Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

MySims, huh?

Yep. The MySims franchise was one of EA's attempts to capitalize on the then-new Nintendo Wii and DS platforms and the babies and casual gamers who owned them. Mostly the babies. What these babies wanted, EA decided, was a squeaky-clean simple-shapes spinoff of The Sims--a concept which rapidly expanded into a series of games covering nearly every non-violent game genre that EA could think of. These games were probably supposed to be shovelware, but, as it turns out, no one told the developers that. As kiddie titles go, the MySims games can be surprisingly good.

MySims Kingdom is the second title in the series, an unholy combination of the original MySims and an old-school fantasy RPG. Imagine an RPG that's all sidequests and no combat, and you're about halfway there. Seriously, we have a silent protagonist and everything. While it's not the strongest MySims game--it feels like a halfway point on the design journey between the games being simplified Sims spinoffs for children and being their own weird things with actual plot--Kingdom has its share of the snappy writing and utter silliness that are a hallmark of the series. Also, if you've ever played a MySims game before (or if you followed my LP of MySims Agents) you'll be seeing a lot of familiar faces here. All the games in the series draw from the same large cast of block-headed mascots, blithely recasting them as necessary.

Kingdom was released in 2008 for both the Wii and the DS, although the two games were significantly different versions of the 'fantasy kingdom' theme. We'll be playing the Wii game, which garnered enough attention at the time to be nominated for some IGN award or something. It was in direct competition with Animal Crossing: Wild World, though, which (rightfully) stomped Kingdom flat. Like most Wii games of the period it suffers from an awkward control scheme--but that's my problem, not yours.

So what will we do in this LP?

We're going to save this broken-down old kingdom from rot and decay, that's what we're going to do! We'll repair old stuff! We'll build new stuff! We'll paint all the stuff! Then we'll decorate that stuff! We'll be fishing and mining and planting and herding and acting and oh my gosh we will do a lot of things. There are a lot of Sims out there and they all need the help of the Royal Wandolier--but, unfortunately for them, they're going to get the Assistant Pig-Boy instead.

We'll also be playing a lot of dress-up. Fantasy dress-up. Nothing wrong with that.

This will be a lightly-narrative screenshot LP with bursts of italics to denote stuff I made up. Updates should drop every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and I'm usually pretty good about letting the thread know if the LP is going on hiatus. There will be stuff to vote on later, too!

:siren: Please keep any spoilers behind spoiler tags. Also, don't be creepy. :siren:

Ep. 1: The Assistant Pig-Boy
Ep. 2: L'enfer, C'est Les Autres
Ep. 3: A Pig-Boy's Tasks Are Never Done
Ep. 4: Sadly, Our Princess Is In THIS Castle
Ep. 5: How To Wand Friends And Influence Mana
Ep. 6: Blah Blah Blah Tutorial Blah
Ep. 7: Hooray, We Win A Lifetime Of Toil In The King's Service
Ep. 8: Wizard Attack
Ep. 9: The Pick-Up Artist
Ep. 10: Up, Up, And Not Away
Ep. 11: Mine, Mine, It's All Mine
Ep. 12: Harboring Fugitives
Ep. 13: Ground Bacon And Bee Pictures
Ep. 14: One Weird Old Pigeon (Discovered By A King)
- Wrap-Up: Capital Island
Ep. 15: Technical Difficulties: Please Bear With Us
Ep. 16: The Matrix Has Them
Ep. 17: Fishing For A Good Fishing Pun To Use In This Title
Ep. 18: Exit, Pursued By A Bear
Ep. 19: The Fabulous Ms. Prissykins
Ep. 20: Some Pig
- Wrap-Up: Renee's Nature Preserve
Ep. 21: Varmint Bacon
Ep. 22: Who Was That Masked Man?
Ep. 23: It Is A Beverly Hills Cop Joke
Ep. 24: Yes, We Have No Tomatoes
Ep. 25: Hyaa!
Ep. 26: Rank Up!
Ep. 27: Burning His Bridges Behind Him
Ep. 28: The Mild West
Ep. 29: Head 'Em Up, Move 'Em On
Ep. 30: I Played With The Law (And The Law Won)
Ep. 31: How To Win Friends And Influence Varmints
Ep. 32: Scrollin' Scrollin' Scrollin'
Ep. 33: Home On The Range
- Wrap-Up: Cowboy Junction
Ep. 34: The 'F' Stands For OH CRAP DUCK
Ep. 35: Rocketry
Ep. 36: OMG Legs
Ep. 37: D.E.S.T.I.N.Y.
Ep. 38: You Spin Me Right Round Baby
Ep. 39: SO GOOD AT SCIENCE!
Ep. 40: I Sing The Body Electric
Ep. 41: Not To Praise Him
Ep. 42: Big Goddamn Hero
Ep. 43: Dine And Dash
Ep. 44: Ground Control To Major Tom
- Wrap-Up: Rocket Reef
Ep. 45: Bait And Switch
Ep. 46: Behind The 8-Ball
Ep. 47: Break It Down: Level Up!
Ep. 48: Candypalooza Power & Light
Ep. 49: Too Crabby To Dance
- Wrap-Up: Candypalooza
Ep. 50: Elves, Schmelves
Ep. 51: Frog Berries
Ep. 52: One Froggy Evening
Ep. 53: All Creatures Great And Small
Ep. 54: We Will Rock You
- Wrap-Up: The Forest Of The Elves
Ep. 55: This Side Of Paradise
Ep. 56: Trouble In Paradise
Ep. 57: Cheeseburger In Paradise
Ep. 58: Paradise Lost
Ep. 59: Paradise Regained
- Wrap-Up: Cutopia
Ep. 60: 2Spoopy4U
Ep. 61: The Biting Of Faces
Ep. 62: It Was A Graveyard Smash
Ep. 63: Horror Of Horrors
Ep. 64: Adhering To Spookane's Zoning Laws
Ep. 65: Morcubusted
- Wrap-Up: Spookane
- Second Time Around: Capital Island, Part 1
- Second Time Around: Capital Island, Part 2
- Second Time Around: Renee's Nature Preserve/Cowboy Junction, Part 1
- Second Time Around: Cowboy Junction, Part 2
- Second Time Around: Cowboy Junction, Part 3
Ep. 66: Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Must Die
Ep. 67: Acting!!
Ep. 68: What, And Leave Show Business?
Ep. 69: Extended Chase Sequence
Ep. 70: Show, Don't Tell
- Wrap-Up: Trevor Island
- Second Time Around: Rocket Reef, Part 1
- Second Time Around: Rocket Reef, Part 2
- Second Time Around: Candypalooza
- Second Time Around: The Forest Of The Elves, Part 1
- Second Time Around: The Forest Of The Elves, Part 2
Ep. 71: She's Got No Class
Ep. 72: Another Kind Of Gritty Realism
Ep. 73: A Game Of Telephone
Ep. 74: Welcome To The Friendzone, Population: Well, Everyone, Really
Ep. 75: Extremely No
Ep. 76: Dorm Life
Ep. 77: Cyrano de Bergerac
Ep. 78: So Cute I May Barf
Ep. 79: So Cute I May Barf (Endless Summer Remix)
- Wrap-Up: The Royal Academy
- Second Time Around: Cutopia, Part 1
- Second Time Around: Cutopia, Part 2
- Second Time Around: Spookane, Part 1
- Second Time Around: Spookane, Part 2
- Second Time Around: Trevor Island
Ep. 80: Nothing Is Wrong Here, Citizen, Please Move Along
Ep. 81: Lyndsay Has Learned Nothing From History
Ep. 82: A Shocking Lack Of Regard For Pretty Much Everything
- Wrap-Up: The Uncharted Isle
- Second Time Around: The Royal Academy, Girls' Side
- Second Time Around: The Royal Academy, Boys' Side
- Second Time Around: The Uncharted Isle
Ep. 83: A Magical Land Of No Responsibility

Picayune fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Feb 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

- Box art, front and back
- Opening Movie (Polsy'd)
- Closing Credits (Polsy'd)

Possessed Halloween Sam, from SystemLogoff! Check out the extra-possessed thumbnail:

Eeek!

ultrafilter points out that Morcubus' frilly cuffs and white gloves make him look like he's flipping the bird with both hands; CapitanGarlic does the necessary with style and panache.

Click here for the full 702x1600 image
Captain Fargle makes a sweet prediction as to how the game will end, and may not be too far off the mark!

Picayune fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Feb 27, 2015

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
Ep. 1: The Assistant Pig-Boy

:siren: The adorable opening movie, Polsy-fied to protect against spoilers!
Oh, hey, that music sounds familiar. Anyway, if you watched that--and you probably should--you've now seen a highlight reel of the whole game and should have a pretty good idea of how things are going to go. I... guess that means you can stop reading now?

Let's get started.

: This kingdom was made up of many different lands...

Some of them more different than others.

: They used their power to protect the kingdom and keep the Sims of the world happy.

I'm not sure how one 'moves away' when Roland's kingdom covers the entire world, but I guess we can't use the word 'died' around impressionable eight-year-olds.

: Who will it be? Where will they come from? And what will they look like?

A good set of questions, which promptly dumps us into Create-A-Sim! After Our Hero has been created:

Can't imagine. Anyway, it's time for our opening pan across Capital Island!

Hey, this is a pretty nice kingdom. Very green. Nice rocks.

The camera pans over to the castle, oooh, which appears to be inhabited by a serene pink-haired princess--

--oooor not.

As the frustrated princess stomps out of the castle, the camera rolls on, coming to rest on... the King's Royal Messenger, gods help us all.

He and his messenger pigeon appear to have similar tastes in red caps.

The Royal Messenger reads the scroll and cheers happily as the camera rolls on once more.

We come at last to a humble pig-herder's hut, and the humble pig-herder herself--with what are presumably a couple of humble pigs--

--and her extremely humble assistant, Sam, the Assistant Pig-Boy.

It should go without saying that his life is hell.

---

Next time on MySims Kingdom: He's a humble pig-boy--of course he has a Great Destiny!

---

- Capital Island
Wanna see that pan in full motion? Here you go!

Lord Windy
Mar 26, 2010
This looks unbelievably cute. I probably would have loved it as a kid.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
Sam's back, y'all! Looking forward to this.

Miniature Moose
Mar 14, 2009
Yay! Sam's back to save everyone! :allears: This game was the first of the series I ever played (and probably my favorite), so I'm glad it's being LPed.

How is the DS version different from the Wii version? The only copy of it I have is on the Wii.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Oh yesss! :neckbeard: This is gonna be great. Glad to see another LP from ya, Picayune.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
Glad to be back! Let's power through some tutorial.

Ep. 2: L'enfer, C'est Les Autres

Last time, we discovered that Sam's life is terrible. Look at that, he can't even afford shoes. Barefoot in pig doings!

And we finally have control! Oh, joy, a tutorial--wait.

Wait.

I can rotate the camera?!

Later games in the series--including Agents--did away with camera control entirely. I had completely forgotten that the early games still had cameras. That's because the original MySims and MySims Kingdom were both made using the Havok engine! That's right: this game is just like Dark Souls.

... anyway! We found Elmira.

Our reward is verbal abuse and another tutorial!

: To get a pig to follow you, just walk up right next to it.

Okay...

Aww, pet the piggie.

And now he's following us!

We get control again, yaaaay. Sam runs around, magnetizes pigs, and leads them to the mud--unfortunately that honking big tutorial box will not go away until we're done.

The present box over Elmira's head indicates that we've completed a quest that she gave us. Usually this means we have a reward waiting! However, this is the tutorial, and that's Elmira, so our reward is more abuse.

: Great. You actually managed to get both pigs.

Elmira chases Sam away from her precious pigs.

Having laid down the law, Elmira leaves. Sam watches her go--

Sam jumps a mile and then wheels around.

It's our old buddy, Buddy!

And some things never change.

: Hiya, Sam!

Buddy waves to the pigs.

: Hiya, pigs!

Sam nods. Silent protagonist!

: Yay! Remember, we promised to go meet Lyndsay! She's probably dreaming up another one of her adventures for us... and you know how she gets when we're late.

This makes Sam giggle, presumably because he does know how Lyndsay gets. But!

YIPES

... did you throw a bird at me

: Hello, peasants. I think we all know that I'M going to be named the new Wandolier.

: You are?!

: Of course, silly, I'm the princess! Daddy will just LET me win!

: I don't know, Sam here would make a GREAT Wandolier! I think he'll win for sure!

: Huh. Guess I'll see you at the castle, then! Toodles!

The evil Princess Butter points and laughs evilly at Sam, then evils off on her evil way.

Pause.

I imagine that being Buddy's friend always requires some patience.

: Don't worry, Sam! I'm sure you'll win!

FWOMP

... welp.

---

Next time on MySims Kingdom: Whoops, Buddy dropped the invitations and now we don't have one. That was a short game!

---

- EA Render: Princess Butter
Okay, she's more 'spoiled rotten' than 'evil', but that sentence was complex enough already.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
Buddy and Sam are back! Yay! :woop:

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
If Sterv can make it into General Smilies, I'm sure we can get that wonderful MySims one in there. :allears:

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
Is that a Chronicles of Prydain reference in the thread title, because those books were 70% my childhood.

This looks promising, though I'm slightly disappointed Sam doesn't seem as talkative as he is in Agents, because Sam's snarkiness in Agents was amazing. Though...I may be mixing that up with your writing. I'm not sure.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Wild Knight posted:

Is that a Chronicles of Prydain reference in the thread title, because those books were 70% my childhood.

This looks promising, though I'm slightly disappointed Sam doesn't seem as talkative as he is in Agents, because Sam's snarkiness in Agents was amazing. Though...I may be mixing that up with your writing. I'm not sure.

Considering the main character is literally an assistant pig-boy, I think the game is what made the reference.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
Until this assistant pig-keeper goes on a long journey to discover himself and becomes king of the land in the process I will not consider this a wholesale reference on the game's part good sir :colber--

...wait, the name of the game is...

...ohhhhh

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
The game pretty much fed me the Prydain and Earthsea references, yeah. I'll have to shoulder the blame for the Sartre.

Miniature Moose posted:

How is the DS version different from the Wii version? The only copy of it I have is on the Wii.

I never actually played the DS version of Kingdom, but a cursory Googling informs me that it's more minigame-based and takes place all on the same island in King Roland's land. Also, there's a villain named Dr. Nefario! That's... terrible!

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
If this game is eve 20% of what Agents turned out to be, it will be one fun ride!

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Another Picayune MySims! YAY! :allears:

Seriously, three days ago I was muttering to myself that I missed MySims Agents and I wished you'd get another of the series on the go. Scout's honour!

TracerK
Jun 25, 2013

Another Picayune MySims LP! Hooray!

Picayune posted:

I'm not sure how one 'moves away' when Roland's kingdom covers the entire world, but I guess we can't use the word 'died' around impressionable eight-year-olds.
I'm more concerned on how Roland's still king if so many of his Wandoliers retired. What, did he give them away to a whole bunch of sexagenarians or something? Does being King automatically grant immortality?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yesssssss, let's get ready for some

I missed Sam so much.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

TracerK posted:

Another Picayune MySims LP! Hooray!

I'm more concerned on how Roland's still king if so many of his Wandoliers retired. What, did he give them away to a whole bunch of sexagenarians or something? Does being King automatically grant immortality?

The wands are secretly powered by the life force of the wandoliers. Brave heros willing to fritter away their vitality, even give their lives, to build bridges without anyone having to learn masonry.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Is that pig the new Wolfah?

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

TracerK posted:

Being a Wandolier is like being a dot-com millionaire. Once you have everything you want, why not retire young?

As for the ones who moved away, clearly they went to the Summer Country.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Oh man, I am so hyped for this. Your LP of Agents was so great.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
These are my Sims. There are many others like them, but these ones are mine.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Hooray, more lighthearted MySims games! I loved the last LP so this is an instant bookmark for me.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
Fingers crossed for more Wolfah related antics and something as great as the Cyrus Mansion arc from Agents.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
This is a really weird thing to pick up on, but I'm making my way through the Agents LP on the Archive and I love that Sam is voiced by Scott Menville. It just seems to fit so well there. Kind of a shame that it's not the case here on account of that "silent protagonist" thing.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President
This looks like its gonna be good.

I'll also say that I wouldn't mind if you threw in some Sam-snark, Picayune, even if it wasn't in the original script. The Sam-snark in Agents was great.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Oh ho ho am I glad I saw this thread.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Nothing is ever going to be the new Wolfah.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Psion posted:

Oh ho ho am I glad I saw this thread.

Nothing is ever going to be the new Wolfah.

Let's all keep in mind that there's a good chance that Woolfah will be the new Woolfah.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Let's all keep in mind that there's a good chance that Woolfah will be the new Woolfah.

Now I'm imagining a sheep Wolfah.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

Angela Christine posted:

The wands are secretly powered by the life force of the wandoliers. Brave heros willing to fritter away their vitality, even give their lives, to build bridges without anyone having to learn masonry.

:allears:

bunnyofdoom posted:

This is a judgment we should probably wait to make, as Kingdom is stuffed chock-full of adorable cubical animals! Most of them do not have Wolfah's star power, I'm afraid.

For the record, Elmira's pigs are named Pigglez and Porkz.

Dragonatrix posted:

This is a really weird thing to pick up on, but I'm making my way through the Agents LP on the Archive and I love that Sam is voiced by Scott Menville. It just seems to fit so well there. Kind of a shame that it's not the case here on account of that "silent protagonist" thing.

Sam does actually have a voice actor, since he babbles in Simlish like any other Sim--and since I tried very hard to reproduce the original Sam as closely as possible, he almost certainly does have Scott Menville's voice again here. Sam doesn't speak in dialogue boxes like the other Sims, though, and in cutscenes he has the silent-protagonist act down pat.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
Ep. 3: A Pig-Boy's Tasks Are Never Done

Having just tripped, fallen, and thrown his pile of royal invitations to the winds, Buddy picks himself back up and dusts himself off.

He then develops a severe case of Not-Actually-Plumbbob. A quest! Well, okay, a 'task'.

The little book in the upper right corner is our task book, which contains all kind of debatably-useful information. It will alert us to new tasks and completed tasks (as you can see). The blue shield next to it has no use just yet.

Anyway, let's talk to Buddy.

: Can you run around and find them all?

By popping open our task book, we can see the gory details of our current chivalric quest. There are eight invitations to find, and we have found zero. The bar on the bottom tells us how far along on a task we are: someone has a job for us; we have talked to them, accepted the job, and presumably started working on it; we have completed the job but not yet turned it in; we have spoken to the person, gotten our reward, and finished the job.

So, anyway, we run over here, and...

Ping!

Right, then. Let's ask Elmira if she's seen any invitations flying around.

I'll just take that as a 'no'.

Getting near the pigs kills them. Uh, I mean, it opens up some actions that Sam can perform. He can pet the pigs, which we've already seen.

Or he can choose to feed them!

Sam feeds the pig and it drops... some... organic matter... which just jumps right into Sam's inventory agh agh ew. The organic thing makes a magical 'plink' sound as it bounces into Sam's pocket. What did he feed that poor critter?

Eh, well, surely that'll never be important. We also nab the invitation which was sitting right there. Maybe Buddy's found a couple?

or maybe he's just been standing here and freaking out and we have to solve all his problems for him because we are the only competent person in the entire world and also we are not bitter at all

Ergh, fine. Yoink. Sam follows the trail of invitations to the castle, and...

Oh dear.

... ARGH GET OFF

Anyway, Princess Butter does eventually step off the invitation. Sam grabs it and goes to find the others, getting and acing a jumping tutorial along the way.

Finally we find the last invitation by the river! The day is saved, Buddy wishes to thank us, etc.

: You really saved me, Sam. That's why you're my best pal!

Just then!

Lyndsay runs over to join us.

: I made up today's adventure itinerary and everything. We were going to explore a hidden tomb!

: But Lyndsay, we don't know where any hidden tombs are.

: Well, yeah, Buddy, that's what makes them hidden.

that's right, live vicariously through me, everyone else does, that's why I'm the protagonist of a videogame

: How'd you hear? I just gave Sam his invitation.

Lyndsay scowls and faces Sam.

: I ran into that spoiled Princess Butter. Don't worry, Sam, we'll show her.

Lyndsay looks back at Buddy.

: When does the contest begin, Buddy?

: Well, let's see, I think it was...

Buddy thinks for a minute, then jumps.

: Right now, pal! We gotta get to the castle!

: Yikes! Buddy!!

---

Next time on MySims Kingdom: We hurry to the castle! For a certain definition of 'hurry'!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Picayune posted:

Next time on MySims Kingdom: We hurry to the castle! For a certain definition of 'hurry'!

So you'll be hanging out with the pigs for how long, then? An hour? Two?

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
Ep. 4: Sadly, Our Princess Is In THIS Castle

Run, Sam! Run to the castle!

No, Sam! Don't stop to pet the pigs! What is wrong with you?

That's better.

We cut to the throne room, where King Roland is preparing to make a speech.

: On this great day, from your humble ranks, a champion shall emerge!!

King Roland pauses to look out over the humble ranks:

Long pause. Princess Butter eventually dusts some imaginary lint from her skirt.

: Umm... is this everybody? Is no one else coming?

: Um, no one important.

: Oh, too bad... I thought we might still have time for cupcakes.

Pause.

: Well, maybe just a quick one!

The king pats his belly, content.

: Now, let us begin!

Suddenly, a shout rings out!

Sam walks up to join the, er, vast ranks of the hopeful.

: Sam, are you here for the trials?

Hands on hips, Sam checks out his competition.

Pfft. Sam looks back at the king and nods, which is a total diss for a silent protagonist. The princess immediately gets all up in Sam's face.

: So, the pig herder came after all! I just assumed you'd give up!

: Well, now we should be ready to begin.

: Whoever wins today's trials will receive the royal scepter and be named the kingdom's new Wandolier.

: Also, whoever comes in second will receive a really nice toaster oven as a consolation prize.

: The court wizard, the Great and Wise Marlon, will accompany you to the training grounds... Marlon, are you there?

Pause.

POOF

ACK

: Greetings and Salutations, dear friends!

Everyone chooses to ignore this.

: Each of you will receive a training scepter. Once we arrive at the training grounds, I shall administer the tasks. Princess, Barney, and Sam... are we ready?

Everyone nods. The princess preens a bit.

: Then follow meeeeeeee...

With a mystical incantation of 'Abakadoobie'--no, really--Marlon waves his hands.

Sparkles of magic flow around the contestants--

POOF

Barney looks around, then sighs heavily. Marlon laughs indulgently and waves his hands again.

POOF AGAIN

Marlon bows and poofs out after the contestants.

Pause.

: So, who wants cupcakes?

Buddy does!

---

Next time on MySims Kingdom: The Assistant Pig-Boy undergoes... the Trial of the Wandoliers! Dun dun dunnnnnnn.

---

- Video: Abakadoobie!
So much sparkly teleporting!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Well, my doubts are erased as to whether this is gonna be as funny as Agents. :allears:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
This LP got me to check out the Agents LP.

Good stuff! Guess I'll catch up on that between Kingdom updates.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm beginning to suspect that all the old wandoliers retired because it's a thankless job that requires you to deal with a lot of strange and irritating people.

Also, Barney is now voiced in my head by Scruffy the janitor.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Having to deal with strange and irritating people seems to be a trend for the Sams.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
This is going fine, certainly the wizard's way of getting around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
You can't be a royal messenger without appreciating the small joys in life. Like cupcakes.

Wonderful to see you and this series together again.

• Locked thread