Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

P-Mack posted:

: Beat the game (See one ending)

: See three different endings

: Complete a full route on Hard

: Complete all 52 missions and see all endings (PLATINUM)

Sick game. Did D and E on Hard, rest Normal. I really like how the lore is scattered around all the different routes before you get the full picture on what the hell happened, and weirdly enough some crucial foreshadowing is in the missions you get for failing objectives.

I didn't like ending E much cause it just felt like a Bad End, and you don't spend enough time with Cynthia for it to really land. I loved the twists for the final mission of A and B, while D was more of an emotionally satisfying conventional conclusion to the story. C is just stumbling around blind to the plot which I kind of love in the context of the rest of it.

Hardest part of the plat was finishing 47 on Hard, and finishing 48 fast enough to get the optional mission.

drat gj!

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

bees x1000 posted:

thinking about picking a game I've never played before, can't go wrong

lol it’s a proven system!

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Ending E. First one I felt like I was actually going to get shot down, finished with 91% damage to the plane. The AI isn't nearly as aggressive in any other situation, was a good change of pace.

One left. Going to try for Hard on route A

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Sub-Actuality posted:

lol it’s a proven system!

it’s easy because all games are good

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ace combat whips but playing one my vita is makin me motion sick. think i'm gonna try to get this working on pc and do that

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I kind of zoned out of the story after completing one branch because I wasn't patient enough for how slowly the text appeared on screen so I'm not 100% these are even the correct screenshots, but I did definitely finish every mission. Not going to attempt hard. I managed to fail a decent number of missions even without any enemies actually attacking me just by being too bad at flying to not just run straight into buildings and the water.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

P-Mack posted:

: Complete a full route on Hard

Sick game. Did D and E on Hard, rest Normal. I really like how the lore is scattered around all the different routes before you get the full picture on what the hell happened, and weirdly enough some crucial foreshadowing is in the missions you get for failing objectives.

I didn't like ending E much cause it just felt like a Bad End, and you don't spend enough time with Cynthia for it to really land. I loved the twists for the final mission of A and B, while D was more of an emotionally satisfying conventional conclusion to the story. C is just stumbling around blind to the plot which I kind of love in the context of the rest of it.

Hardest part of the plat was finishing 47 on Hard, and finishing 48 fast enough to get the optional mission.

Gold poo poo

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

rodbeard posted:

I kind of zoned out of the story after completing one branch because I wasn't patient enough for how slowly the text appeared on screen so I'm not 100% these are even the correct screenshots, but I did definitely finish every mission. Not going to attempt hard. I managed to fail a decent number of missions even without any enemies actually attacking me just by being too bad at flying to not just run straight into buildings and the water.

Gotta watch out for the water at night imo

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

rodbeard posted:

hell yeah nicely done!

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

signs of some new gang moving in on the Warriors' turf in Coney... "IZ"... sounds like some heavy muscle

Sub-Actuality fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Apr 24, 2023

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Sub-Actuality posted:

signs of some new gang moving in on the Warriors' turf in Coney... "IZ"... sounds like some heavy muscle

Lol cool

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Just getting started on The Warriors. I managed to softlock by getting tackled into the paint seller while trying to buy from him causing him to just disappear.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
been too busy to game lately which has been a bummer because I really wanna play ace combat and a lot of the other stuff i missed but on the other hand the more i don’t game now the more epic impmas will be

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

absolutely goated game, up there with the best ace combats. would love them to return to this branching story path idea, it rules.

will likely return for a hard run on impmas.

i'll miss you, gbs reporter

i won't miss finally beating dision in mission 52 after 6 tries and MISSION ACCOMPLISHED popping up and breathing a sigh of relief only to fly into a building and have MISSION FAILED pop up right aftward.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I got really distracted by stupid FFXIV shenanigans and I have failed to start AC3. I'll see what I can do in the next couple days

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

absolutely goated game, up there with the best ace combats. would love them to return to this branching story path idea, it rules.

will likely return for a hard run on impmas.

i'll miss you, gbs reporter

i won't miss finally beating dision in mission 52 after 6 tries and MISSION ACCOMPLISHED popping up and breathing a sigh of relief only to fly into a building and have MISSION FAILED pop up right aftward.

Lmao owned.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKMzMZWRKVc

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Martman posted:

I got really distracted by stupid FFXIV shenanigans and I have failed to start AC3. I'll see what I can do in the next couple days

There's definitely time, you can do it :hai:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Game 2-15

Out Zone (Arcade) - 1990 - Deadline 4/18/23 11:59EST

It is the distant future. An alien race from the planet Owagira are threatening to wipe out humanity. After multiple failed attempts to defend Earth against their attacks, a team of cyborg mercenaries is recruited by the United Nations in a last-ditch effort to overthrow the invaders.

Out Zone is a run 'n' gun arcade video game developed by Toaplan and published in Japan by Tecmo, North America by Romstar, and Europe in August 1990. A spiritual successor, FixEight, was released for arcades in July 1992.

badass bezel art:

Link to the manual (for the installation of the arcade machine lol):

Trophies:

: Clear the first loop
: 1CC the first loop
: Earn the highest score in the IZGC (PLATINUM)

:siren:Game starts 4/12/23 12AM EST:siren:

Thanks to bees x1000 for the game and trophy picks, and good luck imps!

Sub-Actuality fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Apr 24, 2023

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Some helpful details and links via bees x1000:

latest MAME:
https://www.mamedev.org/?p=523
ROM:
https://www.planetemu.net/rom/mame-roms/outzone

This game is also available on Steam:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2022920/Out_Zone/

:siren: if you play the Steam version you'll need to change some options to get closer to the arcade/MAME experience: :siren:
VIDEO>SPEED>ORIGINAL
GAME>DIFFICULTY>A
VERSION>COMMON

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
whoa. unexpectedly based pick

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

drat that looks sick

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Why did the Steam link take me to Marvel's Midnight Suns on my mobile app :psyduck:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

looks sick

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Whoa that looks awesome. Always been a fan of overhead run n guns

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Out Zone is on the easier side for shmup-ish games IMO, so I think the 1CC trophy will be in reach for more people

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

yeah this game looks loving cool, excited to try it out

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Outzone looks badass and I see it’s in a bundle too, are any of the others worth it?

Zero Wing
Twin Cobra
Truxton

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sleng Teng posted:

Outzone looks badass and I see it’s in a bundle too, are any of the others worth it?

Zero Wing
Twin Cobra
Truxton

Zero Wing is cool but the arcade version doesn’t have the all your base meme

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Oh it’s that game? Lol. What a drat shame

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Sub-Actuality posted:

Link to the manual (for the installation of the arcade machine lol):

lol at the us publisher attempting to make a science out of the most efficient way to screw people out of their quarters without pissing them off

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Sleng Teng posted:

Zero Wing
Twin Cobra
Truxton

I think the bundle is totally worth it, but be warned that these ports were released in a shaky state and while the devs have released a lot of good patches they aren't 100% yet

Pablo Nergigante posted:

+ the Bitwave devs recreated the meme cutscene for the Steam version,
- they changed it a little bit and it bugs me.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

bees x1000 posted:

- they changed it a little bit and it bugs me.

They're erasing our history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

They're erasing our history.