Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Frankly anyone ordering a Tesla right now deserves what they get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then

Godholio posted:

Frankly anyone ordering a Tesla right now deserves what they get.
Entirely possible they also get exactly it what they wanted.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

A Tesla up their rear end?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then
A tesla. Good and bad.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Bum the Sad posted:

Elon won't give me my Tesla
The end of quarter rush is getting to full swing in North America, I placed my order on January 29th and just got a VIN number showing up in the source code of my order page today. In April a delivery appointment showed up for June 27th, so that's now two weeks away. Perhaps check your order page and see if there is a delivery appointment scheduled and or if a VIN is hidden in the source code. (Search the source code for '5YJ' which is the manufacturer code.)

If you aren't in North America... well, there's always next quarter.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

Indiana_Krom posted:

The end of quarter rush is getting to full swing in North America, I placed my order on January 29th and just got a VIN number showing up in the source code of my order page today. In April a delivery appointment showed up for June 27th, so that's now two weeks away. Perhaps check your order page and see if there is a delivery appointment scheduled and or if a VIN is hidden in the source code. (Search the source code for '5YJ' which is the manufacturer code.)

Yeah no hidden VIN yet but I did get a text like 11 days ago saying they expect it to be ready fo delivery in 2-4 weeks.

I ordered a Black LR AWD with black rimz

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Both my Tesla’s were off inventory , I got them 2 days after order.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Suck my dick you fuckman

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Bum the Sad posted:

Suck my dick you fuckman

hes in foreignland so it wouldnt even work for you

also, what the gently caress

Peanut3141
Oct 30, 2009

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

hes in foreignland so it wouldnt even work for you

also, what the gently caress

Looks like a case of Elon Derangement Syndrome.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Suck my dick you fuckman is a GBS term of endearment.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

bird with big dick posted:

It did seem to have a certain endearing cachet.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem
It’s reserved for those you love

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Nfcknblvbl posted:

:same:

(I only have one, though)

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

bird with big dick posted:

It comes from this, which is the Rick & Morty guy performing an actual court transcript from Georgia a couple of years ago. The uncensored version seems to have been pulled. The line in question is around the 6 minute mark, but the trip to get there is something special.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vN_PEmeKb0

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

Godholio posted:

It comes from this, which is the Rick & Morty guy performing an actual court transcript from Georgia a couple of years ago. The uncensored version seems to have been pulled. The line in question is around the 6 minute mark, but the trip to get there is something special.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vN_PEmeKb0

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xFCJEDx1cx4

Found it uncensored

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

I saw some model Ys with black paint on a truck out of the factory today. Maybe......? 😳

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

Westy543 posted:

I saw some model Ys with black paint on a truck out of the factory today. Maybe......? 😳

Yeah Black deliveries finally started the last week or two.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

It's going to be funny when it shows up with so many issues you have to reject delivery, then you can't buy another Model Y for a year

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

Indiana_Krom posted:

No VIN but I just got this text a few hours ago.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Bum the Sad posted:

No VIN but I just got this text a few hours ago.

Nice, I actually haven't gotten any text messages other than the very first one when I placed the order in January. I get the impression their teams who work on customer facing software aren't given as much of a budget sometimes. At least the actual people I have talked to have all been pleasant and have usually gotten back to me within a day or two.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

Indiana_Krom posted:

Nice, I actually haven't gotten any text messages other than the very first one when I placed the order in January. I get the impression their teams who work on customer facing software aren't given as much of a budget sometimes. At least the actual people I have talked to have all been pleasant and have usually gotten back to me within a day or two.

Indiana_Krom posted:

My adviser told me these texts come straight from the factory not her so they should be accurate as to where you are in the queue. I had gotten a text about 12 days ago saying “vehicle should be ready for delivery in 2-4 weeks” so it seems like things are moving along as scheduled.

Now I just gotta time selling my car to Carvana because Tesla is lowballing me a bit on the trade in compared to March.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Trade in offers are declining across the board. It's a buyer's market right now. Better hurry.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

MomJeans420 posted:

It's going to be funny when it shows up with so many issues you have to reject delivery, then you can't buy another Model Y for a year

I thought this was the case too, but apparently you can still refuse delivery and get another one. Someone on Reddit did and got another Y a few days later with no issues. Maybe it's only if you take delivery and then return it within 7 days?

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Westy543 posted:

I thought this was the case too, but apparently you can still refuse delivery and get another one. Someone on Reddit did and got another Y a few days later with no issues. Maybe it's only if you take delivery and then return it within 7 days?

Yep, exactly. In my case when I accepted delivery of my Model 3 Performance, I had them put into writing that they would fix an issue with the paint before signing anything.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Delays in getting a Y might be a good thing. https://arstechnica.com/cars/2020/06/tesla-reportedly-shipping-model-ys-with-significant-manufacturing-defects/

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

:filez: production ID.4 leaks: https://imgur.com/a/5CStvXX/

And in grey ("ID.4 X"): https://imgur.com/a/JaeYzLf

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:
Looks like a Rav4

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
it looks very generic

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

It's basically late 90s sedans again where you can't tell any of them apart at a glance.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

Indiana_Krom posted:

I got my VIN in the source today and a make a payment thing, called my advisor and she emailed me my MVPA!

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Bum the Sad posted:

I got my VIN in the source today and a make a payment thing, called my advisor and she emailed me my MVPA!

Praise Elon

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Hope it comes with seatbelts!

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

And if you're lucky: paint!

:laffo:

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem
buncha mad poors ITT

Elon Musk
Jun 2, 2020

X Ash AXII

Bum the Sad posted:

buncha mad poors ITT

:hfive:

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Okay, this joke account has been redeemed.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

Westy543 posted:

Okay, this joke account has been redeemed.

lol

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

While i can believe there are build issues, I would prefer to have it confirmed by an actual respectable and reliable source

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elon Musk
Jun 2, 2020

X Ash AXII
Linked in the ARS article.

https://electrek.co/2020/06/08/elon-musk-tesla-model-y-production-ramp-up-problem-leaked-email/