Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Its one of those things where even if they cut the timer in half it would still be BS. There are plenty of way to get people to spend gems, ffs, you can spend gems to finish the daily fluff quests, making people wait upwards of an hour for quest rewards is peak skinner box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
That's like the same business model of that failed Power Rangers mobile fighting game?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I dabbled in Blades a bit yesterday and it's like F76 in that its weirdly depressing to see a decades-old open-world RPG series with an enormous amount of lore and care previously poured into it reduced to the most bare-bones cash-grab.

But it did remind me that Argonians are cool and made me wanna go play Skyrim again so it was kind of successful? :shrug:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Wolfsheim posted:

I dabbled in Blades a bit yesterday and it's like F76 in that its weirdly depressing to see a decades-old open-world RPG series with an enormous amount of lore and care previously poured into it reduced to the most bare-bones cash-grab.
Imagine how I feel about Phantasy Star.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

Imagine how I feel about Phantasy Star.

PSO owns.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I also couldn't get into ESO because the illusion of being a stranger exploring a strange land is kinda ruined when you see dudes in daedric armor bunnyhopping everywhere. Is Bethesda...dead to me?

I almost wonder if Skyrim was so successful that their shareholders demanded 'consistent recurring revenue streams' or something. Like, I know horse armor was a thing but the weird nickel and dime bullshit didn't really start until Fallout 4, with paid mods and $6 DLC that just adds more lamps and such. I'm almost hoping they get such an enormous backlash a la Star Wars Battlefronts that they reverse course but maybe there's enough whales around that it balances out :sigh:

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Wolfsheim posted:

I'm almost hoping they get such an enormous backlash a la Star Wars Battlefronts that they reverse course but maybe there's enough whales around that it balances out :sigh:
I thought F76 was that moment of shame, mostly because sales were poor compared to their previous games.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I was willing to stick with blades just to see how far the rabbit hole went but then I accidentally double tapped the open chest button and it blew all my gems without asking for confirmation. Game is insanely preditory and leaves a real bad taste in my mouth.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I guess I lucked out that Bethesda forgot I signed up for the alpha and didn't give me it

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

I was planning on getting the VR port of Blades, but I don't think I'll enjoy it more than Blade & Sorcery

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
Morrowind is the best Elder Scrolls game you’re ever going to get.

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Bethesda Presents
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind HD GotC VR for Nintendo Switch

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Jeff Goldblum posted:

Bethesda Presents

that would actually be insanely good

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Jeff Goldblum posted:

Bethesda Presents

Day-loving-one, my friend.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
We’re all familiar with Bethesda’s business plan of just continually reselling Skyrim on new consoles. Now we just need them to rerelease Morrowind on everything.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm imagining the whiplash from twisting your neck around looking for a cliff racer in vr

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
I just found out that Muatra apparently appears in ESO. On his back. As a mundane spear.

Another reason to be disappointed in ESO.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Dwesa posted:

I just found out that Muatra apparently appears in ESO. On his back. As a mundane spear.

Another reason to be disappointed in ESO.

lol jesus christ

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

https://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/asset/vivecs-muatra

:colbert: even unpaid volunteers can do better

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I bet AlienSlof made the only real lore-friendly Muatra mod.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

:discourse:

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
Should've been Vivec, 7/10.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

What's that from?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Morrowind

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

That means you completed the mantling of Vivec, right?

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

John F Bennett posted:

What's that from?

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/you-cheated-not-only-the-game-but-yourself

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Thank you

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I've been playing Skyrim VR lately and is it just me or does Destruction level up way too slow?

this is not a thinly disguised bump

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

FBS posted:

I've been playing Skyrim VR lately and is it just me or does Destruction level up way too slow?

this is not a thinly disguised bump

Are you trying to be efficient by plinking everything to death with the basic firebolt? You gotta start using the higher level spells if you want to level at a decent clip. The Rune spells can be cast under people's feet and are good for leveling.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I've found they tend to fail when I go under a person with them, and I def don't get the magic back, but you totally need at least one to get the ball rolling with skill ups

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

7c Nickel posted:

Are you trying to be efficient by plinking everything to death with the basic firebolt? You gotta start using the higher level spells if you want to level at a decent clip. The Rune spells can be cast under people's feet and are good for leveling.

... son of a loving bitch.

Wellwinds
Mar 20, 2010
Destruction gains more experience the higher the base cost of the spell used so if you want to go up quick, lightning rune's the fastest way

also works for restoration with poison rune

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Destruction damage doesn't scale with level so it kinda sucks without mods

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

VostokProgram posted:

Destruction damage doesn't scale with level so it kinda sucks without mods

Eh, I beat every major questline on the 360 with destruction magic. The damage doesn't scale great for the dumb bullet sponge enemies, but you can stunlock them until they die.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
The only way to make Destruction work is to use lots of Fortify Destruction equipment to make the high-level spells cheap. You can't become an overpowered demigod, but I did pretty good.

If you want to become a truly overpowered mage, go Illusion.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Overpowered and fun! You can be really creative with Illusion. Just spamming firebolts gets boring real quick.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Though really, when I played a mage, I spec'd both. So I got everybody fighting each other, then contributed a few Incinerates on the side.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Lycus posted:

The only way to make Destruction work is to use lots of Fortify Destruction equipment to make the high-level spells cheap. You can't become an overpowered demigod, but I did pretty good.

If you want to become a truly overpowered mage, go Illusion.

You can use Alchemy to make potions that buff Destruction damage, either a reasonable amount or go full abuse and add +385000% to your Destruction damage.

It's real disappointing when you enchant your armor to make your spells cost zero mana, charge up your Master-level Destruction spell, and then just sit there for forty seconds while your spell slowly kills the random bandit in front of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Yeah, I realized that Destruction becomes really tedious at like level 60, so I just used it to clear spiders out of caves until I hit 100 and Legendary'd it.

I'm confused about the new Elder Scrolls. Are we getting the cat sugar fondue place, or the Britain France place?