Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Chillgamesh posted:

My favorite thing in FFX is when you learn the Hymn of the Fayth is a song they used to sing before blitzball games in ancient Zanarkand to get hype

Whenever people are praying in FFX or at church in FFX, they're singing the game world equivalent of Are You Ready For Some Football

Honestly that is one of the most relatable and believable things about the setting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

I wanted to like A Robot Named Fight but the controls just dont feel right especially when aiming up maybe my controller is bad idk

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

smarxist posted:

just credit rolled ME2

GOD it's still so loving good, the way everything builds to the suicide mission and pulling the whole loving thing off in the most badass way possible

i liked the baby reaper twist tbqh, reapers gotta come from somewhere, and processing an entire race and its culture and turning it into one of the machine gods that police's the galaxy is cool and destroying it is extra loving cool. yeah it's just a big half finished T101, but most of the series cribs set pieces and other tropes from all kinds of media, the main basic framework of ME1 is like the old Star Trek tv show with blue aliens to gently caress even

i feel like this is turning into a red ending, even though canonically i feel green is the "best paragon uwu" ending because you get to save the geth, but gently caress it, we can make more geth, no gat drat space robot wizard gonna whisper craziness in MY ear

edit:
annoyingly after the IFF mission and during Legion's loyalty mission, you get some really bizarre paragon selections. i feel like they really limited themselves by trying to shoehorn everything into Paragon/Renegade, because Shep waffles constantly on her feelings towards AI/VI and the geth and one minute destroying some geth is good, the next Legion joins your crew, then when you start the dang loyalty mission, Paragon is against rewriting the geth at the outpost to Legion's core, but then by the end the paragon choice is to do it instead of destroying them?

oh boy lets fight this totally not random and completely convincing weird terminator baby. that's a great way to end this game. hot take: mass effect 1 was the only good one. shooting was kinda eh but still more interesting than the completely unoriginal cover shooter #69420 and you could actually explore an interesting galaxy.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Ojetor posted:

he straight up dissolves the dwarf congress and rules alone as an enlightened despot, I liked that that ending since he does good things but it is not like all roses and happiness ever after

but really, compare to what happens if you side with the other guy who's an idiot traditionalist conservative: new king passes some laws strengthing the caste system and power of the nobility, which causes a rebellion from the lower castes, he also refuses to engage with the surface (human kingdoms) and the isolated dwarf kingdom just slowly declines into chaos and civil unrest. which sounds eerily familiar :thunk:

so basically the fall of the roman republic

i did like how DAO implied that every origin took place at once and it's just that one randomly got saved at the last second to be marched to the wall

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

oscarthewilde posted:

oh boy lets fight this totally not random and completely convincing weird terminator baby. that's a great way to end this game. hot take: mass effect 1 was the only good one. shooting was kinda eh but still more interesting than the completely unoriginal cover shooter #69420 and you could actually explore an interesting galaxy.

sure the plots are jank-rear end poo poo but ME1 has a distinct lack of biotic charge

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

oscarthewilde posted:

Upgrading the AR into a bullet hose with exploding rounds was the best

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

the weak points of me2's story are more than made up for the by the quality of the grenade launcher in that game

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Xaris posted:

ok goons fess up, how many of you hosed the sexy goth witch morrigan?

There are other people to gently caress?

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

do we need to separate the gaming thread and the bioware thread? lmao

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

etalian posted:

I remember crying my eyes out laughter at people who made their dwarf PC in the first Dragon Age game go to town on that Spanish elf character.

Or made their character extra ugly to make the sex scenes with people like Morrigan even more hilarious.

Actually the Pro move is getting Morrigan to gently caress Allistar since they hate each other.

How do you get morrigan and Alistair together

And his finest moment is leaving the party while wearing the best armor, absolutely amazing they had the balls to do that

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Chillgamesh posted:

My favorite thing in FFX is when you learn the Hymn of the Fayth is a song they used to sing before blitzball games in ancient Zanarkand to get hype

Whenever people are praying in FFX or at church in FFX, they're singing the game world equivalent of Are You Ready For Some Football

their version of the sign of the cross is basically the in universe version of the tomahawk chop.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Xaris posted:

ok goons fess up, how many of you hosed the sexy goth witch morrigan?

My favorite part about this is that Alistair afterwards would be like "wait I thought killing one of those things was supposed to kill the grey warden that did it" and you could respond with "yeah weird how that happened, prophesy is old must be wrong."

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

maybe this is a weird personality test but all the grey warden stuff in da:o just slid off my brain as uninteresting past a certain point while the da2 plot was weirdly compelling

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

mastershakeman posted:

How do you get morrigan and Alistair together

Being a leader means creating angry sex situation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cOLTFpHd5U

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Jon Irenicus posted:

maybe this is a weird personality test but all the grey warden stuff in da:o just slid off my brain as uninteresting past a certain point while the da2 plot was weirdly compelling

I mean DA:O is pretty generic, the social status of the elves and the templar/mage conflict were like the only things they tried to make thier own

DA2 tried to tell the story of a town and the people who inhabit it. I always like framing a story against a setting than a cast of characters so it was a nice try, too bad about the horrible Awesome Button combat and reused maps and merill and i like big boats and i cannot lie and so on and so on

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I hate DA2 for a number of reasons but one of the big ones that sticks with me after all these years is that the most interesting storyline (the Qunari) wraps up about 5 story beats too early to set the stage for a painfully generic ending where templars fight mages again.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I feel like DA2 had a plot change at some point, since it feels like Kirkwall is basically designed to be the setting of a horror game, what with the massive blood / leylines comprising the entire city. Like, if the ending was 'cthulhu shows up' you wouldn't bat an eye, but that never happens.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Grapplejack posted:

I feel like DA2 had a plot change at some point, since it feels like Kirkwall is basically designed to be the setting of a horror game, what with the massive blood / leylines comprising the entire city. Like, if the ending was 'cthulhu shows up' you wouldn't bat an eye, but that never happens.

DA1 had the same problem, like, oh man all of my characters are covered in blood an viscera! ...aaaaaand now they're just talking about dwarf politics like nothing's wrong

it's like bioware wanted to make a grim, bloody, m-rated game but had no idea how to change the writing to fit

same thing happened with jade empire now that i think about it, it took until a second playthrough for me to learn i could make people explode and that was pretty much the entire reason the game got an M rating

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Dewgy posted:

DA1 had the same problem, like, oh man all of my characters are covered in blood an viscera! ...aaaaaand now they're just talking about dwarf politics like nothing's wrong

it's like bioware wanted to make a grim, bloody, m-rated game but had no idea how to change the writing to fit

same thing happened with jade empire now that i think about it, it took until a second playthrough for me to learn i could make people explode and that was pretty much the entire reason the game got an M rating

Centrists are basically Lord Harrowmont while Bernie tried to be Bhelen.

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

Dewgy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrFSKkQRW8A

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Lmfao I forgot about this

Speaking of trailers remember when this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHVKKFIZff0

turned into you just getting blackout drunk at a bar resort and waking up to find out its run over with zombies

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Dragon Age 1 is basically a Hentai plot, The hot mean girl wants to sleep with you so she can her own personal demon baby.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

And the demon baby plot goes loving nowhere thanks da3

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

this is the tame version. there was another one that had the song on for longer and was just a montage of blood sex and violence. sadly i cant find it

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/coolranchzaku/status/1277708294681960450?s=20

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

The boyfriend in this story is figuratively a king, and the king in the screenshot is literally a king

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

expose him immediately!!

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Doc Hawkins posted:

expose him immediately!!

Yes, expose him. Increase the surface area of naked skin to air and really get that smell going

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

So uh, does anyone know what happened o Dr Disrespect yet

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

are there any good mods for stalker cop? like a relatively non intrusive visuals/bugfix thing. and actual stalker cop not some poo poo htat combines all the games that takes three days to download

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Meme Emulator posted:

The boyfriend in this story is figuratively a king, and the king in the screenshot is literally a king

petty king, at best.

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

babypolis posted:

this is the tame version. there was another one that had the song on for longer and was just a montage of blood sex and violence. sadly i cant find it

lol i found it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOq6-1OLIyQ

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

mod manson into dark souls imo

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Meme Emulator posted:

So uh, does anyone know what happened o Dr Disrespect yet

No one has any idea and there are a ton of rumors around about it. IMO the one that I heard that I think is the most plausible is that he committed sexual assault and Twitch shitcanned him and cancelled his contract over it when they found out

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Due to the steam sale, the wolfenstein games, and sniper elite are on sale, so you can shoot Nazis

Number 8
May 12, 2020

by Athanatos
i got obra dinn and outer wildss

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Number 8 posted:

i got obra dinn and outer wildss

i haven't checked out yet but my cart has

obra din
metal gear solid 5
doom 2016
hitman 2016

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/animegirleng/status/1277508091014262785?s=21

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

is divinity: dragon commander worth four dollars? i remember people talking about it for a minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

This is the superior version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yTVjUY9wMg