Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

merk posted:

I was just wrong when I thought I was right.

It reads like you were trying to save natx but realized it wasn't going to work and tried to save face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Your Personal Muse posted:

Posted 4 minutes before deadline.

Really? You thought Magnus was town at the end?

I did. I was reading right up until the end and was very very close to switching.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

mr.capps posted:

Can someone tell me the chances of that 20% chance happening to both of our rear guys?
Cause holy poo poo.

You are Bad at Math

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

It reads like you were trying to save natx but realized it wasn't going to work and tried to save face.

I'm way better than that as scum. That's my defense. I'm done talking about it. Lynch me if you can't handle me being wrong.

I'm on a phone and will see what I can do with these flips ASAP.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I would like to take a moment to insult our scum in the other thread, who deserved to die for being so bad.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

merk posted:

I did. I was reading right up until the end and was very very close to switching.

To who exactly? Natx? Me? Would a switch matter?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

we gotta murder hal.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

GulagDolls posted:

I would like to take a moment to insult our scum in the other thread, who deserved to die for being so bad.

yeah it was pretty bad. that thread has so many conflicting personalities the double plurality should have been their wet dream, but they literally sat back and let themselves get lynched.

they should have controlled things with a strong voice, not try to hide.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

merk posted:

I'm way better than that as scum. That's my defense. I'm done talking about it. Lynch me if you can't handle me being wrong.

I'm on a phone and will see what I can do with these flips ASAP.

I'm not casing because you were wrong. Stop trying to strawman my argument. I'm casing you because it looks like you were trying to save a scum buddy. I honestly wouldn't have been up in arms if it wasn't for that Magnus/natx post.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

To who exactly? Natx? Me? Would a switch matter?

Hal. One vote would've shifted away from Mag iirc.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
1) can someone explain the case on Hal? Is it that he hasn't done anything

2) ##vote merk will someone have a conversation about this guy, specifically if you see my narrative of his actions? Merk is clearly going to just wave me off instead of engaging.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote YPM

It's me or YPM. Guy is capitalizing on a vet being wrong. See ya.

I'm not casing because you were wrong. Stop trying to strawman my argument. I'm casing you because it looks like you were trying to save a scum buddy. I honestly wouldn't have been up in arms if it wasn't for that Magnus/natx post.

Cool.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

it's not just that he hasn't done anything, but also that he is playing the Scum Hal game, which is where, if you are Hal, and you are also scum, you dont do anything.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

merk posted:

##vote YPM

It's me or YPM. Guy is capitalizing on a vet being wrong. See ya.

Cool.

The sad part is this is going to work. They are going to listen to your mischaracterization of my case. When did I ever say that it was because you're wrong?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

A slip of paper was found in TT's effects. It seems he'd been appointed House Atreides' mentat. Shame

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
There are two viable raid options here.
An aggressive push against their fortress, we can hope to turn the tide of momentum.
Or the Windtrap, where we can beef ourselves up, but potentially make ourselves weaker if we lose, no matter what would follow would be an offensive from them.

The former seems to be the riskier of the two options, but the later is also as risky, with the chance of just making us that much more easy to overrun in the raid after. I guess you can say the difference between the two of them is when the risk plays out, in the case of attacking their fortress the extra front man they get is the risky element, in the case of attacking the windtrap the risk comes in the form of weaker defensive afterwards.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Really this is all appropriate because we can't be the good guys and just steam roll this game.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

mr.capps posted:

An aggressive push against their fortress, we can hope to turn the tide of momentum.
Or the Windtrap, where we can beef ourselves up, but potentially make ourselves weaker if we lose, no matter what would follow would be an offensive from them.

The former seems to be the riskier of the two options, but the later is also as risky, with the chance of just making us that much more easy to overrun in the raid after. I guess you can say the difference between the two of them is when the risk plays out, in the case of attacking their fortress the extra front man they get is the risky element, in the case of attacking the windtrap the risk comes in the form of weaker defensive afterwards.

:ghost: latter is the correct word not later :ghost:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Magnus Gallant posted:

:ghost: latter is the correct word not later :ghost:

why... why did i let merk kill you

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

we must impeach capps. he is suffering from Sand Madness

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

GulagDolls posted:

we must impeach capps. he is suffering from Sand Madness

gulag my most trusted aide, which place shall we raid?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i dont see point of fighting in the wind trap. it has trap in its name for a reason.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

GulagDolls posted:

i dont see point of fighting in the wind trap. it has trap in its name for a reason.

all survivors would get +1 dmg in our next battle

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

mr.capps posted:

all survivors would get +1 dmg in our next battle

How much information do you want about your fighters now?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

mr.capps posted:

No guts, no glory. Let's take out his fortress. You being able to instantly kill someone in their thread seems like it will level the playing field.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

yeah, what is the point of fighting a battle to win a buff, when we could just....Fight a battle to win something like killing someone in the other thread. buffing only seems valuable if we can fight a battle to, um, Win the entire game

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

apostateCourier posted:

How much information do you want about your fighters now?

just tell me exactly what you think i should know, i don't see the point of keeping things hush hush like diqnol is doing

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
honestly no matter what i am probably going to choose the fortress option i just want to be a good leader and hear your guys opinons too

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

mr.capps posted:

just tell me exactly what you think i should know, i don't see the point of keeping things hush hush like diqnol is doing

I am a serial killer

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

mr.capps posted:

honestly no matter what i am probably going to choose the fortress option i just want to be a good leader and hear your guys opinons too

If you're choosing the fortress, you want me in the fight.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

GulagDolls posted:

I am a serial killer

:stonk:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

:stwoon:

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

mr.capps posted:

I'm a force multiplier, whom works best with our laser rifle guy (whoever that happens to be).

Oh. That could be another explanation for why so many people died in the last fight- there could have been a laser + shield incident.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

apostateCourier posted:

I'm a force multiplier, whom works best with our laser rifle guy (whoever that happens to be).

Oh. That could be another explanation for why so many people died in the last fight- there could have been a laser + shield incident.

A laser would probably be a range weapon, laser explosions are suppose to kill both the target and the shooter.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

mr.capps posted:

A laser would probably be a range weapon, laser explosions are suppose to kill both the target and the shooter.

We might have had a laser in the back row. I'm just thinking out loud.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

apostateCourier posted:

Don't think it is possible.

quote:

Spice Field Delta - Deep Desert
“He who controls the spice, controls the universe” - Baron Vladimir Harkonnen. Of course there are risks too - the Shai-hulud, giant sandworms, feel and are attracted to the agitation and vibration in the sand.
Deep Desert Environment - due to the abundance of sandworms in this zone, shields may not be used, rendering ballistics more effective. (all Ranged attacks gain +2 to damage) a sandworm is always attracted to battles here, and Ranged rank characters each have a 20% chance of being eaten by a sandworm after the healing phase of battle.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

maybe 100yrs brought sandworm bait to the battle

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

GulagDolls posted:

maybe 100yrs brought sandworm bait to the battle

honestly this is what i am thinking, because god drat our rear rank got hosed

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
like even without 100 yrs contributing we managed to kill their entire front rank, if it wasn't for those sandworms we probably would have been able to beat them in pure dmg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfPXVebX1PI#t=11

• Locked thread