Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Orange Devil posted:

I think you need a B to get TBI

This is actually a myth. Even people without brains can get a traumatic brain injury if the injured brain is inserted into their body during the incident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

VoicesCanBe posted:

How is she this funny

I'll admit that at this point I would almost think Barlow was doing a bit if the rest of her account and publication history wasn't completely dedicated to proving that, no, she is absolutely Like That and is dedicated to earning her Fartlow nickname as hard as possible. Being immersed in fascism 24/7 absolutely does things to brains.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Ardennes posted:

mind alternating substance

another wonderful Ardennesism

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

lobster shirt posted:

in the future i would liek to request that we not post other social media accounts of random israeli soldiers, thank you

When trashy tony quotes are banned, only the banned will post trashy tony quotes

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Ytlaya posted:

This is actually a myth. Even people without brains can get a traumatic brain injury if the injured brain is inserted into their body during the incident.

injured by a traumatized brain

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Ytlaya posted:

psychonauts-rear end neuroscience

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

OctaMurk posted:

dont need ketamine to be deluded and/or dumb

Well, whatever the cause before, we have a pretty good idea of why she's dumb now.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

It’s an amazingly stupid way to injure yourself forever

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Egg Moron posted:

posting is good actually

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Egg Moron posted:

but for a brief moment, excellent content was generated

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Q: How do you tell if an IDF Soldier has brain damage
A: 🔻

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

lets see if that turns up in your christmas crackers

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Otoh, pension for life, guaranteed 100% disability, plus hearing loss award, and there's video evidence so a slam dunk.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

ff do you make everyone wear the paper crown while reading off their riddles/jokes???

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty
norway bahrain and the seychelles are coming for them, they're done.

https://twitter.com/IranObserver0/status/1736865214958641251?t=Qt2PFU5F_Tbj7RLgjkQ5pw&s=19

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Al! posted:

ff do you make everyone wear the paper crown while reading off their riddles/jokes???

my interpretation is wearing a paper crown makes you an anti-monarchist, which is good :canada:

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Frosted Flake posted:

Otoh, pension for life, guaranteed 100% disability, plus hearing loss award, and there's video evidence so a slam dunk.

Not if Israel's economy collapses. If that happens I bet we'll see the same thing as what's happening in Ukraine, with family members running GoFundMes to try to provide for the soldiers who got discharged with 'non-combat' shrapnel injuries.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Frosted Flake posted:

assuming it didn't rupture organs and kill her lol

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

HazCat posted:

Not if Israel's economy collapses. If that happens I bet we'll see the same thing as what's happening in Ukraine, with family members running GoFundMes to try to provide for the soldiers who got discharged with 'non-combat' shrapnel injuries.

I was actually trying to parse the Foundation and Unit for Discharged Soldiers and Rehabilitation Department, because it kind of seems like Israel is already like that. It's possible that it's just because they put the bare bones info in English and they actually have well documented and guaranteed veterans benefits, explained in Hebrew.

"As Israel's leading institution supporting the country's veterans, the Fund provides financial grants and a financial deposit, benefits geared toward assisting the veterans in completing their studies and higher education, as well as vocational training and professional guidance.

The Fund is committed to reaching as many of the country's discharged soldiers and service members as possible, informing them of their rights and benefits available to them, and helping them reintegrate into civilian life."

Is a bit wishy washier than I would expect from a country perpetually at war.

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS
pension for life don't mean poo poo when you're clapping for apple sauce every day.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Spergin Morlock posted:

assuming it didn't rupture organs and kill her lol

hope she had her pampers on

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

and "The department's mission is to assist Israel's disabled and/or injured veterans in their journies to recovery and return to civilian life. This is accomplished by providing veterans with effective social services and financial support.

The rehabilitation process may be both long and challenging. To account for this, department activities are executed by a multi-disciplinary team using a holistic approach to medical, social, employment, and welfare services. Each team is led by a portfolio manager who is responsible for an individual veteran and works with professionals from relevant fields."

Seems like they don't flatly grant befits but you have to access everything through a case manager. If their case managers are swamped, say by an unexpectedly destructive war, people are going to be waiting for programs and benefits for years.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Zohar posted:

https://twitter.com/IranObserver0/status/1736865214958641251?t=Qt2PFU5F_Tbj7RLgjkQ5pw&s=19

no subtlety in this operation name

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Spaced God posted:

Where is the smarxist edit of "it's the third infantada Jerry"

from earlier in the thread, there's this

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

text editor posted:

no subtlety in this operation name

"We don't care how many people we kill, the treats WILL be delivered"

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Oil took a decent bump up from BP, $78

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 00:18 on Dec 19, 2023

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Zohar posted:

lmao everyone knows that regardless of the long term implications anser allah is going to absolutely obliterate the first ship sent at them

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Zohar posted:

the real interesting part is the Saudis being against bombing Yemen

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

Frosted Flake posted:

The Fund is committed to reaching as many of the country's discharged soldiers and service members as possible, informing them of their rights and benefits available to them, and helping them reintegrate into civilian life."

I feel like you would just say "The fund is committed to reaching every discharged soldier" unless its been legally demonstrated several times that you don't even come close to reaching everyone.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

and the UAE. The two major belligerents of 7+ years of war don't want to do it. I would like to know the reasoning.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Well they tried it for 8+ years. It doesn't really work; they've basically lost that war and the conflict is mostly frozen now.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Pulcinella posted:

I feel like you would just say "The fund is committed to reaching every discharged soldier" unless its been legally demonstrated several times that you don't even come close to reaching everyone.

lol jfc good luck to the people with burns, TBIs and amputated limbs from all of those knocked out AFVs, seems like this will be an uphill fight

After 1973 Israeli society was bummed out by veterans, I'm curious how things are now.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Frosted Flake posted:

I was actually trying to parse the Foundation and Unit for Discharged Soldiers and Rehabilitation Department, because it kind of seems like Israel is already like that. It's possible that it's just because they put the bare bones info in English and they actually have well documented and guaranteed veterans benefits, explained in Hebrew.

"As Israel's leading institution supporting the country's veterans, the Fund provides financial grants and a financial deposit, benefits geared toward assisting the veterans in completing their studies and higher education, as well as vocational training and professional guidance.

Is a bit wishy washier than I would expect from a country perpetually at war.

Surely, Israel will be the first country to provide adequate support to its injured soldiers.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

lol jfc good luck to the people with burns, TBIs and amputated limbs from all of those knocked out AFVs, seems like this will be an uphill fight

After 1973 Israeli society was bummed out by veterans, I'm curious how things are now.

in highly militarized, racialized societies injured vets are only useful to trot out now and then to drum up hatred against the racial enemy. otherwise theyre considered losers: people who werent heroic enough not to get injured

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

hadji murad posted:

and the UAE. The two major belligerents of 7+ years of war don't want to do it. I would like to know the reasoning.

I would imagine it would be something like, 'trying to start the war with Yemen while they are attacking Israel would be the fastest way to get killed by our own people.'

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

hadji murad posted:

they don't want their oil infrastructure being knocked out again

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Al! posted:

in highly militarized, racialized societies injured vets are only useful to trot out now and then to drum up hatred against the racial enemy. otherwise theyre considered losers: people who werent heroic enough not to get injured

And they're right. gently caress the troops, hope they all loving eat their own guns.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Al! posted:

See also: The USA, the not-jokes about how veteran's affairs is the real killer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i think the internalized logic goes: the hated enemy are stupid mindless animals, so if you got ganked by one thats because you were dumber than a beast