Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

: Finish Act 2

: Beat the game

Great game, I got Kojima's book for Christmas last year and wanted to play a bunch of his non-Metal Gear and Death Stranding games before I read that so I appreciated the extra motivation to get to it. Really enjoyed my time with it, thanks for the pick, QSS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

I really enjoyed this! None of the puzzles were terribly difficult, but I still felt clever for taking notes, especially during Act 1. And you can definitely feel Kojima's influence in the plot and humor, though it's more grounded than some of his later works (I'm looking at you, Death Stranding). Very cool game pick!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The end. Good game, I think I liked Y0 more but the story was better in this one. To be honest I think one game's worth of Yakuza 0 combat was enough for me though. The only other game I've finished aside from these two is 6 and I remember enjoying the combat more in that one.

Probably gonna marathon Snatcher tomorrow night, I've played it a ton of times so it shouldn't take too long

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

: Successfully infiltrate Outer Heaven
: Finish Act 1
: Kill a Snatcher without missing or taking damage (PLATINUM)

game owns, rad pick, can't wait to finish it. the voice acting is surprisingly great.

Dr. Fishopolis fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Sep 28, 2023

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Evil Eagle posted:

The only other game I've finished aside from these two is 6 and I remember enjoying the combat more in that one.

oh buddy you gotta play kiwami 2

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

finishing kiwami tonight and saving the remaining trophies for impmas.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Pablo has Chosen

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Game 2-29

Drill Dozer (GBA) - 2006 - Deadline 10/6/23 11:59EST

Drill Dozer follows the story of Jill, the youngest member of a gang of thieves known as the Red Dozers. All was well until a rival gang of ruffians, known as the Skullers, stole the red diamond from Jill's gang. It's now up to the young girl to lead her comrades in a struggle against evil.

Drill Dozer (originally titled Screw Breaker, lol) is an action platformer for the GBA developed by Game Freak and published by Nintendo. The game was released in 2005 in Japan, and in 2006 in North America. The game was later released on Wii U Virtual Console with rumble support.

good Game Freak GBA tunes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHOQxf_cg5o

Link to the game manual:

Trophies:

: Beat the Sunken Ruins
: Beat all secret levels
: Collect all 31 treasures (PLATINUM)

:siren:Game starts 9/30/23 12AM EST:siren:

Thanks to Pablo for the game and trophy picks, and good luck imps!

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Sub-Actuality posted:

Pablo has Chosen

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

I've played Mahjong in every one of these games and every single time I discover a new rule. Like if everyone's first discard is a wind then the hand is redealt.

The AI also kind of sucks in Yakuza mahjong it rubber bands worse than N64 Mario kart.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Sub-Actuality posted:

Game 2-29

Drill Dozer follows the story of Jill, the youngest member of a gang of thieves known as the Red Dozers. All was well until a rival gang of ruffians, known as the Skullers, stole the red diamond from Jill's gang. It's now up to the young girl to lead her comrades in a struggle against evil.

Drill Dozer (originally titled Screw Breaker, lol) is an action platformer for the GBA developed by Game Freak and published by Nintendo. The game was released in 2005 in Japan, and in 2006 in North America. The game was later released on Wii U Virtual Console with rumble support.

Link to the game manual:

Trophies:

oh sick, i wanted this game as a kid but never got it

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
drill dozer owns

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Sub-Actuality posted:

Game 2-29

Link to the game manual:

Trophies:

sweet...

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Sub-Actuality posted:

Game 2-29

Link to the game manual:

Trophies:

nice

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

dildozer.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
drat I got hype for THPS3.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Great. Another game you have to buy or pirate. Imp Zone keeping it loving classy as usual I see.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

been meaning to play this one. cool

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

American McGay posted:

keep the faith brother

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

In Training posted:

Great. Another game you have to buy or pirate. Imp Zone keeping it loving classy as usual I see.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Only took four Chapter 9 retries.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

:troll:

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

American McGay posted:

yeah. i've had another short game pick in mind forever but if my number comes up i'm just picking this on principle now.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Started act 2 in Snatcher and this recap makes the whole thing sound so psychotic, and i'm pretty sure the chief just called the computer jorten.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

super sweet best pal posted:

Only took four Chapter 9 retries.

drat. I gave up after 5. Good job

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Sub-Actuality posted:

Game 2-29

Link to the game manual:

Trophies:

Thanks Pablo

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

I still don't understand what constitutes "come back later", like if there's some way to make time pass or if its just visiting random spots. Fun other than that so far

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Good pick, Drill Dozer is one of those games I kept seeing ads for at the time but kept forgetting about before I could check it out.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

every adventure gamer instinct I have was screaming at me to put Gibson's chess piece back on his chess board but apparently it's not necessary or possible?

e: oh the end of Act 1 was like right there

Cubone fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Sep 29, 2023

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

The only snatcher I was able to kill without getting hit or missing was the boss guy in the taxi after the hospital which was insanely easy but I'll take it lol.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Vadun posted:

I still don't understand what constitutes "come back later", like if there's some way to make time pass or if its just visiting random spots. Fun other than that so far

when this happened to me it was because I had to find something in Gibson's house that I missed and was holding up the main quest. I went back and talked to the Chief to figure it out.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

the night of snatcher begins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYwvKsLCL2s

the thumbnail of my vid is my favorite screen in the game

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Started a bit late but I am now glad I did. Good music, especially the intro.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...ef4537796bff65&

This post sponsored by WebM for Retards.

This sig under renovation

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Awesome game. Great to play late at night. Pleasure of Tension is an amazing track, the credits theme owns and I forgot how creepy the music in the last area is. The super insector battle always catches me off guard, doing that one without getting hit would have been a good plat. Gillian, Random and Metal have some of my favorite VA. Too bad that sequel hook never ended up getting picked up

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Probably not going to get the chance to beat it before deadline but I'll definitely blaze thru act 3 tomorrow.

Really cool game, it has a lot of moments where I've known how to progress but it didn't let me unless I got every last bit of dialogue or checked a bit of scenery multiple times and where I really didn't know what more it wanted from me, but basically every adventure game does that so whatever. As everyone else has said, it really is a fully-formed Kojima game straight out the gate, man knows what he wants to make and makes it with absolute confidence even when it's something completely bizarre.

I can't believe the game originally ended at the end of act 2 lol, basically nothing has been resolved. Thank god he learned his lesson and never left a game incomplete at the end of act 2 with some dangling sequel hooks again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I can't believe the game originally ended at the end of act 2 lol, basically nothing has been resolved. Thank god he learned his lesson and never left a game incomplete at the end of act 2 with some dangling sequel hooks again.

lol