Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

change my name posted:

Am I crazy or does Travis try to muscle his way into being the main character of every Adventure Zone arc

well someone has to, and Justin is a fully passive force in roleplaying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Travis thinks he's main character and attracts all of Griffins negative attention meanwhile Clint is off doing the weirdest, most inexplicable, poorly thought out and yet coolest poo poo

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

change my name posted:

Am I crazy or does Travis try to muscle his way into being the main character of every Adventure Zone arc

Next you're gonna tell me he turns his mic up during the live shows.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

grittyreboot posted:

Next you're gonna tell me he turns his mic up during the live shows.

wait, really? that owns. thank travis for travis

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Let's be fair Travis repeatedly trying to pull the sword out this week was a good bit. Especially what he did with it at the end of the episode

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I would like it if fishman could be there, he and his wife would make for good rulers of England

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

am I crazy or does every one in the SNL guest game sound the same. everyone is just liie

"ladies and gentlemen... BAND NAME!"

But they always guess it'll be something more elaborate and it never is

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
It's an extremely bad and boring bit. It did make me laugh when Travis hyped up the first one as one of the best things he's ever seen, and it was such a wet fart that whichever brother he showed it to had already forgotten about it. I also love how you can tell when Griffin hates something and wants to move on whenever he describes it as "kickass"

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The twitter account that hosted them all had the half dozen or so with weird or noticeable reactions gone through right away, so after that you might get someone a little unenthused or a mispronunciation but something hard to make a game out of.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

The best one remains Patrick Stewart introducing Salt-n-Pepa, and John Mulaney used it up in a standup bit years ago anyway. Second best is Daniel Craig introducing The Weeknd, and social media has used that one up by having people post it literally every friday. There is no other meat on those bones.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
There's always the Adrien Brody one.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Travis should be forced to reenact the Adrien Brody one and post it on social media

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Wasn't familiar with that one and oh boy

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
In the live show this week the trio get truly, horribly unhinged

Lmao

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Fil5000 posted:

The best one remains Patrick Stewart introducing Salt-n-Pepa, and John Mulaney used it up in a standup bit years ago anyway. Second best is Daniel Craig introducing The Weeknd, and social media has used that one up by having people post it literally every friday. There is no other meat on those bones.

Leaving out Christopher Walken introducing the Foo FIGHTAS in his unique way, but yes that's it. Please end this stolen bit.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Fil5000 posted:

Those are the only two great ones, and everyone already knew about them when travis started doing this bit. It's like having your boomer parent excitedly tell you about a hilarious new internet thing they just discovered and think is new but that everyone ran into the ground 5 years ago. Yes, Travis, I have also seen the craigweekend twitter account.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
What if... Travis is doing anti-humor.

My God. That explains... everything.

He's too dangerous. He must be stopped.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Are they still doing munch squad?

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Look in your heart. You know what the answer is.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Entropic posted:

It's like having your boomer parent excitedly tell you about a hilarious new internet thing they just discovered and think is new but that everyone ran into the ground 5 years ago. Yes, Travis, I have also seen the craigweekend twitter account.

Travis reading Strong Bad emails and making Justin and Griffin tell him the name of the episode. Let's go.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
If Justin and Griffin had to do an impression of the celebrity instead of “guess the vibe,” it would save the bit. Maybe not save, but make it a little more bearable

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Professor Wayne posted:

If Justin and Griffin had to do an impression of the celebrity instead of “guess the vibe,” it would save the bit. Maybe not save, but make it a little more bearable

They usually do

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

What if... Travis is doing anti-humor.

My God. That explains... everything.

He's too dangerous. He must be stopped.

I mean I wish he was but I'm always reminded of this bit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1seFd4rRtKY

"It's not even observational humour, Travis, it's just observation"

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
What if he brought back play along at home

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

he should because travis making griffin upset is really funny

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Shinjobi posted:

In the live show this week the trio get truly, horribly unhinged

Lmao

Jesus Christ, do they ever.

That was a word I never thought I’d hear out loud.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
just finally started Dracula.

enjoying this new classic yet Castlevaniaed theme song.

e: there is too much incidental piano music tho

Empty Sandwich fucked around with this message at 21:49 on May 27, 2024

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

It's so relatable the Juice had a cool run in with nature and nobody cares.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

Empty Sandwich posted:

just finally started Dracula.

enjoying this new classic yet Castlevaniaed theme song.

e: there is too much incidental piano music tho

Yeah, that was my only problem with the early episodes. The piano is fired from the cast eventually.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
The boys have once again managed to schedule a live show in Florida in the peak of Hurricane season.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Pennsylvanian posted:

Yeah, that was my only problem with the early episodes. The piano is fired from the cast eventually.

good. it's like they're constantly in Wolfman's saloon (to be fair I think they're going there this episode)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm yeah I think I don't like this episode of TAZ

Edit: mayhaps I spoke too soon. Thanks, Clint.

Shinjobi fucked around with this message at 15:38 on May 30, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scopes
Jun 5, 2004

Pennsylvanian posted:

Thank Christ, the first two episodes were almost unlistenable