Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Grandicap posted:

Are you implying that Rhjamiz and I are scum together, and I am protecting him? Or am I reading too much into your post and you are just talking to be heard now that you are able to without a silly PR?

I was agreeing with you and finding it humorous that rhjamiz called ceyton out for the same thing, which ended with ceyton voting for him

I find rhjamiz scummy for the reasons I listed, but feel you and him are correct regarding that point on ceyton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
And also yeah now that I can post I'm just going to poo poo all over the place gently caress you

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

strongly reading Squiggly as town post-PR

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

sandnavyguy posted:

As far as pressure goes I’m seeing nothing from chaos yet or keane, so I’ll throw my weight behind the Rhjamiz push to up the heat, but honestly I’m super open to lunch anyone at this point who’s posted more in jokephase than they have in D1/D2 proper.

Keane has definitely said stuff. There are a lot of jokes in there but his stuff about Yami spawned a page or more of talk.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Squiggly posted:

And also yeah now that I can post I'm just going to poo poo all over the place gently caress you

Wow Aerith would NEVER say this.

Good to see you again Squiggles

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Squiggly posted:

I was agreeing with you and finding it humorous that rhjamiz called ceyton out for the same thing, which ended with ceyton voting for him

I find rhjamiz scummy for the reasons I listed, but feel you and him are correct regarding that point on ceyton

This is the only was I was able to read it, not sure why Grandi is reading into it so much.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Squiggly posted:

It's funny because rhjamiz actually calls ceyton out for this exact thing

Because I’m right.

Bifauxnen posted:

Aw man I did notice Jammiez lurking but thought, if he's lurking cause he got the arsonist or something that'd be so hilarious I wouldn't wanna spoil his fun

Nothing so fun unfortunately.

IcePhoenix posted:

I wonder if he died in a freak fried rice accident, I hope he's ok.

I don’t work at a desk so phone posting is a luxury I can’t often afford.

Now that I’m off work I have some time to catch up. Squiggs case is the flimsiest justification for a vote possible, but Ceylon is the more scummy for his vote. Just the absolute worst.

##vote Ceyton

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

And no, I went to bed rather than re-read D1 again. A miserable loving experience.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I'll never forget Wayne's World II taught me that Sri Lanka is formerly Ceylon

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

who's scum grandi

Yesterday my reads were IS (Referee), AC, IA and Bif. Bif is 99.995% cleared in my mind. AC I feel better about today, I haven't seen anything new on IS, so my suspicion still rides there. IA has lessened as well, but I don't know why it has?
Ceyton is on my list today too.

I am reading things as they happen and am having a hard time keeping the entirety of the thread in my head at once though. So I am using my time to shoot down things I think are spurious arguments because I can do that contemporaneously rather than having to have real reads.

Is this the best way to play mafia? Assuredly not. Is it what I am doing currently? Abso-loving-lutely.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Rhjamiz posted:

Because I’m right.

Yeah maybe but you responding to being called out within an hour isn't exactly striking me with confidence that you're town

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Squiggly posted:

Yeah maybe but you responding to being called out within an hour isn't exactly striking me with confidence that you're town

Deepest apologies my 8-5 workday is suspicious.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Squiggly posted:

tbf it is the end of the working day in much of the US rn

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

tbf it is the end of the working day in much of the US rn

NOW can I tell people they're drunk

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

You misspoke Bif.

Now you can DECLARE that people are drunk.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bifauxnen posted:

Fire when ready, Captain.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Rhjamiz posted:

Deepest apologies my 8-5 workday is suspicious.

You make solid points and I may unvote you for them

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Squiggly posted:

Oooooooh I hate this perspective

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Hal Incandenza posted:

Oooooooh I hate this perspective

Fair, but my case was also built around the fact that he's a lurker responding to getting called out

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

chaoslord (5): Sandwolf, apostateCourier, Bifauxnen, Yami Fenrir, Ceyton, Ceyton, t a s t e
Rhjamiz (3): Squiggly, Ceyton, sandnavyguy
sandnavyguy (2): Hal Incandenza, SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Ceyton (1): Rhjamiz
Hal Incandenza (0): Sandwolf, sandnavyguy, Bifauxnen, Sandwolf, sandnavyguy, Bifauxnen
Grandicap (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
CCKeane (0): sandnavyguy, sandnavyguy, sandnavyguy, sandnavyguy

Not Voting (11): CCKeane, chaoslord, Chic Trombone, DGK2000, Grandicap, Gumball Gumption, IcePhoenix, Idle Amalgam, Mr. Steak, Referee, SalTheBard

With 22 alive, it's 12 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 18th, 2020 at 11:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 5 hours.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Squiggly posted:

Fair, but my case was also built around the fact that he's a lurker responding to getting called out

Erm maybe I am missing the nuance but what is the other option? To never post again?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Squiggly posted:

I'm going back and forth on if I think Rhjamiz is scum but this argument isn't it. This is how you get people into traps about if they're posting at suspicious hours and then build a case against them that's mostly based on how poorly they're defending themselves.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

It’s a thought process designed to create scum rather than catch them.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

DGK/Chic - anything to add?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Rhjamiz posted:

It’s a thought process designed to create scum rather than catch them.

rather, I think it's very easy confirmation bias for a townie who thinks they've caught scum[1]

[1] i've done it a bunch

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Squiggly posted:

I think there's someone else that was called out and has disappeared since who is lurking and their rationale was awful.

Do you see what I see?

Responding to me is the second instance

The first instance is why I looked at rhjamiz in the first place

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

rather, I think it's very easy confirmation bias for a townie who thinks they've caught scum[1]

[1] i've done it a bunch

Also true.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

also kinda sussed out by taste, popping in, dropping a vote, popping out

slightly meta but it's a very different vibe than a game where he was just town

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Sandwolf posted:

also kinda sussed out by taste, popping in, dropping a vote, popping out

slightly meta but it's a very different vibe than a game where he was just town

How is this different I'm honestly curious

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

[1] i've done it a bunch

Yes... yes you have

If squiggs has other reasons to think Rhyjmiz is scum all good. But if squiggs or anyone is like “I’m calling out this scummy lurker” and then that person shows up and starts posting and the narrative switches to “look at this scum who showed up after getting called out” it seems very hollow. Again, if the lurking person is town should they just continue to not post? Wait some specified amount of time before resuming posting?

Now if person X shows up and just is like hey jerk leave me alone and then leaves again without posting any content (like chaos lord did earlier today) that is totally scummy.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Squiggly posted:

Rhjamiz is engaging with you, responding to things, they seem sorta thoughtful here? I'm not really getting a scumvibe from them rn

and hey Hal! I know I do it a lot! That's why I'm tryna reasonably explain the dangers of that kinda thinking

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Squiggly posted:

If it was worm where me and him were masons he definitely put some effort into the posts where he showed up even if it was mostly just (correctly) telling everyone to vote b-minus

He’s not even getting to that level of effort here

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yes... yes you have

If squiggs has other reasons to think Rhyjmiz is scum all good. But if squiggs or anyone is like “I’m calling out this scummy lurker” and then that person shows up and starts posting and the narrative switches to “look at this scum who showed up after getting called out” it seems very hollow. Again, if the lurking person is town should they just continue to not post? Wait some specified amount of time before resuming posting?

Now if person X shows up and just is like hey jerk leave me alone and then leaves again without posting any content (like chaos lord did earlier today) that is totally scummy.

To be clear, it's not supposed to be a main point but it doesn't exactly make me want to reassess my vote

I know when I'm scum I'll lurk and pop in after mentions to defend myself

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Sandwolf posted:

Rhjamiz is engaging with you, responding to things, they seem sorta thoughtful here? I'm not really getting a scumvibe from them rn

and hey Hal! I know I do it a lot! That's why I'm tryna reasonably explain the dangers of that kinda thinking

Meant taste, all I ever see is hardcore lurking and one word posts

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Oh I know, I’m just fondly remembering all the times you said my name and I popped up soon after and you were like WTF SCUM but I was probably town every time

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Squiggly posted:

To be clear, it's not supposed to be a main point but it doesn't exactly make me want to reassess my vote

I know when I'm scum I'll lurk and pop in after mentions to defend myself

Fair!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Squiggly posted:

I’m pretty sure I lead games in posts more frequently than not op

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

t a s t e posted:

I’m pretty sure I lead games in posts more frequently than not op

I dunno... even if true you are at the bottom of word count

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

But you are still posting champion so no worries there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Squiggly posted:

he felt more invested in worm, like he sussed out binus and really pushed for it. he even posted like 100+ times in 20 minutes to steal control of a lurker gun from someone (me), just because he didn't trust I wasn't scum.