Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Just finished my first "successful" run of Miami where I tailed the blackmailer to the meeting with Sierra so I could figure out where it was. Then I pushed her to her death right as she was about to kill the blackmailer. Then I dressed as Ted Mendez and threw an android arm at Robert and snapped his neck in full view of his scientists and bodyguards in the PALLAS demo room. Running out of the level under a hail of gunfire while that "mission accomplished" music plays is always hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Oh whoops, the meaty bone unlock is for the Colombia mission and not... Whittleton Creek. For some reason I had it in my head that I had to hit Lucas with it, and I was all proud of myself for bonking his guard over the back of the head silently in the middle of the sidewalk, hitting Lucas over the head and then breaking his neck without a single person seeing me.

Well, I mean I guess that is something to be proud of.

e: I also discovered that you completely break the muffin stand worker AI by knocking out the Muffin Murder Lady (I'm bad with names in this game). The muffin stand guys just kept going "Hey, are we running low on muffins?" "Yeah, I should go talk to Muffin Murder Lady" "Hey, are we running low on muffins?" etc. Made getting the lawyer disguise a pain in the rear end so I didn't bother.

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Nov 19, 2018

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I think it's been said but it's wild how elaborate some of the setups are for kills that aren't even covered in "mission stories". Like the chili shot thing in miami is several degrees more complicated than any mission story stuff and it's a loving awesome kill on top of that

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

goferchan posted:

I think it's been said but it's wild how elaborate some of the setups are for kills that aren't even covered in "mission stories". Like the chili shot thing in miami is several degrees more complicated than any mission story stuff and it's a loving awesome kill on top of that

I did the kill in Colombia tonight with the old guy picking a flower, and it has a cutscene ending with a Bugs Bunny level joke. It rules.

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

King Vidiot posted:

e: I also discovered that you completely break the muffin stand worker AI by knocking out the Muffin Murder Lady (I'm bad with names in this game). The muffin stand guys just kept going "Hey, are we running low on muffins?" "Yeah, I should go talk to Muffin Murder Lady" "Hey, are we running low on muffins?" etc. Made getting the lawyer disguise a pain in the rear end so I didn't bother.

Sometimes the scripting just breaks like that. I was trying to get Knox killed by the android so I ran out of the room to find his picture. As he was leaving, I bumped into him and he said he would meet me in the demo room. Well I get to the demo room and que the engineer repeatedly calling Knox on the phone saying I was ready for the demonstration. I did see a neat detail of every time the engineer called him I could see Knox picking up his phone through instinct. I don't think he appreciated being called every 3 seconds however.

I also had the tattoo artist scripting break where instead of sitting down in the chair he just stood their drinking from the glass forever.

Good thing I keep multiple saves.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

elf help book posted:

I did the kill in Colombia tonight with the old guy picking a flower, and it has a cutscene ending with a Bugs Bunny level joke. It rules.

I love that it's canon that 47 is unmatched when it comes to setting up Rube Golbergian assassinations to the point where the ICA is kind of fed up with his antics for making them all look bad. And he and Diana are constantly trying to outdo themselves.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Does Ken Morgan no longer go to the bathroom? I poisoned the sushi and he instead walked all the way to the lobby to throw up in a trash can instead of the much closer bathroom.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

how do you get sophia to eat the poison food?

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Cojawfee posted:

Does Ken Morgan no longer go to the bathroom? I poisoned the sushi and he instead walked all the way to the lobby to throw up in a trash can instead of the much closer bathroom.

I definitely had some weird bugs in Bangkok where things didn't trigger correctly. Like Cross not coming down for his birthday or Morgan not checking out his tuk tuk

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Cojawfee posted:

He's always done that, there's a challenge related exactly to getting him at that trashcan.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Thundercracker posted:

I definitely had some weird bugs in Bangkok where things didn't trigger correctly. Like Cross not coming down for his birthday or Morgan not checking out his tuk tuk

I can say that my only Bangkok run in Hitman 2, those are the exact 2 kills I got (tuk tuk first, cake second) so if they're bugged they're definitely not completely broken

RME
Feb 20, 2012

i had the lawyer throw up in the trash can near the reception instead of the bathroom back in the 2016 client
its just something that happens sometimes

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I thought Morgan had always gone to that trashcan? I can't remember ever getting him to go to the bathroom. Maybe he does it if he gets poisoned from the far right dishes? In any event, if you just want to drown him you can do so with the suite tour opportunity. As for the trashcan, look up and you'll see what it's there for.

Now Cross- he's definitely bugged somehow in Hitman 2. I've twice seen him come in to the room where the recording's playing and immediately leave, and another time I set up a poisoned birthday cake and walked away only to later see him walking back upstairs alive.

gently caress Bangkok, it's rapidly working on overtaking Colorado for least favorite level.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I don't hate Bangkok at all but it's definitely held back by guard placement and restricted areas when it's a really cool level design in spite of that. I still had fun running through it a couple times but I know that in Hitman 2 it's going to be at the bottom with Colorado on "last level I max out mastery on"

edit: and having them side by side makes me really appreciate how good the Hitman 2 levels are compared to season 1. And season 1 was really good -- it's just that all the levels in 2 improve on them in like, every way.

goferchan fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Nov 19, 2018

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Did I miss something or is it heavily implied there should be a dog present in Hawkes Bay?

I assume the dog was removed to get rid of any implications of animal cruelty and/or they couldn’t get the AI right.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Snuffman posted:

Did I miss something or is it heavily implied there should be a dog present in Hawkes Bay?

I assume the dog was removed to get rid of any implications of animal cruelty and/or they couldn’t get the AI right.
The NPCs talk about it. The dog's run off to murder the local wildlife. That's why the guards are wandering around the beach with flashlights, they're not looking for you... at least, not initially.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

King Vidiot posted:

I didn't even see that the first time he gave me the opening to kill him, because I decided to talk to him after the "kill your whole family" speech. He walks away all smug, so I'm like "Just.. bhuh, what? Where the gently caress do you think you're going?" and just pick up a goddamn assault rifle and blow him away along with all three of his bodyguards. Then I also climb down the elevator shaft.

But yeah, I noticed the bodyguard thing afterwards when I tried to do that kill a little more smoothly. But even then, the bodyguards at the steps will still investigate eventually and find any unconscious or dead people up there. Is there any way to do an unnoticed kill or unfound body from there? Pushing a body off the side will result in somebody on the ground seeing, down the elevator shaft will probably get noticed by the stairs guards, and the two bodies I left lying around even dragged way off to the side behind cover still got seen.

If you lure him into the leftmost corner near the edge (he will follow you if you walk away) and push him off, he will fall in a cement pit and his body is not found.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

The Kins posted:

The NPCs talk about it. The dog's run off to murder the local wildlife. That's why the guards are wandering around the beach with flashlights, they're not looking for you... at least, not initially.

Ohhhhh. Cute.

IOI has thought of everything. :)

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Learning To Fly (Sgail): 1-21-1189001-02

TARGETS: Two of the guards on the cliffs behind the effigy ceremony. Any Method but Suit required.
COMPLICATIONS: Hide All Bodies, No Disguise Changes, No Pacifications, Required Exit (Helicopter).
NOTES: This is much easier than it looks, even from the default start with default loadout. Getting out is the only hard part.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The Kins posted:

It's a bit more complicated than that. If you get close to the car on the beach with the guards around it you'll find that they're burying bodies, and complaining that the dog keeps digging them up.

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

Thought of a great set up for Mumbai but now I have to grind Bangkok for an unlock
Get the Kashmirian to snipe the two targets, then have him take the explosive phone to his meeting with the Maelstrom

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I really hope they do an Elusive Target at Hawke's Bay so we get a version of the wetsuit that we can wear to fancy dinner parties in Paris and Sgail.

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
Corpse pile eruption!

Even if there's still not really any incentive to going loud, I appreciate the grenades and how you can ambush targets and their guards with them. Got Zoe with a flash while she was fleeing with all her dudes and wiped them out with a Dak Covert. More direct approaches are satisfying after doing all the cute poo poo.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I try to get Silent Assassin on my first attempt so I can get alot more murdery in subsequent playthroughs.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist
Can't be sure but it feels like they've rebalanced mastery compared to season 1. I'm sticking to Miami and have a lot of challenges and feats completed, including silly ones. Got all story kills and stuff like Versatile Killer (the one that requires 4 classic murder ways, and I think most of them are not in stories) but I'm still at 15 lvl of mastery. In season 1 it felt like I'm at 20 lvl before I know all special ways of killing the target. I got 20 lvl for all levels except Colorado and I only feel like I've really mastered Paris and Sapienza, Hokkaido still has some mysteries.

I like it.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

There seem to be a lot of bugs but they're the good kind of bugs which are just funny rather than game breaking. So far I've got either Alma or her husband regularly levitating above their bed in Hawke's Bay, the enforcer on the top level of the Colorado mansion consistently no-clipping through the ceiling and calmly continuing his patrol up on the roof, and another guy in Colorado going to drag a body bag but instead stopping at the last minute and moonwalking out of the area.

Holistic Detective
Feb 2, 2008

effing the ineffable

ymgve posted:

Agent 47, your destination is the Bellingshausen Station. Your target is Oleg Beloguzov, a man who has spent years tormenting his coworkers by revealing the ending of books they were reading. Welcome....to Antarctica.

(Sadly not a real game level, though a real event, but I think something like a polar base would be an interesting location)

Oh my god, a DLC level set during the Antarctic winter that is basically The Thing but with a tall bald man with a knack for disguise instead of a shape shifting alien would be perfect.

Has anyone got a reliable method for taking out Sierra Knox without a disguise? Trying to get SASO out of the way early. I can take out Robert no problem by clambering up the drainpipe to the satellite dish, shooting the laptop, distracting his bodyguard with a well placed gun, then knocking him out and flinging his body off the roof but I haven't found a reliable way to tackle Sierra.

The first run I did I managed to fling a propane flask onto the track then shoot it as she passed but I've tried it a ton of times since and just can't figure out how I did it. Every other option I've found either requires a specific outfit to set up or seems to need a crazy amount of luck.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Holistic Detective posted:

Oh my god, a DLC level set during the Antarctic winter that is basically The Thing but with a tall bald man with a knack for disguise instead of a shape shifting alien would be perfect.

Has anyone got a reliable method for taking out Sierra Knox without a disguise? Trying to get SASO out of the way early. I can take out Robert no problem by clambering up the drainpipe to the satellite dish, shooting the laptop, distracting his bodyguard with a well placed gun, then knocking him out and flinging his body off the roof but I haven't found a reliable way to tackle Sierra.

The first run I did I managed to fling a propane flask onto the track then shoot it as she passed but I've tried it a ton of times since and just can't figure out how I did it. Every other option I've found either requires a specific outfit to set up or seems to need a crazy amount of luck.

Sierra is quite possibly the easiest SASO kill in the game. (Only competition being poisoning Ken Morgan or General Zaydan) Step out onto the bridge over the track right next to the satellite balcony you're killing Robert on. Look down onto the track. Pump a few pistol shots from your silverballer into her car until she crashes. That's literally all there is to it. She's a bit hard to hit, but you can just wait for her to come around again, nobody will notice.

Bakanogami fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Nov 19, 2018

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

You'll have to wait, but I feel like you could sabotage the pyro without needing a disguise?

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Has anyone got a reliable method for taking out Sierra Knox without a disguise?

I've got a couple.

[spoiler]Can confirm this one, but with a lockpick it's pretty easy to sneak through the main stands and loop around the toilet area to her private room above her team's party area. The back isn't guarded and the two bodyguards have easy to clock routines allowing you to knock them out and dump them outside. Then, when the race is over you can separate her PA and then her easily for the kill.

The second one is poisoning her IV bag and the lethal syringe is easy to pick up too, saving some inventory space. There's a good gap between the dude taking a leak where you can sneak in behind the doctor and inject it. The only trouble might be getting the dude who is pissing to leave... I've seen youtubers overflow the sink behind the curtains to help him go, but when I did it I had to overflow the sink in the room with him.
You can poison her IV bag

I did SASO with the first method. That definitely works.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The Narrator posted:

You'll have to wait, but I feel like you could sabotage the pyro without needing a disguise?

It's fairly easy to sabotage the pyro in your suit, but doesn't Moses Lee win the race if you don't interfere somehow? To make Sierra win afaik you have to disqualify him as a race marshal, sabotage his car as a mechanic, or make him crash, all of which would fail SASO.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
If you can sabotage the dish then you can just push Knox onto the track as he goes to fix it and Sierra is coming round to get them both at the same time. Dunno if that happens if you shoot it rather than using the dongle but if not then I guess you have to sneak in and grab the dongle which is a bit tougher.

Holistic Detective
Feb 2, 2008

effing the ineffable

The Narrator posted:

Yeah, I did manage to do that, but she doesn't go to the podium unless the other guy loses which I've only managed to do using the race marshall disguise.

Didn't know you could just straight up shoot her. I had assumed a car riddled with bullet holes would count against SA.

Edit: I did see the satellite dish method but he doesn't seem to go to the edge at least when I shot the laptop. Not sure if it's the shooting or a timing thing. I did wonder about whether manually dumping him over would do it too but getting the timing right would be tough if you can.

Holistic Detective fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Nov 19, 2018

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Edit: I did see the satellite dish method but he doesn't seem to go to the edge at least when I shot the laptop. Not sure if it's the shooting or a timing thing. I did wonder about whether manually dumping him over would do it too but getting the timing right would be tough if you can.

He only tries to fix the dish you you power it down. Shooting the laptop just makes him look at it, rage for a minute or two and then gently caress off.

But with some coin shenanigans you can distract his guard in the storeroom.

Also if sniping her car counts as an accidental kill I imagine you could do that for a SASO run too.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Yeah, I did manage to do that, but she doesn't go to the podium unless the other guy loses which I've only managed to do using the race marshall disguise.

Didn't know you could just straight up shoot her. I had assumed a car riddled with bullet holes would count against SA.

I presume bullet holes on the car would be overlooked in the case of the car crashing and exploding, at least until after the race. It's kind of the same thing as stuffing a body into a closet. They're going to find the body eventually, they just aren't until 47 is long gone.

And yeah, if the laptop is shut down with the dongle, he'll turn it back on, then stand at the edge and be like "Hey, that's my daughter's car!" all excited. That voice line's the cue for the challenge. It's done in a little cutscene where 47 gives him a lively kick to make it all the way to the track. If you just dump him he slides down the building to the bit by the track, not on it.

By contrast, if you shoot the laptop, he gives up and goes back inside without dawdling at the side of the balcony.

Drunken Baker posted:

But with some coin shenanigans you can distract his guard in the storeroom.

Rather than coin or bullet impact shenanigans to distract the guard, I feel like the easiest way is just to shoot the laptop and drop your pistol in the storeroom before they arrive. Knox will order his bodyguard to move it, and while the gun box is very close, it's still more than enough time to pacify and dump Knox on the balcony.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
I played the Sniper Assassin gamemode for a bit of fun but I found it to be really frustrating. I like the little things like shooting guards into a pond or bush to hide the body and kill them at the same time to be neat, but I really don't like timed missions and prefer to take my sweet time to do things. Also I can't separate the guy who gets out the limo from his daughter. I've watched some YouTube videos where people shoot the car to get him to stop and investigate but whenever I do it either his daughter sees me kill him or the limo driver does. After about a dozen attempts I though 'gently caress it' and just went back to the regular game.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Bakanogami posted:

It's fairly easy to sabotage the pyro in your suit, but doesn't Moses Lee win the race if you don't interfere somehow? To make Sierra win afaik you have to disqualify him as a race marshal, sabotage his car as a mechanic, or make him crash, all of which would fail SASO.

Oh drat :doh: you're so right

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Bakanogami posted:

And yeah, if the laptop is shut down with the dongle, he'll turn it back on, then stand at the edge and be like "Hey, that's my daughter's car!" all excited. That voice line's the cue for the challenge. It's done in a little cutscene where 47 gives him a lively kick to make it all the way to the track. If you just dump him he slides down the building to the bit by the track, not on it.

That's how I did SASO. It's pretty trivial to coin a couple of guards away and grab the dongle. Plus, you can shoot the evidence recorder in the next room before dropping your gun.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Bakanogami posted:

gently caress Bangkok, it's rapidly working on overtaking Colorado for least favorite level.

Bangkok's problem, in my view, is that you have a really limited number of ways to get to Jordan Cross, especially if you're doing SASO or Sniper. There are, as far as I know, only two ways to get to the top floor, one of which is nearly impossible with suit only since its a heavily guarded staircase, and the other with a rather frustrating number of npc's who can spot you. And if you want to snipe him without luring him to the lobby or cake, there's a two second window of opportunity from the opposite penthouse and thats it. Colorado at least allows for a lot of flexibility with any of the targets.

Compare that with Mumbai, where even with a suit I can approach Vanya Shaw from like six or seven different angles and be able to take her out. Yesterday I barely infiltrated the train yard at all and shot her through a dirty piece of glass while standing on a beachside shipping container.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Hitman 2 sales aren't looking good, it debuted at #10 on the UK charts :smith: