Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

slave to my cravings posted:

I need an eight foot long Italian hoagie

Order with the app. If you use the app you get a discount.

I think it was Pizza Hut where I looked at the menu prices online, then drove there as they were so close, and was told, "Oh, those are the prices for ordering with the app. Since you didn't order with the app, here are the actual prices.

"I'm standing right here ordering a pizza and you're charging me more?"

"Sir, you should use the app next time." "You loving boomer."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
every economist must die

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

the popes toes posted:

I think it was Pizza Hut where I looked at the menu prices online, then drove there as they were so close, and was told, "Oh, those are the prices for ordering with the app. Since you didn't order with the app, here are the actual prices.

Hahahahaha gently caress I hate this

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Chamale posted:

$15 is the maximum price you personally can afford to pay - any more than that, you're better off going hungry or getting food elsewhere.

Don't get fooled by the weird phrasing, the question is just "Is it possible for a meal to be too pricey to be worth buying?"

No. I brought my own food.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Chamale posted:

$15 is the maximum price you personally can afford to pay - any more than that, you're better off going hungry or getting food elsewhere.

You wouldn't be going to a restaurant in that case, you'd be microwaving instant ramen at home

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I'm coming down with a really unpleasant flu that may be my third run with COVID, is that the economy

Number go up I guess (number of times I have gotten this wretched disease)

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Speaking of the flu, Number is almost fully recovered from its little bout of the sniffles. big jumps every day. tech is healthy, lean, and funding $100 billion buybacks. ATHs soon.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Vox Nihili posted:

Speaking of the flu, Number is almost fully recovered from its little bout of the sniffles. big jumps every day. tech is healthy, lean, and funding $100 billion buybacks. ATHs soon.

I love that bullish rhymes with bullshit

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

er, strictly that's not a rhyme, it's uhhhhhh poo poo what do you call it

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Tsitsikovas posted:

Most times its contracted labor, unless they work for some company (session musicians, if that still exists, or like broadway musicians) maybe theyre treated as regular employees. But in my experiences ive seen artists pretty much only treated as indie labor.

Of course depending on who the musician is it could be handled via an LLC or s corp. Lot of freelancers do that kinda thing if its worth the effort

Yeah, I totally get it. I never incorporated bc when I was in California they had a humongo filing fee every year for LLCs/S-corps & it didn't seem worth it, but I had some regrets once those PPP "loans" rolled out in 2020 & I was no longer in CA.

For having to travel to auditions & such it's far better to be 1099 than W2.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Potato Salad posted:

poetic license

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Potato Salad posted:

Assonance?

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

slant rhyme

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
a slant rhyme is a grizzled 70's country singer/songwriter rhyming "devil" and "shovel"

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

nm, whats bofa who w/ u, dogg?

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

that’s racist

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

RealityWarCriminal posted:

every economist must die

:hmmyes:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Never thought I'd say this, but I genuinely and truthfully hope wall street sends the pinkertons to rough up the strikers.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

every economist must die

The Prodigy - Investors Must Die

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

jpow needs to make the prime rate 10% after reading this

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

maybe consider a tax on them

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

better come with a bachelor's in kinesiology for that kind of dough

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

mycomancy posted:

Hahahahaha gently caress I hate this

McDonalds is really the reigning champion here, where you can very easily pay double or even triple for an order if you just roll up and tell them what you want. It's like an extreme version of coupon cutting where the coupons are 75% off and you pay for them with your personal data.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

FistEnergy posted:

They surgically extract your brain, replace it with a low paid worker's, and make them exercise your body for you while you play videogames. Worth every penny.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Too much imo

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Not shrinkflation per se as it's a different brand, but I had a bitter laugh when opening the packet of toilet paper after getting home from the shops today (bog roll from the previous pack for reference). Notice that in addition to the 70% less TP there's also a good few extra millimetres of diameter on the tube. Truly innovative stuff.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

FistEnergy posted:

You can actually do something with a gym membership tho

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

FizFashizzle posted:

You can actually do something with a gym membership tho

yeah but a normal gym membership isn't something you have to spin as an "investment" to appeal to the kind of morons who only think in terms of monetary profit.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

it's a country club for wealthy wokes who don't golf

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
it's a place to meet chicks and be shot down

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

if you pay $40,000 you get a card which allows you to pester the women at the gym exercising

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I love how an “absurdly expensive” gym is the price of undergrad that people pay without blinking

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

it's a place to meet chicks and be shot down

I would be infuriated if I had to suffer lame come-ons after paying $40k

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

the popes toes posted:

Gotta love the digital hostile architecture.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i like saving money on the app, or as i call it, snaggin a deal!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Red Baron posted:

I would be infuriated if I had to suffer lame come-ons after paying $40k

Agreed. Here it is like $10.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i just get free food by flirting with the incredibly gay manager like a normal person

seems short sighted on his part though, i may be hot now but another month of free baconators and im gonna become the baconator

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

ProfessorBooty posted:

That's such a nonsense question when you think about how most businesses operate anyway.

"suppose you are willing to pay up to $1000 for landscape work. Your favorite contractor bids $1100. Do you maintain your business relationship with the contractor of known reputation or do you throw the dice and find someone else?"

The question’s got insidious vibes because it’s basically taking an axiom of economics and making it into something with a right/wrong answer, and furthermore making YOU the person who is right if you choose to behave in the way that the economic models assume humans behave.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

euphronius posted:

I love how an “absurdly expensive” gym is the price of undergrad that people pay without blinking

exclusivity of the utterly mundane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

What the gently caress do the other 62% think?

https://x.com/unusual_whales/status/1787841564955365500?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA