Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
Ep. 72: Another Kind Of Gritty Realism

The desks, podium, and chalkboard are all here already, just shoved haphazardly aside by Chaz. Sam turns them all right-way-up and plops them back into place. After that, it's just a question of making this a Fun and Tech-y place to Learn.

There are two small rooms off to the side. Sam makes this one into a computer room (and also installs a security camera, as this is a school and children must be monitored at all times).

This can be the conference and media room. Good for those horrible group projects. Also, security camera (to keep an eye on those untrustworthy adolescents).

And plenty of books in the main room.

Slap on some paint (and a robot) and we're through!

She doesn't say a word, just gives us our reward.

Sweeet.

We exit the building to find everybody standing around and chattering.

: Wanna come?

: (We're gonna talk about boys!)

: Hee hee!

: Sure! That sounds fun.

Oh, boy! Talking about boys! Sam's favorite activity! He acknowledges this invitation with a nod.

The girls head out, Liberty with a giggle.

: Come check this out.

is it your phone

because we've seen it

: Apparently Chaz has some stunt he's just gotta show us.

: C'mon, Buddy, this is so cool it'll melt your face off.

: Neat!

: Sam, once you're done talking with Liberty and Summer, you should come check it out!

Well, I don't know. Are we going to talk about girls? Anyway, Sam smiles and waves.

: I'm going to head to my office so I can relax in MY favorite way: grading papers!

She heads out. Sam considers. What to do first?

Change into his new uniform, of course. He really wants to fit in. Being popular feels so good!

On his way to hang out with the girls, Sam stops to pull some weeds. All the trees on this island are orange trees, so the first weed gives us Oranges. The second weed is our first reliable source of Pencils, the third weed is Chocolate, okay, and the fourth weed is...

... Beach Party Morcubus!

This chest contains Mana, Silver, and a single bar of something called Kaiserium! Neat.

Mana and Simoleons.

Trying the weeding chain again results in the Ol' Gabby Figurine popping out with the third weed. Fourth weed is Octopuseseses. This is where we would have found Octopus Essence for the first time if Sam was gross and never washed his hands.

Sapphires, Amber, Mana.

Mana and a present!

Yaaaay.

The mining wall back behind the dorms: Metal, Chocolate, Platinum, and Mana.

Digging nets us Pencils, Electrobits, Sapphires, and Mana.

Shaking down all those Oranges lets us finish one of the Scrolls we've been carrying around forever, so we go drag Lyndsay out of the girl horde to cater to our needs.

: Oh, this stuff looks so cool!

She never says anything else any more. :sigh:

Seriously some Hogwarts poo poo going on in Sam's life right now. Anyway. Sam gets a bunch of Elegant stuff: Elegant Bed, Blue Elegant Chair, Elegant Coffee Dining, and End Tables--man, 'elegant' already does not even look like a word--an Elegant Recliner and Sofa, and some Elegant Paints. Elegant!

Anyway, let's girltalk. Summer is so excited that she's doing her cheerleading routines.

: YES! It's going to be beautiful! I can't wait!

: Are you going to dance with any boys, Liberty?

Liberty bursts into helpless giggles.

: Well, there is a certain boy I'm hoping will ask me to dance...

: Aw, Lib! You can't just stand around waiting! You should go right up to that boy and tell him you want to dance!

: R-really?!

: Are you asking a boy to the dance, Summer?

Dun dun dunnn!

oh no

: I'm just waiting for the perfect moment to perform it.

: Wow, that's... elaborate.

: Well, just between us, I think it's kind of obvious that he likes me.

:smith:

: We should find out if there's anyone Travis likes...

Summer is enthused by this plan. Liberty, not so much.

Time to pretend to be Travis' friend long enough to find out if he likes anybody! ... help, I am having flashbacks to my own time in junior high, may barf

---

Next time on MySims Kingdom: But do you liiiiiiiiike anyone~?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
We already know who is Travis' only love.

Both girls are going to be disappointed. :smith:

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!
While not on topic for the island we're currently on, it was brought up earlier that Yuki isn't actually a vampire, just a huge vampire fangirl, right? Was there ever an explanation given for Carl, the zombie butler? I assume he's actually a zombie, but is his cause of death (And / or reanimation) ever addressed?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
He butlered so hard that he died, then came back to life because there was more butlering to be done. Obviously. Though, that was a long time ago and he has since chilled out.

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!

Serious Frolicking posted:

He butlered so hard that he died, then came back to life because there was more butlering to be done. Obviously. Though, that was a long time ago and he has since chilled out.

You know, in a game this cutesy and fun, I would honestly believe an answer like that. "I died from over-butlering myself. But I never finished the cooking that day, so I got back up and got back to work!"

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

ousire posted:

While not on topic for the island we're currently on, it was brought up earlier that Yuki isn't actually a vampire, just a huge vampire fangirl, right? Was there ever an explanation given for Carl, the zombie butler? I assume he's actually a zombie, but is his cause of death (And / or reanimation) ever addressed?

Most of the time, no. He just... is a zombie, because... I guess that happens. In the same way that there is a mummy Sim and there is a ghost Sim, neither of which really show up outside the original game.

In Agents, though, Carl's zombieness was a result of the Crown of Nightmares, that game's MacGuffin--either it turned him into a zombie or it just plain killed him, after which he came back from the dead because, uh, he just did.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Gotta say, relationship gossip loses its luster in a school with only two boys and two girls. Unless a dozen random nobodies in uniforms show up to pad out the dance there isn't that much suspense.

Unless Buddy and Lyndsay have to dance, of course. Hold on, maybe I should get a grid...

Miniature Moose
Mar 14, 2009

Picayune posted:

Change into his new uniform, of course. He really wants to fit in. Being popular feels so good!

Of course he's popular. He's Harry Freaking Potter!

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
Ep. 73: A Game Of Telephone

Gotta find out if Travis likes anybody! Let us begin this act of adolescent bonding with a terrible joke.

Can't talk about Summer yet, that'll tip our hand! Being edgy seems risky, too--Chaz is edgy and Travis doesn't like him all that much. Therefore, we'll fall back on Sam's dance skills.

Sam does his best TOBOR impression.

If we talk to him about phones, we will be here all day. BELLY BUMP, TRAVIS

... this screenshot is disturbing

Also, bellybumping just makes him playful again. (Disturbing.) So let's take a risk and talk about Summer.

Nothing definitive came out of that. We are still being a couple of teenaged boys, so let's AIR GUITAR

BWANG

Playful again! Fine, fine, we'll take the plunge and talk to Travis about... gulp... phones.

... Sam is a traitor to his perceived gender.

Travis is giggling. I promise. Not whispering secrets, not attempting to kiss on Sam.

Mehuyael called it!

what am I doing with my life

This disappointment breaks up the girltalk festival. Time to go see Chaz's stunt!

Also, to open this chest full of Chocolate and Mana.

Oh, right, the girls were on the dock. We can catch Seahorses here, in addition to Electric Eels and Octopuses.

But back to Chaz.

: Of course, we won't find out until you power it up, sooo... power it up.

No sweat.

... it's probably a bunch of Chaz-branded t-shirts.

: YES! Let the first annual Chaz McFreely EXTREME-Off begin!

: You're stalling. Get in!

: Fine!

: Try to survive!

Travis grabs the handholds, and the Extreme-O-Tron begins to spin.

Travis is flung out of the Extreme-O-Tron and lands on his non-existant rear end with a whump.

Buddy cheers because his new friend is alive. Sam sighs because his new friend did not conquer. Chaz just points and laughs.

: Oh, c'mon, I bet that was way cooler than studying with Liberty!

Whoops.

---

Next time on MySims Kingdom: Ugh, BOYS.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
...is Sam going to have to build a second floor, and then talk Liberty down from it?

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
Ep. 74: Welcome To The Friendzone, Population: Well, Everyone, Really

: Maybe I can give her something to tell her I'm sorry.

: Maybe you can make something for her.

: Yeah! Good call, Buddy. I can make her a friendship bracelet. Maybe you guys can help me find good materials.

Sure, I've got some Embroidery Floss Essences kicking around somewhere.

The game either glitches or skips right to this point, because Sam is actually already carrying all the stuff that Travis wants.

Sapphires and Platinum! For a friendship bracelet! I guess that kind of stuff becomes less meaningfully expensive when you can just sort of pick it out of the wall behind your dorm, but drat!

: Yes! Thanks, Sam, I bet you she loves it!

Meanwhile, Liberty is waiting for the painfully late Travis.

She paces back and forth.

: He walks up, and you just ask him to the dance. That's not so hard, right?

: Oh! H-hi, Travis!

: Hey.

: I have something to say.

: Okay, but me first. I made you something! It's a friendship bracelet!

:smith:

: 'Cuz we're such great friends, and I'm really sorry I was late, okay?

: Yeah... friends.

: So, what were you gonna say?

: Um... nothing. I... I gotta go.

: Oh, Liberty. Why can't you just tell Travis how you feel about him?!

But just around the corner...

: I had no idea you liked Travis, too! What are we gonna do? I have to find out if Travis really likes me or not!

Summer considers this for a moment.

: I know! If Travis offers to help me find our school mascot, he'd have to like me!

Meanwhile:

Sam is ambling around being popular.

Also, cashing in his Pencils.

Sam gets an Archway Base Block, a fat-bodied Hotel Column and Corner Column, a Chimney, a Small Flat Roof, a Tudor Dormer, Tudor Roofs in Mansard and Gable, and the ubiquitous Academy Brick Paint!

Right. Let's go be a witness to the unfolding tragedy.

: Hey, Summer, you were looking for me?

: Yeah, our mascot's run off again. Could you please help me find him?

: Of course, Summer! Anything for you.

Tee hee! Meanwhile, Sam is completely unable to get over this poo poo.

: Thanks, Travis! I don't know why Filbert keeps running off like that.

: Well, why don't we try decorating his pen for him? I bet he'd love that.

: That's a great idea!

... she says, giggling and cooing.

: Thanks, but unfortunately I'm no good at decorating. Hey, Sam, could I call on your awesome Wandolier stylings again?

Sam nods, because this is his lot in life now.

: Thanks, Sam.

She turns back to Travis and goes back into giggle-and-coo mode.

: Thanks, Travis. You guys so rock!

Logic!

Let's cute this place up.

You know what's cute? PINK.

: Yay! Filbert's home is perfect. Thanks, Sam!

Suddenly:

h-holy

: Can you please help us bring Filbert home?

The gigantic Filbert is over here in the gym.

: I sure hope you can get Filbert home. Summer really cares about him!

It sure would be easier if he didn't like to run away from me!

Sigh. Sam herds the giant hedgehog out of the gym and across the green, towards his pen.

Get in there, you little rascal!

... :unsmith:

Sam is moved to cheer wordlessly for himself.

: Filbert looks pretty happy. I think he'll stick around now.

: Thanks for doing this for me, Travis. In fact, I think I have a special cheer just for you...

: Oh, you don't have to do anything special!

Summer reels in shock.

: What?

: That's just what friends are for. Really. I would have done it for anybody here.

: Yup! Well, you keep an eye on Filbert. I'm heading back to the dorms. Later!

Ooh, she mad.

STOMP STOMP

Summer shakes her fist in Sam's face.

Summer stomps off, not waiting for her answer.

LOL IUNNO

---

Next time on MySims Kingdom: How will we fix this one? Same way we fix everything: with decorations!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Dress as a hedgehog, that'll solve everything!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Angry Summer is fantastic.

Sketchie
Nov 14, 2012

Plot twist:

Travis actually like likes Sam Chaz Rosalyn.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
Oh man, I wish I could remember Summer's reaction when you play as a girl. I think it involves more sympathy than shrugging, but I may be imagining things.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Travis likes Buddy.

: I think you're pretty swell too, pal!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Nah, Travis' love is from a different island. Her name's Siri.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, you wouldn't know her, she goes to a different school.

Travis, this is the only school.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Come on, Travis, you've got to wake up and smell the boilerplate college-romance-drama plotline or else you'll wake up one day to realize you're twenty five with nothing but a communications degree and a pile of obsolete personal electronics to show for it!

I'm on Team Liberty.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]

Dolash posted:

Come on, Travis, you've got to wake up and smell the boilerplate college-romance-drama plotline or else you'll wake up one day to realize you're twenty five with nothing but a communications degree and a pile of obsolete personal electronics to show for it!

I'm on Team Liberty.

Have you been stalking me again?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Is it possible to get a gif or something of Summer stomping? It looks adorable.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

Waffleman_ posted:

Is it possible to get a gif or something of Summer stomping? It looks adorable.

I wasn't sure how well it would work with the constantly-popping text boxes, but it turned out better than I thought! Here are some GIFs!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Travis really does sound like he's in love with somebody. Or he's reading a little Jay T. Dawgzone.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Why did they give Summer's portrait a goatee beard?!

EDIT:
VVVVVVVVV That's a relief...

Ghostwoods fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jan 10, 2015

RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

Ghostwoods posted:

Why did they give Summer's portrait a goatee beard?!

That's the inside of her ponytail. In the original Sims, character heads and bodies were modeled as two separate objects, and the character portraits showed the head by itself. This created some visual weirdness in characters with long hair.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Sketchie posted:

Plot twist:

Travis actually like likes Sam Chaz Rosalyn.

We already know from the Agents LP he likes Makoto. Well, vice-versa at least. :colbert:

Sketchie
Nov 14, 2012

RoeCocoa posted:

That's the inside of her ponytail. In the original Sims, character heads and bodies were modeled as two separate objects, and the character portraits showed the head by itself. This created some visual weirdness in characters with long hair.

Well, Summer DOES look handsome with a goatee... :allears:

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

That one frame of smiling, while probably unintentional, is marvelously unsettling.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
Ep. 75: Extremely No

Fortunately, Summer doesn't stay mad long. Or, at least, she's not mad at Sam.

But what is Chaz doing with that measuring tape? Surely, as a Wandolier, Sam must butt in.

: So look, I finally got permission from ol' Roz to redecorate our dorm. Now I COULD just throw up a couple posters, but that's not exactly Chaz Style, am I right?

: And what would be 'Chaz Style', Chaz?

This does not go over well. I'm not sure why. Skate park!

: I'm gonna go train in the Extreme-O-Tron 'til it's ready. Work fast, I wanna be bustin' mad tricks within the hour.

Chaz chazzes out and the two of us watch him go. Travis then turns to Sam.

Sam nods.

... you guys, I think Travis really is that clueless.

: I wonder what Summer and Liberty would want...

Travis thinks hard.

: Sam, maybe you could find out! Just be sneaky so they don't catch on to what we're doing. Maybe if you socialize with them...

: Could you find out what Summer wants in the dorm? While you're at it, find out what Liberty wants too!

Still angry. Crap. Let's see if we can't calm her down a little. No, let's not talk about phones right now. So, Summer, about cheerleading...

That's better. Now, then. Navigating this cheer-flavored conversational minefield requires us to not be killed horribly, so we are not going to remind her of Travis, and we are not going to tease her. Instead, we'll go along with her playful mood and throw some confetti.

Sam carries a bag of everything on his person. It's just part of being a Wandolier.

Cheer! Cheer!

Well, she seems better. Let's try talking about Liberty. Maybe Summer can tell us what Liberty likes to do.

... whups. Um. Um. I'm sorry? Cheer up?

Thaaaaat's better. Okay, time to cheer until you drop, Sam.

We do Cheer #1, and then Cheer #2, and then the fabled Cheer #3!

YAAAAAY HOGS

ow

You know, I'll bet I could have predicted that even without all the cheering. Let's go find Liberty.

I know! It's so weird! It's like they're actually Sims!

Liberty is being sad on the docks. Let's cheer her up.

there there I'm sorry the boy you have a crush on is a clueless monster

Now, Sam happens to have a memory that stretches back to his past lives, and thus he knows, instinctively, that Liberty really really likes snakes.

Maybe not the best time to talk about Travis. Let's just tell her a joke. Not that one.

This makes her feel friendly towards us again, but then Sam makes the mistake of mentioning something about Summer, which upsets Liberty all over again, so Sam has to cheer her up again. He decides to do this via tickling.

gonna gitcha

Aww, we cheered her up. Good for us. Now she'll obsess over Sam instead.

Liberty likes Nature! I am sensing some flowers in Sam's future. Back to Travis.

: We'll decorate with a Nature theme for Liberty! Sweet!

He hands us this Scroll to use. Probably checked out of the library. Oh, well. Mine now!

---

Next time on MySims Kingdom: We give the dorms a total non-skate-park makeover, basically just to spite Chaz.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
You should make a skate-park instead of Travis' room. The guy can probably find a shelter app on his phone.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Mehuyael posted:

You should make a skate-park instead of Travis' room. The guy can probably find a shelter app on his phone.

Travis can sleep in the Extreme-O-Tron.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Mehuyael posted:

Can we just not build anything for either of them? Both boys here are dorks.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Mehuyael posted:

Agreed. I hear Airbnb is totally a thing that exists in this magical kingdom.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

Glazius posted:

Agreed. I hear Airbnb is totally a thing that exists in this magical kingdom.

And thus Travis wound up sleeping in the visitors' center at Renee's Nature Preserve, helping to feed the bears.

I see no problem with this arrangement.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
Ep. 76: Dorm Life

Sam needs Oranges to complete the Scroll that Travis gave him. We can get those.

NOT IF I GET THERE FIRST

whee

Sam passes enough time riding the Extreme-O-Tron that the Oranges regrow. Time to Scroll!

Sam gets a pile of Books, a Microscope, a Penguin (-shaped cookie jar), an Alien statue, a random Tire, a Tulip Pot, some Reptile Paint, and some Interlocking Diamonds Paint! Okay then!

: ... and, why not, we'll throw in a LITTLE bit of fun for our buddy Chaz!

Common area, girls' room, boys' room.

We'll start with a cool techy bed for Travis. Note that he requires Fun for Chaz, Tech for himself, and Cute for Summer; he does not bother to require Nature for Liberty at all. That is terrible, Travis. You are terrible.

Cute bed for Summer, Nature bed for Liberty (behind the wall), and... we do not actually have a Fun bed, so Chaz gets a completely-non-extreme Traditional bed. Suck it, Chaz.

Computers are probably important, as are the security cameras in each bedroom to make sure that the kids don't get up to anything inappropriate.

And a hot tub. Why not?

: Yes! That's an awesome start, Sam. Now let's hook up the outside so we can really wow Summer and Liberty.

Yep, definitely flowers in my future.

Sam makes the building bigger and puts on a new roof, then flowers this poo poo up.

: it's perfect!!! Let's show the girls!

: It's PERFECT! Sam, you are a master!

: Oh, it's... it's beautiful. It's incredible!

: Sam, did you make this? I love it!!!

Sam nods.

: That was soooooo sweet of you guys. Thank you, Travis.

: Of course, Lib! You totally deserve it. You guys both rock!

The girls seem happy, but...

Chaz comes running up.

:allears:

: Not cool, dude. Very not extreme. You and me, we're gonna settle this at the dance.

: I don't know what that even means.

... a dance-off?

or that

: I think you're forgetting something: I'm the Chaz-Man! Victory is assured!

Chaz struts off. From offscreen:

: See ya at the dance, chump. Bring a hankie!

grr

: Thanks, Lib.

oh no, sad faces

: I don't think Ms. Rosalyn REALLY falls for Chaz's 'It's all for the school' schtick. You've gotta win!

: Thanks, Summer.

Great. Now everyone is upset.

... except Buddy, who has his priorities in order, as usual.

---

Next time on MySims Kingdom: The countdown to the big dance begins!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There's a hot tub, which means Leaf will show up, which means he'll win the dance off and become King of Cool.

Really these students need to learn a bit of humility, so who better to teach'em than a member of the most snobbish race in existence?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

It's a pity to see talking about Liberty and Summer made the girls sad, the whole love triangle thing appears to be straining their relationship. Hopefully neither of them gets stuck with Chaz at the dance.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Sadly, I know exactly where this whole dorm thing is going to go. Chaz is just going to grind the planters and completely mess up the flower beds. You should have made him that skate park, TRAVIS.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

Glazius posted:

Sadly, I know exactly where this whole dorm thing is going to go. Chaz is just going to grind the planters and completely mess up the flower beds. You should have made him that skate park, TRAVIS.

Sam's going to be replacing those every year for the rest of his life. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miniature Moose
Mar 14, 2009
At least it'll give Sam a steady job for the rest of his life.

On a side note, I just love all the "angry" animations of the characters.

• Locked thread