Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Sex with Hitler 2D was way better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I've always wondered what the exact opposite of Wolfenstein 3D is

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

I'm still wait on the sequel The Sex With Hitler

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Mordja posted:

Well? How is it?
SEX with HITLER 3D is amazing work. As a student of history I can say that I've played hundreds of games like this, and have shown little to no emotion. The games were just windows to a past I've never lived in, people who I never knew or would ever know. But this game made me stop and evaluate. Putting sex with Hitler in made me actually look at what is really happening. Putting something that everyone is familiar with in a situation that no one knows, and to make people feel those emotions well, that takes amazing talent. Thank You.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Mordja posted:

Well? How is it?

Grösster Ficker aller Zeiten.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Volte posted:

I've always wondered what the exact opposite of Wolfenstein 3D is
Concentration Camp Tycoon

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Rebel Blob posted:

Thanks for the recommendation Steam.

I like how "SEX" and "HITLER" are capitalized for emphasis.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

that's German for SIX with HITLER

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

how can i spend canadian dollars on a usa based steam account?

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Ugh, thanks to you guys I now wanna pop X Com 2 back in but I don't wanna make that kind of commitment right now.

I also bought Last Epoch/ I like it so far but it's still in Beta and I feel like i'm better off putting it aside at this point until the full game comes out.

And is it me or does it feel like Turn Based JRPGs just aren't a thing anymore unless I wanna dust off the roms?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

BigRed0427 posted:

Ugh, thanks to you guys I now wanna pop X Com 2 back in but I don't wanna make that kind of commitment right now.

I also bought Last Epoch/ I like it so far but it's still in Beta and I feel like i'm better off putting it aside at this point until the full game comes out.

And is it me or does it feel like Turn Based JRPGs just aren't a thing anymore unless I wanna dust off the roms?

I think there are quite a lot of them! Depending how old 'any more' is. I'm never quite sure how broad the definition is though. I play a lot of Siralim, does that count?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

BigRed0427 posted:

There's a big indie JRPG scene and there are a few good games there but you're definitely looking for needles in a haystack. Ara Fell, Brave Hero Yuusha EX, Child of Light, Rise of the Third Power and Slimes are the best I've seen and well worth checking out for fans of the genre.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

ultrafilter posted:

There's a big indie JRPG scene and there are a few good games there but you're definitely looking for needles in a haystack. Ara Fell, Brave Hero Yuusha EX, Child of Light, Rise of the Third Power and Slimes are the best I've seen and well worth checking out for fans of the genre.

Also Cosmic Star Heroine which is awesome all round, and Cthulhu Saves Christmas (by the same authors) for comedy value. They're both grind free and don't overstay their welcome, which is pretty refreshing considering the genre.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Ok, I'll check a few of them out. Thanks.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

BigRed0427 posted:

Dragon Quest, Bravely and Octopath all exist, as far as Square Enix goes. Kemco pumps out like 20 forgettable turn based jerppiggs a month, if you're desperate.

Basically anything GUST makes (Atelier, Blue Reflection) fits

also https://store.steampowered.com/app/1318970/This_Way_Madness_Lies/

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

FishMcCool posted:

Also Cosmic Star Heroine which is awesome all round, and Cthulhu Saves Christmas (by the same authors) for comedy value. They're both grind free and don't overstay their welcome, which is pretty refreshing considering the genre.

Zeboyd's new Shakespeare-themed magical girl RPG is coming out in four days as well. If you know you absolutely must play this game by that description alone, then that's another one to check out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJNN67ZpbeI

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

exquisite tea posted:

Zeboyd's new Shakespeare-themed magical girl RPG is coming out in four days as well. If you know you absolutely must play this game by that description alone, then that's another one to check out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJNN67ZpbeI

I'd rather have had a CSH2, but ah, that looks fun at any rate.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Persona and now Like A Dragon will probably remain turn-based until the end of time even with new directors coming in. Otherwise I feel like the focus has shifted to tactical RPGs, both from the big studios and the indies.

hell yeah

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Cicero posted:

Has there been any new boomer shooters with campaign coop? I know Doom and some other old ones have it, but the new indie ones never seem to.

Prodeus, as mentioned, is the only one I can think of.

Dusk has been supposed to get a coop campaign for a long time, but at this point idk when it will actually come out.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

A remake of the best turn-based JRPG releases in just 5 days!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Anno posted:

I don't think we have a date for DQ3 2DHD yet

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Rebel Blob posted:

I sigh as a draw my bat.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Anno posted:

Phantasy Star IV doesn't need a full remake, just a couple slight tweaks to the menus and maybe some nice Sega Ages curation would do

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Mescal posted:

how can i spend canadian dollars on a usa based steam account?
Change the account currency in account details?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

FishMcCool posted:

Yeah, CSH is good and if I were making a real list I definitely would've put it there.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Rebel Blob posted:

I really gotta wonder when a line gets crossed.

Like this kinda crosses it imo

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

It's not anime so Valve is alright with it

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

What causes those games to soar up to the top of the trending list everytime anyways. Do they use bots to generate artificial hype by constantly visiting the store page or what

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

I think a lot of people just want to have sex with Hitler. In 3D

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
To be fair I feel like if I was Hitler returned from the grave, and granted I am not, I'd probably feel far worse about being depicted as a sexual furry than any kind of Wolfenstein villain.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Kanfy posted:

To be fair I feel like if I was Hitler returned from the grave, and granted I am not, I'd probably feel far worse about being depicted as a sexual furry than any kind of Wolfenstein villain.

Even geriatric pissing himself Hitler in TNO?

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

So how are these Hitler games sold? Is there clearly some level of irony to them or is Steam letting Nazi poo poo fly as long as its marked "parody"?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

BigRed0427 posted:

So how are these Hitler games sold? Is there clearly some level of irony to them or is Steam letting Nazi poo poo fly as long as its marked "parody"?

I'm finding it pretty hard to see how a game that lets you play as Hitler ironic but that's just me I guess.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

BigRed0427 posted:

https://steamcharts.com/app/1849000

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Maybe they're just pumping them out hoping to get an appid that has 1488 in it

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Valve still lets like, outright anti LGBT propaganda games on steam so I think they don't care at all how much of a nazi you are even if these specific ones are dumb memes.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Well I filed a report on them anyway meme or not.

Kinda hosed up tbh

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Anyone tried Terror from the Void mod for Phoenix Point? It's supposed to be a big long war style mod for PP. I got PP in a bundle and never played much because of all the complaints and the early game didn't grab me either, but I still vaguely prefer og X-Com to new Xcom so I've always wanted to see the game succeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

what's valve's written policy on matters like hitler etc?