Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Wasn't the pilot also itself reworked from an earlier shoot where they had to recast a bunch of people who sucked the life out of it?
It's a miracle that show ever came together and then the funniest tragedy when it fell apart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Surf's Up, peasants!

Peter Danklage

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

i didn't realize that Jennifer Ehle was originally Catelyn Stark, the lady who actually got the role was good but I'd've been curious to see that.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

babypolis posted:

also lol at saying devito is in "good health"

I have no idea what his personal health is, but he isn't literally Frank. Everything I know about his personal life is extremely normie, especially for Hollywood standards. He is/was also a huge advocate for Bernie, Corbyn, etc and routinely gave good hype speeches.

Yeah, he could die any day, but I am comfortable saying Biden dies at a younger age than Danny. People age differently.

Also, of course some of this is hope on my part because I want Danny to never die.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

this guy fucks

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Nichael posted:

He is/was also a huge advocate for Bernie, Corbyn, etc and routinely gave good hype speeches.

that doesn't sound very healthy to me.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

we all had that illness :(

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Nichael posted:

I have no idea what his personal health is, but he isn't literally Frank. Everything I know about his personal life is extremely normie, especially for Hollywood standards. He is/was also a huge advocate for Bernie, Corbyn, etc and routinely gave good hype speeches.

Yeah, he could die any day, but I am comfortable saying Biden dies at a younger age than Danny. People age differently.

Also, of course some of this is hope on my part because I want Danny to never die.

more importantly than most things, he's still got his wits about him in interviews and he's got energy for days
the man is always bobbing around and having a drat good time with things

Good Soldier Svejk has issued a correction as of 22:08 on Jun 27, 2024

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
he's the spokesperson for Jersey Mike's, and those fresh sliced, authentic Northeast-American style sub sandwiches on fresh baked bread, prepared Mike's Way, will surely keep him in both good health and spirits for years to come

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
him, Schwarzenegger and Keaton had a fun bit at the Oscars

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

works for dick van dyke

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I'm pretty sure everything is actually a bit more poo poo in GoT. The throne is much less impressive, no one even realizes the light-up table is a light-up table, and I think the Wall is also in a worse state of repair. The various soldiers also wear different styles of armor. I'm not sure you should really expect a huge visual change either, when the material conditions haven't really changed much in the intervening years. Like, they change their aesthetics, but it's not like the industrial period where fashion rapidly evolved due to technology giving access to new fabrics and dyes.

Aside from that, the setting is also about a fantasy society that has apparently been in a prolonged dark ages/medieval period spanning thousands of years. Scale those 200 years by that factor, and it's really more like only two generations.

the world has dragons and undead dudes who can turn people into zombies

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Do you think love can bloom even on a battlefield, Booby?

Fighting Elegy posted:

works for dick van dyke

Actually his secret is having two swears in his name

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Also you can see some of the bad wigs they were gonna use from the original pilot in a couple scenes that got left in the pilot.

lol you can tell they clearly told someone to get a doll from target for the opening scene

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

I'm glad that Jiminy Glick is back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgB54zTrh0U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoUAp9HCUv0

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

the milk machine posted:

he's the spokesperson for Jersey Mike's, and those fresh sliced, authentic Northeast-American style sub sandwiches on fresh baked bread, prepared Mike's Way, will surely keep him in both good health and spirits for years to come

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

the founder of jersey mike isn’t named Mike. that’s hosed up

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
Yup. Shouldn't be allowed.

Boston Pizza originated in Edmonton, Canada wtf

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Blood Boils posted:

Boston Pizza is an exclusively Canadian brand as far as I know

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

loquacius posted:

Boston Pizza is an exclusively Canadian brand as far as I know

also it’s named after Boston Corbett the man who castrated himself and killed John Wilkes booth

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Blood Boils posted:

Cafe Rio is from Salt Lake City

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Fighting Elegy posted:

Yeah I stopped watching America's Got Talent because now its more like "America's Got Victims". They're all about the sob story for every single contestant when we all just want to kick back and watch some ventriloquism

In the 1940s and '50s there was a show called Queen for a Day where women would come in and talk about how awful their lives were and the one with the most awful life was declared the winner:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVoaKJbkE-Y

I guess making them show a talent is a more recent idea.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Action Jacktion posted:

In the 1940s and '50s there was a show called Queen for a Day where women would come in and talk about how awful their lives were and the one with the most awful life was declared the winner:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVoaKJbkE-Y

I guess making them show a talent is a more recent idea.

man if anyone hasnt watched a few full episodes of this poo poo you really owe it to yourselves, you think reality is trashy and upsetting these days, it aint got poo poo on loving Queen for a Day

it cant be overstated how it was the misery olympics, imagine Double Dare if the questions were about how much shoe leather and sawdust your children ate a week and the physical challenge was choking back legitimate tears

the prize was like a new dresser and a spa day and a carton of cigarettes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://x.com/jimsciutto/status/1806701661932675436

There is hope yet.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
free the hurdy gurdy man

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

lol

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

how did you find this picture of me at my friends house

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

lmao!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

rip martin mull

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Gene Parmesan :(

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

RIP to a real one

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Miss u...
He was funny on Roseanne. Shame. Unless he was hosed up I dunno

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

hope they're in the front yard

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Nichael posted:

you guys have weird ideas about old age. especially with wealthy people who are likely in good health. this isn't biden we're talking about.

Anything past 65 is a way higher risk for stroke or heart attack even if you're rich

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Caught up on The Boys and I say it's still good fun. Previous episode showed they still had the ability to turn the horror comedy gore into genuinely disturbing stuff. The supposition that they don't want to touch the MCU is silly given the most recent episode's backdrop is a con where Vaught lays out their next 5 phases of garbage. Homelander somehow temporarily turning the corner into a better dad after torturing and murdering the people from his childhood is a trajectory I wasn't expecting. Still some mediocre "ok, here's some character drama but they trade barbs before" scenes but that's always been there. Ozempic Mother's Milk is one of those "good for him, but lol for the writers" things.

It's got one more season in it, then it's done. Not a bad thing. What other show can you watch people fight superpowered farm animals?

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Episode 5 was pretty okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

chapo movie mindset episodes are usually their better ones