Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Winkle-Daddy posted:

I'm saying I keep seeing a lady that looks like fractals and idk if I should try to talk to her. or like, how. I don't move or communicate when meditating, I just see stuff, mostly colors and waves but sometimes discrete things, too. I got a sense I should say hello because it's rude to stare.

It's not rude to stare at yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

Hooplah posted:

this'll probably be buried by the nasa conference but that's cool. i just had a very interesting tarot-related experience that i have to share.

i got a r-w deck yesterday to try dipping my toes into this as the reads here have piqued my interest big time. this morning i did a big kindergarten shuffle to really randomize the cards and while doing so i focused on what the cards identified with, or how they would like me to see them. i pulled Justice. cool. getting a major arcana right off the bat, and such a direct-meaning one, felt good. makes sense. next, I did a quick shuffle and asked how the cards saw me. i pulled temperance in reverse. i'm just using the little booklet for interpretation, and all it says for temperance reversed is churches, priesthood, religions, sects, unfortunate combinations, disunion, competing interests. that really didn't mean much to me, and i was wondering how that could fit, but not coming up with much. started wondering if i should be ignoring the reversed meanings for now while i get acquainted. i started another kindergarten shuffle, thinking about that temperance card and what it might mean to me, kinda feeling confused and like it maybe didn't mean as much as the first pull. as i'm gathering the cards up into a deck after shuffling, a random card gets caught on another and pops out, right in front of me. the card was temperance, in reverse, right in the spot i pulled it before. not sideways or crooked or anything, it was literally like i pulled it out on purpose.

sometimes temperance just means temperance! balance, etc. note the angel on the card is pouring water (emotional energy) between two vessels in a very controlled way, kind of like the two of pentacles but with water. Personally I don't have much luck with A.E. Waite's pictorial key, and he's definitely not telling everything he knows anyways since you won't see him mention in there the tetragrammaton on the top of the angel's robes for example. I expect he had a different esoteric exposition for the initiates.

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

There's a new Heathcliff character, for those who celebrate

inchworm
Jun 23, 2023
won't embed but i nailed it stumbling through the heathcliff website for 2 seconds

http://heathcliff.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Heath10.9.16.png

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

inchworm posted:

won't embed but i nailed it stumbling through the heathcliff website for 2 seconds

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

D-Pad posted:

Uh didn't the pilots say that the object was moving into like a 100mph headwind or was that gimbal? Because lol if it was go-fast and NASA just intentionally ignored that data to come to this conclusion.

gofast & gimbal are two videos of the same event, as per Graves and others

in gimbal, he says "they're going against the wind, the wind is 120 knots to the west"

in the NASA report, they say "our calculation has neglected wind effects on the aircraft, and thus there is uncertainty in this result." For them, they mean adjusting the speed of the aircraft, not the UAP, which would affect the parallax calculation

what does it mean???? draw your own conclusions at this point

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

Rickshaw posted:

I'd hesitate to call it a detection, it's based on a single data point in a spectrum, which is a very tough cae to make. But very interesting + suggestive and more integration time could tell us more.

I mean, it's the term the Goddard press release uses, but I was intentional when I noted that it was not one made with high (statistical) confidence. But it is enough to justify getting bumped up in the 'scope queue to take more readings; we'll see what pops or not.

Rickshaw posted:

I dunno i don't think Gary (or anyone) is really obligated to spend all the time doing exhaustive science every time a grave robber comes into the institute with an arts and craft project made of chicken bones or whatever the gently caress

Yeah that was my point too - team mum-ra isn't doing the things that scientists need them to so they don't get to complain that they're not getting whatever attention -qua-scrutiny they think they deserve. And no, for those playing at home, a giant dump of ACTGs in a text file is not enough. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough on that, my posting game is rusty as hell.

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

inchworm posted:

gallagher doesn't know about the skin piss

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

Aitee aitee no one should
piss all over their neighborhood
But aitee just won't be undone
Stickin' probes in everyone

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

captainbananas posted:

I mean, it's the term the Goddard press release uses, but I was intentional when I noted that it was not one made with high (statistical) confidence. But it is enough to justify getting bumped up in the 'scope queue to take more readings; we'll see what pops or not.

Yeah that was my point too - team mum-ra isn't doing the things that scientists need them to so they don't get to complain that they're not getting whatever attention -qua-scrutiny they think they deserve. And no, for those playing at home, a giant dump of ACTGs in a text file is not enough. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough on that, my posting game is rusty as hell.

well welcome back and feel free to practice your posting game skills ITT!

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

I was bummed at the nasa thing but far less bummed at the insane fallout and fighting going on over on reddit.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

:rip: pokemon train red

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

euphronius posted:

The astral plane is great but remember it’s just another set of forms

*forums

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Rickshaw posted:

There's a new Heathcliff character, for those who celebrate

i feel seen, and seasonal. seensonal

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

Bilirubin posted:

well welcome back and feel free to practice your posting game skills ITT!

:cheers:

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
I'm pretty sure the secret T name for the underwater NHIs is Triads or Tryads. But it's difficult to search. If this makes sense to anyone, please point me in the right direction

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Rickshaw posted:

in gimbal, he says "they're going against the wind, the wind is 120 knots to the west"

in the NASA report, they say "our calculation has neglected wind effects on the aircraft, and thus there is uncertainty in this result." For them, they mean adjusting the speed of the aircraft, not the UAP, which would affect the parallax calculation

They were two separate events. From the caption of the video in the original NYT article:

quote:

Videos filmed by Navy pilots show two encounters with flying objects. One was captured by a plane’s camera off the coast of Jacksonville, Fla., on Jan. 20, 2015. That footage, published previously but with little context, shows an object tilting like a spinning top moving against the wind. A pilot refers to a fleet of objects, but no imagery of a fleet was released. The second video was taken a few weeks later.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/26/us/politics/ufo-sightings-navy-pilots.html

It wasn't the same event, but rather I believe it was the same overall training exercise and similar sightings of similar objects, but they were weeks apart.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

makes sense to me

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Isn't there radar from the ship and other multi sensor data? Paralax that science bitches :smug:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

ArmZ posted:

euphronius posted:

The astral plane is great but remember it’s just another set of forms
*forums

reality is dialectical
astral planes are forums
logos is Just Post

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Perry Mason Jar posted:

I'm pretty sure the secret T name for the underwater NHIs is Triads or Tryads. But it's difficult to search. If this makes sense to anyone, please point me in the right direction

Never heard of it (that I remember) but I'll look into it when I have some time.

kraft dinner
Apr 2, 2016

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Turpitude nailed it :) I pre-ordered the first printing because when I came across the preview images it just really spoke to me in a way I've never connected with other tarot card pictures I have seen. Not even the Crow tarot deck by the same artist, which is her flagship piece. I definitely think having the right "tools" is part of success, in mystic or magic endeavors as in many others. When she started sharing about The Raven's Dream my brain went "okay, it's time. That's the one."

it def was the first deck to make me go “yep that’s the one!”

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

kraft dinner posted:

it def was the first deck to make me go “yep that’s the one!”

:lovebird: highly recommend! The woman who made it did fantastic work, it's just beautiful. The fact it's so pretty is much of what emboldened me to share that first reading the other day. "Even if I am bad at tarot. At the very least. people can look at some beautiful bird pictures"

edit: the Raven deck isn't on its second printing yet, but I should link her shop anyway

LITERALLY A BIRD has issued a correction as of 22:51 on Sep 14, 2023

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

Rickshaw posted:

Micked by NASA

Objurium
Aug 8, 2009

Damage control lol

https://twitter.com/NASAScienceAA/status/1702437676295573753?t=7WramU41nAMtyra1HPo9ug&s=19

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

gently caress nasa goobers

Human.Frank
Jun 2, 2022
Here's an article about it
https://dnyuz.com/2023/09/14/nasa-introduces-new-u-f-o-research-director/

quote:

On Thursday evening, the agency identified the director as Mark McInerney in an updated news release. He previously served as NASA’s liaison with the Defense Department for U.A.P. issues. In the news release, NASA said he had also worked in various positions at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center in Maryland, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and the National Hurricane Center.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

nasa was never in a million years gonna say anything about this anyway, theyre way too intertwined with the defense industry + sold the poo poo out of their soul decades and decades ago

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/realannapaulina/status/1702456378466369589?t=3HvanONYN1oKjZUFPjYTGw&s=19

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
here’s an interview with Shane Harris about his background in national security reporting and his career reporting on UFOs for the Post, with a lot of fun petty subtweeting of Grusch and others https://spotify.link/lgtVaxlb6Cb

some here may hate it, but I don't think it's NDT brained, I think it's more like "look, based on my experience breaking secret government intelligence programs, here is what I think is going on"

Petey has issued a correction as of 00:21 on Sep 15, 2023

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

the chuds are also engineering a government shutdown so who knows when another hearing will take place

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007

Petey posted:

here’s an interview with Shane Harris about his background in national security reporting and his career reporting on UFOs for the Post, with a lot of eyebrow-raising petty subtweeting of Grusch and others https://spotify.link/lgtVaxlb6Cb

as much as Shane has sucked on this, I still really recommend his book @War for anyone interested in how the US military started using signals intelligence tools in Iraq and Afghanistan to turn the tide of the insurgencies. very good read. nothing to do with this thread, I just really like the book.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Idk if they really turned the tide in Afghanistan tbh

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007

Slavvy posted:

Idk if they really turned the tide in Afghanistan tbh

Iraq was more effective and most of the book centers around Iraq. the tide of the insurgencies ebbed and flowed in both cases, so when I say "turned" I believe the turn in question was around 2008 or so (fuzzy on exact timetable, but my implication that this forever put the situation firmly under US military control was accidental and i didn't mean to imply it, that'd be a lol)

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

neutral milf hotel posted:

the chuds are also engineering a government shutdown so who knows when another hearing will take place

the chudap caucus should should down the government if the biologics aren't revealed

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

The mummies were an OP to discredit the recent push

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Alternatively: they're real as hell

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

schrödinger's xeno