Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Awesome! posted:

are you using the pob community fork

I was not! thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah the original version of pob is completely dead. most builds you find now wont work with it. all development now happens on the community fork.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Is there a way to see what seed of a Glorious Vanity changes what notables without buying them and trying it out? Looking for something specific and I cant find a list of what seeds do what where.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
No, they kind of suck in that regard. Your best bet is the community discord, be prepared to pay stupid amounts if you are after something specific.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Captain Foo posted:

What kinds of builds/ mechanics should your build be running to make the most out of a soul tether?

The biggest benefit of Soul Tether is that it allows your leech to continue even after you're at full health, which means from a practical standpoint that you're always leeching your maximum rate while fighting, even if you're purely life build.

I guess if you were hybrid, then it's cool that your life leech heals ES too? But hybrid builds are awful.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Also re. Bb boss damage there is also a cluster notable that gives arcane surge when you hit a unique assuming your build doesn’t get it from anywhere else.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

J posted:

I'd say something roughly like this, top of the list being first, with a budget-first cost effectiveness in mind. I'm assuming you don't have a giant pile of currency to throw around otherwise I'd re-order this list a bit.

i like faster casting on bladefall more than concentrated effect (fingerless gloves with shaper)
when you get a cinderswallow it's nice to use phase on kill on a jewel since you'll have a source of onslaught when mapping already
too much cast speed is kind of a trap because you'll run OOM faster, even though it increases your POB dps a ton
vaal rf is extremely powerful for the cost of 1 slot; if you can spare two, with increased duration it's enough to kill anything in the game

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I had some extreme hot bullshit on a Maven Challenge this weekend.

It had the rooster boss from Gorge, the thorny dog Harvest boss from the new Bramble map, and Rigwald. First Rigwald transformed and started chasing me, then the dog did the lashing vines attack to disable my movement skills and put me at like 10% movespeed, and then the rooster did Vaal RoA so I couldn't walk.

I imagine this would be very funny if someone lost their character to this in Hardcore.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Was the Metamorph doing way less damage than that was claiming? When I had Metamorphs cranked up beyond what was possible during Metamorph league, it seemed weaker than even original metamorphs.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Ultima66 posted:

I had some extreme hot bullshit on a Maven Challenge this weekend.

It had the rooster boss from Gorge, the thorny dog Harvest boss from the new Bramble map, and Rigwald. First Rigwald transformed and started chasing me, then the dog did the lashing vines attack to disable my movement skills and put me at like 10% movespeed, and then the rooster did Vaal RoA so I couldn't walk.

I imagine this would be very funny if someone lost their character to this in Hardcore.

still less bullshit than the brain summoning the racecourse reflect dude randomly

rip that german guy

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Devor posted:

Was the Metamorph doing way less damage than that was claiming? When I had Metamorphs cranked up beyond what was possible during Metamorph league, it seemed weaker than even original metamorphs.

Idk I played super duper conservatively...

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Mr. Grumpybones posted:

So at first I thought the atlas passives that give 30% more favor meant Ritual favor but now I think they mean the kind of favor that allows you to buy lawn chairs, candlesticks, floor mats, etc. from the quest giver? Disappointing if this is the case...

You get tribute from rituals, not favour.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

One set of lungs away from resurrecting the dude and killing him again for kicks.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Arrhythmia posted:

One set of lungs away from resurrecting the dude and killing him again for kicks.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Zenithe posted:

No, they kind of suck in that regard. Your best bet is the community discord, be prepared to pay stupid amounts if you are after something specific.

Dang, thats what I figured.

If the POB that I was originally working off of is right the one I am looking for is at least 120c.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
So I'm thinking of ditching Bleed bow and checking out Arc Archmage.

People seem to like Scion or Assassin - anyone have any thoughts?

Also, looking at an Esoro build guide for it, it looks like it's really cheap this league. Lots of uniques that are all dirt cheap. Is there any hidden cost I'm missing?

I see late endgame versions use Watcher's Eye, but that's all I'm really seeing.

Edit: also, atlas progress is shared between characters, yeah?

xZAOx fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jan 27, 2021

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Devor posted:

But hybrid builds are awful.
new inquis is kind of cool for hybrid builds

Spider Plant
Jan 1, 2007

A more dignified life-form.
My cyclone slayer has hit a bit of a brick wall on T13 rare maps, and I'm hoping someone could give me a few pointers of where to head with regards to gear. It's a little frustrating, as T11's were a little spicy in places (those porcupine fuckers, mostly) but I could at least see what was killing me and change my gameplan up. The last few maps totally wrecked me though, 100 to dead. This is also the furthest I've ever progressed in the atlas, and I've got about 300c to play with.

https://pastebin.com/VqLBRAHu

My problem is I'm feeling really locked into the int on my rings, despite them being low level, and I'm pretty sure my amulet and boots aren't doing me many favours either. I'm assuming the answer is "get more life". I'm just not sure where to start to make a meaningful change.

I've specced out of unwavering stance and butchery to move the points into life and another jewel socket, which has helped a smidge.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Wait. According to reddit Awakened PoE trade has been blocked. I'm still at work for a few hours. This true?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah. supposedly the trade overlay one still works though if you want to download that

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

xZAOx posted:

So I'm thinking of ditching Bleed bow and checking out Arc Archmage.

People seem to like Scion or Assassin - anyone have any thoughts?

Also, looking at an Esoro build guide for it, it looks like it's really cheap this league. Lots of uniques that are all dirt cheap. Is there any hidden cost I'm missing?

I see late endgame versions use Watcher's Eye, but that's all I'm really seeing.

Edit: also, atlas progress is shared between characters, yeah?

Atlas progress is shared between characters in the same league, yes.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Zotix posted:

Wait. According to reddit Awakened PoE trade has been blocked. I'm still at work for a few hours. This true?

Bex posted:

The trade site was being negatively affected by a third party tool. At one point 50% of our trade site traffic was coming from this tool. We’ve temporarily blocked it to fix the issue and spoken to the developer to let them the know the problem. The trade site should be working okay again now.

Isn't this like, not the first time that Awakened has run into trouble from GGG for loving up the trade site?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Trade friction baby

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
It's almost like 50% of the user base uses external tools because there's no in game support for trade searching.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

What does (did) Awakened trade do?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Probably didn't throttle traffic enough.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Apparently it auto searches by default as well as each time a nod is selected. I'm sure they just need to remove the live searching. Just switch it so it selects each mod you want and then searches. I think how it performs with control+alt+d is going to be the new normal.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

xZAOx posted:

It's almost like 50% of the user base uses external tools because there's no in game support for trade searching.

Er, no, 50% of the userbase doesn't use Awakened trade.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Searches trade and suggests rare prices badly.

It’s great for say, checking div card and base prices

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Arrhythmia posted:

Isn't this like, not the first time that Awakened has run into trouble from GGG for loving up the trade site?

last time it was trade overlay accidentally sending millions of requests in a day and getting someone banned.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Arrhythmia posted:

They said external tools, not awakened trade. There's more than one trade helper.

Awesome! posted:

last time it was trade overlay accidentally sending millions of requests in a day and getting someone banned.

3 people were locked temporarily, nobody was banned

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Poe trademacro sends its regards.

*stab*

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Arrhythmia posted:

I was exaggerating to make the joke to match Bex's comment :p.

It definitely does some throttling, because I've been seeing the queue thing a lot lately when I'm trying to spot check a batch of uniques or something. I wonder if there was a bug that let get around it.

And yeah, tbh I wish it didn't live search as you toggled things, but that might just be an option, I've never thought to look.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Magus42 posted:

They said external tools, not awakened trade. There's more than one trade helper.

Okay.

xZAOx posted:

I was exaggerating to make the joke to match Bex's comment :p.

:cheers:

Arrhythmia fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jan 27, 2021

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
All I want is the trigger craft to roll a new build in ssf and the hunt is driving me insane

gently caress betrayal

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Magus42 posted:

3 people were locked temporarily, nobody was banned
their account was unavailable for use until they removed the program and confirmed with ggg, whatever you want to call that.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

dyzzy posted:

All I want is the trigger craft to roll a new build in ssf and the hunt is driving me insane

gently caress betrayal

Pick up any and all weapons with a veiled suffix in rituals, you’ll get it soon enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Yeah I'm doing that, plus all the brute force contracts I find too. Just venting in the thread to improve my luck