Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Kid Leia owns except for the chase scenes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

turbo fanwank:

kid Leia is making everyone who gives chase look clownish by clouding their minds and addling their reflexes with latent force ability

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

site posted:

did people make this much of a deal when Ahsoka discovered Anakin was Vader in rebels

I haven’t watched rebels but that makes more sense. She was his Padawan who always saw the best in him even when he was being a shithead, she was still young and kinda optimistic, and wouldn’t have reason to be so directly bitter about anakins turn. Obi wan was his master and a major theme of his story is that maybe, he was just a bit too lovely and quick to judge with Anakin.

Characters reacting to the news in different ways is good, for a story. If obi wan had closed his eyes and turned his head down as if her telling him was a confirmation of a thing he deeply suspected but had been too afraid to really investigate that’s cool. But he just did a big “oh mah gahhhhhhh” face.

It tells me there’s nothing going on in obi wans head beyond what we see and are told, he’s just reacting to stuff, which was a huge problem with boba fett

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

That DICK! posted:

It tells me there’s nothing going on in obi wans head beyond what we see and are told, he’s just reacting to stuff, which was a huge problem with boba fett

To redeem this they should also have a scene where Obi-Wan picks up a LEP droid and says "Do you know who I am? IIII am OBI-waaan." and the droid shut itself down in terror.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Owlbear Camus posted:

turbo fanwank:

kid Leia is making everyone who gives chase look clownish by clouding their minds and addling their reflexes with latent force ability

Works for me!

Like how Anakin was a sick podracer because he was magic

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Anita Dickinme posted:

First time I saw Yoda I literally chocked on my water and yelled WTF IS THAT.

Yoda was loving horrible but everything else is generally cool.

I also never liked the skinny sabers but its a small nitpick.

:lol: Almost forgot how bad that was.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Obi-Wan, Andor, Acolyte, and Skeleton Crew aren't as touched by Filoni as Clone Wars, Rebels, Bad Batch, Tales of the Jedi, Mandalorian, Boba Fett, Ahsoka were, which is probably why I'm far more interested in them since the latter make the galaxy feel smaller and over-interconnected and mercifully won't cross over to the former.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I feel like Filoni wasn't involved with Boba at all as he was developing Ahsoka still. He was also hands off on Resistance and we know how that turned out. Which is a shame cause the core characters could have been great. How do you gently caress up a racing ship show.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I didn't think Yoda looked great in Clone Wars either. All the characters were exaggerated but there was something off about him. His face was almost too expressive.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Lol l always liked Mace Windu

Samuel L. Jackson with swollen allergy brows

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Sash! posted:

Like how Anakin was a sick podracer because he was magic

Still funny to me. I imagine a 9-year old kid who's one of the best rally car drivers in the world and he doesn't have a co-driver or any mechanics or team/sponsors of any kind because not only does he maintain it all himself but built the drat car as well.

And fans have a problem with Rey being skilled!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Lobok posted:

Still funny to me. I imagine a 9-year old kid who's one of the best rally car drivers in the world and he doesn't have a co-driver or any mechanics or team/sponsors of any kind because not only does he maintain it all himself but built the drat car as well.

And fans have a problem with Rey being skilled!

Yeah they probably should have left it at like, soapbox derby levels with gangs of dirty desert kids making junky racers. The whole NASCAR vibe seemed a high bar for this little poo poo to clear

Actually, just do Little Rascals (1994) but Star Wars

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I still want a full podracing story.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

stev posted:

And Obi Wan has been living in a literal cave with barely any contact with the outside world for the last decade so it's hardly a stretch even if he's not a total secret.

At the same time he also knows what inquisitors are and who they used to be :shrug:

I dunno. Just one of those things you have to try and forget about.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Honestly, yeah, I try not to let stuff like this bother me that much anymore. It's a nearly 50 year old series, can't expect every single thing to line up perfectly.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Waffleman_ posted:

I still want a full podracing story.

Days of Thunder, but Star Wars

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Days of Thunder, Talladega Nights, but Star Wars
FTFY

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Captain Splendid posted:

At the same time he also knows what inquisitors are and who they used to be :shrug:

Maybe because he recognized a few of them?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Off the subject, I just started watching The Freemaker Adventures and it seems pretty good so far (it’s a bit more child friendly/comedy focused than the Filoni shows but also takes itself just seriously enough when needed). Are any of the other Lego shows/specials worth a look out of curiosity?

Also not sure about the live action shows but the cartoons seem to love making Matthew Wood do his Battle Droid voice whenever possible (they even brought one back in Resistance).

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern
I'm very curious to find out whether it's just Reva who knows that Anakin is Vader, or if it's something that's just common knowledge in the higher Imperial/Sith/Inquisition ranks.

I could totally see new continuity go this way, but it would break a lot of cool comic/novel stories, plus it would make naming Luke "Skywalker" instead of "Lars" an even stupider decision on Owen and Beru's part.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Nobody knows Anakin is Vader by the time Luke comes of age just like nobody believes in all that Jedi hokum and Force mumbo jumbo.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Cross-Section posted:

Maybe because he recognized a few of them?

Nah Obi-wan was definitely too big a swinging dick to even know the doorman's name

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

When is the next episode? Wednesday??

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Rebels stole Hondo's shoulders and I'll never forgive them for that

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Lobok posted:

Nobody knows Anakin is Vader by the time Luke comes of age just like nobody believes in all that Jedi hokum and Force mumbo jumbo.

Yeah, actually, it makes less and less sense. On Tattooine (where everything seems to happen) a few red lightsabered evil dudes roll up and shake down a bar for Jedi, use the force openly, eventually resulting in said Jedi being strung up. A 20 year old Han Solo, fresh from hanging out with his gf (who's boss is Darth Maul) could plausibly be drinking in this bar.

Han Solo, who believes the force is an ancient long dead load of rubbish. Surely theres around 50 dirt farmers who could attest that, no it's true. All of it. (Also forgetting that his 290 year old copilot witnessed the greatest jedi ever decapitating two clones)

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Han doesn't believe in the Force as religion, he admits himself that he's seen "a lot of strange stuff". He'd probably just say they were conmen like Kumail's character. I mean, there's lots of people alive right now who would attest to seeing religious miracles, but that doesn't mean everyone believes them.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Isn't the Empire basically running a "reject the evidence of your eyes" maneuvre? Basically telling people that the force - which has been widely used for thousands of years - was never real over and over again until it becomes the new truth.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Vintersorg posted:

Yoda was loving horrible but everything else is generally cool.

I also never liked the skinny sabers but its a small nitpick.

:lol: Almost forgot how bad that was.

It makes sense with the series' aesthetic being a blend of Kenner action figures and Ralph McQuarrie concept art:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

stev posted:

Isn't the Empire basically running a "reject the evidence of your eyes" maneuvre? Basically telling people that the force - which has been widely used for thousands of years - was never real over and over again until it becomes the new truth.

I think that's the easiest explanation but is the Empire doing that or you mean they will?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

site posted:

did people make this much of a deal when Ahsoka discovered Anakin was Vader in rebels

It sounds like you're bringing up a Star Wars media that does not have Ewan McGregor in it

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Ahsoka not knowing about Anakin's fate was less of a thing since she hadn't seen what happened on Coruscant or Mustafar.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Rebels is cool and good and if you are a Star Wars fan you will almost certainly enjoy it.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

You know what would be great? Alternative religions to the force. And they work. Multi spiritual galaxy instead of only multi species. I mean, how could that not be a cool weird thing for Disney to do? Like, I just want to hear a Jedi say "... That wasn't the force." Dundundunnnnn

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Lampsacus posted:

You know what would be great? Alternative religions to the force. And they work. Multi spiritual galaxy instead of only multi species. I mean, how could that not be a cool weird thing for Disney to do? Like, I just want to hear a Jedi say "... That wasn't the force." Dundundunnnnn

They kinda do; they're all related to the force but there are other cultures with different interpretations/ways of dealing with it, and they're shown to be equally if not more effective/healthy than the jedi way. The jedi are always huge dicks about it though

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

teagone posted:

Rebels is cool and good and if you are a Star Wars fan you will almost certainly enjoy it.

And if you are a Star Wars fan it will also make you furiously enraged because you are, and I quote here... "a Star Wars fan". not a dig on rebels, star was fans just blow bantha nards

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

stev posted:

Honestly, I'll avoid getting into the specifics of it for the sake of this being a thread about space fantasy cartoons and poo poo but-- looking at the past couple years it is infinitely plausible that a reactionary social-political movement could erase, minimize, and vilify the memory of a band of heroic warrior monks through a campaign of propaganda and misinformation.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
the way y'all should be watching obi wan is that we finally got Star Wars Underworld

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbWRuEtElQM

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Alan Smithee posted:

the way y'all should be watching obi wan is that we finally got Star Wars Underworld

We thought we were getting Star Wars Underworld with the last show too, until it became Super Mando Bros.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

frt I'm unironically glad they got him off tatooine by the second episode, and hope he doesn't come back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Owlbear Camus posted:

Honestly, I'll avoid getting into the specifics of it for the sake of this being a thread about space fantasy cartoons and poo poo but-- looking at the past couple years it is infinitely plausible that a reactionary social-political movement could erase, minimize, and vilify the memory of a band of heroic warrior monks through a campaign of propaganda and misinformation.

No, it is dumb and stupid because the timescale is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too brief.

The Soviets couldn't erase the Orthodox Church in 75 years and you're going to completely eradicate the knowledge of something that makes the Catholic Church look like a few kids in a treehouse in a quarter of a human's lifetime?