Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Augus posted:

Nito is a pushover so yeah definitely

A couple of bonewheels would gently caress Surge up though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Jose Oquendo posted:

Is Blaster Master Zero worth 5 bucks?

It's probably worth more than that and if you hundred percent it there's an extra world you should do for an extra ending.

The extra characters are fun for another run through although I got them free. It's short enough to finish in a day if you wanted and fun enough to run through again, much like the original.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
It's settled, Lt. Surge is gonna be my first Dark Souls 1 gimmick run

lazerus06
May 19, 2004

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Gamestop is selling LA Noire physical for 10 bux

Nintendo should at least match that for the digital or somethign

Where did you see this? I checked on their site and it shows $30 and $18 for used (I am in the US).

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Shoot, I already own most of the titles I want in that sale. If you don't have West of Loathing, though, I thought it was totally worth $15 and it's a steal at :10bux:.

If you somehow haven't played Bastion definitely pick it up for $12. The soundtrack alone is worth $12.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

lazerus06 posted:

Where did you see this? I checked on their site and it shows $30 and $18 for used (I am in the US).

https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/holiday/2018/BlackFriday/Flyer/BF/pdf/BF_Ad.pdf

Pg 8

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Bottom Liner posted:

Worth playing through both? They're both on sale so like $40 total.

EDIT: How's the Doom controls and performance? I haven't played it yet either.

I loved the first South Park game, picked up the Fractured but Whole on Switch, and have just not been interested in continuing it. Something about it just doesn't click with me as it did with Stick of Truth.

Doom is great though. Solid performance and controls great (turn motion controls on, seriously. Play every shooter with motion controls. It's a learning curve, but worth it in the end for better precision over other console shooter gameplay).

Now, Switch thread, forgive me but I had 1300 unread posts since I last read - is there a Goon group for Switch Warframe? I migrated my PC account and dialed in the controls, but I need access to a clan dojo for some weapons I want to build.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Paging Evil Eagle

Adding to the gigantic update is a new higher difficulty for Soul Melter called "Soul Melter EX". It's apparently going to be "astonishingly hard" as pictured by Kirby who for once is thinking he may of made a mistake.

:getin:

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

TheScott2K posted:

Edit: LMFAO $42 for Tropical Freeze. On Sale and it's more than it should have been at release

I think Wal Mart's doing a Physical Tropical Freeze for $35.

Only particularly good deal I've come across so far.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I can definitely vouch for Doom, the port has only gotten better since release with significantly improved performance, bug fixes, and gyro aiming which I really can't talk up enough. Doom with gyros is fantastic.

edit: Huh, I've still got a $20 eshop card left over from a birthday I've been saving for a rainy day. Fractured but Whole is 23.99, I'm really tempted.

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Nov 21, 2018

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/DOOM/status/965962815872921600?s=20

https://twitter.com/DOOM/status/965969699992416257?s=20

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

lmao

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

THE loving MOON posted:

edit: Huh, I've still got a $20 eshop card left over from a birthday I've been saving for a rainy day. Fractured but Whole is 23.99, I'm really tempted.

I think it's worth :20bux:. I paid $45 for the "Gold Edition" in like August and didn't really think it was worth it, but it's worth it if you like that type of humor at all. Plus, both it and Stick of Truth are legitimately good games, as far as raw gameplay is concerned.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Yeah this sale is great. Got Dead Cells, Battle Chef Brigade, Enter the Gungeon, Stick of Truth, and probably getting Mario Rabbids Gold edition as well.

Edit Hyperlight Drifter and Into the Breach too. Good day.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Nov 21, 2018

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Protocol7 posted:

I think it's worth :20bux:. I paid $45 for the "Gold Edition" in like August and didn't really think it was worth it, but it's worth it if you like that type of humor at all. Plus, both it and Stick of Truth are legitimately good games, as far as raw gameplay is concerned.

I played stick of truth when it first came out and you could just break the game over your knee before the balance patch. Fractured is a turn-based strategy rpg as opposed to the first which is basically a jrpg, right?

edit: Something to know about the sale on the gold editions for Fractured but Whole and Mario+Rabids- the dlc isn't actually on sale, it's still only the standard edition that's discounted. So if you're not sure about the dlc, just get the standard since you won't miss on any savings anyway.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I came so close to buying the $80 starlink package so many times. Phew!

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Oh gently caress, gyro aiming is all I ever wanted, I might actually pick this up now.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Dad Jokes posted:

Oh gently caress, gyro aiming is all I ever wanted, I might actually pick this up now.

It's absolutely worth it. The gyro controls give you the comfort of a controller and something close to the accuracy of mouse aiming- it's now my preferred control scheme for shooters. I hope Doom Eternal's Switch port launches at the same time as all the other versions, because that's the version I'll be getting no matter what.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I came so close to buying the $80 starlink package so many times. Phew!

It's really lame that Europe isn't getting these deals. Maybe it will? I have an American Debit card, I suppose I could make an American account. Once purchased I don't have to change back account every time? It just feels like a lot of trouble to go through.

I'd definitely pick up Hyper Light and Okami. Tempted for Starlink but I'm confident it'll go on sale again and likely for less.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Protocol7 posted:

I loved the first South Park game, picked up the Fractured but Whole on Switch, and have just not been interested in continuing it. Something about it just doesn't click with me as it did with Stick of Truth.

Doom is great though. Solid performance and controls great (turn motion controls on, seriously. Play every shooter with motion controls. It's a learning curve, but worth it in the end for better precision over other console shooter gameplay).

Now, Switch thread, forgive me but I had 1300 unread posts since I last read - is there a Goon group for Switch Warframe? I migrated my PC account and dialed in the controls, but I need access to a clan dojo for some weapons I want to build.

There is a Goon Dojo, The Solar Whales, but we got to start from the beginning and build it up like the main one. Hopefully I did this right. It's near the bottom of the channels. Get in NinTenno! https://discord.gg/VepUDA

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I wish DOOM sale was for physical

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

If it makes the decision any easier, Doom's multiplayer isn't on the cart and must be downloaded as an update to play the game (even single player) at all. So if you want Doom on the Switch, it's gonna be taking up a good chunk of your memory no matter what.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

THE loving MOON posted:

If it makes the decision any easier, Doom's multiplayer isn't on the cart and must be downloaded as an update to play the game (even single player) at all. So if you want Doom on the Switch, it's gonna be taking up a good chunk of your memory no matter what.
I know I shouldn't get my hopes up but this seems like a precedent to allow Dark Souls to get an audio quality upgrade patch one day, even an optional one. I played it on a plane recently through headphones (the real mile high club starts here) and the Taurus Demon boss music is so loving compressed you can hardly make out the melody. It's really a travesty.

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?
Katamari demo is up on the Japanese eshop, for anyone who wants to know how it plays on Switch.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

loudog999 posted:

Here is the page with Switch deals. I think I'm finally going to buy Doom for the third time.

https://happyholidays.nintendo.com/cyber-deals/#nintendo-switch

That is an amazing list of things that aren't:

Bayonetta 1
Bayonetta 2
Diablo 3
Dragon Quest Builders
Fast RMX
Iconoclasts
Mega Man Legacy Collection
Mega Man X Legacy Collection
TWEWY
Ys 8

:sigh:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

There's a not quite as cheap sale from Gamefly. Previously used but it comes with case and manuals and any other macguffins at launch. I doubt there was anything else other than the game at launch though.

https://www.gamefly.com/game/Doom/5014457

Mister Facetious posted:

That is an amazing list of things that aren't:

Diablo 3

:sigh:

Diablo 3 literally just came out so I doubt digital isn't going to be on sale anytime soon. Physical will probably be on a sale before then.

Instruction Manuel fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Nov 21, 2018

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I feel like expecting good Nintendo deals is just setting yourself up for failure.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Buying physical games for this perfect console :lol:

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Katamari drops the same day as Smash. Those monsters

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Are save files transferable between physical and digital copies of games? Im all digital, and a friend is willing to let me try their copy of Pokemon before I buy it. It’s not a dealbreaker if they’re not but it’d just be nice to know.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
All saves are on your system memory or sd card, and it doesn't matter if you switch from physical to digital.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Ys 8 not going on sale yet has been confusing. I'm not sure it's even budged in price much, I finally gave in and bought it with an ebay coupon today.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Jose Oquendo posted:

Is Blaster Master Zero worth 5 bucks?

Totally. I loved it on 3DS.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
mario odyssey is literally never gonna go on sale, huh

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Oxxidation posted:

Mario games only go on sale a generation later. Look for it on the Nintendo Switchback in 2022!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Stanos posted:

Ys 8 not going on sale yet has been confusing. I'm not sure it's even budged in price much, I finally gave in and bought it with an ebay coupon today.

I have never seen it go down in price and I check my wishlist every time I play.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Steam world Heist is also excellent, especially for 10 bucks.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Oxxidation posted:

It’s consistently $43 at many retailers

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

There's a few other notable games on sale too that weren't listed on the website.

Minit and Uurnog Uurnlimited are are both under $10 and are cool weird little games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

So wait, the cheapest way to get Donkey Kong is to buy physical from Walmart for $35? It’s not $20 or even $30 anywhere? Seriously 😒?