Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I watched a streamer for a few minutes be the worst player of this game I have ever seen, and he got the highest concurrent views I have ever seen a streamer achieve. What this tells me is Elden Ring hasn't fallen off at all, and when the DLC launches there's going to be an explosion in the server room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Gologle posted:

I watched a streamer for a few minutes be the worst player of this game I have ever seen, and he got the highest concurrent views I have ever seen a streamer achieve. What this tells me is Elden Ring hasn't fallen off at all, and when the DLC launches there's going to be an explosion in the server room.

it's stayed in the top 20 on steam since launch, which is impressive as hell for a mostly singleplayer game. i think seamless co-op has helped to juice those numbers a lot, since there's almost no good dungeon crawling/open world exploration RPGs you can play with friends unless you're sat on a couch together

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I'm genuinely looking forward to being in on the ground floor for the DLC considering it took me 2 years to pick the game up.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I'm genuinely looking forward to being in on the ground floor for the DLC considering it took me 2 years to pick the game up.

Bloodborne when Old Hunters launched was an absolute experience. And even at its height, that had a tiny fraction of the following ER does.

Shadow of the Erdtree is going to be magical.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Gologle posted:

Kai Cenat is not an average streamer, normal rules don't apply

but yeah people generally don't lose viewers streaming Elden Ring nowadays

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

I decided to mess around with my level 212 character and went with dual great shields. Such a hilarious build to troll people with! Eventually I took out a hammer and tried to sword and board too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zwlp6aouDU8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2KwcwMxwnI

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
Anyone have experience troubleshooting multiplayer problems? I'm presently the only person in my cadre who can see (and therefore use) the other two players' gold summon signs, whereas exactly a week ago we could all round robin just fine. As far as I can tell nothing's changed other than the passage of time

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Finally got started on my second playthrough as Arc/Dex in preparation for the DLC. I've got some weapons to try out planned, but I was wondering if anyone got a good tip for a nice alternate weapon (for bleed-immune/slash+thrust resistant enemies) for this kinda build that you can get somewhat early in the game? I can always pick a random mace but it'd be nice to try something unique.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Regelia of Eochaid seems like what you're looking for, I think you get it at the tunnel from Limgrave to Caelid?

E: Gaol Cave, sorry

No Dignity fucked around with this message at 13:55 on May 19, 2024

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I'll definitely try it out. My time with Souls games have taught me to fear and hate split-damage weapons though.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Insurrectionist posted:

Finally got started on my second playthrough as Arc/Dex in preparation for the DLC. I've got some weapons to try out planned, but I was wondering if anyone got a good tip for a nice alternate weapon (for bleed-immune/slash+thrust resistant enemies) for this kinda build that you can get somewhat early in the game? I can always pick a random mace but it'd be nice to try something unique.

i suggest regalia of eochaid for bleed-resistant enemies. its an extremely strong straight sword for dex/arcane, with split physical/magic damage and no bleed buildup.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
there are so many enemy types with so many different resistances in elden ring that i think split damage actually works out to your benefit most of the time, but id be curious to see a breakdown of most common resistances/vulnerabilities

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
My first build in DS3 was full faith and it traumatized me - faith scaling weapons almost all had bad damage due to split-damage scaling IIRC and launch miracles were also scaled too low and did crap damage for like 2-4 weeks, I don't remember exactly how long

Haven't really experimented with them in ER though.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Split damage is fine in ER, at least I've done it both ways and haven't ever felt particularly gimped. I don't know if it's because split damage has a significantly higher total damage to compensate for rolling against resistances twice or because the two most common split types, magic and fire, are just generally really good elements against a ton of enemies. Either way, don't let it put you off, a lot of the most powerful weapons in the game like BB and Mohg's spear and Wing of Astel are split damage and people avoid using them because they make the game too easy, From seems to have figured it out after a few games where it was plainly worse.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Insurrectionist posted:

My first build in DS3 was full faith and it traumatized me - faith scaling weapons almost all had bad damage due to split-damage scaling IIRC and launch miracles were also scaled too low and did crap damage for like 2-4 weeks, I don't remember exactly how long

Haven't really experimented with them in ER though.

Faith almost has to do some dragonmunching dipping (and thus Arc dipping) - a lot of those spells are just too good for an otherwise faith-heavy character to ignore.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Split damage is mostly fine in Elden Ring but I would be cautious about it for Shadow of the Erdtree. Fromsoft DLC usually goes overboard on enemy defenses to increase difficulty, which punishes split damage more than single-type. Hopefully they’ll manage to avoid this since they’ve added a system just to balance damage for the DLC. I guess we’ll find out in a month!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i dont have a problem with getting coop summoned to the first step by hosts looking to host pvp matches but im getting really tired of hosts who do this and then just sit there waiting for an invader because they dont know how to use the taunters tongue

UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

hello i am your heart how nice to meet you

Zwingley posted:

Anyone have experience troubleshooting multiplayer problems? I'm presently the only person in my cadre who can see (and therefore use) the other two players' gold summon signs, whereas exactly a week ago we could all round robin just fine. As far as I can tell nothing's changed other than the passage of time

Not sure if this applies outside PlayStation, and it’s probably not the issue since you can still see them but you should all check your NAT type and make sure it’s type 2.

Other than that, you’re using a password, right? If not, it could be a level incompatibility thing.

Sometimes the game just bugs out and decides you don’t get to see signs. Everyone should log out, close app, etc. and then load back up.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf

UnbearablyBlight posted:

Not sure if this applies outside PlayStation, and it’s probably not the issue since you can still see them but you should all check your NAT type and make sure it’s type 2.

Other than that, you’re using a password, right? If not, it could be a level incompatibility thing.

Sometimes the game just bugs out and decides you don’t get to see signs. Everyone should log out, close app, etc. and then load back up.

Thanks for this!

We're on Xbox and we did all the troubleshooting steps we could find: NAT types checked out, we always use a password and none of us had changed it, in areas where we all have bosses alive (this was what almost all Google queries pointed to), etc etc.

Honestly I'm encouraged to hear that sometimes it just sucks.

The weirder thing was that duel signs were working fine among all of us. :iiam:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
does anyone have a lot of experience lightrolling on ng+7+ and if its worth the hit to damage reduction from using lighter armor. i think it is but im feeling doubts and i kind of miss my heavy armor drip.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

scary ghost dog posted:

does anyone have a lot of experience lightrolling on ng+7+ and if its worth the hit to damage reduction from using lighter armor. i think it is but im feeling doubts and i kind of miss my heavy armor drip.

My toughest character was light rolling but that was because they were stacking black flame protection with golden vow. The biggest difference is the poise. I mostly liked the ability to roll out of attacks without having to worry about the follow-ups.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

light rolling is win. but i haven't played ng7, or even finished the game more than twice.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Zodium posted:

light rolling is win. but i haven't played ng7, or even finished the game more than twice.

incoming damage is pretty nuts even for little enemies so every damage resistance point from armor counts, unless you maintain multiple buffs. but lightrolling makes it easier to avoid damage entirely, in exchange for taking more damage…..its a tough call that would be a no brainer if light roll added even one iframe

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

well, if ng7 is anything like my current lvl 1 run i would say go for light roll. any time i try to put on medium armor my survivability drops noticeably.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Use the windy tear to see how big a difference it makes with the armor being constant since you're used to it maybe? That's light rolls for a full 3 minutes iirc

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

i don't like windy tear. the reason light build kicks rear end is because you can depend 100% on "if i learn to dodge the moves, i will not take damage," but sometimes that means a fairly long fight. 3 minutes is just not enough.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I finally beat Crucible Duo on my fatroll shield/pike character. That took like three weeks but it feels good to fashion with some of their gear.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
just tried bloody slash on my uchigatana for the first time...man I really was playing this game on hard mode in my first playthrough huh

the fact that it only costs 6FP boggles my mind

E: I imagine it might not scale amazingly into later in the game at least

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Insurrectionist posted:

just tried bloody slash on my uchigatana for the first time...man I really was playing this game on hard mode in my first playthrough huh

the fact that it only costs 6FP boggles my mind

E: I imagine it might not scale amazingly into later in the game at least

it costs HP as well

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
yeah but you just chug a regen draft and then go around murdering everything you can find until it wears off. all the rear end in a top hat knights in Stormveil were incredibly easy this time around. and I know it's not because I got so much better cause I forgot how to play over the past 2 years and the first two I killed with my bare hands without bloody slash was a huge pain

doesn't seem as useful for bosses but eh

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

bloody slash and blade of death probably account for like 95% of my aow uses on my level 1 run. best aows.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Bloody Slash carried my Arcane run so hard

It does tremendous damage

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

I can’t imagine fat rolling through this game. I guess a tanky greatshield build might work but you’d need endurance out the rear end

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

You just dont ever need to roll with a tanky greatshield build so fat rolling isnt so bad

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i think a fatroll build can still use bloodhound step

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Even if you have a maxed out Fingerprint shield, and the shield talisman equipped, can you still block against the most ridiculous attacks like Radahns's corkscrew move that he rarely does in phase two?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Node posted:

Even if you have a maxed out Fingerprint shield, and the shield talisman equipped, can you still block against the most ridiculous attacks like Radahns's corkscrew move that he rarely does in phase two?

Okay, first off heresy is not native to the world; it is but a contrivance. All things can be conjoined, so jot that down.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
More cryptic one-liners incoming.
https://x.com/ELDENRING/status/1792888227138769243

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

There had better be some unsettling laughter and a hosed up little guy, boy I tell you what