Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Remember that bomb detector that got sold to the US military to find IEDs in Iraq & Afghanistan & they were just dowsing rods in the form of some antennas with an led attached

It brought our troops home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Impermanent posted:

just found this thread but it feels like a warm bath after years of trying and struggling to live in the austere lands of pure monochromatic materialism. while i respect the academic endeavor of reducing all problems to the intersection of power and resources for the explanatory power it brings, particularly at sociological levels, it always felt decisively lacking in ability to express any truth other than those laws of power. Particularly, the ways that young people freshly apprehending the ideology tend to use it in overapplied ways that do more to continually alienate themselves than build any solidarity.

I can't shake woo poo poo from my brain and my family has a long connection to that kind of stuff, tarot, astrology, all that nonsense. it's popular in the philippines and i can speak its language as clearly as any other, but segregated myself from it. it's nice hearing people talk about it without the associated judgements

At some point being a tedious rear end in a top hat about this stuff became a majoritarian position, and while i am not one to be contrarian just because; I generally struggle to trust situations where its easy to be derrisive. Like positions that confer the appearance of intelligence, that require next to none to uphold? Stuff that becomes axiomatic like "this stuff is supersition and therefore stupid"

I really distrust it when the popular take os one of thought terminating aversion, and with almost all woo subjects, it's there. Now that I've pushed past and discovered how fascinating some of these things are under the hood, i can't help but find contempt for the types of person who would dissuade me from it's study you know? If you're out there projecting thought terminating disinterest in a subject, but utterly unable to even comprehend the thing as it actually exists, you suck, right?

So be interested, be open, be shameless imo lol

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

This just appeard in my suggestions so I watched it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i73KmJbV4do

I like this guy's take, it's an approach I think I could adopt when it comes to considering this topic. I also liked his proposed explanation for why some people are credulous of every little thing and don't need to even see the evidence, while others are very close-minded and won't even seriously entertain a discussion on the topic.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Cactus posted:

This just appeard in my suggestions so I watched it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i73KmJbV4do

I like this guy's take, it's an approach I think I could adopt when it comes to considering this topic. I also liked his proposed explanation for why some people are credulous of every little thing and don't need to even see the evidence, while others are very close-minded and won't even seriously entertain a discussion on the topic.

most of his videos are pretty good imo if you like space stuff

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Yes I've subbed and am going through some of his back catalogue.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

neutral milf hotel posted:

dunno about the lotto but you might have some luck dowsing at chicken poo poo bingo

in case folks here didn't know chicken poo poo bingo is a real thing

https://thelittlelonghornsaloon.com/chicken-sh-t-bingo-bar

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

For those that still celebrate, Ross says on That UFO Podcast that the facility built over the giant ufo is used for a "laudatory purpose" that benefits the US, UK, and aus (I assume that's shorthand for all 5 eyes) and (paraphrasing) Lue said sombering because both the Gov (and or contractors?) and birds have deliberately killed people. Both intelligence committees have seen the proof and spoken to first hand witnesses, he's seen proof that the ICIG is still investigating and interviewing witness as of "the last few months" and he's surprised nothing has leaked from congress yet. If the proposed legislation doesn't pass disclosure is probably back in the box. Also the mummies are real*.

*I made this part up but they're still real.

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

I thought the most interesting parts of the recent Ross interview were him saying the many witnesses have already testified to various congressional oversight committees, that he'd talked to at least one (maybe he said two?) people on the order of general / admiral, and that somebody somewhere was working on an "interview" possibly with an admiral or general. Mostly stuff he mentioned in the first 20 minutes of the podcast. The impression is that the disclosure process is much more advanced in congress than it is in public, with the implication that the public is lagging by a few years, which actually lines up with how the story has developed since the start of this thread.

What bothers me about his stuff is I dont really trust him to evaluate what is credible. You hear broad descriptions of high level intelligence officials & etc and that sounds impressive, but then later he makes it explicit that at least one of the people he's talking about is Jim Semivan, and I've always bunched Jim Semivan with the rest of the "retired CIA officers" like John Ramirez who just seem to say the craziest goddamn poo poo all the time. So we need to know who these people are and what they are saying before we can properly evaluate.

inchworm
Jun 23, 2023
i need my fix again

even if there isn't disclosure tho this thread rules and is fun

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

did anyone link that youtube channel thats just psyops targetting podcast libs because they did a bird video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOiGEI9pQBs

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Rickshaw posted:

I thought the most interesting parts of the recent Ross interview were him saying the many witnesses have already testified to various congressional oversight committees, that he'd talked to at least one (maybe he said two?) people on the order of general / admiral, and that somebody somewhere was working on an "interview" possibly with an admiral or general. Mostly stuff he mentioned in the first 20 minutes of the podcast. The impression is that the disclosure process is much more advanced in congress than it is in public, with the implication that the public is lagging by a few years, which actually lines up with how the story has developed since the start of this thread.

What bothers me about his stuff is I dont really trust him to evaluate what is credible. You hear broad descriptions of high level intelligence officials & etc and that sounds impressive, but then later he makes it explicit that at least one of the people he's talking about is Jim Semivan, and I've always bunched Jim Semivan with the rest of the "retired CIA officers" like John Ramirez who just seem to say the craziest goddamn poo poo all the time. So we need to know who these people are and what they are saying before we can properly evaluate.

Yeah I only caught the first 20 minutes in the car but I pretty much agree with this. At one point it popped into my head while listening to it that this is the guy who lead a tour group in Egypt to try and contact Anubis or something.

Oh the tour isn't til December. Goon project?

sharknado slashfic has issued a correction as of 01:20 on Oct 11, 2023

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

sharknado slashfic posted:

Yeah I only caught the first 20 minutes in the car but I pretty much agree with this. At one point it popped into my head while listening to it that this is the guy who lead a tour group in Egypt to try and contact Anubis or something.

Fucken idiot, he should know that Anubis is half ascended and wants to destroy all life in the galaxy, he would be trying to contact Baal instead to convince him to double cross his boss to play the goa'uld against one another so none of them can consolidate a power base

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i prefer my friendly goauld to grow progressively more senile as the campaign progresses

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Lol the tour group is named SabaTours

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

blatman posted:

i prefer my friendly goauld to grow progressively more senile as the campaign progresses

Pfff, of course yu would.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

blatman posted:

did anyone link that youtube channel thats just psyops targetting podcast libs because they did a bird video

Link that poo poo

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

The Demilich posted:

Link that poo poo

i did what even is going on

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

sorry my eyes cant process bold letters i'll link things once i get back from wherever it is i go

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

blatman posted:

it's def gotta be real they're prepping the dweebs

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I can't blame anyone for getting in on some ancient-aliens-style grift. I would be all over that.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I can't blame anyone for getting in on some ancient-aliens-style grift. I would be all over that.

hell yeah
Why Files dude is making a killing off that racket

but also where did that channel spring up from because it seems awfully convenient

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Rickshaw posted:

Yeah so Grusch testified to both the ICIG and senate intelligence committee over a year before he went public. Additionally, you have to take into consideration how long it takes for the type of legislation we've seen to be crafted so it is definitely true that Congress is a year or two ahead of what we know to be public for us to be seeing the legislation we have been seeing. It's why I don't immediately dismiss it when Ross and Co are saying things like having sources that people are being interviewed and/or going through the whistleblower process etc and that we will hear soon. The wheels turn slowly and Ross is well placed to know at least part of what is going on behind closed doors about 6 months or so ahead of what we know. He was hinting at things that far ahead that later turned out to be Grusch. He's kind of a canary in the coal mine. That doesn't however mean we should believe everything he claims uncritically. I get the sense he's gone far enough down the rabbit hole he is less skeptical than he should be but out of all the personalities involved he is one of the better ones even if I don't buy into his stuff 100%

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Like I fully believe others have testified to the Senate. No way in hell Schumer would have stuck his neck out the way he has with that latest bill unless he had people corroborating Grusch and felt extremely confident there was truth there. It's honestly probably the thing that makes me believe Grusch the most.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

graham did the work you can respect that

even tho it’s uh … questionable

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I don't know what to think of people like Jim Semivan. To the Stars Academy is bizarre, but it also drew people like Lue Elizondo and Chris Mellon.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

hell yeah
Why Files dude is making a killing off that racket

but also where did that channel spring up from because it seems awfully convenient

the host, his brother, and the fish are all spooks. hth

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Delta-Wye posted:

the host, his brother, and the fish are all spooks. hth

to what end though

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

lol the host of That UFO Podcast, mute your damned mic when you start banging on your mechanical keyboard to the chat thread while your guest is talking

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That defeats the purpose of such a keyboard

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

30-50 feral whistleblowers

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

who here has not had a raid leader with a keyboard as loud as an airport

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The harder you hit the buttons the more dps you do, that's science.

quote:

According to Halleaux, the Army is also interested in the results of a collaboration between To the Stars and TruClear Global, a company that creates custom video screen billboards, aimed at providing "advanced technology solutions to United States Government clientele."[14]

:birdthunk:

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I don't know what to think of people like Jim Semivan. To the Stars Academy is bizarre, but it also drew people like Lue Elizondo and Chris Mellon.

Tom's movie is out and I'm sure it's terrible but might have to watch it if it's free to watch

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

what kind of nerd doesnt main whatever has the highest apm while using a mechanical keyboard and taking massive bong rips while ur mic is open

hold on the boss is dead and we're doing loot, time to eat fistfuls of corn nuts

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

sharknado slashfic posted:

Oh the tour isn't til December. Goon project?

Um yes I am team "contact Anubis"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

did you all know about https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorothy_Eady

she was a reincarnated Egyptian who was born in England.

!amicable
Jan 20, 2007

blatman posted:

what kind of nerd doesnt main whatever has the highest apm while using a mechanical keyboard and taking massive bong rips while ur mic is open

hold on the boss is dead and we're doing loot, time to eat fistfuls of corn nuts

in my old age, i must play a tank because i lack the dexterity to reload the bong while doing a complex dps rotation

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I loved mmos so much. it’s sad they take so much time

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

blatman posted:

*BARKBARKBARKBARK*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

D-Pad posted:

Yeah so Grusch testified to both the ICIG and senate intelligence committee over a year before he went public. Additionally, you have to take into consideration how long it takes for the type of legislation we've seen to be crafted so it is definitely true that Congress is a year or two ahead of what we know to be public for us to be seeing the legislation we have been seeing. It's why I don't immediately dismiss it when Ross and Co are saying things like having sources that people are being interviewed and/or going through the whistleblower process etc and that we will hear soon. The wheels turn slowly and Ross is well placed to know at least part of what is going on behind closed doors about 6 months or so ahead of what we know. He was hinting at things that far ahead that later turned out to be Grusch. He's kind of a canary in the coal mine. That doesn't however mean we should believe everything he claims uncritically. I get the sense he's gone far enough down the rabbit hole he is less skeptical than he should be but out of all the personalities involved he is one of the better ones even if I don't buy into his stuff 100%

yeah the highly targeted language of all the bills so far is the biggest indication that there's a lot more going on behind the scenes than is generally acknowledged. In the past I attributed this all to Chris Mellon but surely there's more to it.

In fact yesterday I was thinking back to that Obama video/interview where he refers to UAPs being unidentified and "not having an easily identifiable pattern" or something like that. The way he phrased it made it clear he was putting the general UAP business into his own words, and I'm sure he wasn't just getting that from listening to podcasts with Lue. Hence he was briefed at some point, presumably about the "observables", hence someone with the president's ear takes the subject seriously. And this was several years ago.