Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Aleph Null posted:

How will they explain a room full of dead people with another dead person outside with a half dozen bullets from Chloe's gun in them?

She's a cop. People being dead in her wake, inexplicably or riddled with her bullets, is normal and does not merit any further investigation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Woohoo! We are getting a 5th season!

It's the final one though :(

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
I think that’s good. If they can continue the level of quality season 4 had, the final season should be excellent. They need to bust the wallet open to keep Hell interesting, too.

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
Awesome news. While it’s a little sad because this season showed they clearly still have a lot of gas in the tank, at least they can finally end this on their own terms. It probably won’t, but I hope the last season will be 13 episodes. This season actually could have used just a little more breathing room.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Only one more? That’s a shame. I suppose at least they know from the outset, so they can plan for it properly. This show could have comfortably gone for a couple more though.

I hope dad shows up. There’s tremendous comedy potential in having lucifer introduce a dude as his father to a mixed audience of say Chloe and someone else like Dan or Ella who isn’t in the know.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Finally got around to watching this season and the opening to episode 6 really doesn't make a lot of sense unless you know they originally planned to split the season.

As a whole I'm not a huge fan of Eve. She just seemed a little too good and really needed something in the way of a flaw.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

muscles like this! posted:

As a whole I'm not a huge fan of Eve. She just seemed a little too good and really needed something in the way of a flaw.

Are you sure you finished the series...?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

CottonWolf posted:

Are you sure you finished the series...?

Yeah, I wouldn't call her obsessive behavior "good". She's pretty terrifying.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm glad we're getting a fifth and final season. This season seemed more packed than the others and after the cliffhanger with potentially no resolution that was S3 it felt like a much more solid season. A full new season to complete the storylines and tighten things up seems ideal.

She just seemed a little too good and really needed something in the way of a flaw.

Yeah I'm nthing that I disagree with this entirely. Her entire character was absolutely terrifyingly bananas.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

Finally got around to watching this season and the opening to episode 6 really doesn't make a lot of sense unless you know they originally planned to split the season.

Her flaws are extremely pronounced like right around that episode, though.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Ubiquitous_ posted:

Her flaws are extremely pronounced like right around that episode, though.

I'm concerned for that posters relationship if they can't see red flags blowing in the breeze that prominently.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

There Bias Two posted:

I'm concerned for that posters relationship if they can't see red flags blowing in the breeze that prominently.

:agreed:

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

There Bias Two posted:

Some people can't look past "pretty" no matter how far they lean :sigh:

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Whalley posted:

Some people can't look past "pretty" no matter how far they lean :sigh:

To be fair, Inbar Lavi is very pretty

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Very

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Pfft. Like god's gonna make Eve ugly.

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
Yes but her baby voice annoys the crap out of me

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Netflix has ordered 6 more episodes, so the final season will be 16 eps!

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Praise Dad!

16 episodes is a long season by Netflix standards though. I would have thought at this point they would have just announced they'd decided on an extra season.

The Lord Bude fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jul 29, 2019

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

This was most likely the writers storyboarding what they wanted to do, and 10 episodes just wouldn't cut it, so they asked for more and got them. Which is a huge improvement on the normal method of telling them to suck it and make it work with the allotment they have, forcing important storylines to be cut or characters to behave strangely so that all the pieces are in the right place at the end.

An extra season wouldn't really help with this, because a season should have a cohesive story that is mostly resolved by the end.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Been trying to watch this show (not binging) on Netflix and I'm up to season 3 now but I'm not sure I get the appeal. Every single episode has the same format:

1. Murder
2. First suspect always says "wait, soandso is dead? I didn't like them but I didn't kill them."
3. Second and third suspect is introduced.
4. Lucifer and Chloe argue and Chloe says "I thought we were passed this."
5. Lucifer apologizes or has a moment of realization that doesn't last past this episode.

Like when does it get good? It's the same story every single episode it seems.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

During the fox seasons it was very much a standard procedural with glimmers of something more (the supernatural B plots, and lucifer being lucifer). In season 4 with the move to Netflix it becomes a very different show.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

The Lord Bude posted:

During the fox seasons it was very much a standard procedural with glimmers of something more (the supernatural B plots, and lucifer being lucifer). In season 4 with the move to Netflix it becomes a very different show.

Do I miss anything if I just skip season 3? I'm pretty unspoiled so far but I looked at the episodes list and I'm not sure I'm up for watching 26 episodes of murder suspects saying "Wait, that person is dead? I didn't like that person but I didn't kill them." after some kind of chase.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Boris Galerkin posted:

Do I miss anything if I just skip season 3? I'm pretty unspoiled so far but I looked at the episodes list and I'm not sure I'm up for watching 26 episodes of murder suspects saying "Wait, that person is dead? I didn't like that person but I didn't kill them." after some kind of chase.

Watch 1 and 2, then 23 to 26, otherwise the next season won't make a lot of sense.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

If you really wanted you could read the episode plot summaries on Wikipedia. That would give you an adequate rundown of the season long storyline. I’d probably watch the last few episodes of the season and the first few though.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Episode 25 was really weird cause it came after 24 which felt like a finale. It looks like 24 was the finale and 25/26 are just extra episodes?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

This is correct. 25 and 26 were originally being held back for the next season, then fox cancelled the show and just aired them.

They don’t fit into the continuity properly.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I call it The Neon Genesis Evangelion experience.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Ok so devil face Lucifer at the end of season 3 was evil and scary looking. Devil face Lucifer in season 4 is just … it’s a bloated face in a mask and I can’t do anything but laugh.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Boris Galerkin posted:

Ok so devil face Lucifer at the end of season 3 was evil and scary looking. Devil face Lucifer in season 4 is just … it’s a bloated face in a mask and I can’t do anything but laugh.

I thought they looked the same.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Medullah posted:

But that makes it worse...so much worse.

You know, the part I like the most about these is that they're about the angel's hypocrisy but not even the hypocrisy of them finding a way to cope with the fact people are suffering, but rather they coping with the fact that they have to have the lovely job of running hell.

I'm not a huge fan of that comic but that small detail makes that part particularly interesting.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer
Just finished season 4. So much tighter than S3, that was such a slog. I'm glad they've renewed it. I just think this show does enough winking at the audience so that it doesn't take itself too seriously. My main disappointment is with Maze's character. I'm glad she was featured more heavily this season, but I just don't feel like she's really had much of an arc. I wish she manifested some sort of change in the way that the angels do when they face moral challenges. It's like she has nowhere to go.

Anyway, I'm guessing S5 will start with a pretty interesting case of dozens of previously dead people in a theater with a baby bottle and a Vatican relic

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

BetterLekNextTime posted:

Just finished season 4. So much tighter than S3, that was such a slog. I'm glad they've renewed it. I just think this show does enough winking at the audience so that it doesn't take itself too seriously. My main disappointment is with Maze's character. I'm glad she was featured more heavily this season, but I just don't feel like she's really had much of an arc. I wish she manifested some sort of change in the way that the angels do when they face moral challenges. It's like she has nowhere to go.

Anyway, I'm guessing S5 will start with a pretty interesting case of dozens of previously dead people in a theater with a baby bottle and a Vatican relic

Leslie Ann Brandt had a baby. I wonder how that impacted her role.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

It's been rumoured that Lucifer will be appearing in the arrowverse Crisis on Infinite Earths event. https://fullcirclecinema.com/2019/10/12/tom-ellis-lucifer-crisis-on-infinite-earths/

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

The Lord Bude posted:

It's been rumored that Lucifer will be appearing in the arrowverse Crisis on Infinite Earths event. https://fullcirclecinema.com/2019/10/12/tom-ellis-lucifer-crisis-on-infinite-earths/

Oh please Dad, let him have a scene with Matt Ryan as John Constantine

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Necrotizer F posted:

Oh please Dad, let him have a scene with Matt Ryan as John Constantine

You're in luck, that's exactly what the leaked photo showed!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I just want to see him look at Ralph Dibney, PI and say "Tell me detective, what do you truly desire?" The result would be amazing.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Thinking if he has a scene with Tom Welling that's gonna be one interesting conversation.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

The Lord Bude posted:

You're in luck, that's exactly what the leaked photo showed!

Yesssss! From what I can determine Lucifer and Chloe seem to be taking a break romantically.

Which opens up the possibility of a Lucifer/Constantine hook-up. Bonus if they bring in Maze for a Devil's Threesome.

This also opens up my fantasy meeting between Kiddie-version Ray Palmer and Trixie. Really any of the Legends interacting with Trixie would be cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I'm not optimistic about anyone other than Lucifer himself crossing over sadly.