Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I have eleven level 90 weapons. We may have different definitions of "enough".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
drat, reading these notes seems to imply a poo poo load of activities this month, and a daily login bonus resulting in 10 wishes over 7 days? This is pretty neat unless I'm misunderstanding what they are doing.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

No Wave posted:

I have eleven level 90 weapons. We may have different definitions of "enough".

That seems accurate. I think I just need more weapons worth leveling.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

LorneReams posted:

drat, reading these notes seems to imply a poo poo load of activities this month, and a daily login bonus resulting in 10 wishes over 7 days? This is pretty neat unless I'm misunderstanding what they are doing.
I think you're understanding correctly. The downside is we won't actually get most of those wishes until the Xiao banner has already rotated.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004

I love you, boy. One pack, always.

Lipstick Apathy

Pain of Mind posted:

I don't farm daily at all, if I run across some ore on the way to a daily I will grab it, but I never seek it out. I gain the majority of my ore from the expeditions. I have 3 level 90 weapons, 2 level 80, 2 level 70, and a smattering of ~ 20. I have about 2200 white iron chunks, 1100 crystal chunks, ~ 2000 of both the small and mid sized upgrade mat and then 1400 of the Mystic Enhancement Ore. I have no idea how many levels that is worth, but it is significantly more than any of my elemental chunks or 93 purple exp books. All of my weapons are 4* fwiw.

Keep in mind you can only craft 120 crystal chunks a day into mystic ore. I usually keep around 150 crystal/150 white iron just for potential weapon/gadget crafting, then turn the rest into enhancement ore.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Pain of Mind posted:

I don't farm daily at all, if I run across some ore on the way to a daily I will grab it, but I never seek it out. I gain the majority of my ore from the expeditions. I have 3 level 90 weapons, 2 level 80, 2 level 70, and a smattering of ~ 20. I have about 2200 white iron chunks, 1100 crystal chunks, ~ 2000 of both the small and mid sized upgrade mat and then 1400 of the Mystic Enhancement Ore. I have no idea how many levels that is worth, but it is significantly more than any of my elemental chunks or 93 purple exp books. All of my weapons are 4* fwiw.

Well going by this you don't really have much in the grand scheme of things.

Enough to bring one 4 and 5* weapon all the way up to 90 or two 4* weapons- just shy of 3 to 90.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Osmosisch posted:

- mark your map when you grab an anemocule (little air floaty things) because you'll be wanting to grab all of them at some point and it helps to know where you've been

I dunno if you need this with the auto-scanning items in the game now; they're way easier to use then panning through a busy map.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
Yeah, I just waited until I'd found all but 5 anemoculi organically and then scanned for the last batch.

Taratang
Sep 4, 2002

Grand Master

RareAcumen posted:

Well going by this you don't really have much in the grand scheme of things.

Enough to bring one 4 and 5* weapon all the way up to 90 or two 4* weapons- just shy of 3 to 90.

It bothers me that these tables are complete except for one (talent level 10 is 700k mora / 16 purple books / 12 common mats / 2 boss mats / 1 crown).

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Iirc at the time that graphic was made it wasnt widely known what 9->10 cost.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Feb 1, 2021

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Glazius posted:

Got my monthly stardust fates, and managed to get both a Sacrificial Sword and a Sacrificial Greatsword.

The sword I know pretty much homes in on Xingqiu because of the ridonkulous cooldown on his rainswords, but who's the greatsword good for? Chongyun? Diluc? Xinyan?

It's really nice on Beidou, double parry is great.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable

Karia posted:

One major note: DO NOT BUY PRIMOGEMS. If you want to throw money at the game, buy Welkin, followed by BP. But it's like $2 per pull to buy the gems straightup, don't do it, it's not worth it. If you don't understand this yet, don't worry, it'll make sense eventually.
Does this still apply even considering the first time buyer bonus?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

If you want ~75 pulls for $100 it's the only way to buy them after welkin/bp. I think the poster is just saying it's not a very good rate (a four month old account will get ~450 rolls if you bought welkin/bp so $100 for another 75 is pretty expensive).

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

No Wave posted:

Idk what happened or why they're going so crazy with the new characters' power levels. Maybe they know most players have a collection of characters they're happy with at this point.

This, plus everything is kind of known. If Diluc is your standard for a carry, then you need to be able to deal Diluc-level damage. If you just made Xiao do that he'd suck because he doesn't have Big D's reactions and (to a much lesser extent) pyro resonance. Rather than go back to the drawing board with how the interactions work in the context of the game they've made, they just make the numbers go up. It worked for Ganyu, though her intended playstyle doesn't work for me so bring on Xiao's Big Numbers.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Pooncha posted:

Does this still apply even considering the first time buyer bonus?

12960 primos is 81 pulls. That's, statistically, a just slightly more than one 5*. I mean, you do you, but seriously consider whether having a 50% shot at a banner 5* is really worth $100 to you. If it is, great, whale all you want. But do the math first: it's easy to just see "ooh, 10k primos!" without really thinking about how few pulls that is.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

The average rate of 5* drops from character banner is 1.6% This means on average you can expect a 5* from it every 62.5 pulls.
The average rate of 4* drops from the character banner is 13%, for a 4* every 7.69 pulls.

Given the manner in which on-banner pulls are guaranteed (50% normally, 100% if last was not on-banner) you can expect 2/3rd of pulls to be on banner over a long enough time frame.

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Well, was 20-ish away on my off banner pity and looking for a new main DPS so decided to pull on Ganyu, and did not win the coin flip.

Instead I landed my first Diluc! One of his awakening standard fates dropped my first 5* from those wishes, which was a Wolf's Gravestone. I am reasonably certain that sword is the best one I could put on my shiny new fire sword slinging redhead, and now I'm guaranteed next character banner.

All in all, it could have been worse. :D I keep seeing mentions in various YT vids of Diluc's rotation+E combo, does anyone have a cliff notes breakdown of that handy?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Does Ganyu go into the standard wish pool when her banner ends?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Boris Galerkin posted:

Does Ganyu go into the standard wish pool when her banner ends?

No 5 star on the limited wish banner does.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Tae posted:

No 5 star on the limited wish banner does.

In that case just did a 10 pull and got no 5*. That puts me at 87 pulls now wtf.

E: wait does a 5* weapon reset the pity banner

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Feb 2, 2021

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
How far into the game does the gacha stuff start happening? I’m a slow player and haven’t encountered those things yet.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Boris Galerkin posted:

In that case just did a 10 pull and got no 5*. That puts me at 87 pulls now wtf.

E: wait does a 5* weapon reset the pity banner

yes

edit: if it's pulled on the same banner, of course. Pity is 90, it's rare to hit it, seemingly, but it can happen.

Tsyni fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Feb 2, 2021

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Who do I give a skyward blade to?

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Boris Galerkin posted:

Who do I give a skyward blade to?

I'd say support Bennet is your best option. If you use anemo MC as a support dps then that's an option too.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

Tsyni posted:

I'd say support Bennet is your best option. If you use anemo MC as a support dps then that's an option too.

Jean would be the other option. But yeah I have mine on Bennet.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Beluga Snail posted:

All in all, it could have been worse. :D I keep seeing mentions in various YT vids of Diluc's rotation+E combo, does anyone have a cliff notes breakdown of that handy?

just try to use as much of his normal combo between skill uses as you can. in ideal conditions you can fit a full combo between skill uses, which cancels the lag on his final hit and will let you get the full benefit of both chains. there are all sorts of issues you can run into in actual fights though, which mean you'll end up cutting your normal combo short. it's fine, since Diluc doesn't really need to minmax to still perform well. especially if you get him up and running with a Witch set and VV support/XQ...and you already have Gravestone for him, lol.

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Feb 2, 2021

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Bleh, got the wrong Cryo 5 star from the Ganyu banner. Sucks.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Beluga Snail posted:

Well, was 20-ish away on my off banner pity and looking for a new main DPS so decided to pull on Ganyu, and did not win the coin flip.

Instead I landed my first Diluc! One of his awakening standard fates dropped my first 5* from those wishes, which was a Wolf's Gravestone. I am reasonably certain that sword is the best one I could put on my shiny new fire sword slinging redhead, and now I'm guaranteed next character banner.

Diluc is almost always run with both a.) Xingqiu and b.) 4 piece witch set. Weaving autoattacks with Diluc in between E presses doesn't really do anything unless you have a Xingqiu Q up in which case you really want to do it to re-apply hydro in between E presses and trigger sword rain.

If you don't have a Xingqiu Q up you can just E three times to build energy and then Q. So generally when most of your ults are near up you want to E three times, Q, switch to Xingqiu, Xingqiu Q, Xingqiu E (twice if you have sac sword), normal attack with Diluc until E is back up then E normal normal E normal normal E normal normal. In general you don't ever want to be left clicking with Diluc unless his sword is on fire (because pyro cup + 4 witch set will make it so much stronger).

(I don't know if two or three normals in between E presses with Xingqiu Q up is better, I find myself doing two but three is probably better if your XQ is built)

No Wave fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Feb 2, 2021

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable

Karia posted:

12960 primos is 81 pulls. That's, statistically, a just slightly more than one 5*. I mean, you do you, but seriously consider whether having a 50% shot at a banner 5* is really worth $100 to you. If it is, great, whale all you want. But do the math first: it's easy to just see "ooh, 10k primos!" without really thinking about how few pulls that is.

Guess I'll wait for the Top-Up to allow Welkin and BP then, since I can't buy off mobile. :negative:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's weirdly disappointing how little feedback the Jade Spear gives you on where you stack progress/bonus is at, unless i'm missing something

guess i'll send a complaint and see if they do anything with it

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I just want to drop in the info that Hu Tao is going to be the third banner in 1.3, if you're saving up for her. She has lines datamined right after the pre-install, her food's gonna be added, her spear is the 2nd weapon banner, and they specifically labeled Xiao in Green, Keqing in purple, and a "third character wish" in red.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

ghostwritingduck posted:

How far into the game does the gacha stuff start happening? I’m a slow player and haven’t encountered those things yet.

I think they opened up at AR8, if you check the AR rewards at the guild lady it should tell you.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Republicans posted:

I think they opened up at AR8, if you check the AR rewards at the guild lady it should tell you.

I thought it was tied to quest progression. It's always happened to me right when you meet Jean in Monstadt.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjozpa9DsZU

Gosh... the edginess is off the charts.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Is this the Chinese Linkin Park equivalent?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I am immensely disappointed that there wasn't a last minute joke like there was for Ganyu's trailer.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Ruby Prism posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjozpa9DsZU

Gosh... the edginess is off the charts.

I'm 66 pulls past albedo, I hope I get this guy so I can put him in the same party as fischl, diluc, and childe

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
I just hope the story quest we get for X isn’t another deep dive in Chinese bureaucracy management

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I really and truly hope the opposite. I want the plot in this game to just become explaining the core texts of Neo-Confucianism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

We have keqing and hu tao to cover the boring paperwork potential