Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

FlapYoJacks posted:

At one of my old bad jobs (after Codeblue) the boss got really angry with me because I only did my job and refused to take on extra tasks. I was even put on a PiP for it, his reasoning being “Only meets expectations” lol

At one of my first real jobs, I had my first evaluation with the boss about a month in. The boss had mostly average or good things to say, but then added "I noticed you always leave right at 5:30 on the dot. You don't have to do that. Most of us stay later, you know, to finish up things that need to be finished up before the next day."

Long story short, that's why I vote for Bernie Sanders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
lets go celtics

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
animal teams

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

team sacabambaspis

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

Sagebrush posted:

At one of my first real jobs, I had my first evaluation with the boss about a month in. The boss had mostly average or good things to say, but then added "I noticed you always leave right at 5:30 on the dot. You don't have to do that. Most of us stay later, you know, to finish up things that need to be finished up before the next day."

Long story short, that's why I vote for Bernie Sanders.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

bump_fn posted:

lets go celtics

halfway there op

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

yeah i practice tdd. touching dicks daily

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Truman Peyote posted:

yeah i practice tdd. touching dicks daily

you're gonna grow hairy blind palms

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

PokeJoe posted:

you're gonna grow hairy blind palms

never specified whose dicks

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

didn't have too; he's posting in yospos

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

pokejoe was right, it's my own dicks that i'm touching

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

tori has been probed a lot recently, it’s been kinda nice

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

the man with three dicks

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i stay out of the hellworld thread so i haven't read a post by pfc in months. how is he

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

his weather vane got hosed up. rip

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

bob dobbs is dead posted:

i stay out of the hellworld thread so i haven't read a post by pfc in months. how is he

hes cheering for the coming nationalization of mcdonalds by the prc while mourning the loss of the weathervane on top of his house. you win some you lose some

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

hell, same

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS

Truman Peyote posted:

pokejoe was right, it's my own dicks that i'm touching
Cheese and crackers man how many dicks do you have

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

betty boof posted:

Cheese and crackers man how many dicks do you have

PokeJoe posted:

the man with three dicks

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS

I wasn't asking you Joe

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

sorry

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

cls: storm knocked the power out. estimated time to restoration is 4-6 hours :negative:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

what kind of sack

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

what kind of storm

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

bob dobbs is dead posted:

addicted to posting bad misspellings of donald trump's last name in c-spam. classic psychosis. terminal, I expect

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS

Kazinsal posted:

addicted to posting bad misspellings of donald trump's last name in c-spam. classic psychosis. terminal, I expect
Really just giving a bad name to short people

Just playing right into Randy Newman's bigoted hand smdh

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

wow fart i didn't know u balled

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

PokeJoe posted:

what kind of storm

thunderstorm. knocked down a power pole a few miles away. went and got the generator hooked up and running, but I don’t think it will last until the estimated power restoration time even with a full tank of fuel.

of course during all of that a migraine attack has started and I can’t get back to sleep

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

*taking notes* thunderstorm, got it

now to solve the mystery of Ellie's sorry sack

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

what's the difference between a migraine and a migraine attack

I got the sumatriptan for my migraines and it works ok

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

in migraine attack, you'll face wave after wave of migraines of increasing difficulty! be sure to conserve your resources if you're going for the high score!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

rotor posted:

qa sucks for a lot of reasons and a big one is that you are at the end of the release and all the delays have accumulated and every single thing that you're responsible for is already weeks late and people are screaming for it. Its the same with the build dept, if people even still have build depts.

they sometimes call us "dev ops" when they're feeling generous

betty boof posted:

Really just giving a bad name to short people

Just playing right into Randy Newman's bigoted hand smdh

still the best song ol' randy's ever done (even if it is mean to me :argh:)

prefect fucked around with this message at 09:59 on May 16, 2024

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

randy oldman

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

well-read undead posted:

kagi is run by some psychopath that harassed a no-name blogger for writing on their blog that they didn't like kagi very much

i regret to inform you that Everything Is Bad

so just to be clear sending this email is the harassment we are considering and comparing to elon?

the blogger *did* respond previously that they did not want him emailing them, so kagi guy clearly in the wrong. but if there's not more to the "psychopath" here i am not *that* troubled about using the service

Cybernetic Vermin fucked around with this message at 12:38 on May 16, 2024

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

PokeJoe posted:

what's the difference between a migraine and a migraine attack

they’re the same thing

quote:

I got the sumatriptan for my migraines and it works ok

sumatriptan has a very low efficacy rate for me and often cares side effects that make using it pointless. I’m on ubrelvy now, and though it’s also not 100% successful, it works more often than any triptan I’ve tried and doesn’t have the side effects

it only kinda worked last night though.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
implementing sales tax is hard. imagine having to check a quick open database as to the value added goods tax in various states and countries. so hard. can't believe we'd have to do that.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
if you run a company with international direct-to-customer sales, and you're too loving stupid and/or broke to hand off international sales tax to an accountant, you should not be a company

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

the interesting aspect there is indeed in the question, "wait, what, you can just opt to not do it?" also their gdpr story might indeed be a shambles, would not be surprised.

but that's all general incompetence i expect form startups, i was more concerned that the guy might have done something a bit more heinous than sending that email. it is a bad move when asked not to communicate further, but it is rather more on the side of cringe than it is psychopathic harassment. but there might be more, that was the quick search result.