Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Skypie posted:

When Ariana Grande's concert in London got shrapnel bombed, somebody in d&D was like "it can't be a terrorism, maybe a water main broke!"

:thunk:

Ah, okay. Thanks for elucidating that for me - I generally avoid D&D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Skypie posted:

When Ariana Grande's concert in London got shrapnel bombed, somebody in d&D was like "it can't be a terrorism, maybe a water main broke!"

It was in Manchester for a start, not all of England is London for gently caress's sake.

Oh and this is your weekly (daily? It's easy to lose track) reminder that guns are banned here, and guess what? Still no mass shootings to report!

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

Dell_Zincht posted:

It was in Manchester for a start, not all of England is London for gently caress's sake.

Oh and this is your weekly (daily? It's easy to lose track) reminder that guns are banned here, and guess what? Still no mass shootings to report!

Haha yeah but your prime minister is like some unwashed dullard who's racist and .... wait a minute

Well uh we've still got guns ... No wait

YOUR FOOD SUCKS

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Dell_Zincht posted:

well maybe not in like king arthur times but im pretty sure england is all london now

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
https://twitter.com/RepMattSchaefer/status/1167989249745899521?s=09

classy timing, u know with the bodies being warm still and all

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

gary oldmans diary posted:

well maybe not in like king arthur times but im pretty sure england is all london now

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BritainIsOnlyLondon

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

Hmm, let's leave all the inputs to the system the same and hope for a different result. - a country deluded

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
There's about 15,000 high schools in the United States

About five are shot up per year in a random mass shooting

So there is a 1:3,000 chance of your kid's school being shot up lmfao

What a shithole country

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
checking in here: im fine, as you would expect since this only happens to 291 people a year in a nation of 340,000,000

frh
Dec 6, 2014

extra stout posted:

checking in here: im fine, as you would expect since this only happens to 291 people a year in a nation of 340,000,000

There was like 1 person with bird flu 7 years ago and the entire US government got involved in banning people from entering the US and treating it like an epidemic lmao

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

extra stout posted:

gently caress you

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

extra stout posted:

Oh well that's not that bad then.

I mean, you have to expect a classroom full of kids to get murdered every now and then, don't you?

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1158031865946812416

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Just that the Venn diagrams of anti-abortion zealots and ammosexuals have a pretty significant overlap.

the pro abortion, anti-gun diagram is pretty funny, too

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

ANUSTART posted:

https://twitter.com/RepMattSchaefer/status/1167989249745899521?s=09

classy timing, u know with the bodies being warm still and all

Just for the record, what does The Good Lord say about gun ownership??

frh
Dec 6, 2014

VikingSkull posted:

:rolleyes:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

General Dog posted:

It’s an oil town, maybe it was eco terrorism

Quick, someone call Carl Hiaasen.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Dell_Zincht posted:

Oh well that's not that bad then.

I mean, you have to expect a classroom full of kids to get murdered every now and then, don't you?

It's horrifying and too drat sad, but if you spend more time worrying about these things rather than the amount of cookies sold in America you're not being rational or realistic about things we could actually change and how many millions of lives we could save

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

it's almost as if the only people with a moral high ground are anti-everything

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

extra stout posted:

It's horrifying and too drat sad, but if you spend more time worrying about these things rather than the amount of cookies sold in America you're not being rational or realistic about things we could actually change and how many millions of lives we could save

Did you know that it's possible to care about more than one issue at a time? I heard that recently and I thought it was crazy stuff.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
*something horrible happens*

"Guys.. It wasn't all that probable."

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

CPL593H posted:

Did you know that it's possible to care about more than one issue at a time? I heard that recently and I thought it was crazy stuff.

Sure, we can prevent gun violence, but if we can't prevent childhood obesity why even bother???

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

extra stout posted:

All of the horrible people have the same beliefs and they are all laser focused on destroying the world. Rampage shooters are a symptom of the larger problem and attention should be payed.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
99% of the world is underrepresented in media
also tvtropes is terrible

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

extra stout posted:

Hmm yes people choose to be killed in mass shootings just like they make poor food choices, you must be very smart to compare the two

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

VikingSkull posted:

Why is that?

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

potee posted:

Hmm yes people choose to be killed in mass shootings just like they make poor food choices, you must be very smart to compare the two

You don't know what it's like to raise children on only three incomes. You want to make the right choices, but sometimes it's easier to have your children murdered by a random angry white man than prepare a home cooked meal.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Stop I don't think that Texas can handle all of those thoughts and prayers at once

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

oh dope posted:

You don't know what it's like to raise children on only three incomes. You want to make the right choices, but sometimes it's easier to have your children murdered by a random angry white man than prepare a home cooked meal.

:hmmyes:

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
being shot at by random people for no reason at all is the part of the dystopia i like. the soul crushing corporatism is the part we need to let go of

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Shadow0 posted:

Sure, we can prevent gun violence, but if we can't prevent childhood obesity why even bother???

If children get fat enough, they'll be bulletproof. The corn industry saw this crisis coming decades ago and has been selflessly working to make Americans impervious to small arms fire ever since.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

extra stout posted:

checking in here: im fine,

The tragedy is even worse than we feared

VikingSkull posted:

it's almost as if the only people with a moral high ground are anti-everything

Abortion is morally good

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Sep 1, 2019

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
What about using a SmartCar as your misanthropic death chariot because you'd be able to get into those pesky hiding spots and nobody would expect it

You wouldn't be able to hold much in the way of munitions so maybe a few .22s and you could go to the park and massacre squirrels instead which is probably just as good and less dangerous legally

frh
Dec 6, 2014

I'm reading one of the victims was a toddler. Not even a plural number of years old. Cool country, good job

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW posted:

I'm reading one of the victims was a toddler. Not even a plural number of years old. Cool country, good job

17-month-old shot in the face. loving horrible.

Indy
Mar 30, 2005

Hey guys, what's up?

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

if u want a mass shooting on delivery u just call the police tho

No one on page 1 quoted this so I will

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

LabyaMynora posted:

17-month-old shot in the face. loving horrible.

Yeah but statistically that kid was more likely to die in a car accident so it's no biggie really
-a rational and realistic person

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW posted:

Who What Now posted:

Abortion is morally good

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

bloom posted:

Yeah but statistically that kid was more likely to die in a car accident so it's no biggie really
-a rational and realistic person

We need to be more concerned about Oreos hitting our toddlers at 3521 ft/s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Isn't there a megathread for this sort of thing, it's hardly news anymore