Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Yes! I've been waiting for this LP! Maybe now I can find out how to play this game properly. I've actually managed to beat the game but i'm already learning new things. I never knew how to recruit enemies before watching this, even though I would accidentally do so all the time. :)

This was the first Platinum game i'd ever played and was also pretty much the first game of its genre that I played. But it managed to hook me instantly and it is probably one of my favourite games of all time. I can't wait to see how the thread reacts to the rest of the stuff in this game. It only get crazier from here. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Dol posted:

Anyone else having an issue with video 2-2? I downloaded it and the video seems to be skipping the last minute or so.

Yup, got the same issue as well as I thought the downloaded video ended a bit to sudden.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Mehuyael posted:

Unfortunately the screen is too small I think.

Sit closer?

My last TV was a 21" CRT, since then I've always had my consoles hooked up to my PC monitor (first 24", now 27"). It works perfectly, even with stuff like a PS2 through a composite/S-video to VGA box.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

KozmoNaut posted:

Sit closer?

My last TV was a 21" CRT, since then I've always had my consoles hooked up to my PC monitor (first 24", now 27"). It works perfectly, even with stuff like a PS2 through a composite/S-video to VGA box.

The question is does the Wii U use something like the Wii remote, because if it does (I thought it does anyway) then I can't sit close to the screen and use it at the same time.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Mehuyael posted:

The question is does the Wii U use something like the Wii remote, because if it does (I thought it does anyway) then I can't sit close to the screen and use it at the same time.

There is no IR pointer on the gamepad, if that's what you're asking. Kinda redundant to have to point at a screen with the thing when it has a perfectly usable screen that you can point a stylus or finger on.

Raizor
Apr 23, 2012

DIGITAL

Mehuyael posted:

The Wii U is compatible with Wii Remotes for some games, but I don't think it's required for any Wii U games aside from maybe a few multiplayer ones. The standard gamepad can perform some motion-based controls, but no aiming is involved, so how close you are doesn't matter.

Damone
May 3, 2009
Yesss... I have been waiting so long for this LP.

Aaand I have to charge my gamepad to pick up the million and a half things I've missed in the first freaking level alone. :negative:

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Oh man, this is going to be amazing.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

ChaosArgate posted:

There is no IR pointer on the gamepad, if that's what you're asking. Kinda redundant to have to point at a screen with the thing when it has a perfectly usable screen that you can point a stylus or finger on.

Raizor posted:

The Wii U is compatible with Wii Remotes for some games, but I don't think it's required for any Wii U games aside from maybe a few multiplayer ones. The standard gamepad can perform some motion-based controls, but no aiming is involved, so how close you are doesn't matter.

Awesome! Then for the first time in years I've got a non-PC game on my wishlist!

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Wonder-Blue and Wonder-Red don't have funny things on their heads.

Voted 0.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Wonder Blue guy also voiced both Ezio Auditore and Batman in Arkham Origins.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

I kept skipping this game for other stuff, and the fact that my wii-u was monopolized by kids playing Skylanders and Mario 3d World, but I think I'm going to have to call Official Dad Time™ and take over the console for a week or so.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
The guy Ironicus thought was Edwyn Tiong at the beginning of the second video, is actually Gideon Emery better know as Balthier in Final Fantasy XII.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
EDIT: Why Forums? Why are you double posting when I hit the button once?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

mateo360 posted:

The guy Ironicus thought was Edwyn Tiong at the beginning of the second video, is actually Gideon Emery better know as Balthier in Final Fantasy XII.

He's also Gaius from Fire Emblem Awakening.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
By the way, that whole thing with Wonder Red's transformation? Where they mention it only takes three billionths of a second to transform?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwaNybejLpg

Its a reference to the tokusatsu series Space Sheriff Gavan. (skip to 1:10)

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

GilliamYaeger posted:

By the way, that whole thing with Wonder Red's transformation? Where they mention it only takes three billionths of a second to transform?

Its a reference to the tokusatsu series Space Sheriff Gavan. (skip to 1:10)

Well if you want to go there...

the Wonder [color] heroes are a reference to the tokusatsu Super Sentai/Power Ranger (I really hope that one was obvious)

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Shabadu posted:

I kept skipping this game for other stuff, and the fact that my wii-u was monopolized by kids playing Skylanders and Mario 3d World, but I think I'm going to have to call Official Dad Time™ and take over the console for a week or so.

There IS multiplayer mode you know :buddy:

Unrelated side stuff that up to 4 players can take part in, haven't got to mess around with it myself but worth mentioning I guess :shobon:

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

This game is really, really good. Words will not express how much I adore this game.

Chip referenced how this game is the culmination of Kamiya's previous games, and this is even evident immediately, as we have a fist that is on fire,

and a sword absorbs lightning.

Somebody mentioned this in The Wonderful 101 thread in games back when the demo came out, that waking up the knocked out Wonderful Ones resembles collecting the rings you dropped in Sonic the Hedgehog, and it really is an apt comparison. Everything in the game feels real good.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Unrelated side stuff that up to 4 players can take part in, haven't got to mess around with it myself but worth mentioning I guess :shobon:

Five players, actually.

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

Fancy a grown man saying hujus hujus hujus as if he were proud of it it is not english and do not make SENSE.
This game is awesome and I love the fan art.
Any chance of you guys doing a Viewtiful Joe LP after this? I loved that game but could never manage to beat it. (Ditto the sequel.)

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Nintendo Co-op (and co-op in general) with your own pre-teen children is literally the worst thing I can conceive. I get so mad playing Mario Kart or 3d world with my kids that I have to schedule specific time where they are 100% not allowed in the same ROOM as me for this type of stuff or else I just don't play it. Bayonetta took me months to get through because I only played it after the kids went to bed.

Dad gaming is hard.

BoredumIncarnate
Apr 24, 2008

Cooked Auto posted:

Yup, got the same issue as well as I thought the downloaded video ended a bit to sudden.

Me three, hopefully a fix can be done so I can see this game in its shiny glory!

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Episode 2 both the first and second part ends abruptly on the downloads, the Youtube version is fine.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Sic Parvis Magna and all that
Not entirely sure why 2-1 and 2-2 are ending abruptly, I just double-checked the source files I used and they seem to play fine. I'll upload them again and see if that'll fix it.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Happy to see this LP, as I enjoyed Wonderful 101 when I picked it up and been waiting on the LP for it since the demo video. Also people in the thread who don't have a WiiU yet and want this game, this is a really good time to get the system due to the Mario Kart 8 Bonus Game deal. Combine that with this deal from Target going on this week and you can easily get a bunch of games for the system. I dunno if Wonderful 101 is still in stock at Target, but if it isn't then you can probably get it under $20 now.

Erd
Jun 6, 2011

EzEight posted:

Episode 2 both the first and second part ends abruptly on the downloads, the Youtube version is fine.

My Download of episode 2-1 works fine, so maybe your download cut out before completion, corrupting the file? 2-2 is corrupted like others have said from 22:39 onwards.

It's worth watching downloaded too, I tuned into youtube to complete the video and even at 720p the quality has taken a big hit.

Nostalgic Pushead
Jul 31, 2013

4 videos and a bunch of art from that start? drat Chip it's almost like you're a pro at this or something.

Also, I really love what HelloWinter did with those backstory drawings.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Seshoho Cian posted:

Chip referenced how this game is the culmination of Kamiya's previous games.

In a similar vein, Amaterasu from Okami's reflector is basically her physical attack and it's covered in flame. She gains access to a lightning elemental sword later on in the game too.

a spooky ghost
Jan 1, 2010

stay the same never change
Between this, E3, and dex's Super Mario 3D World, Wii U sales are about to skyrocket.

Frog and Toad
Jul 31, 2008

This game owns, holy poo poo. I want all of their hats.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
I enjoy watching people play games that I would be terrible at who break them over their knees.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Okay just hit the video ending issue from the source too, but only on 2-2 around 22 minutes in. Didn't have any issues with 2-1 through.

JamJars
Aug 2, 2004

you cannot beat me
This game was definitely my favorite game of 2013. Its a drat shame this game sold so poorly but I at least Kamiya got to make his "dream" game. I'm looking forward to this LP especially the adorable doodles of the Wonderful Ones.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
I like the little background details about the 100. Those bios make it sound like the evil alien invaders like to just hang around and have a good time when they're off the clock.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

mateo360 posted:

Yeah he's even got the usual Balthier inflections.
Man it's impossible to ignore now.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
Uncharted is cool and all but this is what I've been waiting for.

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.

Revenant Threshold posted:

I enjoy watching people play games that I would be terrible at who break them over their knees.

This, exactly. I'm horrible at fast-paced action games, but I love seeing them played well.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

These are pretty played out but this one Space Jam mashup with the Wonderful 101 track from the last video is much, much better than it has any right to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjR7JZbdONs

edit: just noticed in related vids to this are big plot spoilers as warned in the OP

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jun 22, 2014

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

You are a wonderful LP machine, Chip! This one's gonna be fun. Also, kudos to Hello Winter. The title art is pretty great. :allears:

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jun 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Sic Parvis Magna and all that
So I re-encoded episode 2-2 and then reuploaded it and it's playing all the way through for me, so go ahead and try it now. If there are no problems with it then I'll go ahead and update the download link on our website as well.

• Locked thread