Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

fisting by many posted:

How did they not get any input from a single person who ever watched a hockey game?

standard cheap package across all sports
plus
lazy incompetence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Oshie KO'd his own goaltender with a shoulder to the head.

It wasn't like a scrambly play either, Oshie just straight up nailed Samsonov. What the hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKM2byew4lo

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

A shame that Tom Wilson forgot to tell TJ Oshie that he's supposed to target players on the other team with those hits.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Sheesh, Barzal

https://twitter.com/thehockeynews/status/1377771866950144003?s=21

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

grack posted:

Oshie KO'd his own goaltender with a shoulder to the head.

It wasn't like a scrambly play either, Oshie just straight up nailed Samsonov. What the hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKM2byew4lo

When April fools pranks go wrong

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Pretty much what you have to do to score when Leo komarov is your full time left wing

But really I feel like Barzal could do this 5 times a game if he wanted to, there aren't many people in the league capable of doing this but he's one of them

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
lol oilers

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

sedative posted:

yeah this sucks

I feel like I'm watching NHL/MLB Network/NBATV/NFL Network with their sensory overload.

They need to put the scoring bug back in the upper left corner so I can immediately see if my dumb team is losing without having to clear the info bar from my box.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
The Capitals are Dogshit Gargage

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Iodised QQ posted:

Pretty much what you have to do to score when Leo komarov is your full time left wing

But really I feel like Barzal could do this 5 times a game if he wanted to, there aren't many people in the league capable of doing this but he's one of them

Still pissed at nill for passing on him

Still laughing at Boston passing on him 3 times in a row lol

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

sedative posted:

yeah this sucks

graphic design is my passion

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Cocaine Bear posted:

Sadder still is the pick that became Mat Barzal was Pittsburgh's and they gave it up for two half seasons of David Perron

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Cocaine Bear posted:

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Sadder still is the pick that became Mat Barzal was Pittsburgh's and they gave it up for two half seasons of David Perron

I still think the worst screw-up from that draft is the Oilers trading the 16th (Barzal) and 33rd (Mitchell Stephens, though the Isles flipped that pick up to get Beauvillier) overall picks for Griffin Reinhart. Good lord did Chiarelli ever suck.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Whose idea was it to play this dumb season again, anyway?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Whoa what the gently caress is going on with Washington tonight

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Whoa what the gently caress is going on with Washington tonight

Oshie TK'ed their goalie in th head and they put him back in.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Barzal hat trick and 2 assists, all at even strength, Eberle 2 goals and an assist. Leo komarov - 1 point on the same line all night

Please get an nhl player for that line and the isles might be able to actually do something

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Man Barzal ended up with a hattie and two assists

E: beaten like a concussed goalie still in net

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Also this happened tonight apparently

https://twitter.com/uncontestedpod/status/1377775273622507524?s=21

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Holy loving LOL. Nice little spin move attempt at the end there

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

That came so much closer to being something than it had any right to

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Perron became Carl Hagelin though, who was both Cool and Good

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/1377805961910484995

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Stars won a game in regulation if you can believe it

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Oshie KO'd Samsonov and they put him back in net?

What in the gently caress was Laviolette thinking with that one?

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Has the league said anything about procuring vaccinations for all the players yet? It seems like vax is nearly plentiful enough (in the US at least) that it wouldn't be a scandal if the league bought 1,000 doses of J&J for all the players and coaches and staff.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
^The first time this year a Rangers fan has suggested any pairing with Johnson.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

That came so much closer to being something than it had any right to

The Rangers immediately scored on the ensuing rush back down the ice

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Zodijackylite posted:

Lmao

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Any discussion of the 2015 draft compels me to complain that the Leafs traded down the pick that the Flyers took Konecny with to select Travis Dermott (one pick before the good Sebastian Aho) and Jeremy Bracco. Dermott's turned into a replacement level bottom pairing D and Bracco sucked rear end.

Zodijackylite posted:

:golfclap:

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

sedative posted:

yeah this sucks

Even if they simply placed that whole bar on top of the screen instead of bottom, it wouldn't look pretty but it would be 1000% better. This is so stupid.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

It’s hilarious how he very blatantly had his stick slashed out of his hands but no penalty was called! That wasn’t the only time something like that happened to him last night, and I only watched the highlights.

Skinny :love:

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Koopa Kid posted:

Any discussion of the 2015 draft compels me to complain that the Leafs traded down the pick that the Flyers took Konecny with to select Travis Dermott (one pick before the good Sebastian Aho) and Jeremy Bracco. Dermott's turned into a replacement level bottom pairing D and Bracco sucked rear end.

:golfclap:

That was the draft where they kept trading down because they desperately just wanted picks because Nonis had left the system so empty.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Zat posted:

Even if they simply placed that whole bar on top of the screen instead of bottom, it wouldn't look pretty but it would be 1000% better. This is so stupid.

Their priority is making sure the ads they digitally insert onto the glass are visible longer, they could give a gently caress about making sure we can see plays on the near boards.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

CBJSprague24 posted:

Whose idea was it to play this dumb season again, anyway?

The NHL's mostly due to the US TV rights expiring.

With Disney the new majority rights owner, maybe it'll get better coverage there than cornhole

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Island Nation posted:

With Disney the new majority rights owner, maybe it'll get better coverage there than cornhole

ESPN will devote plenty of time to the NHL... on ESPN+

the most they're going to get on actual television will be a game a week and maybe 90 seconds of highlights if the evening before somehow didn't have any NFL, NBA, college basketball, baseball, poker, or quidditch events

E: Playoffs might be another story but ESPN very quickly stopped giving much of a poo poo about the NHL by about 1999, even while they still had the TV rights.

DJExile fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Apr 2, 2021

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Honestly I can't blame them but hockey is gargantuanesqually more fun now than it was 20 years ago

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Eric the Mauve posted:

Honestly I can't blame them but hockey is gargantuanesqually more fun now than it was 20 years ago

No question of that, but they're so heavily invested in:

NFL
Fantasy
NFL Fantasy
Stephen A Smith
NBA
NFL Draft
NFL
Betting lines
Yankees
NFL
BoSox

And the NFL, that I've got a very hard time buying them devoting much time to anything outside of those. The NHL fills streaming program time for them and little else.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/1378005175286255623

RIP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
Gee, I guess on ice practicing may potentially lead to transmission of the virus but I'm sure the NHL will inform us otherwise.