Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I haven't seen it mentioned, but a nice way to break up mission running to get GE tokens is to run the world bosses. Takes me around 30 minutes to do a full run (which for whatever bizarre reason I still enjoy doing) and at 150 GE per world boss you get 2250 total GE for the run. Wish I could do it more often than 1 time per 4 hours since I rarely have that wide of a window to play on a weeknight.

Up to 13 GE caches now, 1 exotic.. some face mask that I'll probably never use since being able to shoot and run while on fire doesn't seem like all that much of a help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

The Locator posted:

I haven't seen it mentioned, but a nice way to break up mission running to get GE tokens is to run the world bosses. Takes me around 30 minutes to do a full run (which for whatever bizarre reason I still enjoy doing) and at 150 GE per world boss you get 2250 total GE for the run. Wish I could do it more often than 1 time per 4 hours since I rarely have that wide of a window to play on a weeknight.

Up to 13 GE caches now, 1 exotic.. some face mask that I'll probably never use since being able to shoot and run while on fire doesn't seem like all that much of a help.

try playing Dragon's Nest or Legendary Napalm and you might change your mind :v:

that said I don't use it either, but it has some value there

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
God drat I forgot how fun an empty DZ can be. I finally got take my time way north and soak in the sights, the art team did such a good job up there.

No classifieds or exotics from the bosses in the north though, despite a few reddit threads saying that's where they seem to drop reliably.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Psion posted:

try playing Dragon's Nest or Legendary Napalm and you might change your mind :v:

that said I don't use it either, but it has some value there

I play pretty much solo, so somewhat limited use for me if that's what it's good for! I threw it in my stash in case of course.

So on my 15th cache I got a House, but it's right at the bottom of possible damage and crit chance, and the talents were Ferocious, Fierce, Card Counter. Based on the suggestions to not take Fierce, I rolled it to Hurried, but it's still a long ways away from the suggested Deadly, Responsive, Hurried.

Is it worth optimizing this, or should I just keep on playing and hoping for one that has two of those (seems like a long shot given the third one is fixed).

I am one piece (gloves) from a Nomad 6 piece, everything else is still 3 piece in classified at best, but definitely improving my gear in this event since the classified armor and stats are just better.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

The Locator posted:

So on my 15th cache I got a House, but it's right at the bottom of possible damage and crit chance, and the talents were Ferocious, Fierce, Card Counter. Based on the suggestions to not take Fierce, I rolled it to Hurried, but it's still a long ways away from the suggested Deadly, Responsive, Hurried.

Is it worth optimizing this, or should I just keep on playing and hoping for one that has two of those (seems like a long shot given the third one is fixed).

I would just hold onto it for now if you're short on div tech but if you find that it still slays once the event is over I'd go for it.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Capn Beeb posted:

God drat I forgot how fun an empty DZ can be. I finally got take my time way north and soak in the sights, the art team did such a good job up there.

No classifieds or exotics from the bosses in the north though, despite a few reddit threads saying that's where they seem to drop reliably.

As far as I know every Named enemy has the exact same chance to drop a Classified item.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I'm going to assume that Lost Signal can't be done solo, even on WT1, like with the Cleaner incursion?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

poptart_fairy posted:

I'm going to assume that Lost Signal can't be done solo, even on WT1, like with the Cleaner incursion?

There's a few spots where you absolutely need another player.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
drat, time to PUG then, or hope my schedule finally lines up with yours. :v:

Having two missions still highlighted as incomplete bugs me far more than it should.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

So I got 6 pc Predators and can hit 9000 Stamina. So I guess I should use an SMG with as much crit as I can? What gun talents should I have, given that my ELE will be poo poo and I'll have like 4000 FA max?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Roman posted:

So I got 6 pc Predators and can hit 9000 Stamina. So I guess I should use an SMG with as much crit as I can? What gun talents should I have, given that my ELE will be poo poo and I'll have like 4000 FA max?

Deadly and Destructive if you can get to 4k firearms. Responsive in the 3rd slot?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Jose Oquendo posted:

Deadly and Destructive if you can get to 4k firearms. Responsive in the 3rd slot?
I'm more interested trying this for PVP though. Maybe Deadly, Vicious, and Responsive in free slot?

And I suspect a nerf will come so I eventually will switch up the stats, but I want to have some OP PVP fun first

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Yeah definitely Vicious. Depending on your crit chance, maybe Adept? Pop a skill and get that burst damage.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Are you making GBS threads me. Two goddamn Pahkhans in my weekly UG and Survival caches.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

poptart_fairy posted:

Are you making GBS threads me. Two goddamn Pahkhans in my weekly UG and Survival caches.
At least they're not Thompsons. Like, just give me the 1 divtech instead and save me the button press

That said, I might save one with good rolls, because it's so bad I can't see them not reworking it

Roman fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Dec 14, 2017

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Thompson at least looks decent!

Can't colour co-ordinate the drat Pahk with anything.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

Roman posted:

Predatory might be nice to have to make up for the terrible heal you’ll have at 2800 electronics. I would go for either unforgiving/deadly/responsive or unforgiving/deadly/predatory. Maybe swap out deadly for hurried if you want a faster reload.

Brine fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Dec 14, 2017

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Welp.. Superior GE cache with two non-classified Banshee's is sort of disappointing.

At least they gave me two division tech.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

After two nights of the GE, I can definitely confirm that speed running the landmarks (with a full group) in DZ07 is the fastest way for GE credits. Start at the opera house and go up and down hitting all the landmarks. Don't stop to pick poo poo up on the first run. On the second run, just pick up caches/exotics/classifieds. Keep doing the loop until you get close to 9k. Extract if you need to, go back and get loot you couldn't fit before (killing bosses all the while), extract, go buy caches.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

They just tweeted they will be extending the Global Event and will discuss it on State of the Game

https://www.twitch.tv/thedivisiongame

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Oooh, nice. I like this event - was hoping bodies would explode with a full version of that headshot effect from the first GE though. Or have them explode in a bunch of Christmas presents.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Roman posted:

They just tweeted they will be extending the Global Event and will discuss it on State of the Game
- GE extended until Wednesday
- They fixed the bug so you can't get World Tier 5 caches when playing Resistance in TW1
- They prepared for a lot of people to play 1.8 but they got even more than expected, hence the server issues
- An issue when items disappear when you share them, but relog in and they'll be back
- Gear score decrease when stepping away from the Optimization Station is a visual bug - That's the actual number, the high one is inflated and incorrect

Roman fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Dec 14, 2017

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Did they mention anything about the boss kill mask bug?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Roman posted:

Perfect, since that morning is the last chance I'll have to play for a few days since I'll be travelling. I'm glad they did this for me. :v:

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Jose Oquendo posted:

Did they mention anything about the boss kill mask bug?
No. What is that?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Roman posted:

No. What is that?

I assume either group kills not counting, Strike explosion kills not counting, or both.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

300 million Div Tech spent on Optimization since 1.8 launch. No word on how many 163 Damascuses were crafted.

2.3 million Rogue toggles toggled. Because no one will go Rogue any more because Rogue 2.0 killed the DZ

840,000 players killed by Hunters in Underground. Most of those people get matchmade with me it seems.

3 billion GE credits spent on the first day. That's just from one PC hacker

Larae Barrett was killed 2.5 million times in the first 24 hours

Roman fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Dec 14, 2017

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Underground Hunters are kind of quaint now I'm in on their tricks.

Still won't get close to them in Survival mind. :v:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

After the GE, I do need to do Survival and get my hunter kills.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I was not expecting to get spoilers for a Star Wars movie in this thread, Jose. Who did you anger. :colbert:

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

poptart_fairy posted:

I was not expecting to get spoilers for a Star Wars movie in this thread, Jose. Who did you anger. :colbert:

Damnit your post made my dumb brain look for the spoiler and I read it. I was like I don't see any spoilers ohhhhh.....

Also I can't believe someone hacked 3 gazillion GE credits using cheatengine. Those numbers are cross platform right?

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

afkmacro posted:

Damnit your post made my dumb brain look for the spoiler and I read it. I was like I don't see any spoilers ohhhhh.....

Also I can't believe someone hacked 3 gazillion GE credits using cheatengine. Those numbers are cross platform right?

I'm pretty sure all of those second points on each fact is just a funny.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

afkmacro posted:

Pretty certain all platforms. Also 300 million DivTech means 1.5 trillion credits.

Soridar
Jun 1, 2016
Thanks for the info, the OP makes me actually consider retrying the game.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I got a Medved drop the other night from a cache. Is there any build around using this weapon? I dunno just seems a but unusual being slug based.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

The build is called turn it into divtech and optimize a good build instead. :shrug:

It's slightly better (this isn't saying much) than the Thompson M1928 and Tommy Gun but it's not good enough to use.

Capn Beeb posted:

Yeah, the north DZ is something. I was amazed first time I went up there. It's not comfortable at all, by design, and they nailed it.

Anyway, about drops. All DZ bosses from DZ01-09 have the same chance to drop classified gear and exotics but the north DZ has the advantage of them all being closer together so you can hit more bosses faster, so it is more efficient.

Psion fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Dec 14, 2017

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

So why was the GE extended?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

"because reasons."

that's literally what Joker posted.

now if I had to guess I'd say it could be because of server issues from 1.8, the fact that it has 4 sets instead of 3, throwing the players a bone, some sort of secret surprise, or aaron keener.

The amount of salt over the WT1 fix for Resistance is shameful as is par for the course for this playerbase. Of course that needed to get fixed, you idiots. Campaign to get better loot in WT5 instead. Or just get better :smugdog:

Speaking of things that need to get better, I really hope they look at the gatling in Stolen Signal studio 4. Technically it's survivable with a full strength shield at the cap. But it gives you no margin for error on both the hostages and the pyro boxes. I'd like to see that toned down just enough to give a little margin for error so you can keep your shield after tanking the gun, or making it plausible to pub. Right now? Not so sure about that.

Psion fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Dec 14, 2017

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Roman posted:

2.3 million Rogue toggles toggled. Because no one will go Rogue any more because Rogue 2.0 killed the DZ

Is this something people are saying? Cause I've seen plenty of rogues already, except last night where I'm not sure if it was people farming GE stuff or my connection hiccuping throwing me into an empty server.

Psion posted:

Anyway, about drops. All DZ bosses from DZ01-09 have the same chance to drop classified gear and exotics but the north DZ has the advantage of them all being closer together so you can hit more bosses faster, so it is more efficient.

Oh word, the way I read it was that the north bosses have a higher chance to drop stuff :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Capn Beeb posted:

Is this something people are saying? Cause I've seen plenty of rogues already, except last night where I'm not sure if it was people farming GE stuff or my connection hiccuping throwing me into an empty server.

Some people were saying it. On the PTS a fair number of streamers who played exclusively with other streamers and people who play with streamers formed that opinion and it spread. How it was so very hard to get unRogued because everyone always knew where they needed to go and how no friendly fire for non-Rogues meant they would just get swarmed and die every time. They didn't seem to take into account that the PTS DZ is actually really different from the actual DZ when it comes to the number and quality of players present to fight each other. IE. Groups of people or solo players clearing landmarks in DZ09 or DZ06 probably aren't going to drop everything and go camp the Rogue station in DZ02 or whatever just because there's a manhunt going on. Whereas in the PTS there were a significantly higher proportion of players that would do exactly that.

• Locked thread