Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Well she was initially with AngerPEACE, right? I imagine that after all her friends got murdered, working with the BSNC was the next best way to piss daddy off. They've got a pretty decent cause going for them, too, if she's still doing the whole idealism thing. It is their ancestral land they're fighting for, even if they're dicks elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Crazycryodude posted:

Well she was initially with AngerPEACE, right? I imagine that after all her friends got murdered, working with the BSNC was the next best way to piss daddy off. They've got a pretty decent cause going for them, too, if she's still doing the whole idealism thing. It is their ancestral land they're fighting for, even if they're dicks elsewhere.

She was either with AngerPEACE or BSNC. Turns out it was BSNC. If she'd been with AngerPEACE from the start, she'd be dead right now.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
I'm glad to hear you have some good news on the cancer front and I'm glad this could be a bit of a distraction for you. Sending as many good vibes as I can your way.

Edit: PS I love that Herman Kornfeld is our accountant.

pthighs fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jun 23, 2017

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
SA Forums>Games>Let's Play>Strike Command: Because gently caress Cancer, That's Why

I'm proud to play my part in providing forums cancer to distract you from real cancer. :patriot:

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Wow, I'm glad to hear that you're doing well, Yooper. And I'm glad the thread is helping you so much.

Also gently caress cancer, you're a real trooper.

YooperTrooper :v:

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

There was a break in the weather long enough to stick up the S100 and a single Mirage. The Mirage burned rear end right for St. Lawrence and raced along one cloud line to the next. Ceiling drop from 7000 ft right down to 500 ft. Sparkmaster, at each frantic moment, weaved and dove, unsure if an infrared SAM was hot on his rear end. Then, like some 14th century baroque painting, the clouds parted and St. Lawrence was opened wide.

Holy gently caress.

Someone had a party like yesterday and didn't invite the Hired Goons. We'll break this down by area and try to paint a good picture. It's a flaming dumpster fire on St. Lawrence right now.

First the eastern end of the island. There's a big rear end landing craft half on fire, and half submerged about 500 meters off the coastline. Closer in we've got hazy contacts on another big rear end landing ship with some smaller boats smashed up on the beach. If you can call it a beach, it's just slightly smaller rocks then elsewhere. Scattered to the south is a small landing area with a handful of Blackhawks. Of interest is the Bradleys. Yes. The Bradleys. And also some M113's that look like mortar carriers. BSNCIceberg hired a PMC from the Alabama National Guard, Southern Comforts, that's got a bunch of Gulf War 1.0 gear. It looks like they're pushing west, but the terrain is loving terrible.

We've also got three skunks just South of them and holding. Our French frigates maybe?

Savoonga is beefed up with some additional depots and such. In the south the bay has half a dozen small landing crafts with a weird loving super yacht driven ride up onto the beach. Literally a $500 million yacht run aground. What the actual gently caress. She was last registered to some prima-donna reality TV star who was in big with AngerPEACE. We've got some potential contacts on those SSM's as well, near as we can guess they've got engineers working on stone revetments for them. I'd assume they have some Chinese manpads to go with it as well.

In the west we have Gambell. Their's definitely birds on the field, but we can't see what. Further south we've got an intermittent radar contact that is consistent with a Master-T. No SAM radar seen here, so I'd assume more MANPADs. We don't have any vehicle contacts on the west besides an old garbage truck and some civilian cars. BSNC has procured the services of a PMC called Pinochet's Legacy. They specialize in mountainous and cold weather ops. The Chileans appear to be infantry only and dug in tight. From what the sales literature says, these guys should be spot on for this type of job. We can expect about 400 of them, but about half are in support roles. But still, 200 elite infantry troops with cutting edge gear in white out conditions can lock this island down.

We can assume there is infantry on the travel corridors, MANPAD groups protecting key locations, and nasty air defenses closer to the airfields. It's worth noting that Sparkmaster never took fire from the Mamba even when just a dozen kilometers from Savoonga. Are they luring us in? Or are they out of missiles?

Link to our working map : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PEKYc8MwqjreCMk2iPNHoL8UyQo&usp=sharing

Herbert Kornfeld, our Accountant, has pointed out some financial inconsistencies. Mr. Hasegawa has been purchasing mass amounts of depressed shares of Mitsuhashi. SMARF is doing the same under a Filipino shell company. Curiously enough a Delaware registered firm is doing the same with what appears to be cash from BSNC. Zack has triangulated some of these trades and guess where it pings to? A Japanese speaking woman using an iridium line on St. Lawrence. Mitsuhashi corporate is making GBS threads their pants about 99 things, I figure we don't need to inform them about number 100. Keeping the client afloats is priority #1.

Cobbie sent a few boys down to Osaka to find Mr. Hasegawa and get some answers. Herbert sent an anonymous page of transactions to SMARF with the single message "WE KNOW MUTHAFUCKA" scribbled on the front.

1. Destroy the SSM batteries on Savoonga. The problem is we can't see the damned things with the weather.
2. Land Cobbie and 199 of his closest, angriest, soberest, friends on Savoonga.
3. Support Cobbie as he pushes inland, identifies and paints the targets. Kill everything Cobbie doesn't like.
4. Take and hold Savoonga for Mitsuhashi corporate.

Expect Iceberg to put their dick into the cake. Expect Blue Star to try to whack those choppers.

Oh, and to make matters worse, well, I'll let Mike Rowe explain the weather.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roc9VSnoMLM

It is loving nasty and guess what? It's only supposed to get worst.

We're the last people to the party, time to dance.

* Assume this to be a multi phase operation. We won't do this all at once. Think Landing. Advance. Hold.
** Cobbie has 8 MI-8's, each with 24 dudes.
*** Mixed up my PMC's. Iceberg has "Southern Comfort" while BSNC has retained "Pinochet's Legacy".

Yooper fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Jun 23, 2017

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Oh drat dude. gently caress cancer, but at least you're getting the meds you need to fight it (and free? whaaaaaaat).

LP update: Holy drat St Lawrence is going to be fun for Cobbie to do his thing on. Can we get Cobbie's guys to put GPS transmitters on things so we can JDAM/SDB/whatever them? If so, we might want to switch #s 1 and 2 around and land a team or 2 at Savoonga.

Additionally, fellow goons, Steam Summer Sale is on, and CMANO is $27.99 USD, 41.something with Chains of War in case you want lasers and poo poo.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Could we reach out to the daughter?

"You want to be free of your father. We want to stop the ship sinkings. We both see Iceberg as a threat. Is there any room for cooperation?"

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Doublepost

ANGERpeace has already turned Orcas to their cause!

http://nationalpost.com/g00/news/wo...?i10c.referrer=

quote:

Gangs of aggressive killer whales are shaking down Alaska fishing boats for their fish: report

The animals have learned to target individual boats, and are leading fishers on high-speed chases to get away

The orcas will wait all day for a fisher to accumulate a catch of halibut, and then deftly rob them blind. They will relentlessly stalk individual fishing boats, sometimes forcing them back into port.

Most chilling of all, this is new: After decades of relatively peaceful coexistence with cod and halibut fishers off the coast of Alaska, the region’s orcas appear to be turning on them in greater numbers.

“We’ve been chased out of the Bering Sea,” said Paul Clampitt, Washington State-based co-owner of the F/V Augustine....

John McHenry, owner of the F/V Seymour, described orca pods near Alaska’s Aleutian Islands as being like a “motorcycle gang.”

“You’d see two of them show up, and that’s the end of the trip. Pretty soon all 40 of them would be around you,” he said.

A report this week in the Alaska Dispatch News outlined instances of aggressive orcas harassing boats relentlessly — even refusing to leave after a desperate skipper cut the engine and drifted silently for 18 hours....

While fishing boats all across Alaska have reported harassment by orcas, the worst incidents all seem to be occurring in the Bering Strait, the body of water separating western Alaska from Russia.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

You guys are looking at this all wrong. The problem isn't that Mitsu is gonna collapse to a hostile takeover before we can get paid, it's that they're gonna collapse to a hostile takeover that we aren't party to.

The whole reason we went with Mitsu is because they promised mad stacks. Well, where the gently caress are they? Not in our bank accounts, that's for sure. What we do have in our bank accounts is some squeaky clean capital that Ms Hasegawa and her friends might be very interested in using. poo poo guys, loving SMARF are getting in on this. The blood is in the water, even Mitsu's close partners can smell it. We're gonna make way more money asset stripping Mitsu's corpse than we will trying desperately to save some people we barely even like to begin with.

Now, none of this directly affects the next mission, gotta keep up appearances and all that. But depending on what we hear from Mr. Hasegawa and his daughter over the next few days, it's something to keep in mind.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Crazycryodude posted:

You guys are looking at this all wrong. The problem isn't that Mitsu is gonna collapse to a hostile takeover before we can get paid, it's that they're gonna collapse to a hostile takeover that we aren't party to.

The whole reason we went with Mitsu is because they promised mad stacks. Well, where the gently caress are they? Not in our bank accounts, that's for sure. What we do have in our bank accounts is some squeaky clean capital that Ms Hasegawa and her friends might be very interested in using. poo poo guys, loving SMARF are getting in on this. The blood is in the water, even Mitsu's close partners can smell it. We're gonna make way more money asset stripping Mitsu's corpse than we will trying desperately to save some people we barely even like to begin with.

One, aren't you an anti-capitalist?

Two, we have professional pride, and I suspect that SMARF's rank and file pilots do too. Not to mention that idols are expected to have squeaky-clean public images, and a public indictment for financial crimes would be a ticket to disgrace and unemployment. Maybe we can use this to pick up some F-2s for ourselves, if you want to be greedy?

perfluorosapien
Aug 15, 2015

Oven Wrangler
I'd worry if our accountant found evidence of insiders shorting Mitsuhashi. Instead, we have a rather bizarre situation where someone on St. Lawrence is positioned to reap huge profits if our operation succeeds.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Look, it's accelerationism, we're destroying a major corporation and reinvesting their ill-gotten capital into a righteous cause.

Two, it's not illegal if you succeed and nobody hears about it except us. Even if it doesn't play out, we're not actually doing anything illegal, and if you doubt the abilites of Herbert Kornfield to put 50 years worth of shell companies between us and anything negative, well, he's got some choice words for you.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I can't stop laughing at the fact that we joined Mitsu because they'd be the easiest source of fat stacks and now their entire company is on fire.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
Do we need to have separate plane loadouts for each phase, while also considering how to save about half of our fleet for the mission after?

Man, our mission planning teams are in for a hell of a ride sorting this one.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Night10194 posted:

I can't stop laughing at the fact that we joined Mitsu because they'd be the easiest source of fat stacks and now their entire company is on fire.

Sounds like a great opportunity to lure some of the personnel who arnt ruined by zaibatsu horseshit over.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

There's still fat stacks to be made, just not the way we originally planned...

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

And Kornfeld, our tax ninja, will make sure it's all as clean as a whistle

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Fo' shizzle

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Night10194 posted:

Let this serve as a lesson to us. Never trust promises of easy money.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Night10194 posted:

Goons. Goon never changes.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Night10194 posted:

Blame Yooper's dog. I voted for BSNC.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
I voted for the Balkans, where at least this kind of skulduggery would be expected. And then when we decided to go to Alaska (nothing good is in Alaska), I voted for BSNC where at least we would have the moral high ground; but skul-dog-gery ended that.

Still a good boy though.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Groggy nard posted:

Do we need to have separate plane loadouts for each phase, while also considering how to save about half of our fleet for the mission after?

Man, our mission planning teams are in for a hell of a ride sorting this one.

Remember we have that pile of Soviet surplus garbage. This might be a good time to break out some of that poo poo since nothing else is going to see anything anyway and a few of them are even vaguely capable of doing something that might help us.

Poor MEAT is basically useless in this theater what with the clouds everywhere. Maybe the IR sensor still works, I'm not sure.

Nick Esasky
Nov 10, 2009
Yooper, i'm a tad confused by a couple of points in that infodump:

1) theres' a bunch of IFVs landed and wrecked LSTs and such on the east side of the island, and they're pushing west against something. Yet it also says that they're Chileans hired by BSNC? Is this a mistake and they're meant to belong to Iceberg, or are they just pushing against completely wrecked roads?

2) It seems to say that theres' also Chileans hanging around Gambell but in foot infantry form, with no APCs or such? And no confirmation on additional air defences beyond MANPADS and whatever Rolands/Crotales might be being quiet ATM?

3) Does Iceberg actually appear to be present on the island ATM, or was the party we missed a big-rear end storm messing up a BSNC attempt to sneak in reinforcements?

4)Are we expected to actually fly strike missions into Clouds/Fog from 7k feet To The Deck conditions, or does it look to shift a little by takeoff?

5)If this is a multi-phase operation, how long should we expect the first phase to last? Long enough for the Doormans to flank speed over and make their presence felt if we blow up the SSMs/any assets that could give a position to fling Exocets towards if we decide to go Harpoon the BSNC naval assets?

6)If we've been socked in for weeks, are the Kfirs/Phantoms from last mission avaliable for use? or is Use Them = Lose For Next Mission/Phase in full effect?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Okay, how do we make money again if we won't win the battle or won't team up with the natives?

sparkmaster
Apr 1, 2010
See, I told you we shouldn't have sold the Mirages. :colbert:. I'm just happy to be useful for once.

Also, gently caress cancer.

Dimitris
Apr 11, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
PSA: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3543909&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=410#post473665908

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"
Here's something for people to consider. St. Lawrence Island has a massive mountain in the middle of it. This mountain creates a big blind spot for the Mamba, the Roland, and the SSMs.

Inserting Cobbie and his yobboes from the south is the best way to get them ashore safe and sounds.

It's also a great way for us to screen our aircraft (and the Dutch frigates, if we've still got them) so they can get close to their targets. We could conceivably fly in from the south, pop over the mountain, drop glide bombs on the Mamba and the SSM and then boogie before they know what hit 'em.

Here's a rough strategy sketch. I think it's best to do things in manageable chunks, so Yooper can focus on one small package at a time. It'll be easier to run (and watch) for all involved.

Phase 1: Kick in the door
-Send up a CAP to shoot down anything BSA or Iceberg sends at us.
-Kill the western Master-T radar (the Su-17 has a 65 nmi ranged radar for this and the Prowler also has HARMs).
-Kill the mountaintop Ground Master radar (Tornado with two Storm Shadows).
-Kill the southern ships (Two Tornadoes with Sea Eagles)

Phase 2: Land the Aussies
-Keep CAP airborne (replace Winchester/Shotgun aircraft with new planes)
-Send in 2-4 aircraft with sensors and precision munitions to clear out any threats to the helos.
-Land a team on the mountaintop to confirm the Ground Master has been killed and to spot targets lower down.
-Land teams on the western and eastern flanks of the mountain to spot the SSMs and SAMs.

Phase 3: Destroy the Missiles
-Have Cobbie's ground teams spot and mark the missiles.
-Destroy the Mamba and the Roland -- fly the F-16s and Kfirs in from the south, have them pop over the mountaintop, pickle their glide bombs and then escape behind the mountain.
-Destroy the SSMs -- launch Storm Shadows from the south and use the waypoint feature on the Storm Shadows to vector them around the mountain to hit the SSMs.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Let 'em pay full price like I did, it's what they deserve! :argh:

Still, at least I got Northern Inferno & Season 1 of LIVE for cheap.

Also, I guess we...may have wound up working for BSNC anyway. Now, how can we turn this to our advantage?

Soup Inspector
Jun 5, 2013
I like Bacarruda's idea.

And I think it's safe to say we're all rooting for you, Yooper - kick cancer's rear end!

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Nick Esasky posted:

Yooper, i'm a tad confused by a couple of points in that infodump:

1) theres' a bunch of IFVs landed and wrecked LSTs and such on the east side of the island, and they're pushing west against something. Yet it also says that they're Chileans hired by BSNC? Is this a mistake and they're meant to belong to Iceberg, or are they just pushing against completely wrecked roads?

2) It seems to say that theres' also Chileans hanging around Gambell but in foot infantry form, with no APCs or such? And no confirmation on additional air defences beyond MANPADS and whatever Rolands/Crotales might be being quiet ATM?

3) Does Iceberg actually appear to be present on the island ATM, or was the party we missed a big-rear end storm messing up a BSNC attempt to sneak in reinforcements?

4)Are we expected to actually fly strike missions into Clouds/Fog from 7k feet To The Deck conditions, or does it look to shift a little by takeoff?

5)If this is a multi-phase operation, how long should we expect the first phase to last? Long enough for the Doormans to flank speed over and make their presence felt if we blow up the SSMs/any assets that could give a position to fling Exocets towards if we decide to go Harpoon the BSNC naval assets?

6)If we've been socked in for weeks, are the Kfirs/Phantoms from last mission avaliable for use? or is Use Them = Lose For Next Mission/Phase in full effect?

1. Whoops! Iceberg has retained a PMC from the Alabama National Guard called "Southern Comfort". BSNC has the services of "Pinochet's Legacy".

2. Chileans are supplementing BSNC's irregulars. Expect Rolands/Crotales and likely chinese MANPAD's.

3. Iceberg is absolutely on the island in the form of SoCo.

4. Weather will be variable. It will be lovely. It might get slightly less lovely. Or slightly more lovely.

5. I'd like to see it in 4 to 5 hours phases. You could absolutely move a Karel Doorman in that time.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
I dont think sending Cobbir and his mates into the blizzard on st Lawrence is a good idea. How about we just strike the SSMs and let BSNC and Iceberg sort each other out? Maybe even blockade the island and starve whoever wins?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Congrats Yooper!

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Intelligence Report on the Dutch Mercenary group labelled as "Dunkirkers"

Transcript

Voice 1: "What do you mean this is being recorded? Am I in trouble?"

Someone messes with the microphone, something is said but can't be heard. The sound of someone muffling the microphone stops after twenty seconds.

Voice 1: "Yes. I understand."

Voice 2: "Please proceed as instructed."

Voice 1: "So last night I heard some smart looking guys talk about the "Dunkirkers", and at first I didn't understand what the heck they were talking about. You have to understand, I was not listening in on them. If those Intelligence guys hadn't talked about this stuff right next to me this would have neve-"

Voice 2: "Please stay on topic."

Voice 1: "Right, Right. So I was doing some standard maintainance on one of the 39's and I hear these guys talking, and I'm thinking, I've never heard of any group of Dutch mercenaries called that. Right? I'm Dutch. I'd know. And then it hit me. These guys could be misunderstanding something...

Voice 2: "What was that?"

Voice 1: "Well, They mentioned how the Dutchman on the other side of the line was high as a kite and they couldn't make anything out except for "Dunkirker", so I speak up and I tell them that the Watergeuzen have a ship called the "Duinkerke".

Voice 2: Who are the Watergeuzen? [Voice 2 mangles the word]

Voice 1: "It's Watergeuzen. They are a mercenary outfit from the Netherlands and Belgium. Probably one of the oldest ones out there, probably. They pretty much stick to Naval Action, some Helicopter stuff... Don't really do Air and Ground, but they are pretty good at driving boats around. Odd Marine action here and there."

Voice 1 shifts in his seat, he's getting into this.

Voice 1: "Legend has it they still own a 16th century letter of marque. That's how they are so old you see? A legal loophole in the Dutch maritime law. As long as they pay a 10% tax on all their profits and send a good chunk of what's left to whatever charity they want, the Dutch government can't do anything about them. They are essentially privateers."

Voice 2: "You mean Pirates?"

Voice 1: "No, Privateers, they are mercenaries just like us. You don't survive in an industry for a couple of hundred years without breaking a few eggs, but the fact that they even exist is proof that they can generally be trusted to act professionally. They don't like taking too much risk, you see.

Voice 2: *coughs*

Voice 1: "Anyway, they got a bunch of boats, mostly Dutch Royal Navy surplus that couldn't be pawned off to some south american country. To be honest , I couldn't tell you much more. They are said to possess some diesel submarines but I've never seen any of those myself.

Voice 2: "You said you worked for them."

Voice 1: "Yeah, that's right. For a short time. Helicopter Maintenance. Flew a couple too. It's what I did before I came here to work for you guys."

Voice 1 Laughs nervously.

Voice 1: "Don't worry, I like it here, and I'm not in contact with any of the boys over on their crew anymore. You can check my phone logs... You already did, didn't you?"

Voice 2: "Do you have any effects on you that back up your claims?"

Voice 1: "Yes, I have this pin badge. I kept it for the memories."

There's the sound of an object being laid on a white sheet of paper, then the sound of a smartphone camera making a picture.

Voice 2: "It seems to be the Org's emblem. Uploading now."

Voice 1: "Hey, about that thing we mentioned, can I have that callsign I told you about? Anything's better then "gently caress you new guy, you suck""
"What do you mean I'm not flying?"

Recommended course of action:
-Mandatory 24.3c Training for all Intelligence officers below level 3

END OF REPORT

Thanks to Roeben, a resident Dutchman, for putting together this awesome bit of info for the mercs in the Karel Doormans.

Stago Lego
Sep 3, 2011
drat, "liever turks dan paaps", that's pretty old school. Definitly from the eighty years war. Those guys must realy know what they're doing if they're around this long.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
I just matched Bacarudda's height map to the working map, and the Ground Master (radar) is located at or near the top of the mountain. This means there is no blind spot.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Also, hands up, who remembers what happened last time we tried to take out a high-end SAM with two cruise missiles?

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

power crystals posted:

Also, hands up, who remembers what happened last time we tried to take out a high-end SAM with two cruise missiles?

That's the beauty of it. Nobody would ever expect us to try it a second time!:v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anta
Mar 5, 2007

What a nice day for a gassing

Dance Officer posted:

I just matched Bacarudda's height map to the working map, and the Ground Master (radar) is located at or near the top of the mountain. This means there is no blind spot.

No radar blind spot. Unless the launchers are also on the mountaintop those still have a blind spot and shouldn't be able to shoot there.