Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roman
Aug 8, 2002

:siren: Click here to enter your info / Click here to find goons to play with / Somethingawful Division Discord :siren:

:siren: ADVICE FOR NEW PLAYERS IN THE SECOND POST :siren:

The official Twitch channel which features State of the Game almost every Thursday

So I heard this game was a garbage fire shitshow but it's good now?
Since Update 1.4, the endgame now feels as good as it did leveling up to 30. The PVP has been more balanced than ever, allowing you to run many different builds depending on your playstyle.

World Tiers - Once you hit level 30 and increase your Gear Score as you acquire loot (and there is a LOT of it now), you unlock World Tiers that determine enemy toughness and loot quality. Once unlocked you can switch to any tier at any time (except in the Dark Zone). High End items and Gear Sets drop at the level of the World Tier you chose, and even drop from trash mobs. Difficulty settings determine enemy type and the amount of loot.
Damage Scaling - In 1.3 you could get one shotted by Dark Zone NPCs and needed three clips of ammo to kill them. Scaling makes sense now and if you have good gear you will feel powerful again.
Solo Player Friendly - All activities except Incursions now scale from 1 to 4 players.
Loot and Caches - Did I mention the game shits appropriate high end loot at you now, even from trash mobs? After level 30, every 400,000 xp you earn gets you a Field Proficiency Cache which contains loot and Phoenix Credits. You also earn caches from Daily and Weekly Assignments, and caches are also available for purchase (with credits, Phoenix Credits, or Dark Zone funds) from vendors.
Open World Bosses - Bullet King and his 14 boss friends respawn every 4 hours.
High Value Targets / Search & Destroy - You get more Intel from S&D, HVTs cost less intel, there are more HVTs (40 more enemies added to the pool), and reward more loot and phoenix credits. Even S&D missions reward appropriate level gear score loot. Loot types now drop from HVTs at equal frequency; they are no longer weighted towards Lone Star gearsets.
Incursions - Falcon Lost has checkpoints after each C4 round. Instead of giving you specific gearsets, each Incursion gives you types of gear. (Falcon Lost: Gloves and Masks, Clear Sky: Body armor and Holster, Dragon’s Nest: Backpack and Kneepads)
No more DLC exclusive gear or weapons - Expansions will be about more places to get loot. You won't need expansions to access any specific armor or guns.
Stash Size Increase - Stash increased from 75 items to 150.
Loadouts - Save equipped Weapons, Gear, Skills and Talents to 6 Loadout slots per character, allowing for quick swapping of builds when out of combat.
Dark Zone map expansion - Explore three new areas to the north of the Dark Zone, which doubles the DZ in playable space.
Dark Zone XP and Funds - You no longer lose XP and DZ Funds when you die if you are not Rogue.
Dark Zone Landmark rewards - Clearing a Landmarks now awards DZ XP, DZ funds, and a clean loot item deposited into your backpack (doesn't need extraction).
Dark Zone Leaderboards - Earn rewards in the Dark Zone by participating in weekly and monthly activities tracked via the new Dark Zone leaderboards.
Dark Zone Contamination Events - Players must manage their health as the virus eats away at their filter while battling against powerful Cleaners. Clear each Dark Zone subway of Cleaners to earn extra rewards. Like Supply Drops, you do not need to extract these loot rewards.
Legendary difficulty - Pit yourself against elite LMB forces equipped with superior gear and advanced tactics. Legendary difficulty strips missions of all narrative and focuses purely on combat scenarios.
Premium Vendor - A new microtransaction vendor in the back left corner of the Terminal which sells cosmetic items and emotes for Premium Credits (real money).
Exotics - Special named High-End gear items have special bonuses. Named Weapons (like the Pakhan, Midas, etc.) are now Exotics and have all new special talents.
Global Events, a monthly PVE playlist with modifiers and exclusive rewards. Earn event exclusive face masks from Commendations.
https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-293355-16&ct=tcm:152-76770-32
Commendations, a combo of Destiny's Record Books and Grimoire score, which grants special rewards (including new arm patches).
https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-293999-16&ct=tcm:152-76770-32
Classified Gear, more powerful versions of existing gear sets with new 5 and 6 piece bonuses.
https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news/152-294372-16/update-17-classified-gear

1.8 - RESISTANCE was released December 5, 2017 and is FREE for all players. It includes a map expansion (West Side Pier) with new narrative elements, a Horde mode, 4x4 Skirmish PVP, a revamp of Rogue mechanics ("Rogue 2.0"), updates to Underground (including Hunters), Gear Optimization, and more.

1.8 Reveal Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Addk7cl5smg

1.8 Patch Notes
https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news/152-315417-16/update-18-resistance-patch-notes

West Side Pier map expansion spread across two zones, where all the enemy factions unite against the Division. This will be open for all players and features a new Camp Clinton social space. Features dynamic missions and enemy spawning, as well as new audio logs to collect.
Gear Optimization - Use Division Tech to max the stats of any guns or gear. Division Tech will be available in the West Side Pier as well as the Dark Zone.
Resistance - Up to four Division Agents have to take on waves of enemies from all factions, earning currency to unlock new areas, activate fortifications, buy new equipment, etc. (Think Call of Duty Zombies.)
Skirmish - 4x4 PVP. Score the highest number of kills before the timer runs out.
Rogue 2.0 - Friendly fire is off and Rogue status must be manually toggled on. Clear your Manhunt status at a terminal and earn rewards based on your Manhunt level (up to level 5)
Underground - Hunters have been added as random spawns, and can drop Exotics, Classified gear, and "cool masks." Bosses and rare chests can also drop Exotics and Classified gear. Checkpoints have been added so you no longer lose progress on death. The "Rave Room" from the intro mission has been added to the rest of the Underground.

SEASON PASS AND EXPANSIONS

Season Pass and Year One Content Trailer
Season Pass owners get all 3 expansions, exclusive cosmetic outfits, special starter weapons and gear, extra consumables and special ammo/grenades, and a bi-monthly Supply Drop: An airdropped loot crate guarded by a mob of elite NPCs.

Underground Expansion I Trailer
The Underground: A procedurally randomized dungeon system. "Directives" are modifiers (such as no radar) which increase difficulty and the amount of rewards. Every Underground Rank you level up earns an Underground Cache containing two loot items with a chance for a bonus Exotic. Also includes exclusive Incursion Dragon's Nest.
Survival Expansion II Trailer
Survival: 24 agents spawn at random points on the map, armed with only a sidearm. You have to scavenge supplies and gear to fight off enemies and get into the Dark Zone, secure the experimental antivirals, build a flare gun, and call in a chopper for extraction. You can choose PVP or PVE modes. You can't kill other players in PVE but still have to compete for loot. Once you call in the chopper, you have to fight a new elite NPC faction called Hunters, rogue agents who fight like real players.
Last Stand Expansion III Trailer
Last Stand: The organized 8v8 PVP mode set within the DZ, accessed from a kiosk in the Terminal. Also includes exclusive Incursion Stolen Signal.
Last Stand gameplay details: http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-US/news/152-282198-16/intelligence-annex-#13-taking-a-stand

Roman fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Dec 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

ADVICE FOR FIRST TIME PLAYERS LEVELING UP:

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yeah for new people playing the campaign, here are the rules:
Only play solo or play with people EXACTLY the same level as you
Always be the appropriate level for the mission. Do the side missions and subquests to stay leveled. The game is designed to require you to get a level from a big mission and another level from side stuff before you do the next big mission
DONT DO MISSIONS ON HARD. THERE IS NO POINT. (Until you're level 30)
Don't wear Skill Power Pieces until you have skills
make sure you're upgrading your gear at the shops so you don't lag more than a level or two behind.
Also, and this sounds lame, but role play as an individual who is trying to figure out what the gently caress happened and is actually going now. The game "feels" better when you're in this mindset, especially as you find little info bits throughout.
- Do the Lincoln Tunnel mission as soon as you're high enough level, as you get a permanent 10% XP boost once you unlock the Security wing
- Don't bother with Hard difficulty story missions until you're level 30. The extra rewards are minimal and aren't worth the trouble at low level.
- Do side missions and Encounters (which you need for base upgrades anyway), not just main missions. This should keep you comfortably like 1-2 levels ahead of the requirements for Normal difficulty missions
- Don't worry too much about buying guns/gear before level 30 unless your drops are unlucky and you really need an upgrade for something.
- After max level 30, XP goes towards earning loot caches. Consider saving some of the collectible items (cell phone recordings, laptops etc.) as they give way more XP at level 30. On a double XP weekend event these will bag you a LOT of loot caches.

ADVICE FOR WHEN YOU HIT LEVEL 30:

hey welcome to the show! posted:

The dark zone is not the best place to get loot.
It is however a good place to get loot while you pvp. If you don't like pvp you don't need to ever step foot in the dark zone and you won't miss out on any loot at all.
Do your dailies, do the Intel quests, run hvts (even the daily ones are worth it if you have the Intel to spare), kill world bosses and farm mooks. Those are all things you can do to get gear without ever buying the dlc.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

As a fresh 30 you have a couple main priorities and things to keep in mind:

-Bump your World Tier (WT) up as soon as you are able to. Higher WTs drop gear with higher gear score.
-Do Encounters until you max out all 3 wings of your base at 100%.
-Do any missions that you need to do to unlock content (there are a couple missions to unlock the Underground DLC, not sure if there are any others at 30)
-You will get gear caches every 400k XP you get

With those in mind, you can do pretty much whatever you'd like to do in order to get gear. You will get Daily and Weekly missions (check your map menu) that will reward you gear caches and point you in the direction of stuff you can do. This is the full list of things I can think of that you can do at level 30:

Activities
-World Bosses: Respawn every 4 hours, always drop a couple HE items
-Search and Destroy missions: Get Intel for HVT (see below) missions (NOTE: You will have to finish all Encounters and Side Missions in an area to unlock S&D missions for that area)
-Daily and Weekly High Value Targets (HVTs): Daily you can probably solo, weekly may require a group at low gear levels
-Bi-monthly supply drops for season pass holders
-Finish side missions (good XP) and encounters
-Underground mode (DLC #1)
-Survival mode (DLC #2, PVE or PVP)
-Dark Zone (PVP-enabled area)
-Incursions: Challenging/heroic missions, group required unless your gear is insane
-Pick up all Intel on map (just for lore/exploration/XP)
-Check vendors all over the place to see if there's any good gear or blueprints you want, these reset weekly

Daily Missions
-Crafting mission: Things like craft X items, combine X item parts, etc.
-Dark Zone (PVP area): Usually kill X NPCs in Dark Zone
-Survival mission: Successfully extract from a Survival game
-Combat mission: Things like kill X dudes, hit X enemy weak points, etc.
-2x Hard story missions
-1x Challenging story mission
-Underground Hard mission
-Underground Challenging mission (This will also give you the rewards for the Hard mission, so you don't need to do both)

Weekly Missions
- One has you do a bunch of random poo poo like kill X dudes in the dark zone, finish 10 hard or above missions, and so on, and the other has you get at least 20,000 points in Survival mode throughout the week

OPEN WORLD BOSS FARMING
Bullet King and all 14 of his boss friends now respawn in the open world every 4 hours
All Open World Boss Locations (with timestamps): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhdtSv_JcBE

Roman fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Dec 9, 2017

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

hey welcome to the show! posted:

This was a few pages back but I feel like I can give you an answer.

Im using DeadEye and I'm having a lot of fun with it. It's very viable in pve and actually holds its own in pvp well enough.

Stacking crit damage is easy enough to do and if you have provident on your gun this build gets disgusting. It gives you 60‰ more damage on the last bullet at max.

Thanks. So it's actually viable and not just gimmicky, I wanted to make sure about that.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

FYI I had wanted to make the thread title Caches Rule Everything Around Me but I thought the whole "game isn't a trash fire any more" message was more important

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I've been thinking about the Division again and may redownload it on PC and buy the expansion pack.

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

As I posted in the old thread without reading the last few posts, any pc goons want to do weekly hvts and incursions later?

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

I said come in! posted:

I've been thinking about the Division again and may redownload it on PC and buy the expansion pack.

The base game + Underground is on sale today for $25 on Amazon and it's super tempting. Xbone is such a crapfest, performance wise. The game drops to like, below 20 FPS when I open the menu :smith:

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Solid OP. Gets the right information in as little talk as possible.

As a season pass holder, I'm really hoping there's more content coming than just the bi-weekly drops. It was advertised as having more than what we're getting, though what we're getting does technically fit the wording. Eh.

Pedestrian Xing posted:

As I posted in the old thread without reading the last few posts, any pc goons want to do weekly hvts and incursions later?
Definitely get into the Discord linked in the OP for this. I was asking earlier in the thread as well, jumped into the Discord, and then this happened:

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Oct 29, 2016

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

Thanks for putting together a new thread - it's been good seeing PS4 goons chatting again and shooting mans. They've definitely brought a lot of fun back into it, am genuinely excited about the next DLC update now.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I wanted to name it "Give Alex a taste of your Hungry Hog" but I guess this one is good too.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I work all weekend but I may jump on discord on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I stopped playing this shortly after 1.0 because of other games and spergin' too hard on the betas. Never made it to 30, IIRC, but arse if I remember what level I actually got to. Is there any reason not to continue as I am or shall I recreate?

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

can confirm, game is good as someone that got bored 3/4ths of the way to cap.

Diablo 3 torment is the perfect description of the open world and loot rain.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Ciaphas posted:

I stopped playing this shortly after 1.0 because of other games and spergin' too hard on the betas. Never made it to 30, IIRC, but arse if I remember what level I actually got to. Is there any reason not to continue as I am or shall I recreate?
You want to hit level 30 fast and enjoy the new loot system so just continue with your current character.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Ciaphas posted:

You can hit level 30 before finishing the story so if you aren't super interested in it you can plow through the remaining story missions and get all of the BoO upgrades and just do the endgame content. That being said it only takes a couple of days play through from start to finish anyhow. The other thing is you have 4 character slots, so you smash through what you need to do to get to the endgame content with your current character and start anew with another of you character slots.

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Oct 30, 2016

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

ZombyDog posted:

You can hit level 30 before finishing the story so if you aren't super interested in it you can plow through the remaining story missions and get all of the BoO upgrades and just do the endgame content. That being said it only takes a couple of days play through from start to finish anyhow. The other thing is you have 4 character slots, so you smash through what you need to do to get to the endgame content with your current character and start anew with another or you character slots.
Is there actually any reason to have other characters if you're not the type of person to play classes? I assume otherwise the point is to have each slot be a specific build/class, yes?

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

DaveKap posted:

Is there actually any reason to have other characters if you're not the type of person to play classes? I assume otherwise the point is to have each slot be a specific build/class, yes?
I still have level 14 twink, but short of other builds, those extra slots are good for extra storage I guess.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Cool, thanks, guess I'll give the game another look-see. After the terminally long download, anyway.

Besides the loot thing, there been much QoL changes since 1.0? I always get my jollies from that sort of thing--not balance stuff, just little things to make the lame parts of the game less so.

I've forgotten, is the game much to speak of with controller or shall I stick to KBM?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Started a new character after six hours with one on m+kb (the glasses looked stupid). Tried a controller from the get go and gave up after five minutes. It's terrible, don't bother if your're on PC.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Multiple characters can get extra season pass supply drops. I THINK stuff like the 4 hour reset for the open world bosses and HVTs is per character, not account. So if you want extra quick loot and birdcoins (Phoenix credits are shared between characters) you can hop on your alt and farm that stuff. (Correct me if I'm wrong please)

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Black Griffon posted:

Tried a controller from the get go and gave up after five minutes. It's terrible, don't bother if your're on PC.

I prefer to play most 3rd person games using a controller, while first person is almost always keyboard/mouse. There are reasons to go both ways, but I think I like playing Division on controller more. For one, the interface is designed for it. Not so much the layout, but the keystrokes for things, especially while going through my inventory, I just can't wrap my head around it. Easier with the controller mapping.

Also, I got my Steam Controller working with the game, and while it's going to take some time to master, I think using the gyro to assist with aiming is going to be really effective.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
I came up with a build.

Zombie
2 Alpha Bridge, 3 Nomad, 1 Holster (Steadfast talent), with Self-preserved and Predatory for weapons.
- 100% faster health regeneration, 15% instant health on kill, health regeneration not limited to damaged to segment and health regeneration kicks in faster, with 3% of damage dealth as heal and 1.75% health per second on kill.

Basically sit behind cover and start shooting, kill things when you can, hide and sit for a bit if you're taking damage.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Revol posted:

I prefer to play most 3rd person games using a controller, while first person is almost always keyboard/mouse. There are reasons to go both ways, but I think I like playing Division on controller more. For one, the interface is designed for it. Not so much the layout, but the keystrokes for things, especially while going through my inventory, I just can't wrap my head around it. Easier with the controller mapping.
Controller aim assist is making shotguns really good (like OP and annoying) on console right now, so you might want to give shotguns a shot. Massive said they're going to tweak that, so enjoy it while you can.

If I have any major shuffling around in the inventory, stash, rolling stats etc. I usually end up using the controller because it's just faster.
Helpful inventory tip: When in the stash or browsing the vendors, hold down right trigger (or hold down T on PC) for a list of categories (Masks, Body Armor, etc.)

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I haven't really branched my skill choice out from sticky bomb/first aid. What else should I try? The numbers on turrets look really, really garbage.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Locked out of my uPlay account because Google Authenticator is not working for me. You have to contact support to remove your authenticator but you have to be able to login... with your authenticator to be able to do that. :/ Basically locked out of my account with the Division on it.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I haven't really branched my skill choice out from sticky bomb/first aid. What else should I try? The numbers on turrets look really, really garbage.

Get a 4 piece Firecrest, use flame turret, burn it all down.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Gas seeker mine is a great option as always for crowd control. The splitter seeker mines cause bleed now, while the flame mine pairs well with the flame turret for Firecrest.

The shield is actually a decent option now, since the pistols have been generally buffed, threat generation redone, and the bugs fixed.

Support station pairs really well in groups now, as the revive functions combined with better healing make it a good First Aid alternative.

First Aid defibrilator mod got a significant cooldown reduction, so if you want to pick your buddies back up, it's a good one.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Had fun running heroic Clear Sky with a goon squad today. It took a few wipes to get the strategy down but we did fine once we figured it out.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
If you want to sperg out, watch this

https://youtu.be/DLcbO1MWcug

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

I thought I read in the last thread that FALs and other burst-fire guns will proc Sentry in 1.4. Is this true or did I waste a bunch of cash rerolling stuff :(

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Some goon said it was false last thread.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Tagichatn posted:

Some goon said it was false last thread.

Sigh :smith:

So why are burst-fire guns even in this stupid game then :psyduck:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Ciaphas posted:

Cool, thanks, guess I'll give the game another look-see. After the terminally long download, anyway.

Besides the loot thing, there been much QoL changes since 1.0? I always get my jollies from that sort of thing--not balance stuff, just little things to make the lame parts of the game less so.

I've forgotten, is the game much to speak of with controller or shall I stick to KBM?

I'm playing with a Wii U Pro controller on PC because I'm a degenerate :twisted: It's good.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

How does threat work exactly? Right now I've got a 46% reduced threat suppressor on my M60 as I want people to stand up and attack me so I can feed my skills delicious cooldowns on kills, is that how it works? Conversely a high threat gun means folks get in cover more often?

Either way holy gently caress a meticulous and decisive M60 with a flame turret is some loving war crime poo poo and I love it

Edit:

Oh. Decisive only kicks in when skills are on cooldown. Which is kinda trumped by the Tech Support skill for turrets. poo poo.

Beeb fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Oct 30, 2016

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
If there is legitimately more loot and better content scaling now I might jump back in; this game was and still is really fun, even with all the old missions/dailies.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Capn Beeb posted:

How does threat work exactly? Right now I've got a 46% reduced threat suppressor on my M60 as I want people to stand up and attack me so I can feed my skills delicious cooldowns on kills, is that how it works? Conversely a high threat gun means folks get in cover more often?

Either way holy gently caress a meticulous and decisive M60 with a flame turret is some loving war crime poo poo and I love it

I believe the reworked threat to work like it does in MMO's i.e. aggro. If you have a suppressor than the enemies will pay less attention to you. If you have a muzzle break, then they will notice you more. Threat is more noticeable when you're in a group or the enemies are fighting each other. Maybe someone else can explain it more elegantly.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Capn Beeb posted:

No, I believe you've got it wrong. The reduced/increased threat bonuses of the suppressors and vent brakes make enemies either more or less likely to focus their fire on you when you're in a group. When you're playing solo it has no effect. Some guns have inherently higher suppressing ability (ironically, LMGs tend to make enemies duck behind cover more often when their weapon bonus only works on enemies out of cover), but I'm pretty sure that this is not affected by suppressors. Having "increased threat" means your gun is louder therefore enemies notice it more easily and view you as a threat they need to kill first, similar to how we view heavies. This is anecdotal, of course, but when I fire an SMG with a suppressor and my teammates use LMGs I find that I get shot at less, and vice versa when I fire an LMG.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Wamdoodle posted:

I'm playing with a Wii U Pro controller on PC because I'm a degenerate :twisted: It's good.

I disbelieve.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Shoren posted:

No, I believe you've got it wrong. The reduced/increased threat bonuses of the suppressors and vent brakes make enemies either more or less likely to focus their fire on you when you're in a group. When you're playing solo it has no effect. Some guns have inherently higher suppressing ability (ironically, LMGs tend to make enemies duck behind cover more often when their weapon bonus only works on enemies out of cover), but I'm pretty sure that this is not affected by suppressors. Having "increased threat" means your gun is louder therefore enemies notice it more easily and view you as a threat they need to kill first, similar to how we view heavies. This is anecdotal, of course, but when I fire an SMG with a suppressor and my teammates use LMGs I find that I get shot at less, and vice versa when I fire an LMG.

Well dang :(

Also it seems that Determined is useless on a flame turret build, as kills only make it recharge once it's been destroyed. You can make it last longer with Tech Support, so there's no need to keep chucking them out that would benefit from a skill cooldown. Also neither LMGs or ARs can get Coolheaded so I just blew a shitload of money for nothing :argh:

Edit:

Unless I got a nice SCAR-H variant with Coolheaded and just kinda build around that? The real fucker here is snipers and heavies smashing the turret as well as LMB jerkasses hacking the loving thing.

It also seems the yellow Robust vest is kinda useless, the one that gives 10% more armor when in cover as you're often being flushed out of cover by grenades or heavies that just sprinted across the map to kick your turret to pieces and are now standing on top of you.

Beeb fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Oct 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zegs
Aug 21, 2008

Too zegs to live
Too zegs to die
Too zegsy for this shirt
Too zegs to exist
99% of rogues are still running group shotty (Xbox, Australia)

I'm having a lot of fun using a flame turret to counter this, currently using 4PC Hunters Faith/2 Gold with pre-1.4 G36/MP7 (use a M44 for more Faith proc sometimes but it's not optimal when you're being rushed cqPVP). The G36 is a lot more stable for me now, can spam headish shots from 30-40m, drop turret, to keep them away.

Usually solo but add group and that Faith proc really adds up when you're hitting shotties out of their range.

e: never encountered the Hungry Hog, never even heard of it until this thread. I love LMG for LZ/UG. How to attain?

zegs fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Oct 30, 2016

• Locked thread