Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

whoa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Sub-Actuality posted:

Game 2-17

Lyle in Cube Sector (PC) - 2006 - Deadline 7/7/23 11:59EST

Lyle in Cube Sector is a Metroidvania developed by Bogosoft (one dev) in 2006. Lyle is looking for his missing cat in Cube Sector, and heck if he isn't just going to use all the cubes to do so.

Lyle's cube powers include picking up and throwing cubes, using a cube for a double jump, and generating phantom cubes out of thin air. David Jaffe Note: Cubes in this game are depicted as squares. This is because we are viewing them from the side.

cool music 4 cubes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9oQ5SVPiKQ

Link to the game manual:

Trophies:

: Get Phantom Cube Magic
: Beat the game
: Upgrade Phantom Cube Magic to Level 4
: Upgrade max HP to 15

:siren:Game starts 7/1/23 12AM EST:siren:

Thanks to b_d for the pick & trophy images. Good luck imps!

lets loving go.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Arrhythmia posted:

Lyle in Cube Sector: there's too many cugging cubes!!!!! die!!!!!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

you motherfccuker

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

thanks i wanted to find this post but was too lazy and stupid to try

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Fungah! posted:

you motherfccuker

Lol whoops.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

idk what Lyle In Cube Sector is but it looks cool so good pick!

in other good news, i've been working with Sub on trophies for my month-long pick and i think we're nearly ready to announce it.

i won't spoil it, but let's just say it's the direct sequel to a beloved RPG. a saga, if you will. one that can be quite devilish at times.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

tmfc posted:

in other good news, i've been working with Sub on trophies for my month-long pick and i think we're nearly ready to announce it.

i won't spoil it, but let's just say it's the direct sequel to a beloved RPG. a saga, if you will. one that can be quite devilish at times.

You should have a Satan plat, hard mode trophy and Jack frost quiz questions trophy. See ya

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Sub-Actuality posted:

Link to the game manual:

- Somewhere in the CubeSector there exists a secret room! Can you find it!? Of course not! Because yoo suck HAHAHAHA... or do you?

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Game 2-18

Suikoden II (PSX) - 1999 - Deadline 7/31/23 11:59EST

Suikoden II is a JRPG developed and published in 1998 (and released in 1999 in NA) by Konami. The City-States of Jowston have been invaded by the Kingdom of Highland. The player and his best friend Jowy each gain one half of the Rune of the Beginning, one of the 27 True Runes, and set out to recruit the 108 Stars of Destiny, who together have the power to alter fate.

Suikoden II sold badly and got middling reviews, mainly because people wanted every PSX game in 1999 to have lovely 3D graphics instead of gorgeous pixel art. Those people are all dead now, and Suikoden II is rightly considered a classic.

crying from video game music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7CKWhNB4Es

Link to the game manual:

Trophies:

: Beat the game (any ending)
: Recruit all 108 Stars of Destiny
: Complete Clive's quest
: Collect all recipes
: Beat Level 5 on the Dancing Stage
: Clear Whack-A-Mole on Hard Mode
: Get the 'True' Ending (PLATINUM)

Thanks to tmfc for the pick and trophy ideas. Good luck imps!

Sub-Actuality fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jun 30, 2023

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

tmfc posted:

lol yep

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

*tosses pixel remasters in the trash and picks up suikoden 1*

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Oh hell yeah

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Cool, I've been reading Water Margin. Loosely inspired ftw.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Sub-Actuality posted:

Game 2-18

Suikoden II is a JRPG developed and published in 1998 (and released in 1999 in NA) by Konami. The City-States of Jowston have been invaded by the Kingdom of Highland. The player and his best friend Jowy each gain one half of the Rune of the Beginning, one of the 27 True Runes, and set out to recruit the 108 Stars of Destiny, who together have the power to alter fate.

Suikoden II sold badly and got middling reviews, mainly because people wanted every PSX game in 1999 to have lovely 3D graphics instead of gorgeous pixel art. Those people are all dead now, and Suikoden II is rightly considered a classic.

Link to the game manual:

Trophies:

: Get the "True" Ending (PLATINUM)

Sick :letsgo:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Well I've never played Suikoden and have been meaning to for years so good a time as any

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
hell yeah im psychedoken

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Well I've never played Suikoden and have been meaning to for years so good a time as any

this was my reasoning for picking it, I figured real heads will probably try to cram Suikoden I in beforehand lol. time permitting I will do this too, I haven't played any of them and have always meant to.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

i still need to finish link's awakening though. i'm in eagle's tower now, very tricky dungeon without a guide. i remembered that i had to knock down the 4 pillars but couldn't remember how to get to them all. still have one to go.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Suck on Deez II.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

cool. looking forward to both games.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i never played a suikoden.

tmfc posted:

this was my reasoning for picking it, I figured real heads will probably try to cram Suikoden I in beforehand lol. time permitting I will do this too, I haven't played any of them and have always meant to.

if i'm not a real head is it ok to play it without playing the first one.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

b_d posted:

i never played a suikoden.

if i'm not a real head is it ok to play it without playing the first one.

probably, it takes place after the first one and you play as a different hero so i assume it wouldn't be critical to play the first one before the second. in all seriousness i will probably not have time to play the first one lol.

also apparently this is the type of game where if you go in blind, you will absolutely miss stuff

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

tmfc posted:

probably, it takes place after the first one and you play as a different hero so i assume it wouldn't be critical to play the first one before the second. in all seriousness i will probably not have time to play the first one lol.

also apparently this is the type of game where if you go in blind, you will absolutely miss stuff

Yeah I played them both for the first time last year and went in blind and completely missed the main part in 2 where importing your save from 1 has epic stuff happen

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i don't mind missing stuff.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

havent played any of the suikodens in years but i'll try to squeeze II in when i can

sourdough posted:

Yeah I played them both for the first time last year and went in blind and completely missed the main part in 2 where importing your save from 1 has epic stuff happen

its real hype poo poo. i pogged tf out when i learned about it in a gamepro strat guide as a teenager

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

: Solve all Micross puzzles

knocked out the micross. they should put an 80x80 in one of these that isn't split up into 64 10x10s

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

son of a bitch.

i'm also down to play a game i've NEVER heard of, ever. playing new games completely blind ftw

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

French Accent posted:

son of a bitch.

i'm also down to play a game i've NEVER heard of, ever. playing new games completely blind ftw

suikoden is win

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

elf help book posted:

suikoden is win

:hai:

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Cool choices, looking forward to checking back every week for the new choices.

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

you sound real excited

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Sub-Actuality posted:

Game 2-18

Link to the game manual:

Trophies:

: Get the "True" Ending (PLATINUM)

lol gently caress when i'll be on vacation for a third of the month. oh well

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

que sera sera posted:

you sound real excited

Still shaken up about the Titanic sub, trying to find joy in life right now sorry

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

considering i'm one of the only people on earth who has beaten the DS suikoden game, I'm excited to play one that is actually good. Game on.

Also Lyle in Cube Sector looks like exactly the kind of game I love. Game on 2x

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

tmfc posted:

Beforeiplay to the rescue.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Suikoden 2 brings data in from 1 as well, including a cool bug where it names your characters first and last name the same so if you are Henry in suikoden 1 you are called HENRY HENRY in Suikoden 2

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
henry henry and luigi henry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

The Kins posted:

henry henry and luigi henry