Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's ultimately going to end up as Goldust's partner?
This poll is closed.
:gerty: Adam Rose :gerty: 30 8.96%
:420: Evan Bourne :420: 29 8.66%
:corsair: Rob Van Dam :corsair: 18 5.37%
:wcc: Vacant :wcc: 40 11.94%
218 65.07%
Total: 335 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

keeping my fingers crossed for sweet t

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
This is the first time I've heard of Mark Carrano and I hate him just because he's most likely responsible for breaking up 3MB.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Ugggghhhhhhh

Honestly though I've considered not renewing my subscription since the product has gone downhill for me in quality, so I guess that's not much of a surprise it hasn't been as successful at this point.

I guess what I'm trying to say is Vince/Dunn have got to go.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Fibby Boy posted:

This is the first time I've heard of Mark Carrano and I hate him just because he's most likely responsible for breaking up 3MB.

He made the actual phone calls, not that he was the one making the decisions. He's also all over Total Divas and is a total knob.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Daniel Bryan posted:

He made the actual phone calls, not that he was the one making the decisions. He's also all over Total Divas and is a total knob.

Thank you i came to say this, he is a weasel

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Baby Babbeh posted:

Kind of shocked they fired Teddy. Also why only two members of 3MB? What the hell is Heath Slater going to do by himself?

Clem Layfield.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
At least they got phone calls and weren't fired via Fedex

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Daniel Bryan posted:

Ah I completely mis-read the first couple lines then.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
It could always be worse! I had a job once where I was made to train my replacement on the pretense that it was a new hire and then fired right afterwards.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Fibby Boy posted:

This is the first time I've heard of Mark Carrano

I take it you don't watch Total Divas. It's basically his job to give the talent lovely news so the higher ups don't have to get their hands dirty.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

triplexpac posted:

Some poor soul is going to check PSP after a hard day's work, see 1259 new posts, and think someone went Benoit

I almost did til I saw the changed thread title.

Also now I feel bad about the Bourne poll option. :smith:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Valeyard posted:

At least they got phone calls and weren't fired via Fedex
Austin was dodging phone calls! Eric was not being a jerk by firing him that way.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Selane posted:

I take it you don't watch Total Divas. It's basically his job to give the talent lovely news so the higher ups don't have to get their hands dirty.

Nope. Never have.

Really curious if there's more firings to happen and who will be in the next batch.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Baby Babbeh posted:

Kind of shocked they fired Teddy. Also why only two members of 3MB? What the hell is Heath Slater going to do by himself?

Wade could use a lackey.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Heartbroken about the release of Drew, Jinder, JTG and Evan. While looking up past releases, I was surprised to see TNA come up in one of the search results.
http://www.wwe.com/inside/industrynews/8339078

Have there been other references to TNA in the past that I've missed, or is this it? Also, who the hell is this guy?

EDIT: I realize it's from a while ago, but I'm still shocked to see TNA's name mentioned anywhere, even in a search.

SylvainMustach fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jun 12, 2014

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Baby Babbeh posted:

Pretty sure Slater could handle any wacky bullshit they'll inevitably give him. And he's fun to watch in the ring.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Fibby Boy posted:

Nope. Never have.

Really curious if there's more firings to happen and who will be in the next batch.

This is Mark Carrano. He even looks like a slimeball.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
I'm shocked that Teddy Long is 66. I would have guessed early 50's at most.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

SylvainMustach posted:

Heartbroken about the release of Drew, Jinder, JTG and Evan. While looking up past releases, I was surprised to see TNA come up in one of the search results.
http://www.wwe.com/inside/industrynews/8339078

Have there been other references to TNA in the past that I've missed, or is this it? Also, who the hell is this guy?

WWE.com used to post "industry news" that would include indies and TNA because they wanted NEWZZZZ site traffic. It failed and they stopped it pretty quick after starting it.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

Looking through the SEC docs, it looks like a private equity firm took a 5 percent stake in WWE at the end of May. Given that investors like that generally push for layoffs after they get a significant stake, I guess a round of layoffs right now isn't surprising. Also, hilariously, WWE filed a conflict minerals report because the title belts have small amounts of tin. You can rest easy, the WWE World Heavyweight title contains no blood tin from the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Some Other Guy posted:

keeping my fingers crossed for sweet t

He's not going anytime soon. He's had a big contract compared to the others to jump from NJPW to WWE and it seems like WWE see's him as a good possibly trainer in the future.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Daniel Bryan posted:

WWE.com used to post "industry news" that would include indies and TNA because they wanted NEWZZZZ site traffic. It failed and they stopped it pretty quick after starting it.

Got it. That makes sense. After digging some more, I found a few other articles mentioning the company. Thanks.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Cromulent posted:

I'm shocked that Teddy Long is 66. I would have guessed early 50's at most.

He's been in the wrestling business a long time. I remember him managing teams back when WCW was still the NWA.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Daniel Bryan posted:

He looks like a Dick Tracy villain.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Baby Babbeh posted:

probably the same thing he was doing before he got two sidekicks? Which is to say the exact same thing he was doing with two sidekicks

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Daniel Bryan posted:

He looks like the perverted villains you see in cartoons and some movies that are incredibly skeevy.

"Come on girls is time for the [snort] Photo Shoot heh heh heh heh." All said in a nasally voice.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

triplexpac posted:

Some poor soul is going to check PSP after a hard day's work, see 1259 new posts, and think someone went Benoit

I just assume there's a huge Punk and/or Bryan argument going on when I see the post count skyrocket.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Baby Babbeh posted:

Heath is apparently not only very good at making other wrestlers look good, but very safe to work with given that during his rookie year in WWE they chose him as the guy to "wrestle" Bret 'A strong breeze could potentially kill me' Hart. A guy like him is pretty much the closest thing we have to the Brooklyn Brawler nowadays, he's very much "enhancement talent".

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Heath is apparently not only very good at making other wrestlers look good, but very safe to work with given that during his rookie year in WWE they chose him as the guy to "wrestle" Bret 'A strong breeze could potentially kill me' Hart. A guy like him is pretty much the closest thing we have to the Brooklyn Brawler nowadays, he's very much "enhancement talent".

I could see him being the kind of guy they use as a trainer at some point. Or to help somebody like the Rock get ready for a comeback.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
NXT is being taped right now and apparently the crowd is chanting the released wrestlers' names.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I could see him being the kind of guy they use as a trainer at some point. Or to help somebody like the Rock get ready for a comeback.

They cut Hawkins though.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Daniel Bryan posted:

NXT is being taped right now and apparently the crowd is chanting the released wrestlers' names.

I would expect nothing less from that crowd

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

jscolon2.0 posted:

They cut Hawkins though.
Oh yeah...he's friends with The Rock, isn't he?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

jscolon2.0 posted:

They cut Hawkins though.

Exactly, so Heath takes his gig.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Exactly, so Heath takes his gig.

Never being on TV and then being fired?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Daniel Bryan posted:

Well, he did just lose his stable, his job could be next....

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Daniel Bryan posted:

lol

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Well, he did just lose his stable, his job could be next....

Heath Slater's job is always next.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Shima Honnou posted:

Heath Slater's job is always next.

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jason Funk
Dec 23, 2007

by XyloJW

Roman Reigns posted:

Ugggghhhhhhh

Honestly though I've considered not renewing my subscription since the product has gone downhill for me in quality, so I guess that's not much of a surprise it hasn't been as successful at this point.

I guess what I'm trying to say is Vince/Dunn have got to go.

I decided to not renew a few weeks ago. I'd rather have Netflix

• Locked thread