Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Here is the page with Switch deals. I think I'm finally going to buy Doom for the third time.

https://happyholidays.nintendo.com/cyber-deals/#nintendo-switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Macaluso posted:

The second one has much better combat but the first game is overall a better game

Worth playing through both? They're both on sale so like $40 total.

EDIT: How's the Doom controls and performance? I haven't played it yet either.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
:ducksiren: eShop dealz!:ducksiren:

Mighty Gunvolt Burst and Blaster Master Zero are both five bucks, and Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon is also on sale.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Heath posted:

:ducksiren: eShop dealz!:ducksiren:

Mighty Gunvolt Burst and Blaster Master Zero are both five bucks, and Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon is also on sale.

Can anyone tell if this Darkest Dungeon is the ancestral version that includes the DLC? The checkout page doesn't make that clear.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Bottom Liner posted:

Worth playing through both? They're both on sale so like $40 total.

EDIT: How's the Doom controls and performance? I haven't played it yet either.

Eh I think the first one is worth playing through, dunno so much about the second one. But if you're playing through them back to back maybe. I dunno to be honest

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

loudog999 posted:

Here is the page with Switch deals. I think I'm finally going to buy Doom for the third time.

https://happyholidays.nintendo.com/cyber-deals/#nintendo-switch

Man that... is a really bad sale.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Broforce is on sale. SALE REDEEMED

broforce is real good, buy it. The devs have been posting about a new update coming as well

E: Also LCU for $9? drat son

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

How do you think I feel? OoT and I share a birthday. I wish I was only 20 years old though lucky bastard.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I went to the mall in the late summer of 1998, I went into the EB Games and told the clerk that I wanted to reserve a copy of the new Zelda game and was told that he would "write my name down for the list" and I went about my merry way as a dumb 14 year old. A few months later, it's November 21st and I am a freshman in high school and I tell my dad that I need him to go to the mall and pick up this game for me because I need to play it as soon as I get home and I need to be able to bring it to Grandma's house for the long weekend. My dad agrees, takes my mom's brand new Subaru Forester to the mall and ends up rolling the car into a ditch to avoid a deer on the way. He was fine, the car was totaled though. He still goes to the mall and gets to EB Games and is told "hey man, we don't have his name on our list, sorry no game for you." Knowing my father, I am legit surprised he wasn't arrested, but I was told mall security was called. As someone who has worked retail, I feel bad for whoever was on the receiving end of his yelling. But I came home to a new copy of OoT, along with a bonus poster of Hyrule that I actually found a few days ago while digging through some boxes.

You have a good dad. :3: I love good dad stories.

My OoT story... I read about it in Nintendo Power for months... perhaps years? ahead of time. I had never played a Zelda, nor did I really know what a Zelda was, but the anticipation was infectious. I tried to rent the game from Blockbuster for weeks after it came out, but they were always out. Finally, I got annoyed enough to spend my Christmas money to just buy the game. My mom took me to KB Toys to buy it. It costs me $70, which was a good $20 more than games typically cost back then.

Worth every penny.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You think so? What kinda deals were you looking for?

I really like some of those prices....too bad I snagged a $200 Spiderman PS4 bundle or I'd be all over some of these deals, like doom or D5 or bloodstained. Hell, Mario rabbids is half off!

Anyways the point is there will probably be minimized KingSlime shitposts while I catch up on the latest PS4 games I've missed. Spiderman is so pretty, even on a non pro console and regular ol 1080 panel!

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

FIFA was cheaper literally two weeks ago.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The deals are fine but 50% of the Switch taxed price of $30 is still 50% MORE than the Steam sale price. Bloodstained for like $6 is pretty good though I'll probably grab that.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The sales are pretty weak but I might get Undertale and Hyper Light Drifter.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Switch games on sale means only paying what the price would normally be on another console what a deal

Edit: LMFAO $42 for Tropical Freeze. On Sale and it's more than it should have been at release

TheScott2K fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Nov 21, 2018

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

My OoT story. I didn't know much about Zelda before it came out. I asked my dad to rent me Rogue Squadron when it came out and he got me OoT because Star Wars was sold out. I rented it it quite a bit, but never started a new file. I kinda played around on the other files for a while. Eventually, they released that greatest hits version and my mom bought me a copy and I played through it so many times. Warm, fuzzy memories. I think I'm gonna watch that vaporwave Ocarina of Time video now.

I had become a big fan and was following Majora's Mask when it was just called Zelda Gaiden. I didn't know if I'd be able to get it when it came out, but my dad and I were at Best Buy and they offered him $500 in Best Buy money to switch to some lovely dialup service. He did it and bought a home theater system. It was a month before Majora's Mask came out but for some reason they had it available to buy so my dad got me it and an expansion pack.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
You guys aren't wrong, but historically Nintendo has been absolute poo poo with deals. I see this as a stunning sign of progress or reluctant compliance on their part. Like holy poo poo we actually have half off deals in a nintendo eShop! It's pretty cool, even with the switch tax accounted for

You want some sick deals, you're better off with steam or PSN. Horizon Zero Dawn and all DLC is currently $15, Last of Us is a cool $5, ughhhh I don't need any more games but at those prices?? They also gave me Yakuza for free, which I haven't even cracked open

Something is seriously wrong with me

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I played OOT with my dad a lot since I didn't know enough English to know what to do so he helped me figure it out.

My English vocabulary was pretty weird since I learned most of it from Zelda and Pokemon

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

So, about undertale, if I already know that the deal is not killing anyone is it still worth it or have I ruined the big surprise for myself?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
As long as you can tell people that your shorts are comfy to wear, all other forms of communication are superfluous imo

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

So, about undertale, if I already know that the deal is not killing anyone is it still worth it or have I ruined the big surprise for myself?

It's still a really fun game with fresh combat mechanics and good music. You're supposed to figure that approach out fairly early on so you haven't really ruined much imo

I love how the game adds an action/shmup element to dodging, more turn based RPGs need to do this asap.

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Nov 21, 2018

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

I got blaster master zero and castlevania bloodstained circle of the moon for nothing out of pocket with gold coins. It's a decent enough sale.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

If you didn't know it then it would be a surprise, but it doesn't detract from why people like it. It's actually probably better than you know.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

That's not a twist. Just play it with that in mind and have a good time.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Bottom Liner posted:

Can anyone tell if this Darkest Dungeon is the ancestral version that includes the DLC? The checkout page doesn't make that clear.

I still can’t figure this poo poo out if anyone knows a way

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

DLC Inc posted:

Xenoblade 2 shored up the dearth of Nopon in XCX but in exchange gave us Tora, who wasn't as bad as Tatsu but infinitely worse than Riki. The first Xenoblade curbed a lot of the worst anime tropes but the next two games definitely made up for that in spades.

Lol Xenoblade one is the most By the books JRPG out there. I never got where the idea is curbed a lot of tropes came from when it plays it so extremely by the book.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

Lol Xenoblade one is the most By the books JRPG out there. I never got where the idea is curbed a lot of tropes came from when it plays it so extremely by the book.

It had well executed voice acting and a great villain for the first half in Metal Face

E: also the clothing might be nonsensical if you look at it enough but the base costumes are so much more sensible than X2

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

KingSlime posted:

You guys aren't wrong, but historically Nintendo has been absolute poo poo with deals. I see this as a stunning sign of progress or reluctant compliance on their part. Like holy poo poo we actually have half off deals in a nintendo eShop! It's pretty cool, even with the switch tax accounted for

Nintendo started the greatest hits for $20 trend. But Zelda is charting at full price still, same for most of the first party games. You won't see them drop for real or start doing switch selects until they stop selling, which looking at the wii, is like another year out at least.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Skies of Arcadia is a great example of how playing by the book doesn't make a dull game

Anyway it at the very least took some risks with combat, even if it did crib heavily from the MMO playbook

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Is Blaster Master Zero worth 5 bucks?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Jose Oquendo posted:

Yes. It's one of the best feeling games you can play. It's really fun to just mess around in, the controls are very responsive.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

it helps to remember for about a good year or so us americans only knew xenoblade as this amazing rpg on the dying wii that those fuckers at nintendo wouldnt let us have

so it got suuuuuuper hyped up

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Brother Entropy posted:

it helps to remember for about a good year or so us americans only knew xenoblade as this amazing rpg on the dying wii that those fuckers at nintendo wouldnt let us have

so it got suuuuuuper hyped up

I mean I’m not saying it’s bad I actually like the game, it’s just a lot more flawed then I think people remember.

Like especially late game female armor is a lot more titty than you remember

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

oh yeah, xenoblade is good, goons just got really into riding it's dick for a few years there

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Also the main character of Xeno 1 only having one robot wife is a lot more tolerable

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
If you want to spend a little money on that sale I would recommend:

Okami HD
Thumper
West of Loathing

All of these games give immense bang for their buck.

Okami is on a whole other level of great gameplay (70+ hours before new game+) -> money spent
Thumper is a very unique experience, especially worth it if you have a good sound system hooked up
West of Loathing is hilarious, charming, and unexpectedly high quality given the lo-fi asthetic

Personally I am grabbing Enter the Gungeon because I have been meaning to play it forever.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Yeah that's a fair price. I played it through once (less than 4 hours?) and was done forever, YMMV

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

That was never a secret - the games trailer literally calls it "the friendly RPG where nobody has to die".

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Gamestop is selling LA Noire physical for 10 bux

Nintendo should at least match that for the digital or somethign

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Nintendo should at least match that for the digital or somethign

:lol:

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
FACT: Yesterday I beat Gravelord Nito on my first try, with half a health bar, 2 estus, toxic'd without blooming moss, and without knowing he was a great soul at all or what I was getting into

FACT: Yesterday Lt. Surge rocked my poo poo and I actually lost while playing a pokemon RPG :psyboom:

FACT: Lt. Surge could beat up Gravelord Nito

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Xenoblade is very cool with a great setting and plot for the first half and then it rapidly spirals into jrpg nonsense, which is also cool but in a different way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

THE loving MOON posted:

FACT: Yesterday I beat Gravelord Nito on my first try, with half a health bar, 2 estus, toxic'd without blooming moss, and without knowing he was a great soul at all or what I was getting into

FACT: Yesterday Lt. Surge rocked my poo poo and I actually lost while playing a pokemon RPG :psyboom:

FACT: Lt. Surge could beat up Gravelord Nito

Nito is a pushover so yeah definitely