Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

madmatt112 posted:

what an anology for American hegemony. built like poo poo by the lowest bidder, unstable, over budget, rusting away from the inside out, and endlessly fuckling on the beach in Israel.

*highest* bidder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Arc Hammer posted:

Pier's More Gone.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

buckled under pier pressure

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
They just wired money to Israel and CIA's black budget and wrote it as the pier's cost didnt they

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

kecske posted:

could have used some pier support

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

oh u think the pier’s lovely? why don’t you show us a pic of the last pier you built?

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

dads friend steve posted:

oh u think the pier’s lovely? why don’t you show us a pic of the last pier you built?

Sure give me $320 million and a couple of months, I think me and the boys can figure something out

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 5 days!)

Is there a reason it had to be a floating pier and not a real one?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

kecske posted:

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

just like the US government, my work is without pier

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

They might actually be expected to use a fixed pier to deliver aid.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

They already had a floating pier. It would probably take a decade to build a real one.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
I would drive a big truck full of stuff through one of the crossings

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Google Butt posted:

drat army men are universally retarded thats crazy

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
piernis

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Weka posted:

They already had a floating pier. It would probably take a decade to build a real one.

The Chinese could have done it easy.

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

lovely jetty

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

VROOM VROOM posted:

just like the US government, my work is without pier

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

https://english.almayadeen.net/news/politics/sinwar-unaffected-by-recent-israeli-rafah-offensive--israeli
Israeli occupation officials connected to the military and security apparatus highlight Hamas leader Yahya al-Sinwar's steadfastness despite recent confrontations in Rafah.

Israeli occupation forces colonel, Michael Milshtein, confirmed that Palestinian Resistance leader Yahya al-Sinwar, the head of Hamas in the Gaza Strip, "has not shifted his views and his positions have not altered, nor have the recent military operations in Rafah affected him."

In an interview for Israeli Channel 12, Milstein said, "There are two decisive issues for Sinwar; the first is the return of residents from the south, and the second is the Israeli withdrawal from the sector, while the rest of the issues can be negotiated."

He added that "al-Sinwar has not changed following the military operations in Rafah but has remained committed to the central goal, which is to survive and to say that Hamas persisted after the end of the war."

In this context, former Aman (Israeli Military Intelligence Directorate) President, Aharon Ze'evi-Farkash, told Channel 12, "The final goal of this war has not been defined eight months after it broke out," noting that "the army cannot operate without knowing its final goal."

Ze'evi-Farkash added, "All of these things are leading Israel to this deterioration in the comprehensive system of relations, including political and military relations," adding, "We are at a crucial point in this regard because of what is happening around us, and also because of what is happening vis-à-vis Hezbollah, which has an impact on how we end the war."

Moreover, he continued, "We should have declared the end of the intense battle in the Gaza Strip and that we have other goals, as we have not forgotten what is happening to us in the north."

On his part, former Knesset member Ofer Shelah also mentioned that the problem with the battle in Rafah is that it "does not give Israel progress in anything toward the objectives of the war, eliminating the security threat against it from the Gaza Strip, and releasing the hostages."

The Al-Qassam Brigades, the military wing of Hamas, released on Saturday a video addressing the families of Israeli captives held by the Resistance group in Gaza, warning that the occupation government is putting them in real danger.

The Brigades accompanied the video with a message to the families stating: "Your army, under [Prime Minister Benjamin] Netanyahu's orders, has violated their [captives] dignity, both the living and the dead."

The clip also featured statements made by Netanyahu since the beginning of the war claiming that "efforts are being made to bring back all hostages."

Similar statements indicating that all capabilities are being utilized to reach the captives made by other top Israeli officials were also displayed, including War Cabinet member Minister Benny Gantz and Israeli army spokesperson Daniel Hagari.

After showing footage of the different claims, al-Qassam addressed the captives' families, saying: "This is how Netanyahu, his army, and his war cabinet kill the captives," followed by images of Israeli captives killed by the continuous Israeli bombardment of Gaza.

The Resistance group urged the families to ask Netanyahu and his ministers for the names of those killed captives, asserting that "they know them very well." It then warned that "time is running out" and that the Israeli government would be the reason for the "captives returning to their families in coffins."

The entire Rafah operation was nothing more than a face saving measure for Israeli leadership to not admit they've lost.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

Arc Hammer posted:

Pier's More Gone.

Ha!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
massive breaking news, Abu Ubeida just announced that Hamas has managed to capture more IDF as prisoners today

will get more details as i can get them

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/2024...31607;&%231575;

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al-Saqr posted:

massive breaking news, Abu Ubeida just announced that Hamas has managed to capture more IDF as prisoners today

will get more details as i can get them

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/2024...31607;&%231575;

I was wondering when the shoe was gonna drop on this.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

taking new prisoners? that’s the worst case scenario for the IDF isn’t it

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I was wondering when the shoe was gonna drop on this.

you were expecting this?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Jel Shaker posted:

yep. brand new prisoners. captured just today. not just one prisoner, breaking news says its multiple.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Jel Shaker posted:

Oh yeah, the IDF completely poo poo their pants over Gilad Shalit, some dork 19 year old General that got taken hostage

lmao Israel traded 1,027 prisoners for him

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The largest amount of generals captured since world war 2? Did the mad Hamas lads do it?

Or is it like 140 majors who are 21 years young

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al-Saqr posted:

you were expecting this?

I've been expecting this since the ground operations first began. There's so much zero distance engagement going on and booby traps laid out, that eventually they were going to manage to capture more IDF soldiers alive. IDF soldiers also tend to shut down when they feel they're in real danger, so they will surrender if ordered to.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Countdown to Hamas capturing Netanyahu

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

first photos and footage are being published on aljazeera, they are not safe for work, but the equipment of the people they captured were posted

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

english translation of abu ubeidas statement

===

Abu Obeida announces a captivity operation for the occupation soldiers

Military spokesman for the Qassam Brigades Abu Obeida:

Mujahiduna carried out a vehicle operation on Saturday afternoon north of the sector, where they plured a Zionist force for one of the tunnels in the Jabalia camp.

We have brought members of the Zionist force in Jabaliya between a dead, wounded and a prisoner.

The enemy government continues its blind and absurd policy of revenge and destruction.

The enemy government is moving from failure to failure.

The enemy army markets the exhumation of remains as a military and moral achievement.

Mujahideena continue to teach the occupation lessons in the axes of the fighting.

The last chapters of failure were done by enemy forces in Jabalia and Rafah.

The occupation forces are searching for the remains of their families for Netanyahu's personal machinations.

our mujahedin carried out dozens of operations against his forces over more than two weeks in Rafah and Beit Hanoun.

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...31578;&%231604;

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Hamas literally cannot stop winning.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

CN CREW-VESSEL posted:

What's funny is the rationale for HSLD operator types came at the cost of greatly reduced protection from artillery fragments, because of course the Taliban don't have those, but because they were cool, they're being issued to line units, as conventional war becomes a real possibility for the first time in a generation.

There's a company in Kiev that modifies solid, protective, Soviet helmets, and the PASGT and MICH helmets donated by NATO to look like HSLD helmets. Not ideal for those guys dealing with overhead shell bursts in the trenches.

Oops.

e: and of course if you didn't know the model for the modern SF helmet was the Pro-Tec, a literal skate helmet. So in Mogadishu, those Delta Force guys were protected from banging their heads, and nothing else.

There's an article here if you're interested The Pro-Tec Helmets and Special Operations Units

Special Forces guys wore a certain kind of helmet, just because they would fast rope and stuff, they were hardly at risk for return fire, let alone shellfire. This is not much different than SF guys in 2001-2002 growing beards to stand out less when embedded with the Northern Alliance. However because SF guys were doing it, and SF guys are cool, the entire military became obsessed with beards and low drag helmets - even in high drag environments.

It's an entirely social and cultural phenomenon, which is kinda neat, like the hussars' dolman. It was originally worn to protect against sword cuts, but because hussars were cool, everyone wanted to imitate them - functionality be damned.

Okay I've been wondering why tf so many NATO soldiers use what seem to be objectively worse helmets now and of course it's Special Forces bs lol

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Weka posted:

*highest* bidder

lowest qualified bidder

this is an important distinction because it means that there’s a fuckton of money spent on paperwork but none on the product

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
it's crazy that there's two 300 million dollar constructions that turned out to be worthless in the news right now

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Al-Saqr posted:

english translation of abu ubeidas statement

===

Abu Obeida announces a captivity operation for the occupation soldiers

Military spokesman for the Qassam Brigades Abu Obeida:

Mujahiduna carried out a vehicle operation on Saturday afternoon north of the sector, where they plured a Zionist force for one of the tunnels in the Jabalia camp.

We have brought members of the Zionist force in Jabaliya between a dead, wounded and a prisoner.

The enemy government continues its blind and absurd policy of revenge and destruction.

The enemy government is moving from failure to failure.

The enemy army markets the exhumation of remains as a military and moral achievement.

Mujahideena continue to teach the occupation lessons in the axes of the fighting.

The last chapters of failure were done by enemy forces in Jabalia and Rafah.

The occupation forces are searching for the remains of their families for Netanyahu's personal machinations.

our mujahedin carried out dozens of operations against his forces over more than two weeks in Rafah and Beit Hanoun.

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...31578;&%231604;

king poo poo

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

aljazeera english:-

Qassam Brigades claims to capture Israeli soldiers in Gaza ambush

Abu Obeida, spokesman for the armed wing of Hamas, says in a recorded audio message the Palestinian group has taken Israeli soldiers captive during an operation in Gaza.

Qassam Brigades fighters “lured a Zionist force” into a tunnel in the Jabalia camp in northern Gaza and engaged them in a close-quarters combat, he said.

The Israeli soldiers, whose numbers Abu Obeida did not specify, were all killed, wounded or captured. The group also released a short video that appeared to show an Israeli soldier being dragged away by Palestinian fighters inside a Hamas tunnel.

https://aje.io/94x0rm?update=2926059

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

30.5 Days posted:

it's crazy that there's two 300 million dollar constructions that turned out to be worthless in the news right now

the pier and your solid gold exercise bike?