poo poo to work it ignores whatever pointless wars we've had in the interim between now and WWII.

Daniel Bryan posted:

Never go full Tim Robbins

This is making me assume that Robbins' character in The Brink was his own Mary Sue.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Tim Robbins can do no wrong after this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojXNidUga5Q

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Scruff McGruff posted:

I love these. It's like people just plugged their ears and went "LALALALALALA" during that whole inconvenient Iraq/Afghanistan thing that's STILL GOING ON that our generation has had to fight. I've also had people really twist themselves into pretzels trying to explain why troops today don't count like troops at D-Day by basically saying that because they were drafted they were real men. They backpedaled pretty hard when asked if they were implying we should re-instate the draft. Just throw them a picture of some 40's greaser like "while ARE TROOPS were fighting UBL, their generation were at home tending to their pompadours."

I'm too lazy to make a meme, but:

In 1971, 21-year-olds were making GBS threads their pants to avoid the Vietnam draft.

Not that I blame anybody for whatever draft evasion techniques they had and am quite proud that my father was able to keep his student deferment just long enough.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

RC and Moon Pie posted:

I'm too lazy to make a meme, but:

In 1971, 21-year-olds were making GBS threads their pants to avoid the Vietnam draft.

Not that I blame anybody for whatever draft evasion techniques they had and am quite proud that my father was able to keep his student deferment just long enough.

I remember when the Iraq war started and I was pretty close to hitting 18. My dad sat me down to have a serious talk on the possibility of a draft that ended up with him telling me "if you try to dodge I won't stop you."

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Zerilan posted:

I remember when the Iraq war started and I was pretty close to hitting 18. My dad sat me down to have a serious talk on the possibility of a draft that ended up with him telling me "if you try to dodge I won't stop you."

My uncles, who had both been to Vietnam, had a Canada fund ready for my Dad when he turned 18 in case his number came up.

I hoped i wouldn't ever have any really nasty ones to provide, but now i know that my family believes this poo poo, enjoy

Womenfolk

Southern Strategy

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Inspector Hound posted:

Southern Strategy

Poor black person correctly identifies an idiot racist, a good cartoon

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Then someone responded with this:

and mentioned nanothermite.

lol

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Guavanaut posted:

They should have just gone with this one.

That actually doesn't happen in the wild. Mantis's don't do well in captivity, and females would start resorting to eating males after they'd mated out of starvation and boredom. Scientists just assumed that was typical behavior.

Not that you're wrong. There are dozens of species for whom sex is excruciating for at least one partner, usually the female. Badgers will mutilate a females genitals to expose the clitoris, ducks have painful corkscrew dicks, and bananna slug females will chew off parts of the males dick if it is too big to fit.

Edit: beaten.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

We don't want men going into women's restroom so our solution is for men to go into women's restrooms.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

muscles like this? posted:

We don't want men going into women's restroom so our solution is for men to go into women's restrooms.

two manly men telling each other to leave the women's room like a pathetic cowboy showdown

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 25 hours!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

35% is not enough, for many people. Top marginal of 75% or bust.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Correct, America was founded on us being gigantic whiny babies and not wanting to help pay Britian back for protecting us from the French. A good Macro.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Remember James Orcs Jr.'s words - "Taxation without a Republican president is Tyranny".

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

ratbert90 posted:

Correct, America was founded on us being gigantic whiny babies and not wanting to help pay Britian back for protecting us from the French. A good Macro.

Wait, what? I thought the French were the ones defending the Americans from the British. First time America tried to face a country without French help, they got destroyed by loving Canada.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Fulchrum posted:

Wait, what? I thought the French were the ones defending the Americans from the British. First time America tried to face a country without French help, they got destroyed by loving Canada.

rekt

:canada:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Fulchrum posted:

French Indian war. We are going way back before the revolution.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Fulchrum posted:

The First Barbary War?

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

So... The guy behind the gun is ALSO in the wrong bathroom...?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
You usually take small children into the your bathroom regardless of gender. He's in the Men's Room, but has stuck a claim and threatens anyone entering.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
THIS IS MY PUBLIC TOILET

THERE ARE MANY LIKE IT BUT THIS ONE IS MINE

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
I'm still not getting it. So he took his daughter into the male bathroom, and now he's worried that a woman dressed as a man will be allowed to sneak in there and take advantage of the situation? What do they do if she's with her mother..?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Shoot them both then masturbate into the urinal to dissipate your rage boner.

Most of those macros could just be replaced with the words 'rage' and 'penis' repeated over and over, so I'm fairly sure it's that.

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Apr 26, 2016

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Guavanaut posted:

Shoot them both then masturbate into the urinal to dissipate your rage boner.

Most of those macros could just be replaced with the words 'rage' and 'penis' repeated over and over, so I'm fairly sure it's that.

The gun is good. The penis is evil.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Samovar posted:

So... The guy behind the gun is ALSO in the wrong bathroom...?

muscles like this? posted:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The peak example of this was the male security guard that chased the cis-female into the women's room (since she looked manly to him) and yelled that all men need to leave then physically forced her out.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Radish posted:

The peak example of this was the male security guard that chased the cis-female into the women's room (since she looked manly to him) and yelled that all men need to leave then physically forced her out.

We're gonna see a lot more instances of that in the next few years, I have a feeling. Sometimes I worry for the very femme dudes and butch women I've known over the years.

And, in a general sense, if by some dark miracle Trump wins, I could see a lot of the celebrations from 2008 occurring, but this time people getting hurt.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Radish posted:

So would there be any legal repercussions if she had just maced this motherfucker?

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Fulchrum posted:

So would there be any legal repercussions if she had just maced this motherfucker?

Given that the mallcop never really seemed to face any punishment, and that there was a right-wing response that she was actually doing it for attention/to force the issue of trans bathroom use, she probably would have been charged with assault.

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It must be an EXCITING life to be constantly afraid that your daughter will be raped every time she uses a public restroom! :)

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Fulchrum posted:

That actually doesn't happen in the wild. Mantis's don't do well in captivity, and females would start resorting to eating males after they'd mated out of starvation and boredom. Scientists just assumed that was typical behavior.

Not that you're wrong. There are dozens of species for whom sex is excruciating for at least one partner, usually the female. Badgers will mutilate a females genitals to expose the clitoris, ducks have painful corkscrew dicks, and bananna slug females will chew off parts of the males dick if it is too big to fit.

Edit: beaten.

Sexual cannibalism does, in fact, occur among mantids in the wild. It's much less common than it is in captivity, likely in part because the male can escape after mating.

Although the best example of traumatic sex is probably the Australian redback, the male of which just straight up places his body in front of the female's mouthparts after insertion.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Edible Hat posted:

It must be an EXCITING life to be constantly afraid that your daughter will be raped every time she uses a public restroom! :)

You know what they say about thieves worrying about thieves...

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

The Larch posted:

Sexual cannibalism does, in fact, occur among mantids in the wild. It's much less common than it is in captivity, likely in part because the male can escape after mating.

Although the best example of traumatic sex is probably the Australian redback, the male of which just straight up places his body in front of the female's mouthparts after insertion.

Isn't there a beetle or something that doesn't really so much have "sex" as it is just "male jams his dick pretty much anywhere he can?"

Looking it up now, it looks like lots of bugs do that.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
There was a theory that in some species of bedbugs the male could traumatically inseminate other males, upon which the sperm would fight inside the inseminated male against their own sperm and there was a chance that sperm would then be passed on to whoever that male inseminated.

I think that got shown to be incorrect in the end, but they do stab other males with their harpoon dicks on the reg, it just doesn't achieve much.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
It's weird how super wrong NDT was in that tweet. Has he never seen an Attenborough special?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Hermetic posted:

Given that the mallcop never really seemed to face any punishment, and that there was a right-wing response that she was actually doing it for attention/to force the issue of trans bathroom use, she probably would have been charged with assault.

I think because she was a woman from birth she would have gotten away with it but the bigger issue is aggravating the clearly unstable idiot carrying a gun and a hero/victim complex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

The revolutionaries were careful to point out that the amount of the tax was not really at issue, and that they were mostly upset with not having legislative representation in the body authorizing it. Accordingly, Washington DC should be accorded representation in Congress, a good macro.