Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Its like NORAD tracking Santa, but less real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

If you took an honest poll I wonder the percentage rooting for each outcome.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

everyone wanted to watch her get blown up

ultra lmao if it got done with some poo poo we gave to the Ukrainians that promptly vanished

however Xi knows that Nancy is getting re-elected and that you don't interrupt an enemy when they're in the middle of loving up

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

nancy knows the taiwan stock market will be up big on this show of support and no doubt is positioned to cash in

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

chuck schumers daughter is comedian amy schumer not many people know this

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

jarofpiss posted:

his other kids work for facebook and convinced him to kill self dealing regulation on tech this week that would have passed cause the gop was on board

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

nancy knows the taiwan stock market will be up big on this show of support and no doubt is positioned to cash in

She has a bunch of nvidia stock and they make gpus with taiwanese semiconductors so probably. There doesn't seem to be an actual point to this other than market manipulation

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Oh no, The Onion was right! China you bastards you're letting her return!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

jarofpiss posted:

shitposting aside I think Chuck and her dad were actually first cousins so they're second cousins/first cousins once removed I always get those mixed up

Fart Dumbass
May 31, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

$8600

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

i thought chuck was amy's uncle

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

January 6 Survivor posted:

Like the football gag from Peanuts, except Lucy doesn't even have to pull away the football and Charlie Brown just loving eats poo poo on his own

The football gag, except Lucy isn't even holding the football in the first place and Charlie Brown just trusts that it'll still show up somehow.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Real hurthling! posted:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

christmas boots posted:

shitposting aside I think Chuck and her dad were actually first cousins so they're second cousins/first cousins once removed I always get those mixed up

Sounds like they're allowed to gently caress

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1554639811595669505

It isn't going to ultimately matter, but Dems are not going to be destroyed in 2022 thanks to this. Once again, anyone hoping for collapse or change will be totally owned. This r-slurred theater has years of life left.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

abortion rights are incredibly popular which is why dems are running away from them almost as fast as they can run away from medicare for all

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I've seen enough

goodnight

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
https://twitter.com/BruneElections/status/1554643029004255232

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Shear Modulus posted:

abortion rights are incredibly popular which is why dems are running away from them almost as fast as they can run away from medicare for all

They won't do anything substantive about it, but they absolutely will use it as a marketing point. The sort of middle-class rubes who still believe voting matters will dutifully file into the polls to vote for dems..

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Have the demonrats passed a law allowing contraception yet or nah

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

la city council just voted to outlaw homelessness within 500 ft of schools and registered daycares which means 20% of the city is now a no loiter, no storage of personal effects, no sleeping, and no camping zone

democrats gonna destroy the homeless on their way out like rabid dogs biting at any helpless thing as they are destroyed

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1554681903537594369

This kinda feels like wishful thinking from Dems but maybe not?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Pryor on Fire posted:

republicans increasingly isolated, says maggie haberman

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pryor on Fire posted:

abortion was literally on the ballot. no democrat is as popular as abortion

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Pryor on Fire posted:

New Dem Strategy: Get Abortion Ban referendums on ballots all over the country!

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

abortion was literally on the ballot. no democrat is as popular as abortion

the democrat party is going to be aborted in 2022

after that it will be illegal

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

The football gag, except Lucy isn't even holding the football in the first place and Charlie Brown just trusts that it'll still show up somehow.

Charlie,

We are in danger of losing everything we've fought for. As you read this, republicans are spending millions to stop the football from being kicked.

I need your help to make sure the football stays in my hands, which is why I'm asking you rush me a $50 donation TODAY to make sure that we will be able to kick the football for generations to come

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Nothus posted:

They won't do anything substantive about it, but they absolutely will use it as a marketing point. The sort of middle-class rubes who still believe voting matters will dutifully file into the polls to vote for dems..

I mean I can see how “we’ll do nothing about abortion rights” might still be attractive compared to “we’ll take the rest of them away”

I mean either way it’s not getting any better but if you haven’t given up on electoralism i can see the math

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Pryor on Fire posted:

The republicans are openly campaigning to take away basic family planning away. Plenty of people who would be otherwise checked out will turn out to protect what meager liberties they have.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

sounds like women are pissed, my friend!

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Tankbuster posted:

The republicans are openly campaigning to take away basic family planning away. Plenty of people who would be otherwise checked out will turn out to protect what meager liberties they have.

they’ll campaign on “oh that was just a fluke of the Supreme Court my party would NEVER actually take away that right it belongs to the states!” then win and ban it federally

the people will be duped and they’ll love it

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Red Baron posted:

they’ll campaign on “oh that was just a fluke of the Supreme Court my party would NEVER actually take away that right it belongs to the states!” then win and ban it federally

the people will be duped and they’ll love it

Yeah but the GOP dropped it's spaghetti.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Weird that a material change in people's lives made them pokemon go to the polls better not ever try that again

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Lol that Jonathan Stewart is more effective at strongarming congress than the last 2 democratic presidents

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Pryor on Fire posted:

It is. Cross posted from the succzone:

lol the referendum failed because it went too far. Here's the text:

WHEREAS, This proposition to amend the bill of rights of the constitution of the state of Kansas shall be known and may be cited as the Value Them Both Amendment.

Now, therefore:
Be it resolved by the Legislature of the State of Kansas, two-thirds of the members elected (or appointed) and qualified to the Senate and two-thirds of the members elected (or appointed) and qualified to the House of Representatives concurring therein:

Section 1. The following proposition to amend the constitution of the state of Kansas shall be submitted to the qualified electors of the state for their approval or rejection: The bill of rights of the constitution of the state of Kansas is hereby amended by adding a new section to read as follows:

“§ 22. Regulation of abortion. Because Kansans value both women and children, the constitution of the state of Kansas does not require government funding of abortion and does not create or secure a right to abortion. To the extent permitted by the constitution of the United States, the people, through their elected state representatives and state senators, may pass laws regarding abortion, including, but not limited to, laws that account for circumstances of pregnancy resulting from rape or incest, or circumstances of necessity to save the life of the mother.”

Section 2. The following statement shall be printed on the ballot with the amendment as a whole:
“Explanatory statement. The Value Them Both Amendment would reserve to the people of Kansas, through their elected state legislators, the right to pass laws to regulate abortion because there is no Kansas constitutional right to abortion or to require the government funding of abortion.

“A vote for the Value Them Both Amendment would reserve to the people of Kansas, through their elected state legislators, the right to pass laws to regulate abortion because there is no Kansas constitutional right to abortion or to require the government funding of abortion.

“A vote against the Value Them Both Amendment would make no changes to the constitution of the state of Kansas and could prevent the people, through their elected state legislators, from regulating abortion in many circumstances. It would leave in place the newly discovered right to abortion first recognized in 2019.”

Take out the "including but not limited to rape or incest or circumstances to save the life of the mother" it likely passes. If it was a referendum just saying "no abortion after 12 (or even maybe 6) weeks" I think it def passes.

It failed in counties that will absolutely go for the republican on the ballot (whatever the candidate is running for)

Wyandotte County (where the dot for Kansas City is) and Johnson County (right below Wyandotte) predictably went with No, which are usually the only places democrats win in KS. Sometimes Douglas County (where the University of KS is) will go blue. The one that surprises me is Newton County (the one right above where Wichita is) since I lived there for a few years and it's definitely a small town kind of place, but there is a mennonite college there. There's also a college (Pittsburg St) in the No county down the lower right corner.

The No vote significantly outperformed what a typical democrat would do, like by a lot. No outperformed Trump lol. This was because the amendment was insane not because KS is going blue lol

Also, like the Yes side didn't do any kind of outreach and just assumed that they would win (sound familiar lol). I live in Johnson County and if I saw a single TV ad for Yes, it was completely unmemorable. What I did see a lot of was a No commercial that was very simple, it was a guy who said he was a physician and then it was a screenshot of the part above that I bolded and he simply said "This means that Republicans in KS will ban abortion in the case of rape, incest or risk of the life of the mother. Vote no." Real simple ad and it was played a lot.

Like even though abortion isn't popular in red states, there's bascially nowhere were like a total ban that even rich people can't get around is popular.

Democrats are still going to get destroyed in KS and everywhere else.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Laura Kelly is going to lose to this guy

also the Habs is wrong about turnout being lopsided lol

There was still a lot more republicans that came to vote. Maybe as a percentage of registered voters it was lopsided (which lol if that's what she's trying to say) but a significant # of republicans voted no on the Value Them Both amendment

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
That's really weird to have a constitutional amendment during a primary election, isn't it? It sounds like more of a general election thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

spacemang_spliff posted:

Laura Kelly is going to lose to this guy

also the Habs is wrong about turnout being lopsided lol

There was still a lot more republicans that came to vote. Maybe as a percentage of registered voters it was lopsided (which lol if that's what she's trying to say) but a significant # of republicans voted no on the Value Them Both amendment

missouri put up a goddamn busch heiress as their democrat in some really low enthusiasm low turnout hopelessness, but fortunately we won't have to hear her name ever again in 3 months