Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
outzones cool. good pick

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

looks sick. i'll definitely give it a go.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

: See three different endings

despite my frustration at the last few missions on these routes fighting planes that can turn on a dime and accelerate like a rocket, these were pretty fun with some good variety in mission objectives. pretty cool they programmed entirely different handling for a single mission in space as well

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Jenny Agutter posted:

pretty cool they programmed entirely different handling for a single mission in space as well

blows my mind that you don't even see that mission unless you don't complete the previous one

they got the lady to say "nice entry" and everything

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

blows my mind that you don't even see that mission unless you don't complete the previous one

they got the lady to say "nice entry" and everything

I blew up on reentry bc I didn't understand what they were telling me to do Lol

It also took me a couple missions to get competent at the midair refueling, that poo poo is squirrelly

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

In Training posted:

I blew up on reentry bc I didn't understand what they were telling me to do Lol

It also took me a couple missions to get competent at the midair refueling, that poo poo is squirrelly

i press start and get back to the fun part

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

mbt posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mbt posted:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

mbt posted:

its just wisdom

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I did each once at least. the re-entry was cool

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
a pilot who does not skip the first extended play sequences has no brain. one that does not complete the last few has no heart.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

mbt posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Neucom mission where you have to destroy the fleet before they reach the downed satellite and also keep the recovery team alive was really pissing me off. I finally beat it with a B rating after like 10 tries

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

: Complete a full route on Hard

Finished Ending A. I've done all the missions through the General Resources paths now, but nothing where you don't go with Dision at the first junction. Ending was cool, MIRVs blow. Every time I try to use them I regret it.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Rage quitting for the night because I'm too drunk to press x fast enough to dodge the rollercoaster in The Warriors

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

: Beat the game (See one ending)
Ending C (all UPEO route)

wish i had enough time left to check out some other routes, but that'll be an impmas story, i think. not really sure how i feel about the gameplay (it didn't really feel like enemies were even fighting back until the final quarter of the missions?) but the graphics and presentation are incredibly stylish for the ps1. this was when namco were at the peak of their game with the hardware (see also: r4) and they just spend the whole game flexing. even when i was bored or annoyed (gently caress "bug hunt", terrible mission), the storytelling kept me going.

seriously, this mission was just showing off.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

bug hunt might be the worst level in the game. Especially with how you have to finish it. also I should play a ridge racer game, I never have...

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I thought bug hunt was a cool level until the very end. I appreciate how much variety in mission types there are

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

good good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was hype when they were describing the train level but then I beat it in 13 seconds and it kind of a let down.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

...something big is approaching...

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sub-Actuality posted:

...something big is approaching...

!!

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

:siren: SPECIAL EVENT :siren: - THE SUMMER OF ZELDA - STARTING MAY 1

(* special thanks to Fungah! for the event idea, the trophies, and lots of planning work, and to STONE COLD 64 for the badass logo ^^ *)

Runs from May 1 through June 30

Tears of the Kingdom is coming out on May 12, and it's a safe bet that many imps are finding themselves in the mood for some Zelda games leading up to the release. Well you're in luck, because now you can play these games in an officially sanctioned context!

For the months of May and June, Game Club will be celebrating the Legend of Zelda series, very possibly the best video game series of all time, with lots of Zelda games to play (plus a few spinoffs), and dozens of trophies available to earn! Play as many as you want, or just your favorites, or just take a break for a couple of months if for some deranged reason you don't like any Zelda games.

Speaking of which, THE GAMES:

―――――

The Legend of Zelda - NES (1986)

Link must rescue Princess Zelda and defeat the evil Ganon by collecting the Triforce. This was one of the first video games to feature a battery-powered save system, allowing players to save their progress instead of starting over every time the game was played.

TROPHIES:

: Get the White Sword
: Beat the first quest
: Beat the second quest
: Reach Ganon swordless in either quest (PLATINUM)

―――――

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link - NES (1987)

Link goes on a journey to awaken Princess Zelda from a sleeping spell by collecting the Triforce of Courage. This game introduced RPG elements, such as experience points and levels, to the series.

TROPHIES:

: Reach maximum in all stats
: Beat the game
: Beat the game without continuing (PLATINUM)

―――――

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - SNES (1991)

Link travels between the light world and the dark world to save Princess Zelda and defeat the evil wizard Agahnim. This was the first in the series to feature a parallel world mechanic.

TROPHIES:

: Confront and defeat Agahnim at the top of Hyrule Castle
: Get all the heart containers
: Reach Ganon without using a sword (PLATINUM)

―――――

The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening DX - Game Boy Color (1993)

Link is stranded on an island and must awaken the Wind Fish to leave, all while unraveling the mystery of the island. This was the first Zelda game to be released for a handheld console.

TROPHIES:

: Learn the Ballad of the Wind Fish
: Beat the DX bonus dungeon
: Get the upgraded sword

―――――

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Nintendo 64 (1998)

Link travels through time to stop the evil Ganondorf and save the land of Hyrule. This game was the first in the Zelda series to feature 3D graphics.

TROPHIES:

: Get the Master Sword
: Get Biggoron’s Sword
: Beat the final horse race
: Get all the heart containers
: Collect all 100 Gold Skulltulas (PLATINUM)
: Beat the Master Quest version of the game (PLATINUM)

―――――

The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask - Nintendo 64 (2000)

Link must save the land of Termina from the moon, which is on a collision course, and also help its inhabitants with their problems. Majora's Mask used the game engine from Ocarina of Time, and was developed in just one year.

TROPHIES:

: Obtain the Deku, Goron, and Zora masks
: Learn all songs
: Find and complete the secret shrine
: Obtain all usable items
: Obtain the Fierce Deity’s Mask (PLATINUM)

―――――

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Oracle of Seasons - Game Boy Color (2001)

Link must save two lands, Holodrum and Labrynna, by using the Rod of Seasons and the Harp of Ages to manipulate time and weather. These games were designed to be played together as a linked game.

TROPHIES:

: Beat Oracle of Ages
: Beat Oracle of Seasons
: Befriend Dimitri
: Befriend Moosh
: Befriend Ricky
: Get the true ending (PLATINUM)

―――――

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap - Game Boy Advance (2004)

Link must shrink down to the size of Larry to save Hyrule from the evil sorcerer Vaati. This game was developed by Capcom, instead of Nintendo's internal development teams.

TROPHIES:

: Find all four elements
: Get all 100 Kinstone fusions (PLATINUM)

―――――

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - GameCube (2003)

Link must rescue his sister and save the land of Hyrule from the evil Ganon by using a magical conductor's baton and sailing the Great Sea. This game was initially met with controversy by some fans due to its cel-shaded graphics, the fools. The fools!!

TROPHIES:

: Get the Hookshot
: Collect 50 Picto Box figurines
: Complete all 50 floors of the Savage Labyrinth

―――――

The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures - GameCube (2004)

Link must rescue Princess Zelda and defeat the evil sorcerer Vaati by working together with up to three other players. This game was the first in the series to feature multiplayer.

TROPHIES:

: Play co-op with an Imp

―――――

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - GameCube (2006)

Link transforms into a wolf and ventures between the world of light and the Twilight Realm to stop a dark force from taking over Hyrule. It was originally planned as a GameCube exclusive, but was later released simultaneously for the GameCube and the Wii, making it one of the few games in the Zelda series to be released on two consoles at the same time.

TROPHIES:

: Find all the Fused Shadows
: Collect all the Golden Insects
: Beat the Cave of Ordeals

―――――

Freshly-Picked Tingle’s Rosy Rupeeland - Nintendo DS (2007)

The game follows the character Tingle as he explores a magical world in search of rupees, with the ultimate goal of raising enough money to reach Rupeeland's Paradise. It was released exclusively in Japan and Europe, and is one of the few games in the Zelda franchise to feature Tingle as the main character.

TROPHIES:

: Complete Steamy Marsh
: Earn the Super Chef Hat (Give all 31 recipes to the Chef)

―――――

Ripened Tingle’s Balloon Trip of Love - Nintendo DS (2009)

This game follows Tingle as he is transported to a strange alternate reality where he must solve puzzles and navigate through a variety of different environments in order to rescue his true love, Pinkle. It was released only in Japan, and is known for its quirky humor and unusual storyline.

TROPHIES:

: Complete Page 7

―――――

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - Nintendo DS (2007)

Link must rescue Princess Zelda and defeat the evil Bellum by using the stylus and touch screen of the Nintendo DS. This game was the first in the series to use touch controls.

TROPHIES:

: Upgrade all spirits to level 2
: Find all 31 Treasure Maps

―――――

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - Nintendo DS (2009)

Link must rescue Princess Zelda and defeat the evil Chancellor Cole by using a magical train to explore the land of Hyrule. This game features a companion character, Zelda herself, who assists Link throughout the game.

TROPHIES:

: Collect 50 rabbits
: Complete the Stamp Book

―――――

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Nintendo Wii (2011)

Link must rescue Princess Zelda and defeat the evil Demise by using motion controls to swing his sword and aim his weapons (unless you're playing HD!). This game features a unique art style inspired by impressionist paintings.

TROPHIES:

: Defeat the Imprisoned for the first time
: Collect all the heart containers
: Obtain the True Master Sword

―――――

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Nintendo 3DS (2013)

A Link Between Worlds is set in the same world as A Link to the Past and follows Link as he sets out to stop the evil sorcerer Yuga from collecting the Seven Sages and resurrecting the demon king Ganon. It introduces a new game mechanic that allows Link to merge into walls and become a painting to solve puzzles and navigate dungeons.

TROPHIES:

: Defeat Yuga at the top of Hyrule Castle
: Collect all the Maimai
: Purchase all gear

―――――

The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes - 3DS (2015)

Players control three Links who must work together to collect magical materials and defeat the evil witch. The game takes place in a fashion-conscious kingdom called Hytopia, where clothing plays a crucial role in gameplay.

TROPHIES:

: Play Co-op with an Imp
: Defeat the Lady's Pets
: Complete the Den of Trials
: Beat the Game

―――――

Hyrule Warriors - Wii U (2014)

A hack-and-slash action game that combines characters and elements from the Legend of Zelda franchise with the gameplay of the Dynasty Warriors series. It features a large roster of playable characters, including both heroes and villains from various games in the Zelda series.

TROPHIES:

: Beat one map in Adventure Mode
: Find the Master Sword
: Beat Legend Mode
: Collect all 100 Gold Skulltulas (PLATINUM)

―――――

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Wii U/Switch (2017)

Link awakens from a 100-year slumber to a mysterious voice guiding him to defeat Calamity Ganon and save the kingdom of Hyrule. Instead, he runs around climbing trees. This game features an open world environment with a physics engine that allows for creative problem-solving and exploration.

TROPHIES:

: Activate one Divine Beast
: Activate all Divine Beasts
: Buy all home upgrades
: Finish building Tarrey Town
: Finish all 120 shrines (PLATINUM)
: Beat the game by going directly to Hyrule Castle after leaving the Great Plateau (PLATINUM)

―――――

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Switch (2020)

A prequel to Breath of the Wild, this game tells the story of the events leading up to the Great Calamity, with players controlling various characters from the game's world, including Link, Zelda, and the Champions. It features a time-traveling element that allows players to change the course of history and prevent the Calamity from occurring.

TROPHIES:

: Upgrade your apple capacity for the first time

―――――

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - Switch (2023)

In this sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, you’ll decide your own path through the sprawling landscapes of Hyrule and the mysterious islands floating in the vast skies above. Can you harness the power of Link’s new abilities to fight back against the malevolent forces that threaten the kingdom?

TROPHIES:

: Complete the prologue (open the second door in the Temple of Time)
: Get the Master Sword
: Unlock every hand ability
: Unlock all 4 Great Fairy fountains
: Fully map the surface
: Fully map the Depths (PLATINUM)
: Complete all shrines (PLATINUM)

―――――

My Nintendo Picross: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - 3DS (2016)

A special version of Picross based on Twilight Princess. It was available exclusively on My Nintendo for 1000 Platinum coins.

TROPHIES:

: Solve all Picross or Mega Picross puzzles
: Solve all Micross puzzles

―――――

Imps, get your Nescafé candles ready because The Summer of Zelda... Has begun!

Sub-Actuality fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jun 21, 2023

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

holy gently caress dude

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
siiiiiiiiiiick

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Let’s loving Go!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Paging NCS lmfao.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Summer of Zelda, huh? Sounds like a good excuse to play zero games and post a picture my nutsack.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

if I started a OoT file before this started does it count. The only trophy I would have is Obtain the Master Sword I could stop playing until May 1st to get some IZGC swag.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

good good

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I will try to finish the GBC games at least, also known as the best Zelda games.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm gonna play Minish Cap and Spirit Tracks since they're the only zelda games I haven't played yet. Mmmm.except for Hyrule warriors 2 but I'm not going to buy that .

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

"Get all 100 Kinstone fusions (PLATINUM)" lmao

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Hell yeah. Been wanting to play the Oracle games

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

In Training posted:

Paging NCS lmfao.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
appreciate the restraint in not adding an extreme psycho plat for korok seeds

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

appreciate the restraint in not adding an extreme psycho plat for korok seeds

... yet :getin:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

P-Mack posted:

Summer of Zelda, huh? Sounds like a good excuse to play zero games and post a picture my nutsack.

this guy gets it