Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Miniature Moose
Mar 14, 2009

CapitanGarlic posted:

Man I just caught up with the thread and couldn't get double-flip Morcubus out of my head - so, here is a thing I created with my hand parts

Those may or may not be pantaloons in-game but by god they're pantaloons in my heart.

Oh that is just brilliant. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Picayune posted:

That is the best, you are the best

Agreed. That's fantastic.

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!

CapitanGarlic posted:

Man I just caught up with the thread and couldn't get double-flip Morcubus out of my head - so, here is a thing I created with my hand parts

Those may or may not be pantaloons in-game but by god they're pantaloons in my heart.

That is amazing. Would make a fantastic avatar I bet :allears:

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Just read through this whole LP over the last day or two.

I made some art for it.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Leaf is like the only Elf worthy of Sam, so awesome!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

That's amazing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

CapitanGarlic posted:

This reminds me of Rick and Morty for some reason.

"Look, look, Buddy, *burp* what we're gonna do is we're gonna put gears EVERYWHERE! Gears everywhere, Buddy, it's gonna be great!"

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

Captain Fargle posted:

Just read through this whole LP over the last day or two.

I made some art for it.

pfffffft hee hee awesome :mmmhmm:

Man, can you imagine how much Mana it's going to cost Sam to build the initial stairway to the moon? It's okay, though. Once they're there, he can just pick it up and delete it and get all his Mana back!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
"So the meaning of life is what I did while they were looking for the book.

"I... stood on my castle battlements and flipped them off.

"I'm okay with this."

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
BUT FIRST

Second Time Around: Capital Island, Part 1

So: here we are. Barney asked us to do him this extra favor as soon as we hit Wandolier Level 4, and now we're going to do it.

When Barney says 'Harbor Gate', he means this little area, where we first learned about gears. Now it's going to be all painted up and Natural and stuff.

Sam therefore builds a fancy badger-viewing platform and adds a few nice bushes.

But we're not done with Barney. Ohhh no.

: It's the secret... of the ultimate knot! Every sailor worth his salt knows it... and that means I'm the only one! HAHA!

Barney goes all thoughtful on us.

: I'm not sure if I should tell you now, even being as close as we are, Sam...

We'll need to convince him to teach us the ultimate knot via the power of Socialization.

Even as Sam steps up to do just that, though, Barney is teleported away! Marlon?!

No, the game just wanted Barney to be outside for some reason. I don't even know. I still blame Marlon.

If there's one thing Sam has learned in his travels, it's that starting out slow is the way to go. Let's Chat.

Prrrrrobably Barney cares more about Houseboats.

And he's definitely more interested in Elmira than in Princess Butter, thank goodness.

I would be remiss if I did not take this chance to compliment his awesome sideburns

seriously look at those

Hooray! Teach us a thing, Sailor Salt Barney!

Barney pulls out a hank of rope. Sam pulls out his pencil and prepares to take notes.

Barney fiddles with the rope for a moment and then shows off the knot. We have learned something!

And thus, Barney gives us a reward for being his newest Best Friend.

Quite acceptable.

That's how it's always going to go. First Sam has to build, decorate, and paint things until the quest-giver gets bored with making him run around, which is usually about twenty minutes after my head starts hurting. Sam then has to Socialize with the person briefly, at which point he will become their Best Friend. Sam's newest Best Friend will then give him a present--usually clothing but not always--after which Sam will generally never speak to them again.

Also you can totally be someone's Best Friend without them actually liking you all that much.

Anyway! Let's go lord it over Elmira some.

: Don't answer that. Just get to work on the rooms inside my house.

Well, she hasn't changed. And she wants Elegant stuff, because Elegance is the watchword amongst pig-keepers.

There. Elegant. Some paints fulfill Interests like furniture does, which helps to keep me sane.

: Oh, and while you're here, you might as well make yourself useful, Captain Fancy-Pants Wandolier.

they are pretty fancy pants, aren't they

: Pigglez wants some new stuff in the yard. He may be small in stature, but he has large demands.

Sam can do that.

awww who's a good piggy did you miss me

Elmira--I mean Pigglez--wants stuff, basically. Nature stuff.

Fencing and fancy new windows mostly handle that. Well, Elmira?

: Pigglez tells me he loves his new yard.

She seems to have something else on her mind--

: Oh, hi there Sam. I'll admit it--I've kinda been missing the noise you always used to make. I guess a little company goes a long way. Hmph! At least I still have my pigs!

welp

Elmira doesn't seem like the joke kind. We're just going to Chat.

She's a swineherd or whatever. She probably has opinions on Dirt.

She does! She is now Delighted about dirt! Sam attempts to High-Five her...

... but she :what:s at his upraised hand until he gives up.

Well, she and Barney kind of have a thing for one another...

Aw, Sam brought up Barney and Elmira got all giggly.

We know she likes Pigglez!

yaaaaay pigglez

Long story short: pig snouts make Elmira Surly. Piggie tails, on the other hand, Delight her, at which point Sam takes a risk and blows her a kiss...

... woo hoo!

Aww, hugs for Elmira.

:haw:

Now we have to repeat this process for every person in the world!!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Well you're 2 for 2 on getting nice accessories out of this incredible time-wasting series of "quests!"

it's probably not all uphill from here, right?

I mean games having quests where you collect 5 plot coupons to move on is sort of a thing we're never going to escape, but it's sort of rude to make you do that 40 times in a row

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Picayune posted:

Even as Sam steps up to do just that, though, Barney is teleported away! Marlon?!

I guess aftershocks is a potential side effect of teleportation.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The Terrible Secret of MySims Kingdom is that it's actually an MMO. Spencer knew the truth.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I would completely go along with this if only to have conversations with every person in the world and see all the prompts.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

Glazius posted:

I would completely go along with this if only to have conversations with every person in the world and see all the prompts.

The socialization stuff is definitely my favorite part of the game. (Building is neat and all, but argh Wii controls so twitchy argh.) Unfortunately the optional dialogues can be pretty by-the-numbers, but we'll see some pretty great ones, too.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Picayune posted:

The socialization stuff is definitely my favorite part of the game. (Building is neat and all, but argh Wii controls so twitchy argh.) Unfortunately the optional dialogues can be pretty by-the-numbers, but we'll see some pretty great ones, too.

Not to mention how if you aren't looking at it from the right angle you can end up with just a tower of blocks because they haven't settled on the ground but instead have stuck to each other. A world of levitating flower boxes.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
Second Time Around: Capital Island, Part 2

So! Who's next--oh.

: Oh Sam, I'm so happy you're back! Listen, Daddy's going to get me a unicorn, so I need you to make the castle suitable for Mr. Sparklehorn.

well, okay, I guess I can

ONE HUNDRED PAINT?!

ONE!

HUNDRED!

PAINT!

There. The castle is now made of pigs. It's delicious.

: Thank you so much, Sam!

: Now don't look at me like that, Sam. I'm a princess in distress, after all! I need you to brighten up those dreary old stairs by the Harbor Gate. I want to be in a good mood when I visit the badgers.

She means these stairs. The first stairs Sam ever built.

There. Schmancy.

: Thank you for brightening up my day!

Aww, Butthead.

: Sam, I could really use some cheering up.

Well, she wanted to be cheered up. That was simple!

Oh, okay, not done. ... okay, mocking her dad is really tempting, but I know how much forced Socialization is in Sam's future, so I aim him directly at the goal and talk to her about tiaras.

And I miss! Apparently Sam doesn't know enough about tiaras for her tastes. Let's mock Barney instead.

In retrospect, it is killing me that I didn't imitate Butter to her face. Sam hugged her instead.

Mr. Princess Samanthacorn!

Two pairs, in fact!

And what about King Roland himself? (Note that Marlon, alone amongst all the Sims in the land, already considers Sam a wonderful person and has no need to send him running frantically about. Bless you, Marlon.)

: Ho ho! I'm glad you've come back, Sam! I could use your help. I need you to decorate my rather ramshackle bridge outside the castle.

This bridge, in fact. The first real thing Sam ever built with his new wand. Mem'ries~

Sam widens the bridge, adds guardrails, and puts in some arbors. Not put in: much effort.

: Oh, well done, Sam! I shall think of you every time I cross my bridge.

He ponders for a moment.

: Say, Sam, do you think my throne room looks good enough? I think it could use more things that remind me of cupcakes!

Sam solves the problem with fountains, canned goods, and bacon paint. So many of Sam's problems can be solved with bacon paint. It's kind of nice.

: Thanks, Sam! My throne room certainly looks more fitting now!

Just then!

: My life is filled with sadness, now. I just wish I could eat a delicious cupcake one more time!

Sam starts with chatting, which is generally the safe option.

... yeeeah, we're gonna go with monarchy here. (Can you imagine letting all these Sims rule themselves? Yikes.)

All praise King Roland, who is certainly not tubby at all! We definitely did not even consider making fun of his daughter to his face!

The King and his Wandolier belly-bump in solidarity.

Too moved for words--seriously, he doesn't say anything--King Roland gives us a Best Friend Reward.

... is... is he mocking us?

That's all for Capital Island! Next up: Renee's Nature Preserve! And then Cowboy Junction! And then I will be merciful to everyone, including myself, and actually do some plot!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Picayune posted:

... is... is he mocking us?

King Roland is lucky your name isn't Malcolm. :argh:

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Sam absolutely must wear those Groucho Marx glasses everywhere. Or at least to the next island.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
I'll admit, "Discuss Oligarchy" amused me. A nice middle ground between the two extreme positions.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

senrath posted:

Sam absolutely must wear those Groucho Marx glasses everywhere. Or at least to the next island.

My biggest issue with this game is that I have several outfits that I want Sam to wear everywhere. This will only get worse. :allears:

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Obviously the solution is to mod the game to change Sam's outfit every time there's a scene transition.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

senrath posted:

Obviously the solution is to mod the game to change Sam's outfit every time there's a scene transition.

That'll be the very first mod I install once the MySims modding scene starts to exist. :dance:

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
Second Time Around: Renee's Nature Preserve/Cowboy Junction, Part 1

To Renee's with us!

: What? I thought YOU brought it!

: Calm down, I was just kidding. Good thing I have this magic bag. I'll just whip us up some sandwiches.

: Sandwiches again? I want candy!

We arrive!

Oh. I, uh. Forgot I did that.

: Also, we need to drive people through the gift shop.

Sell me that grouchy penguin cookie jar, Renee. Sell it to me right now. Anyway!

Fun, Cute, Domestic. Easy enough. Sam can even leave traces of bacon in the back rooms.

: Thanks a bunch! My visitors are bound to love this place now! You're the best, Sam!

Renee leaves and heads over to the bear pits.

: Hey, Sam. Percy's pen is looking so great, I was thinking the bears might get jealous! Do you think you could make the Nature Walk look a little nicer?

By 'make it look nicer' she means 'slap a bunch of paint on it', of course. In fact, she wants more things painted than there are things to paint. Sam gets around this little problem by adding some extra fences and a lower observation deck, then painting these things.

: Thanks so much, Sam. I'm sure the bears will love it!

However...

: I've got bad news for you, Sam. Percy is displeased with his pen. He demands finer accomodations immediately.

Renee then proceeds to glitch, handing us two missions at once. I did eventually manage to straighten things out.

: Ms. Prissykins hasn't been sleeping well lately. I don't think her living quarters are quite up to her standards. Do you think you could help?

Sam repaints Percy's pen from bacon to cowhide. This is apparently cute enough to work.

: Much better! Now that's a pen fit for a prizewinner!

Ms. Prissykins wants Elegance and paint; she gets Elegant paint and a couple of nice columns to round things out.

: Thanks, Sam. I think Ms. Prissykins looks sooooo much happier. Don't you?

Apparently not happy enough, though!

: I'm feeding them their usual diet: five hundred pounds of licorice and gumdrops per day! But... Percy loves his candy! You gotta help me!

Aw, a life lesson. Sam starts out by admiring the park. Can't hurt to butter her up a bit first.

Sam tactfully brings up Percy's hilarious size...

... then discusses the negative aspects of sugar...

... then tries to discuss ecotourism, which makes Renee feel Friendly again but doesn't actually advance Sam's agenda, then brings up Percy's diet...

... then tells her to feed her pets veggies instead, forcing Sam to reiterate why five hundred pounds of substandard candy per day might not be the healthiest diet, leading him to offer pet advice...

... which leads to Renee being rational enough to listen to us!

Renee writes this down. Don't... feed... pets... candy. Got it.

A lot of Sims don't actually say anything when they give you your Best Friend Reward. It's like the game designers didn't think sidequests were as important or something. :sigh:

She gives us this shorts outfit and matching hat. That shirt rules. I want one.

Let's go let some cowboys push us around, as long as we're on a roll!

: Um... is it 'Sam'?

: Omigosh! How did you get that one?

: ...

: Lucky guess?

We land! The sheriff's office is right there by the docks, so let's go there first. Hey, Ginny! What's up?

: My Lil' Sheriff's Manual also says that to prevent prison riots and jailbreaks, the best way to keep locked-up bad guys in line is to distract them with fun stuff!

Sounds legit!

: Say, would ya mind adding some fun things to do inside the jail?

You mean, like, hot tubs?

Sam also puts down a regular tub and Ginny hops right in. If someone takes a bath in a regular old not-a-hot-tub bathtub, a Superkelp will sometimes squeeze out of the running faucet. Gross. This is probably the rarest Essence in this game, and thus it's worth a whopping 24 Mana per.

Anyway!

: Whew! That'll make runnin' the jail a lot easier now. Thanks!

And then!

: Well howdy there, Sam! My Lil' Sheriff's Manual says that if there's one thing bad guys can't stand, it's Cute stuff! They're terrified of it! So, if I wanna make those varmints fear the long arm of the law, we gotta add some Cuteness to the outside of my jailhouse!

Also legit.

Flowers, windowboxes, and butterflies. That's pretty cute.

: Yeehaw! Now that jailhouse is so Cute, bad guys'll be running' for the border!

: LET'S RIDE, PARDNER!

:allears:

I'm guessing that we should play Good & Bad Guys. I mean, I guess even bad guys can have tea parties, but try getting that past Ginny.

Bad Guy Sam has shot Sheriff Ginny!

Sheriff Ginny collapses, mortally wounded! But since we're just playing, she bounces to her feet again a moment later.

Good guys probably don't steal stuff. Let's arrest someone. Anyone.

I don't think Ginny is the CSI type. Chase scene!

... yeah, who am I kidding, we're rappeling from the roof now.

Well, pretend rappeling. We're only playing, after all.

Hands up, you varmint!!

Ginny also says nothing when she gives us our present.

The Modern Cowboy look, neckerchiefs and all. ... I like that brown jacket, and the hat we got from Renee keeps it from looking too costume-y.

Let's wear it!

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Aww, Sam's gone all Browncoat :)

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Not going to lie, playing make-believe cowboys and robbers with Ginny was cute.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
Second Time Around: Cowboy Junction, Part 2

Who's next? Gabby's next! Picked by the scientific method of running around until an exclamation point was spotted.

: Gabby's getting tired of walkin' 'cross the same ol' bridge everyday. Gabby wants some purdy stuff to look at on his mornin' commute up in them thar hills.

In other words, Gabby wants us to paint the bridge that we built him earlier.

He's a miner, so he'll appreciate this golden bridge.

: Thanks, whippersnapper. Gabby's apprehension about the future generation's ability to responsibly take over the reins of stewardship of this here kingdom is assuaged.

:allears:

: Gabby used to think this here shack was perfect. Now he knows the errors of his ways. Think you can fancy this ol' miner's home up a bit?

Nothing says Ol' Gabby's minin' and blacksmithin' shack like elegance, right?

Yer drat skippy.

: Thanks, Sam. This will make Gabby's lonely nights in the bone-chilling cold slight more bearable.

... what?

That's right: in order to cheer Gabby up, Sam has to prove that he speaks Gabbese. Since Sam does not actually speak Gabbese and doesn't feel like bringing Ginny in to translate, he'll just have to wing it. Let's try 'slap-dallied'.

Ack! Sorry! Sorry! I meant 'strackbilled'!

... 'durn blarnit'?

Interested! Hooray and consarn it!

:ohdear:

'Frappen-dappen' just enrages him again. Therefore, let us try 'durn blarnit ratzen fratzen'...

'... wompadillo!'

Gabby, don't cry! Um. 'Durn blarnit ratzen fratzen gully-wumper!'?

Digbliggity gosh darn!

Bro hugs for Ol' Gabby.

Oooooooh...

Aww, Gabby got some grunge in my increasingly-less-medieval-fantasy game. Who's next?

Gino's next!

There! Lots of tables and a few canned goods. Also a fridge painted in a nice shade of cola.

: Thanks! It's good to know that my customers can enjoy my world-famous pizza in comfort!

Sure! Now, how about some pizza for me and the crew--

: Ah, Sam, so good of you to drop by! Happy tomatoes are the key to good sauce, but my tomatoes are so sad in their garden! Please, let us decorate their home to perk them up.

Well, it started out like this. 100 Nature is no easy task, though.

AAAAARGH

So, yes, Sam can't just put down Nature-related items until done, because there isn't enough room! He has to either paint existing things a shade of Nature or remove non-Nature-affiliated items to make room. It was super tempting to remove the pipes and the flour mill.

In the end, though, it was handled with paint.

That's right, Gino does not have a Socialize quest! Which is good. Sam is in no mood.

Complete with small potbelly. :allears:

Next time: Roxie and Rusty! Then plot! I swear!

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
Second Time Around: Cowboy Junction, Part 3

No 'hi', no 'hello', just a rah-rah 'get to work, you'.

Such is the life of a Wandolier. Hope she enjoys these cow-painted cabinets.

: Oh Sam, my home is absolutely adorable now!

No rest for the wicked.

: Oh Sam, thanks for stopping by!

But I just... all that... well FINE

See this house?

Now it's all... modern, I guess. With leaves and flowers.

: It's a milk maid's dream come true! Thank you so much, Sam!

At least they usually say thank you eventually. :sigh:

: You know, the other day I noticed my cows were feeling a little blue... I think they need your help, Sam! I think only a Wandolier can cure their problems.

Sheesh, the cows want everything. They get lots of mushrooms in elegant urns and random flower things.

: Oh, I'm sure the cows are very grateful for their new pasture. Why, even Tuffy seems much calmer today!

Honestly, I was wondering that myself.

We need to give the germaphobe a big ol' hug! As is usually safest, we start with a chat.

She probably likes soap. She's always taking baths.

Now, we should celebrate country life!

... too real for you, huh?

Sam tries to explain, which at least calms her down. Let's try looking for the silver lining in country living.

There we go.

Awww.

At least it doesn't have an udder.

Let's fix all of Rusty's issues again, and then we'll be done with this island!

: Be a pal and help me out here; I gotta have more stuff! Quick! She's coming back!

Rusty wants Cute and Fun. For Ginny. Sure. Anyway, that means stuffed animals everywhere.

: Okay, that should be enough to keep her busy. Thanks, Sam. You'e a real lifesaver!

As far as I can tell, your choices are rocket science or tour guide. Or pig herder.

First, let's find out what he likes to do. Besides steal horseshoes.

Okay, fine, if I compliment your drat horseshoe again will you chill out and listen?

Yep! Now for some career advice.

oh God

do it, Rusty, be a zeppelin pilot

Sam flies this pink ball around in circles to demonstrate the fun Rusty could have as a zeppelin pilot.

High-five!

Sam and Rusty clap hands and bro hug, and Rusty's life issues are ironed out! Sam has turned a dirty rotten cowboy rustler into a zeppelin pilot, and thus invented steampunk.

... scraggly?

Oh, thanks, Rusty. I really needed the contents of your trash can.

Next time: to heck with the rest of our friends, on to Trevor Island!

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Wow, now I have to see Rusty in Zepplin Pilot gear. Someone get on that STAT!

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If Sam doesn't end up riding a zeppelin in this game I'll be greatly disappointed.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
Ep. 66: Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Must Die

Tired of this dressing-up stuff. If Trevor Island doesn't like Sam's grunge look, Trevor Island can go kiss a pig.

To Trevor Island!

: What does that even mean???

: Trevor was the name of my clarinet when I was in school!

: Wow! You played the clarinet?

: No.

A long pause follows this Buddy-esque revelation, and during said pause, we arrive!

Ooooh.

Suddenly:

Pause.

Presumably-Trevor bolts off again.

Presumably-Trevor rushes back in.

ZOOM off he goes again.

Siiiigh.

Sure!

Off we go, to meet the residents.

Looks like this island currently has three of them.

It's Gordon!

It's Linda!

It's definitely Trevor!

Sam follows Trevor across the island to this little outdoor stage.

Well, all right, keep your bloomers on, I'll...

oh hey a chest

Mana! And a present!

A Scroll! And it wants Stars!

There are lots of trees on Trevor Island and they are all, fittingly, Star trees.

And there's another chest backstage at Act Two; this one contains Gold, Mana, Platinum, and a figure of someone named Ashley.

Weeding chain: Stars, Sea Turtles, Jade, and Mana.

Treasure finder: Diamonds, Jade, Electrobits, Mana--

--JACKPOT

That's the Gauntlet of Dexterity flying through the air to Sam's right, accompanied by a buttload of Stars, Simoleons, Mana, and:

Another new Scroll! Two rarities in the same dig! Now that's a Jackpot.

But we should probably build the stage set for Act One before Trevor has a conniption. He wants it to look like a forest. A cute forest.

Sam builds some platforms and puts... not-quite-trees all over them.

A little jungle paint and we have a pretty darned neat little stage set, if I do say so myself. Sam's found his calling!

pardon my incoherent noises of rage

These two fine fellows are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern and they are THE WORST.

We are supposed to shepherd these bunnies to the Act One stage, so that they can play their roles. Unlike the friendly bunnies on Cutopia, however, R&G run away from Sam if he gets too close. Woe betide you if one of them goes across the bridge to Trevor's trailer, as the one in this screenshot has done.

There are no fewer than three niches next to the bridge where a bunny can get catastrophically stuck: behind the tree, as above; between the tree and the bridge; and between the bridge and the stage. The bunny has to use the bridge to get back across. If Sam slips even a little, the bunny will not be extractable. The only way to unstick a bunny is to run to the other side of the island; the bunny will calm down and start bouncing around again, and Sam can circle around behind him and try again. And again. Aaaand again.

Guildenstern, having not gone across the bridge, gets driven to the stage with minimal effort. Rosencrantz, though...

SCREW IT, FISHING NOW

---

Next time on MySims Kingdom: Exeunt, pursued by Act One!

---

- Video: Verily, Forsooth
MORE LOX THAN THE SUN, SKULLRICK

Picayune fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Dec 5, 2014

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
I was having issues with my computer last night, so I didn't manage to get the video rendered in time--but everything seems okay now! Video will be rendered and uploaded shortly and then I will add it to the update.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Seems like realistic rabbit behavior: They don't care about you or your opinions. Unless you have treats.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
I knew this part would be awful, those loving rabbits are my bane. The worst part is when you get one across, but cut it off too soon and it runs back over.

AND THIS ISN'T THE ONLY lovely CHASE SECTION

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
Video of the island's opening movie now exists!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Picayune posted:

Video of the island's opening movie now exists!

"Oh, blarny!"

I love simlish and other such faux-languages.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Much cuteness!

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Mehuyael posted:

"Oh, blarny!"

I love simlish and other such faux-languages.

Normally I do too, but in this game I find it actually very distracting.

Kallev
Nov 16, 2014
I vaguely remembered playing this game when I saw the thread title, and after catching up I decided to see if I had time logged on my Wii for it. I had a lot of time logged. I actually dug through my closet as well and found out that I bought it at one point. So I popped the disc in, played along up to this point. Those rabbits are the closest thing I've ever seen to demons, and I want you to know that my thoughts are with you in these trying times of rabbit herding. Loving the LP though, thanks for reconnecting me to this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miniature Moose
Mar 14, 2009
Oh man, the bunny herding section. :argh:

It is my least favorite section of the entire game. Having to repaint rooms, socialize with sims, and rebuild houses? FINE. But I will happy to never go near those bunnies ever again. The last time I played I swear it took about 20 minutes to complete that task.

• Locked thread