Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

MeatwadIsGod posted:

This might have been covered already, but are Hitman 2's elusive targets going to be time sensitive like they were in 2016? Since the game is no longer episodic I was wondering if the structure of elusive targets changed at all. I wasn't planning on playing at launch because of Red Dead 2 and I'll be out of the country for a couple weeks in December. I don't want to miss the chance to try any targets if I can help it though.

They will continue to be time limited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Timotheous Venture posted:

After doing that, is it safe to uninstall Hitman 1? I love these games but I don't necessarily want them taking up 180GB of HDD space... If I can uninstall the 2016 version and still have access to the legacy levels within Hitman 2 that'd be rad. I'm just afraid of trying it, having it not work, and then needing to redownload 90 gigs of game data.

I haven't done actually downloaded them yet, so I'm not 100% sure, sorry. That said, (on PS4) the legacy maps are discrete downloads, so I imagine it would be fine to delete the original afterwards.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I am excited. Excited for HITTING MAN.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

elf help book posted:

They will continue to be time limited.

It looks like Sean Bean doesn't go live until the 20th, though.

ragzilla
Sep 9, 2005
don't ask me, i only work here

Gaz-L posted:

Hawke's Bay is cute, but I got hosed over because you get no opportunity to recon the target. I spiked the whiskey glass in her bedroom, figuring that must be something she'd drink from, but nope, it's her dipshit boytoy that does it, forcing me to just pop her in the head as she's sleeping through his retching next door.

alternatively once he’s in the bathroom, there’s a pillow next to or on the bed that has a contextual action once she closes her eyes.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Hi I beat all the maps. Every map except Hawkes Bay is amazing. It's basically Sapienza tier for every map. Story was pretty good as well. Better than 2016 in every way pretty much.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

cheesetriangles posted:

Hi I beat all the maps. Every map except Hawkes Bay is amazing. It's basically Sapienza tier for every map. Story was pretty good as well. Better than 2016 in every way pretty much.

Gonna need an extremely long but spoiler free synopsis of every map tia

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

MMF Freeway posted:

Okay I will try to get this going for you in a bit I played all night and need to eat.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

The Narrator posted:

I haven't done actually downloaded them yet, so I'm not 100% sure, sorry. That said, (on PS4) the legacy maps are discrete downloads, so I imagine it would be fine to delete the original afterwards.

That would definitely make sense; it's just weird that you have to obtain them through the old game. I'll bite the bullet and make myself the guinea pig...

Edit: Ok, cool. You can definitely delete Hitman 1 after the legacy levels are installed and you'll still have access to them by launching Hitman 2. Thank god. Down to a mere 85 gigs.

thiccabod fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Nov 9, 2018

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Timotheous Venture posted:

That would definitely make sense; it's just weird that you have to obtain them through the old game. I'll bite the bullet and make myself the guinea pig...

I think it's to prove you still own the game.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

I think it's to prove you still own the game.

That makes sense and hadn't even occurred to me. I bought the previous one digitally and didn't think to consider people that may have played a disc version then sold it off.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

…I kind of miss the episodic nature of 2016.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

ragzilla posted:

alternatively once he’s in the bathroom, there’s a pillow next to or on the bed that has a contextual action once she closes her eyes.

The map might be tiny but it was pretty badass/terrifying hiding in a trunk listening to this rear end in a top hat couple fight, wait for them to fall asleep, choke her with the pillow and quietly sneak away. That dude will have the WORST morning ever.

That was some straight up horror movie poo poo and it's great.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Nov 9, 2018

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Ahhh I want to play this so bad but I have work then socializing so I won't be home til like 9pm

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

MMF Freeway posted:

Okay: A brief summary of all the maps. I won't include any spoilers but I will put them in spoilers just in case someone doesn't even want that much.

Hawkes Bay: Tutorial with not a lot going on but not terrible basically just the house.

Miami: A split map really the east and west halves have a hard divide with little chances to cross between them. Very cool map with lots of different ways to complete your objectives dense crowds but also more lonesome secluded areas. Feels a bit like Paris? But higher quality.

Colombia: Kinda split into three parts with the mansion, the drug lab, the village. Has a lot going on and reminds me a bit of Sapienza setup wise. I only played it once but had a lot of hints of cool set pieces.

Mumbai: This level is like Marrakesh but really good. Some good complex writing and set pieces. It's big and sprawling and has some really complicated kill scenarios.

Vermont: Really cool little slice of small town America. I found some hosed up poo poo going on if you dig deeper into the houses and it's a nice little sandbox. The map is smaller in size but it's densely packed with things to do. Some interesting kills and probably a lot of secrets I missed.

North Atlantic Map I can't spell: This was a really awesome map. Basically fancy dress costume party with three targets a lot of vertical spaces tons of secrets and and a unique twist: a target you need to take alive. I can see myself replaying this map a ton.

That's a basic rundown if you have any specific questions I can try to answer them.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
So it seems possible to download the Legacy pack for cheap/free on Xbox.

Hitman 2016 is on Game Pass, I have a paid membership but there's 14 day trials if you don't. Download and launch it. Then go to the Legacy Pack option in the interface and you should be able to 'buy' the Legacy Pack for free. At that point you should own it no matter what. I've got it downloading at the moment.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
gently caress. Real tempted to cancel my pre-order now and upgrade to gold for the weekend.

What the Vermont stuff, if you don't mind me asking? Also any cool costumes/masks on that map for those sick fucks like me who want to re-enact Halloween?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

cheesetriangles posted:

Okay: A brief summary of all the maps

Thanks, I'm extremely hype

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
102GB with everything installed. Man, I'm glad I went with a 500GB instead of a 250GB SSD.

I've only played Hawkes Bay a few times last night and have so far enjoyed the poo poo out of just that map. I am in love with the tranq gun

One thing I noticed is if you blow up the pickup truck at the end and the red flares will go off in the air, float, and cause a massive red circle in the sky on my screen.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Pirate Jet posted:

So there were three releases of Hitman 2016.
[...]

Thanks for this :)

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

there were faqs released to cover getting hitman 1 content on each platform and package combo:

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-2-countdown-to-launch/

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-legacy-faq/

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I want to wait to play this until I'm done with RDR2 but those pesky ETs are gonna make me buy this day one. Well played, IOI!

I'm hoping at least the first few ETs are a little easier and won't require too many location unlocks.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

quote:

On Steam, we can automatically detect what you own and grant you the correct Legacy Pack.

Launch HITMAN 2 and connect to the game’s servers, which will automatically give you access to the correct Legacy Pack.
Quit the game to start the download of your Legacy Pack.
Once the Legacy Pack has installed, it will be playable within HITMAN 2 only.

It tried to get me to buy the pack when I clicked on Hitman 1 last night and I definitely have all the levels of Hitman 2016 so uh I hope I'm not somehow disqualified from this. I'm reinstalling the game now to try when I get home from work because I thought maybe I needed to have the first one still installed but it sounds like it should be able to recognize that I own all the levels and just unlock for me so yeah that worries me!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Hobo Clown posted:

I want to wait to play this until I'm done with RDR2 but those pesky ETs are gonna make me buy this day one. Well played, IOI!

I'm hoping at least the first few ETs are a little easier and won't require too many location unlocks.

The first ET (Sean Bean) unlocks in 11 days according to the game.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Digital Jedi posted:

The first ET (Sean Bean) unlocks in 11 days according to the game.

Which map is he gonna be on? Or, how far into the story am I gonna have to play to get some unlocks to help with him?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Hobo Clown posted:

Which map is he gonna be on? Or, how far into the story am I gonna have to play to get some unlocks to help with him?

Sean Bean will be on Miami

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Also I assume you probably don't need any unlocks to kill him, they would just make it easier.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
These levels are crazy good. They're the best the series has ever put out. The AI is also a bit better at handling certain things although it seems they somewhat turned down their peripheral vision/reaction gauge. But once they notice something they react pretty darn well.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

You can get the gold edition for 70 bucks on today.... the first official day of early access.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1060942167433048064

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Greenman gaming are one of, if not the best out there.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Zigmidge posted:

Greenman gaming are one of, if not the best out there.

I'm slightly upset I paid 100.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
:same: i didnt even play it early :v:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/J_Rosenfield/status/1060946881726087168

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I love how its a running gag throughout the whole series that whenever 47 uses an alias its always Tobias Rieper.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Nov 11, 2018

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Accordion Man posted:

I love how its a running gag throughout the whole series that whenever 47 uses an alias its always Tobias Rieper.

He actually has even dropped that at this point. Spoiler on a line he says: Names are for friends so you don't need mine.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

HORMELCHILI posted:

Where the gently caress is this guitarist in colombia!?

The Mission Story opportunity stuff paints targets on your mini-map, and thank goodness for that in some of these huge areas.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

He actually has even dropped that at this point.

Not completely.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

He actually has even dropped that at this point. Spoiler on a line he says: Names are for friends so you don't need mine.
He uses it in Miami if you disguise your self as a medic and call Sierra Knox for an appointment so you can poison her.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Oh that's cool, I just hit the highlights and moved on. Miami is so huge I could probably spend another 50 hours there and not get everything.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Oh that's cool, I just hit the highlights and moved on. Miami is so huge I could probably spend another 50 hours there and not get everything.

whyyyyyyyyyyyy didn't I go for the gold editionnnnnn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

StrixNebulosa posted:

whyyyyyyyyyyyy didn't I go for the gold editionnnnnn

You probably have better impulse control than most of us.

:smith: