Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Fauxtool posted:

you mean like this awkward fake accent?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaDQ1vIuvZI

You'd think with all the time she spent living in the actual South her fake accent would at least be more convincing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axeman Jim
Nov 21, 2010

The Canadians replied that they would rather ride a moose.

Oh, Cracked :allears:

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010
Realizing people spend over 1k for a doll to stand on a shelf makes me want to find a hole somewhere to curl up in and rock back and forth and cry a little out of poorness.

^^At least utilikilts are a mood brightener. :psyboom:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Finally someone solved the crippling de-population problem. We're saved.

That entire article is pretty awkward. Except the box wine part. Box wine is awesome.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Axeman Jim posted:

So I don't know if they changed since I read it last but I alway though Craked articles were humor and thus jokes ?

About Klamer, he has to stop to swallow every few words, I wonder if that's just something he needs to do or if it's because that fake accent is so unnatural he can't keep it up.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Axeman Jim posted:

It's a concept vs reality problem. In concept I like the fact I would never have to worry about my fly and having nicely airy balls is cool.
Reality is you just look like a douche.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Fathis Munk posted:

So I don't know if they changed since I read it last but I alway though Craked articles were humor and thus jokes ?

Cracked also has a really unfunny weekly photoshop contest.

Vomax
Oct 12, 2005

?

5er posted:

Human beings are social animals, and I'm sure there's a bit of DNA coding involved in integrating into new communities and picking up the local flair to fit in.

Meanwhile Klamer is a fake, attention-starved twat.

Also this: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/19/fashion/botox-reduces-the-ability-to-empathize-study-says.html

Humans subconsciously mimic the people around us in order to empathize with them better; makes sense it would extend to trying to sound more similar too.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

LingcodKilla posted:

It's a concept vs reality problem. In concept I like the fact I would never have to worry about my fly and having nicely airy balls is cool.

I'll never understand the hate for kilts; go ahead and wear your pants if you want to look like an effeminate Persian or some poo poo covered Gaul.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Adorable young lady wants peace. Unfortunately it appears to only be peace for one person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Iz0WWkd-WQ

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

LingcodKilla posted:

I really want a kilt every spring but just end up wearing one of my girlfriend's skirts around the house for a day or so to get it out of my system.

i am a bee
Apr 17, 2006
bees, bees, bees, just lookin' for a good time

Ambitious Spider posted:

I'm really hoping that's just some Oktoberfest's misguided mascot, rather than some chucklehead doing that voluntarily.

I know the mascot/furry thing comes up a lot, but you can always tell the difference between them because of those loving eyes fur suits always have. Mascots might look cute or goofy or whatever fits the character, but fursuits always have that look somewhere between smug and "sultry". It always makes me think of the late eighties for some reason too.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Guy forgets to book venue for own wedding, guy freaks out, guy calls venue on day of wedding with a bomb hoax. Sounds like a watertight plan! :thumbsup:

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Machai posted:

I was expecting you to say you do it on purpose to troll them and see if they notice your fake valley girl accent.

I generally avoid being an awkward douche. I am from SoCal. Those two things are unrelated.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Axeman Jim posted:

Alas, kilt wearers have nowhere to use their enhanced sperm.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYtjjaqNUlI

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Well I'm creeped the gently caress out for the rest of the decade.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Never been madder I watched to the end of a video.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

That is the most terrifying thing I've ever seen

E: I mean I'm sure the guy is just joking but man

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

PlantRobot posted:

Realizing people spend over 1k for a doll to stand on a shelf makes me want to find a hole somewhere to curl up in and rock back and forth and cry a little out of poorness.

Really? It makes me want to go into the doll business.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

David Lynch's FurAffinity.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

M_Sinistrari posted:

According to the goons who used to be in the customizing parts end of the BJD thing, there's even requests for labia painting and erect penises on these things.
Ah yes, I remember the BJ doll thread. Not only labia painting, but gleaming "wet look" labia painting is requested by some doll owners.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Axeman Jim posted:

Sorry Kilt industry, the only sperm related products I'm willing to buy are the type that decrease quality and fertility.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Good Citizen posted:

Sorry Kilt industry, the only sperm related products I'm willing to buy are the type that decrease quality and fertility.

I would love to see the study that proved this.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhyno posted:

I would love to see the study that proved this.

not a direct study but its known that keeping your balls cool and unconstricted improves your sperm

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

I kept waiting for this to make sense.

I'm still waiting.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Dude does a solid Salad Fingers impression.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

Axeman Jim posted:

What I really don't get about these utilikilts is the decision to make them in more "normal" colours/patterns rather than tartan. I mean, if you're wearing a tartan kilt you still look like a tool, but at least everyone knows your wearing a kilt. Wearing one of those khaki ones you just look like a dude in a skirt.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

PlantRobot posted:

I knew someone who had over ten of them.

I got given one as a gift from an internet friend, but it was in the 500-600 range.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Tea Bone posted:

What I really don't get about these utilikilts is the decision to make them in more "normal" colours/patterns rather than tartan. I mean, if you're wearing a tartan kilt you still look like a tool, but at least everyone knows your wearing a kilt. Wearing one of those khaki ones you just look like a dude in a skirt.

I've said this before, but I really, really think it's about the fit and the fabric. Utilikilts are made out of khaki, which doesn't drape. "Real Tartan" kilts are made out of a softer, heavier fabric that isn't so stiff. The two garments are a completely different fit. Men's shapes are like a downward V, so when they wear skirts that flare out, it doesn't complement their shape. If they wear straighter-lined skirts, they look better.

Which is a) why you don't see a lot of male models wearing Utilikilts, just men who don't know how to dress, and b) why men in straighter-lined skirts look more put-together and "right" to our brains, which are usually inundated with hypermasculine images of men, not "feminized" images of men.

Good.

Good.

Ugly skirt, but good lines... but not QUITE good enough.

EW.

EWEST.

I wish there was a Nerd Makeover Thread :smith:

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Haymaker_Betty posted:

I've said this before, but I really, really think it's about the fit and the fabric. Utilikilts are made out of khaki, which doesn't drape. "Real Tartan" kilts are made out of a softer, heavier fabric that isn't so stiff. The two garments are a completely different fit. Men's shapes are like a downward V, so when they wear skirts that flare out, it doesn't complement their shape. If they wear straighter-lined skirts, they look better.

Which is a) why you don't see a lot of male models wearing Utilikilts, just men who don't know how to dress, and b) why men in straighter-lined skirts look more put-together and "right" to our brains, which are usually inundated with hypermasculine images of men, not "feminized" images of men.

Good.

Good.

Ugly skirt, but good lines... but not QUITE good enough.

EW.

EWEST.

I wish there was a Nerd Makeover Thread :smith:

What do you think about funny necktie knots?

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

BgRdMchne posted:

What do you think about funny necktie knots?

Har har har. Some people think no one looks good in a vest, ever, for any reason. Men can look good in skirts!

gobbledygoat
Jun 4, 2011

Ask me about
Steaming Early-onset Accessperger's

Free Logical Fallacies only in 2014!
Do not listen to a thing I say.
drat those dudes in skirts are hot. Is it me? Am I the awkward?

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

gobbledygoat posted:

drat those dudes in skirts are hot. Is it me? Am I the awkward?

Yes, it's you. The second dude is wearing a loving lampshade.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Haymaker_Betty posted:

Har har har. Some people think no one looks good in a vest, ever, for any reason. Men can look good in skirts!

Well if your post was the best you could find then nope.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

fullroundaction posted:

Yes, it's you. The second dude is wearing a loving lampshade.

Well, it IS a pretty hot dude. He looks pretty hot but he would be well served by, y'know, not wearing a lampshade.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

I will make the concession that it certainly helps if the dude is androgynous and knows how to dress. I think it's unfair to discount men in skirts.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Haymaker_Betty posted:

Men can look good in skirts!

I think you should post a picture of your goon self in a skirt at this point.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

euphronius posted:

I think you should post a picture of your goon self in a skirt at this point.

I'm a woman, and haven't looked androgynous since I was 14.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

There is a time and a place for a kilt. And that time and place is at a wedding at a time when you yourself are actually Scottish. And none of this "I'm celebrating my Scottish roots" bullshit either, we are talking "theoretically could play for Scotlands national team" Scottish. The wedding doesnt have to be in scotland either, but you need to be scottish, there needs to be a wedding (or other fairly formal occasion), and the kilt needs to be tartan. (No-one really gives a drat which tartan, we are fully aware that they are made up bullshit, but its been made up bullshit for long enough to become a tradition.) Otherwise you are going to look like a goddamn toolbox.

I'd also allow it if you are being actually paid to play the bagpipes. Hard enough getting paid to make that loving noise, better chance if you look the part I guess.

In Scotland a lot of women do say they like the way a guy looks in a kilt, but its like any other formal wear; A well fitting suit can make most people look relatively smart, but if you turn up on an average thursday night to the pub wearing a tux, you look like a prick rather than a suave motherfucker. And thats with a proper kilt, with a utility kilt your best comparison is one of those T-shirts with a tux printed on it. If you were gently caress-ugly and awkward before you put it on, you are going to remain gently caress-ugly and awkward with it on, just gently caress-ugly and awkward with a slightly cooler scrote. I can understand why in hotter climates they want to make the kilt out of something lighter than wool, they can actually be reasonably warm and thats in scotland. But the answer isnt to make a lighter kilt out of an uglier material, its to not wear a kilt for extended periods of time if the climate doesnt support it. Its really weird that people make utility kilts, I cant help but wonder how the germans would feel if someone made utility leiderhosen.

• Locked thread