Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Al! posted:

shes trying to pass via omission, which is loving weird

???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Complete baby brain

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
What’s the suicide rate aming climate scientists again?

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Raskolnikov38 posted:

this is just a dasha and other-crazy-bitch-who-isnt-dasha biography isnt it

adam stays winning

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

we'll get there by 2045

plan accordingly

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

KomradeX posted:

I saw a thing today about how NYC is just going to be hotter and wetter from now on and we just have to accept that. Living in this country just saps hope out of anyone that isnt a dead eyed psycho

I was gonna say that i can't wait until the subway tunnels start flooding to the point of uselessness but apparently that is happening already:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/09/29/nyregion/nyc-flood-mta-subway.html

no money in the budget for subway maintenance unfortunately. We needed to spend it on the national guardsmen who stand in the corner twiddling their thumbs all day

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

tristeham posted:

adam stays winning

who do you think the "toby" character is a thinly veiled analogue for

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Casey Finnigan posted:

I was gonna say that i can't wait until the subway tunnels start flooding to the point of uselessness but apparently that is happening already:

no money in the budget for subway maintenance unfortunately. We needed to spend it on the national guardsmen who stand in the corner twiddling their thumbs all day

Only money for repression can't spend it to fix old infrastructure, let alone build anything new not geared torwards tourists

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
it's okay most subway riders will be content to blame it on homeless people

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Casey Finnigan posted:

Doing anything that isn't more violence is lostech

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/JoshuaSteinman/status/1788327786098336081

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

does the tiktok ban bill require tiktok to divest all operations and branding globally to an american company or just the american part

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

comedyblissoption posted:

does the tiktok ban bill require tiktok to divest all operations and branding globally to an american company or just the american part

Just the American part, nonetheless random American techbros' entitlement over it is hilarious and I'm glad they're not playing ball.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

first reformed is a documentary

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

You could pick any random person at the protests and they have a better understanding of the Middle East than Hillary Clinton

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I'm enjoying the fact that Biden can't win: he's already Genocide Joe but even the "bear hug" he's given the apartheid state isn't enough for the psychopaths who demand more. Like someone said, as a dipshit centrist Genocide Joe probably thinks everyone being mad at him is an asset, but when you're in an election year and only barely won the first time, it's probably not the smartest idea for everyone to hate your loving guts.

I've little doubt. The fact that more people are mad at him now is proof that what he is doing is working and is cool, good policy. It will all come down to if "but drumpf" + "vote blue no matter who" are enough to bring biden across the finish line.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

VoicesCanBe posted:

You could pick any random person at the protests and they have a better understanding of the Middle East than Hillary Clinton

she is still really mad that there are still people left unkilled in syria and libya

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

quote:

Hey, Rolly, you ever lose your remote control? And then your wife start getting all mad because the roof won’t close and the bed that’s in the shape of your face is getting rained on? Hahaha. I like you, Rolly. Can I feel the rough skin on your hands?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Uncle Wemus posted:

it’s the orange shitgibbon that’s mentally unstable, and he and the GQP are saying that Israel should “finish the job”. Biden says he’s going to cut off bombs and munitions if the IDF goes into Rafah. Dolt45 would bombing Gaza and probably Iran.

I'm convinced now that these people do not remember that Trump already was president and didn't do all these things he supposedly would immediately do.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Animal-Mother posted:

I'm convinced now that these people do not remember that Trump already was president and didn't do all these things he supposedly would immediately do.

oh totally. we don't have to speculate at what trump "would" do because we already have an excellent model to look to: his first term. then again, remembering this means remembering that hillary lost and that is a very sore subject to a lot of people

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

she will never stop being mad that people didn't vote for her

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

spacemang_spliff posted:

theyre making that one biden drawing Nichael always posts (you know the one) into a movie

I don';t know, you'll have to post it

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

KomradeX posted:

I saw a thing today about how NYC is just going to be hotter and wetter from now on and we just have to accept that. Living in this country just saps hope out of anyone that isnt a dead eyed psycho

Wet Hot American Century

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

bedpan posted:

I've little doubt. The fact that more people are mad at him now is proof that what he is doing is working and is cool, good policy. It will all come down to if "but drumpf" + "vote blue no matter who" are enough to bring biden across the finish line.

One of the Trillbilly guys on the recent Chapo made the good point that a lot of Trump supporters are checked out and just think Biden will steal the election "again," and this wouldn't be reflected in polling. They've basically lost faith in electoralism.

I feel like turnout is going to be exceptionally low, but that this might actually help Biden now.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Animal-Mother posted:

the usual thing that gets brought up is project 2025, as if it's somehow different from all the heinous poo poo republicans have wanted to do for quite a long time

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=---fLPEVCFM

ex post facho has issued a correction as of 01:22 on May 10, 2024

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
first reformed is a fantastic movie

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

One of the Trillbilly guys on the recent Chapo made the good point that a lot of Trump supporters are checked out and just think Biden will steal the election "again," and this wouldn't be reflected in polling. They've basically lost faith in electoralism.

I feel like turnout is going to be exceptionally low, but that this might actually help Biden now.

I do think turnout now helps the right across the board, either with the GOP in generals, or the establishment right wing Dem in primaries.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

ex post facho posted:

first reformed is a fantastic movie

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Ytlaya posted:

why the scare quotes. it's undeniable that biden stole the election

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Animal-Mother posted:

Trump Part 2 will be bad, duh. But I predict he'll be as checked-out as he was around late 2019 and 2020. TBH he reminds me of myself, in that once I get something, I get momentarily happy then lapse back into *~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*Ennui Overdrive~*~*~*~*~*~*~

This could have two ramifications. It either lets the Stephen Millers do whatever they want, or it hobbles the government (hopefully), and leads to complete inaction (an unambiguous plus).

tristeham posted:

why the scare quotes. it's undeniable that biden stole the election

you can't steal something that functionally does not exist

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

It still cracks me up that in one of his rare moments of lucidity and self-awareness, Trump's favorite song is apparently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCRZZC-DH7M

I relate so much.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Nichael posted:

I do think turnout now helps the right across the board, either with the GOP in generals, or the establishment right wing Dem in primaries.
I dunno, if Biden wins, I feel like it'll be on the back of pro-choice turnout. But my crystal ball has historically sucked.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Nichael posted:

Trump Part 2 will be bad, duh. But I predict he'll be as checked-out as he was around late 2019 and 2020. TBH he reminds me of myself, in that once I get something, I get momentarily happy then lapse back into *~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*Ennui Overdrive~*~*~*~*~*~*~

This could have two ramifications. It either lets the Stephen Millers do whatever they want, or it hobbles the government (hopefully), and leads to complete inaction (an unambiguous plus).

I forget when it happened but trump said out loud to a crowd he was addressing that he had a good life and hosed it up by getting into politics and wants to just grab one of the parked trucks and just drive away

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Ham Equity posted:

I dunno, if Biden wins, I feel like it'll be on the back of pro-choice turnout. But my crystal ball has historically sucked.

Who knows tbh? None of this matters.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

bedpan posted:

I forget when it happened but trump said out loud to a crowd he was addressing that he had a good life and hosed it up by getting into politics and wants to just grab one of the parked trucks and just drive away

again, much like myself, he has no goals beyond spite. once accomplished, he feels nothing.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Nichael posted:

Thinking about that Trump quote where he talks about dealing with the stress of life by checking out. Can't remember it off the top of my head but he just lists a bunch of banal things and caps it off with "and then a flood kills 100,000 people in India. It doesn't matter" or whatever the hell the actual quote is

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Trump would've won 2020 if he hadn't been so utterly checked out. He fumbled everything, including listening to Dark Ducklos who told him to not do the Superman shirt stunt.

However, had he won, he wouldn't have successfully dominated American politics for 14 years straight, as he is on track to currently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

TeenageArchipelago posted:

Thinking about that Trump quote where he talks about dealing with the stress of life by checking out. Can't remember it off the top of my head but he just lists a bunch of banal things and caps it off with "and then a flood kills 100,000 people in India. It doesn't matter" or whatever the hell the actual quote is