Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

This two partner is an excellent episode. The Doctor and Amy and Rory land on a hill, see their future selves, find a cave, and then Rory dies and gets erased and only Future Amy's there now. A+ episode despite being only five minutes long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Where do fists come from?

Jerusalem posted:

Yep, there's the Silurian 2-parter review I was expecting!

I remember at the time watching this dreadful, boring and badly written 2-parter and thinking how it seemed entirely without merit until that final sequence. It's amazing how you can actually tell the very second where Chibnall's writing ends and Moffat's writing takes over. The delineation between the two is incredible, it's such a shift in quality it is unbelievable. Which makes the fact that Chibnall was seriously considered as a possible replacement for RTD as showrunner even more astonishing, can you imagine a season 5 where that 2-parter was the standard quality you could expect from the show? :gonk:

Amongst all the many problems Toxx quite legitimately brings up, I just want to bring up the awful, awful character that is Tony. Ambrose is identified as a terrible person, but I guess we know where we get it from because I want to remind everybody that there is a scene where Tony seemingly forgets all about his own missing grandson and just straight up offers to let their prisoner - their only bargaining chip - go if she will cure him of the poison afflicting him. Think about that for a second, this rear end in a top hat basically throws his own grandson under the bus for a chance for just another few minutes of precious, precious life for himself. It's so astonishingly selfish it stands out to me over everything else, and yet it's just included in there like it's nothing, and the episode ends with us seemingly meant to consider him a good guy who we're happy to see is going to get to live? Ambrose, for all her many faults, is at least consistent in being a horrible and shortsighted person.

When people talk about how much they enjoyed season 5 up to this point, you can be pretty sure they're either ignoring this 2-parter, or that they've deliberately tried to forget it ever existed. If it wasn't for the Rory scene at the end, I imagine most of us WOULD have forgotten it ever happened, it's just so unremarkable and uninteresting compared to everything that came before it.

It really is obvious where his writing stops and Moffat's begins. On rewatch, I probably wouldn't even bother with this loving two-parter and just find Rory's death scene on YouTube or something.

Was it another thread or this one where I said it seems like Chibnall not only writes the most despicable, un-empathetic characters on televsion (as in every character in Torchwood), but also takes established characters and writes them as the absolute worst version of themselves? It's almost like Chibnall doesn't understand how empathy works, at all, or he's trying too hard to be gritty so he writes his characters as one-dimensional puppets of awfulness. His plots are like sophomoric art-school sculptures cobbled together from rotting garbage. Also, he seems to know gently caress-all about three-act structure.

Sorry, I do go on about Chibnall's awfulness, but I hate his writing that loving much, everything I've ever seen of his. Which is probably why I haven't watched Broadchurch because at this point I can"t believe the talentless fucker has it in him to write anything good.

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!
We were talking about Classic Who briefly before, and now the Cold Blood review's been posted and we're talking about Chris Chibnall and how he did not do a good job on this one.

Which amuses me because there's totally a clip from an 80's British talk show where a bunch of Doctor Who fans react to that year's finale by saying they didn't like it and junk, and Chibnall is one of them.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

No comment in the review on the TARDIS fragment reveal?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

If forgotten what an absolute poo poo of a person Ambrose was holy gently caress.

I do think there's an interesting story in there, what with the way humanity doesn't rise to the occasion, but it gets constantly undercut.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Stuporstar posted:

Sorry, I do go on about Chibnall's awfulness, but I hate his writing that loving much, everything I've ever seen of his. Which is probably why I haven't watched Broadchurch because at this point I can"t believe the talentless fucker has it in him to write anything good.

They say a broken clock is right twice a day. Broadchurch Season 1 seems to be that for Chibnall, or maybe it's because it was a story he'd had in his head for years, and something he poured his heart and soul into. It's the best thing he's ever written, but sadly it feels like an aberration. Season 2 is still airing and it would be unfair to make a judgement on it just yet, but so far the acting/cinematography/sound design etc have been far more impressive to me than the writing.

Still, at least he's not Joseph Lidster (another person RTD supposedly had high hopes for), who thanks to a kind and loving God hasn't yet been able to make his writing mark on the revival.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Once again, my failure to commit bites me in the rear end. At least this time I had a bit of hope that Rory's outstanding death scene would push this up to the "D" I guessed, but no, it was not to be. Slip sliding awaaaaaaaay..... :sigh:

Perhaps the problem for me was that the only thing I could remember about these two episodes was Rory's death. Everything else had washed away in the nearly five years since I first saw them. Because, unlike much of Series Five, I've never gone back to re-watch "The Hungry Earth" and "Cold Blood" and, excepting the last five minutes of "Cold Blood", I never intend to.

Maybe next time I'll only guess "A"s and "F"s. :shrug:

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Okay, so I may have completely forgotten about this episode and thought that Rory died in a the angel two-parter, which doesn't actually make sense when I think about it.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Toxxupation posted:

Oh, and let me just say- the way the climax is resolved, with The Doctor literally instructing three people, one of whom is a child, to somehow miraculously prepare the Earth for a race of sentient lizard-men to arrive in a loving millenium, stretches believability even for Doctor Who. Has Chibnall never googled the words "Lizard-Men"? Has he never heard of the crazy conspiracy theory that's also SUPER anti-Semitic about how a race of Lizard People are going to try to take over the Earth? The one that's been around for half a century, at least? The one that's so prevalent, so well-known as a crazy conspiracy theory that it's literally comic shorthand for "crazy conspiracy theorists"? I mean, at least Obama birth certificate people and vaxxers and truthers, they at least have some level of cultural legitimacy, as opposed to lizard people conspiracy theorists being the loving laughingstock of everyone who's not them. Even for Doctor Who the episode being resolved with Eleven just telling three people, three people from Wales no less, to magically convince everyone else that lizard people both exist and are gonna arrive long after everyone is dead when the entire planet can't even agree that climate change, a thing thousands and thousands of qualified experts in their fields agree exists and is a world-threatening problem that will affect most people alive and politically relevant right now- and if not us certainly our children and definitely our children's children, is a thing that exists and we desperately need to address makes this entire resolution completely, utterly unbelievable. Even for Doctor Who, a show about literally anything, there's things that can break immersion, and what Eleven tasks Ambrose and her husband and kid to do crosses that line especially considering the cultural cachet right now that "Lizard People" have. It's loving absurd.

When I first watched this I thought it was asinine to depend on loving Ambrose and her family to prepare the earth for the return of the Silurians. But after thinking about it I doubt he really expects the most useless family in wales to accomplish anything. And it doesn't matter.

The sun comes up tomorrow and the rest of the crew returns to the site: a multi-billion dollar drill is trashed, two people are missing and there are signs of violence. Both talking about what happened or hiding what happened is going to make the family look guilty as gently caress. The best possible outcome for the family is that UNIT shows up and hushes the whole thing up. The family is going to be consumed with more important things like "not being locked up" and "finding a new job after the suspicious destruction of your last workplace".

Luckily it doesn't matter, because the Doctor knows that earth in 1000 years is a very different place. Humans will have caught up technologically, so the Silurians starting a war will make even less sense. Humans will have colonized other planets, so sharing won't be such a big deal. Oh, and according to The Beast Below, right around 3000 AD the surface of the planet becomes uninhabitable due to solar flares. That's right, in an episode where so many things didn't matter because of other things, the Doctor has timed it so that it doesn't matter at all that Ambrose's family is given an impossible task. The Silurians will wake up just in time to see humanity abandoning the planet entirely.

Stobbit
Mar 9, 2006
Ugh, gently caress this episode. When I was showing this episode to a friend, I prefaced it with "this episode is absolutely awful, but there's a moment about ten minutes from the end that you can tell Moffat wrote, and it's loving amazing." Hence my guess: Awful episode + amazing scene = F - 1 (D). I haven't rewatched it since 2011, so I must have misremembered how abhorrent this piece of poo poo is. Seriously, Series 5 is just ... and then this ... ugh.

Monagle
May 7, 2007
Wonka Wash spelled backwards.

Toxxupation posted:

[*] Someone please tell me the score that played when Amy was trying desperately to remember Rory, since it was really good.
[/list]

I don't know if they have the exact version used in the show but its part of this song:
http://youtu.be/Y6j8ZOJPoho?t=2m10s

Also does anyone else get bothered by the fact that one of the memories of rory amy has is the scene of him getting shot,
only now it has no gun effect so its just him flinching awkwardly

Monagle fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Feb 1, 2015

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004
Not me because to me it was a sign her memory was already fading. She couldn't remember that he'd been shot, just that he died.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Toxxupation posted:

gently caress the narration, by the way. Why was the narration even included.

If you're writing a script and you decide that it needs voice over narration, seek immediate treatment for your concussion then come back to it.

The absolute worst part of this two-parter is that if you rewatch the season you can't skip over the second episode because of Rory and then you can't skip over the first part.

Angela Christine posted:

Luckily it doesn't matter, because the Doctor knows that earth in 1000 years is a very different place. Humans will have caught up technologically, so the Silurians starting a war will make even less sense. Humans will have colonized other planets, so sharing won't be such a big deal. Oh, and according to The Beast Below, right around 3000 AD the surface of the planet becomes uninhabitable due to solar flares.

Future history in Doctor Who is always a bit loosy-goosy (I am not saying "timey-whimey"), but it does stand out when they just made a big deal about it a few episodes ago.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Doctor Who
"Cold Blood"
Series 5, Episode 9

You know, considering that one scene at the end, it's funny how this two-parter seems to screw with people's memories.

I didn't recall much of this two-parter before the rewatch, as I stated earlier. And now that I've watched the whole thing, I need to revise my earlier impressions a bit. I clearly wasn't being harsh enough. This little duo of episodes is the worst since Helen Raynor's Dalek scripts, which were themselves almost eldritch in their awfulness. It's somehow clumsy, nasty, mean-spirited, and staggeringly lazy all at the same time. It's a failure in literally every aspect of its production, except for the ones that are on loan from another, better writer, including the scene where said writer basically smacks Chibnall's hands and takes over the writing himself. And that's why I worked so hard to keep it, and Rory's fate, a secret - because god drat if Occ's agony didn't make up for all of it. Ha ha haaa, I'm a bad man.

"Laziness" really is the order of the day here. Chibnall, who's handily put himself in competition with Raynor as the worst recurring contributor to modern Who, seems to have undertaken these scripts with nothing but contempt for the show's audience - and even if we remember that Doctor Who is a show for children, he aims way below the mark. Occ and others have already laid out in detail the myriad failures with how conflict is set up, how every single plot development is telegraphed blatantly, clumsily, and so far in advance that they undermine the conflict before it even gets a chance to exist. The hanging question of Eliot's safety is answered in five minutes. The hostage exchange, which is banged on for nearly half the episode's duration, is rendered worthless because we see Restac setting up a coup anyway. The question of humanity's goodness is pointless because Ambrose went all NYPD on Alaya twenty minutes ago. It's a horrible chore to watch.

The characters, too, are lazy. Every single side character in this two-parter is a string of miserable, tedious cliches festooned end-to-end with no consideration for how these gel with the plot or other characters. Alaya is a classic "avenging extremist" type, all "grr stupid apes" because she's the representative of an inter-species conflict that we never get to see, and then Chibnall makes her a sacrificial lamb without even bothering to revise her previous extremist role, so no one in the audience can possibly give a gently caress that she's dead. Malokeh, or "lizard Mengele" as he seems to be widely called, goes from the ominous mad scientist to the good-natured empiricist two seconds after putting down the bonesaw. Ambrose is a hateful old shrew that Chibnall attempts several times to portray as a well-meaning but wrong-headed guardian before giving up entirely and dribbling out some nonsense about bettering herself that I can't even remember. Tony Mack and Mo are non-entities. Nasreen is a puff of air. Eliot's dyslexia was never mentioned again. And so on.

There's the same disjointed, illogical feel to events here that Occ noted in "Evolution of the Daleks," where it felt like Raynor was just desperately slapping scenes over one another in an attempt to lurch towards some kind of a finale. But Chibnall doesn't even muster up the type of fascinating awfulness demonstrated by the Dalek two-parter, he just puts in the absolute bare minimum of effort to resolve scenes and collects his paycheck. Restac is shooting people and making a coup because she is the Bad Guy and that's what Bad Guys do, who cares about the whole peace-talk plot, it's a word-for-word ripoff of a Third Doctor serial anyway, and let's have some totally gratuitous narration to spell out every single plot point that might be left unsaid, Tony isn't dead but he's mutating in vague ways for vague reasons and that's why he didn't drop dead before, oh never mind everything's sorted let's just make the worst family in Wales the official prophets for the Age of the Lizard People and go on our way. This is all offensively bad. I am offended by it. There are twelve-year olds whose time and attention is worth more effort than what Chibnall's shown here. It almost feels like he completely changed gears from script to script, hence the sudden appearance of that awful narration and Malokeh's complete about-face in characterization - but why? For what purpose? It's a mystery to all.

The Silurians, as I said before, are a troublesome antagonist even if they're not being written by someone as cack-handed as Chibnall, because Who is an optimistic kids' show and an optimistic kids' show needs to try and see the good in all things. As a result, no one can rebuke anyone strongly enough to make either side sympathetic. The Silurians' worst fears about humanity are justified in Ambrose's acts of vengeance, but then the script bends over backwards, in its limp, noodly way, to explain her reasons and preserve her well-being. Humanity is right to fear the Silurians, especially given Restac's impromptu reptile junta, but oh look, turns out Restac was really fond of her equally non-characterized not-sister and now we all have to watch her mooing over her corpse before she gets back to murdering people. It's a mealy-mouthed, non-committal affair from all parties, and would have made for a lifeless and dull ninety minutes no matter who was writing it. I got a little giggle out of Eldane's exasperated threat to just have Restac shoot him if she was going to throw such a tantrum over not shooting anyone else, but that was the only standout moment. Not one side character of interest. Not one hint of appeal in the sets or the script. Not one plot point that held up under scrutiny. God, someone shoot me.

Actually, better idea. Someone shoot Rory.

Yes, it turns out Rory's dissolution via old-person eyeball-zombie death gas in "Amy's Choice" was just a dry run for his actual fate, to be capped by a lovely laser gun wielded by a shittier lizard woman. It's uncanny how well his arc mirrored Mickey's up to that point - one amazing episode after joining the TARDIS, followed by a tepid-two parter that ended his career as a Companion - but the Silurian two-parter was so much worse than the Cybermen's, and Rory doesn't even get a vacation fighting robots in France. Instead, his corpse falls through a crack in the universe and out of everyone's minds. It really is too grievous to be borne.

It's a credit to Moffat how deftly he sets up the characterization and symbolism present in Rory's brief death scene. Rory is completely blameless throughout, and the Doctor completely at fault - it was probably the Doctor playing with the time crack that made it spring a leak in the first place, Rory's only shot because he takes a laser for the Doctor, and then the janky-assed TARDIS that the Doctor started up rattles Amy out of her attempt to preserve even Rory's memory. In one move, the Doctor fucks up Amy's life again, destroying the stability she'd spent a lifetime searching for and holding on to after her initial abandonment all those years ago. Now, the Doctor's forced to keep her on, not just out of some desperate, futile need to repair the damage he'd done, but because he's left her with nothing to go back to. And in one final blow, he finds out that his own TARDIS is apparently the source of the universe-rending explosion that caused the cracks - hence the amusement of Zero and the Angels at how "the Doctor in the TARDIS" seems so clueless about the whole situation - so even Rory's deletion from Amy's past is somehow, inscrutably, his fault. The Doctor told Amy at the start that he was tired of traveling alone, and wanted to bring someone else onboard again for a change. That was mostly a lie to cover up his true motives - to study the cracks via Amy herself - and probably for the better, because he's managed to gently caress up in almost every way imaginable so far when it comes to keeping her safe.

Occ was debating over whether to give this a D or an F in light of that scene, and I was unsure how to advise him, because that scene is so incongruous with the rest of the two-parter that it had might as well not even exist (kinda like Rory, haw haw haw). Everything before and after it is a trainwreck, and even the reveal of the TARDIS' shrapnel is hobbled by one last bit of stupid, unnecessary, lazy voice-over bullshit. I have to say this now, to purge the evil spell that this two-parter has cast over its viewing audience - if you like this thing for any reason at all, you are wrong. It's an insipid loving mess with a single brilliant and arc-relevant scene bolted on to its conclusion, and even that brilliance is tarnished just by being in proximity to these episodes. Rory's time with us was all too brief; Rory deserved better. Instead he died so that we could all, however briefly, be given a respite from lizard-people and insufferable geologists. So long, Rory. Let's all leave Occ to his hilarious grief.

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Feb 1, 2015

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Random Stranger posted:

Future history in Doctor Who is always a bit loosy-goosy (I am not saying "timey-whimey"), but it does stand out when they just made a big deal about it a few episodes ago.

Maybe Silurians are immune to that much radiation.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I have to add that Occ started cursing out the show every time:

- someone said "Homo Reptilia"
- someone said "ape"
- Nasreen said anything at all
- Ambrose said anything at all
- the voice-over kicked in

Our chat was a sweary one.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

MikeJF posted:

Maybe Silurians are immune to that much radiation.

Maybe the Doctor is just a prankster. He pops back in 1000 years to tell them that he's got some good news and some bad news.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Oxxidation posted:

I have to add that Occ started cursing out the show every time:

- someone said "Homo Reptilia"
- someone said "ape"
- Nasreen said anything at all
- Ambrose said anything at all
- the voice-over kicked in

Our chat was a sweary one.
I would like a full transcript.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

quote:

It's loving garbage, and it's my "Journey's End"; an atrocious, horribly conceived and somehow even worse executed episode of television, one that centers around a bunch of the worst, most boring and overtly dislikeable assholes Doctor Who has ever seen getting everything they ever wanted and the one Decent Human Being on the show losing everything he ever had.

This was also basically the 'twist' of Voyage Of The Damned, which is why you hate that episode so much.

Speaking of, for a time I think you hated that episode more than The Parting Of The Ways for some time, or at least it seemed that special pushed you closer to abandoning Doctor Who than either of these episodes. Glad to see your venom is back in order.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I am glad to have gotten this wrong, both reviews are fully justified. The only pleasure in either episode is to hate Ambrose but one then gets weary of even that and one settles into a dull obstinate fury at all them. Yet another breach of trust.

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~

Toxxupation posted:

Doctor Who
"Cold Blood"
Series 5, Episode 9

I seriously considered, if only for a second, giving "Cold Blood" an A based on Rory's death alone, because I loved the way Rory's death and the post-death scene were handled. If any single moment, alone, in Doctor Who history, was good enough to elevate a bad, bad episode of television to "A" status, it was Rory's death and the way it affected Eleven and Amy.

Occupation you make me very sad.

My vote e-mail posted:

Occ won't like the silurian stuff, but he'll like Rory's death enough to give Cold Blood an A. That sounds like a fun gamble.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
What I remember from when I watched this episode, ages back, is being utterly shocked at this moment coming out of the sort of vague mundanity of the earlier part of it. (Guess I should rewatch the thing - I don't remember it being that odious, just sort of vaguely boring.) I had never conceived that they would kill Rory off that fast; I figured he'd get a season at least. Moments of surprise like that are rare on television, and particularly rare in family shows like Doctor Who; even if you don't know the specifics, you can still get a feel for the shape of what's coming far in advance. And they didn't just kill him, they THOROUGHLY killed him, shot and dramatic last words and ERASURE FROM HISTORY, and every part of his death scene and what followed was pitch-perfect. I was seriously stunned into speechlessness by it. And I spent the whole rest of the season thinking "what is this crazy fucker Moffat going to do next?", which I have to assume was part of the intended effect.

And really, you hit the nail on the head when it comes to the theme here. Amy's life has been comprehensively destroyed by the Doctor. He has completely screwed up everything for her. And he's been trying desperately to fix things, but this is the episode where he loses his last shot to do that. And it's heartbreaking. This might have been an episode where I'd have rolled dice if I were grading it by myself, because how do you even consider everything before Rory's death and everything after as a single unit? They might as well be two completely separate episodes of television that just happened to be broadcast one right after the other. (And one of which was super-short, but oh well.)

idonotlikepeas fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Feb 1, 2015

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Toxxupation posted:

But that's Nasreen's like, whole job in this episode; after "Hungry Earth" spent so much time spotlighting Nasreen's dumb, terrible, horrifically annoying character, she's immediately shoved into the background (where she loving belongs because she's terrible) due to Amy rejoining The Doctor within the first ten minutes of "Cold Blood". It brings into question why her lovely character was so emphasized and over-emphasized in the first part of this two-parter when she's so immaterial to the outcome of this one; if anything she hampers the development of "Cold Blood", since she's the source of all the conflict during scenes like the peace talks (where she rejects Eldane's offerings out of hand), and Amy ends up being the source of common ground between the two races. There's no real explanation of why she was ever included in the first place, especially considering how Chibnall must've thought she was "spunky" and "clever" so has all the smart-rear end one-liners meant to refute The Doctor pop out of her mouth, but her actress' line delivery falls so flat is comes across as annoying over ingratiating.

Nasreen is emphasised so much because she's played by Meera Syal, who you really should spend two seconds googling. She's a terrible character who does nothing useful and has no point because Chibnall is an idiot who has no idea how to write for her.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Organza Quiz posted:

Nasreen is emphasised so much because she's played by Meera Syal, who you really should spend two seconds googling. She's a terrible character who does nothing useful and has no point because Chibnall is an idiot who has no idea how to write for her.

Yeah, wasting Meera Syal so thoroughly is practically a crime.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Ambrose is terrible in the previous episode too.

Rory: is everyone okay?
Ambrose: yeah, I'M fine.
10 minutes later.
Ambrose: has anyone seen my son?

And why is there a meals on wheels there? it's specifically stated that no one lives there besides her, and all the workers travel in for the drilling.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Cold Blood

This episode is weirdly graded. More people picked A for this than they did Vampires of Venice for some reason. But, it does have the most F guesses for this season.

A
Jakiri
Senerio
Juvenalian.Satyr
Grouchio
death .cab for qt
And More
egon_beeblebrox
idonotlikepeas
LabyaMynora
ThePlague-Daemon

B
Regy Rusty
Burkion
Gandalf21
Stumiester
Bobulus
M_Gargantua
Keisse J
Prison Warden
Mo0
Stormgale
Practical Demon
Party Boat
Sinestro
surc
Colonel Cool
Arsenic Lupin
Hannibal Smith
BeefyTaco
AndwhatIseeisme
Go RV!
Senor Tron
WeirdSandwich
Ohtsam
Proposition Joe
Jsor
RodShaft
NeuroticLich
FewtureMD

C
thrawn527
Glenn_Beckett
cargohills
Organza Quiz
BSam
FreezingInferno
Random Stranger
Not a Twat
Blasmeister
Xenoborg
mind the walrus
cool kids inc.
ewe2
Paul.Power
Smello
f#a#
Bunnita
Jurgan
DetoxP
Roach Warehouse
Fucknag
adhuin
Captain Capitalism
thexerox123
Anonymouse Mook
Noxville
30.5 Days
GonSmithe
hcreight
Howe_sam

D
Rochallor
Hewlett
fatherboxx
jng2058
DoctorWhat
Stobbit
Attitude Indicator
umalt
PurpleJesus
ThNextGreenLantern
2house2fly
docbeard
Big Mean Jerk
SirSamVimes
John Charity Spring
Jet Jaguar
Kevino07
Legoman727
MikeJF
ActionZero

F
Tiggum
Daedleh
Pinwiz11
???
Squalitude
Fungah!
radmonger
Andrew_1985
Sighence
Irony Be My Shield

So Rochellor takes the lead, as Joe falls into the trailing pack. Also Sighence loses last.

Rochallor 5
John Charity Spring 6
Kevino07 6
MikeJF 6
Daedleh 7
Hewlett 7
jng2058 7
DoctorWhat 7
Stobbit 7
Attitude Indicator 7
Paul Power 7
SirSamVimes 7
Noxville 7
Proposition Joe 7
GonSmithe 7
Fungah! 8
Docbeard 8
Big Mean Jerk 8
Bunnita 8
DetoxP 8
thexerox123 8
Anonymouse Mook 8
Howe_sam 8
Cargohills 9
Organza 9
BSam 9
Not a Twat 9
Pinwiz11 9
Blasmeister 9
Xenoborg 9
Radmonger 9
PurpleJesus 9
BeefyTaco 9
ActionZero 9
Random Stranger 10
Gandalf21 10
stumeister 10
??? 10
Keisse J 10
Mind the walrus 10
Squalitude 10
Practical Demon 10
Smello 10
2house2fly 10
Andrew_1985 10
Jet Jaguar 10
Legoman727 10
Hannibal Smith 10
WeirdSandwich 10
hcreight 10
Regy Rusty 11
cool kids inc. 11
ewe2 11
ThNextGreenLantern 11
f#a# 11
Jurgan 11
Ohtsam 11
thrawn257 12
FreezingInferno 12
Bobulus 12
M Gargantua 12
Prison Warden 12
Colonel Cool 12
LabyaMynora 12
adhuin 12
ThePlague-Daemon 12
Senor Tron 12
FewtureMD 12
Glenn_Beckett 13
fatherboxx 13
Senario 13
Stormgale 13
Arsenic Lupin 13
Captain Capitalism 13
AndwhatIseeisme 13
30.5 Days 13
Irony Be My Shield 13
Tiggum 14
Grouchio 14
And More 14
Fucknag 14
Jsor 14
Burkion 15
umalt 15
egon_beeblebrox 15
Go RV! 15
Party Boat 16
NeuroticLich 16
Jakari 17
death .cab for qt 17
MoO 17
surc 17
Juvenalian Satyr 18
idonotlikepeas 18
Roach Warehouse 18
RodShaft 18
Sighence 18
Sinestro 19

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Occ is feeling ill, so the latest pair of writeups is probably going to be delayed. This probably has nothing to do with the events of the last episode.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

WHY THE gently caress DID I VOTE FOR A!? :gonk:

Ah well the Pats trolled the seahawks at least.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Grouchio posted:

Some people were just voting for the last 10 minutes.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

drat there have been a lot of As and Fs this season. My plan was to nickel and dime my way to last place, not get massively lucky or unlucky on a per - episode basis.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Sighence posted:

drat there have been a lot of As and Fs this season. My plan was to nickel and dime my way to last place, not get massively lucky or unlucky on a per - episode basis.
Well, there've been a lot of As - the number of Fs seems about the same as other seasons.

quote:

Occ is feeling ill, so the latest pair of writeups is probably going to be delayed. This probably has nothing to do with the events of the last episode.
:( Get well soon, Occ.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Grouchio posted:

With seconds on the clock, Darrell Bevell also voted A.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

NEVER

COUNT

OUT

TOUCHDOWN

TOM

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Ah yes, American football, the one thing more boring than the Silurian two parter. Well except for baseball I suppose.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

marktheando posted:

Ah yes, American football, the one thing more boring than the Silurian two parter. Well except for baseball I suppose.

People who watch cricket, a game where they felt baseball would be more interesting if a single game took multiple days, have no room to complain.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Hm, what sport is featured in not one but two classic film favorites which star James Earl Jones, because it is the sport of drama, suspense and dreams? It's baseball, the sport that people describe as boring only when they are totally and completely devoid of a human soul.

If Rory hadn't been sucked into the cracks, he would probably be a baseball fan, even though he is not from a baseball country, because he is such a human companion and would love the most human of corporate televised athletic events.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Cricket's a tense game

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

marktheando posted:

Dude.

Golf.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Baseball is the sporting equivalent of waiting for a bus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Cricket's a tense game
Welsh princes has been known to die from 'em.

• Locked thread