Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for going off on this guy on why he cancelled (possibly nsfw)?

"Without skipping a beat, I responded honestly - more than I can keep count of, definitely at least 60. I don't feel like I should have any reason to hide that."

"I was crushed, and partly fuming because I KNEW it had some slut-shaming bullshit"

"I don't think slut-shamers deserve kindness."

Yup, definitely believe this is an actual human woman and not some incel's tulpa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Puppy Time posted:

"Without skipping a beat, I responded honestly - more than I can keep count of, definitely at least 60. I don't feel like I should have any reason to hide that."

"I was crushed, and partly fuming because I KNEW it had some slut-shaming bullshit"

Yup, definitely believe this is an actual human woman and not some incel's tulpa

r/rleationships: this is an actual human woman and not some incel's tulpa

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Licarn posted:

My [19F] friends tricked me into thinking that my (ex) boyfriend [18M] cheated on me, I want to get him back, but I slept with another guy and showed him the sex tape

Poor guy. That's like dating a fuckin' hand grenade. Jesus christ

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
some incel's tulpa is just the right length for a username :eng101:

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

FilthyImp posted:

GET A loving VASECTOMY JESUS CHRIST

3 kids under the age of 4? Dude is lucky she bothers to cook anything.

Our neighbours have 3 kids under 4. They are also in full lockdown right now and holy gently caress, I feel so sorry for the mum. We live in a terrace with pretty thin walls so we can hear the absolute bedlam going on in there. Before the 'roni hit her husband would be away for days at a time but she at least got help from her parents- now he is working from home trying to shore up a collapsing business and she is trapped in a small space having to look after 2 18 month old twins and a 3.5year old. There is a lot of crying and tantrums.

The husband was over at ours a while back with the 3.5 year old (We have one about the same age and thank god he is a calm, non-tantrummy awesome little dude) and he started going on about how his son goes to nursery so he can learn stuff and 'get a good job and earn BIG COINS' to buy cars and stuff. That seems a bit premature when your kid can't even wipe his own rear end yet. The dynamics in that house seem quite toxic and makes me so glad that all 3 of us get along ok in our house.

As for that guy in the OP, gently caress that guy. From what I can hear (And we hear a LOT) having to look after 3 kids is utterly exhausting.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Puppy Time posted:

Incels really give us Incels a bad name.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA For uninviting my mother for continuously insulting my fiancee's wedding dress choice?

quote:

As you can guess, I am getting married. I had proposed back in November, and I supposed now isn't the best moment to be having a wedding, I'll admit. But we're still in the preparation phase, so I suppose we're lucky.

My fiancee' absolutely loves dressing vintage. Her wardrobe mostly consists of retro and historical dress. I really like it, and while I wouldn't really dress up like that, the way she does it is so artistic and fun, it's become the norm for me. So ever since I proposed, she's wanted to wear an Edwardian or early 20th century wedding dress. I told her that's perfectly fine, and I would be more surprised if she didn't.

Here's where the issue arises. My mother has never been the biggest fan of my fiancee's clothing choice. Apparently it's because my fiancee's choice of clothing choice is an indication that she doesn't mind if women go back to being treated badly like they were back then. I don't really understand it myself, since to me, it's just another clothing style. I understand back then human rights weren't at their peak, but I wouldn't really want to live in those days. And I'm 100% certain my fiancee wouldn't either.

So my fiancee has been talking with the women of our families over wedding dress choices, and of course, my mother is involved. Ever since my fiancee has announced she wants to have a vintage dress for her wedding, my mother has been a bit on edge. She's always telling fiancee she should try getting something more modern, or Dress A is better than any vintage one. My fiancee hasn't really said anything, she says it's fine, she doesn't wanna cause trouble.

All this came to a head when my mother came to our house with a full wedding dress in hand. I was furious, because I have no idea where in the world she even got it, and two, I have no idea where she has been to get it. When I told her she needed to leave with the dress, she got irritated and said "It's a better option than the "grandma choices" that she's picking." My fiancee just stood there, while I went back and force with my mother. My mother spewed out things like my fiancee was anti-feminist and she was poisoning the girls into thinking its okay to be treated like slaves. I told my mother to leave, and that until she apologizes and stops acting like a child, she wasn't allowed to come to our wedding. She cried, but I managed to shut her down and kick her out with my blood pressure still in heavy breathing mode.

My fiancee told me it's fine, that I shouldn't be souring my relationship with my mother over a dress. I've told her a million times before that I don't want to hear her insulting her like that, especially over the dress that's supposed to make her feel special. I've had family members calling me now, saying I need to apologize to my mother. Apparently she's been crying and went to everyone and said I uninvited her just because she was trying to help. I know my mother, she wasn't helping.

AITA?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

My [19F] friend [20M] thought it was "funny" to tamper with my birth control for a future prank!

quote:

I take birth control for several reasons: protection and to regulate my periods. I'm very strict with taking the pill on time as I set an alarm and have never missed a dosage.

When I was picking up Chinese Take-out for our group, my friend decided to tamper with my birth control. I have them hidden in the bathroom mirror cabinet.

He took a few pills and changed the date sticker thing. Of course I noticed because I'm not an idiot.

When I confronted him, he laughed it off. He said that I "wasn't suppose to find out yet". I don't know what his prank was going to be, but when I asked for my pills back, he couldn't produce them.

My friends, who hadn't left yet, told me I was overreacting and that a few missing pills won't "do much". Am I overreacting?

TL;DR: Friend takes BC pills for future prank. I notice and confront him. Friends think I'm overreacting.

UPDATE 1:

I called him to try and arrange a time to talk about what he did. He wanted to get this talk over and done with so we conversed on the phone.

He explained that the "prank" wasn't for me, but his roommate [21M]. He was going to add birth control to his roommate's protein shake. He thought the BC pills would make his roommate grow boobs or become "emotional". I don't even know.

I told him we HAVE to speak in person and he agreed to tomorrow.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Miss posted:

My [19F] friend [20M] thought it was "funny" to tamper with my birth control for a future prank!

You do not have to speak to this person ever again. No one does. In fact it is a net gain for humanity if they're just wiped from existence right now.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Licarn posted:

My [19F] friends tricked me into thinking that my (ex) boyfriend [18M] cheated on me, I want to get him back, but I slept with another guy and showed him the sex tape

haha holy poo poo gently caress this absolute piece of trash - I could see the misunderstanding and breakup but the reaction being to revenge cheat and show them the sextape is nuclear levels of yikes

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
My girlfriend (F20) wants me (M22) to cum on an anime figure.
nsfw
My girlfriend of 2 years is extremely into anime. In an attempt to get me into it too she showed me a busty anime figure on Amazon and suggested I purchase it with my Amazon gift card she got me for my birthday.I figured it was a win-win situation and decided to place the order. While it was still on the way she continuously showed me memes of a "rainbow dash cum jar" and made jokes that I should do it to the figure once it arrived. I laughed it off thinking nothing of it. However, as the delivery date drew near she was becoming more insistent that I cum on the figure bargaining that it doesn't have to be in a jar like the meme. I was really uncomfortable but continued to shoot the idea down nicely because I didn't want to upset her or make her feel as if i was "kink shaming".

Anyway the figure is now here and she is angry I refuse to cum on it. She is refusing to have sex unless I finish on the anime figure and even mentions breaking up if I don't. I'm just really not ok with cumming on an anime figure but I love her and don't want to lose her.

Edit: this is what we're working with ladies and gentleman.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
What sort of choice is that? Away she goes!

My wife threatened to divorce me when she caught me smoking weed
My wife [30F] and I [31M] have been married for 3 months after dating for 5 years. She has known I smoked weed since we started dating and has always disliked it, but her position on it has evolved through the relationship. First, she didn’t want me smoking around her. Then, she wanted me to cut back, to finally, she wanted me to quit completely. In April of 2019 after we were engaged she gave me an ultimatum - her or weed. I chose her and quit smoking for a couple months, but started smoking again when she wasn’t around and I knew she wouldn’t find out.

A few weeks ago she caught me smoking outside and immediately said she was done and divorcing me - she said I lied to her and that I couldn’t be trusted. She again gave me an ultimatum of weed or her; I told her I didn’t want to make the same promise I did in May 2019 and fail and we never really resolved the situation. It has been hanging over us now since then.

I have smoked weed daily for about 10 years and it doesn’t negatively impact my life - I have a good job, I am financially stable, and I am a generally responsible person. Her rationale for hating weed is that when I’m high it reminds me of her friend who used to do heroin. She doesn’t care how unreasonable this comparison is and just keeps stating that she won’t change her opinion of it.

I love my wife but I don’t know if I can quit smoking forever. A lot of my friendships are forged from smoking together. Mentally, the fact that its being legalized across the country and that she’s given me an ultimatum makes it more difficult to quit. I’ve reached out to a few therapists but the covid-19 situation has closed shop. If anyone has experienced similar situations I would greatly appreciate hearing how you addressed the situation.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
Apart from this one major area where it is negatively impacting my life, smoking weed has absolutely no negative impact on my life

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

"She says I remind her of a junkie friend, just because I did drugs behind her back after I told her I'd quit! What sense does that make?!"

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Power Khan posted:

I love my wife but I don’t know if I can quit smoking forever. A lot of my friendships are forged from smoking together.

Man, if you thought your wife was a problem wait until you quit and try to hang out with those "friends"

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Miss posted:

Doesn’t birth control require a prescription in the US? If so, there’s a really nice counter prank here that involves swinging by the police station on the way to the in-person meeting and filing a report for theft, while also mentioning that it was a prescription-controlled substance that was stolen.

If he gets upset at you afterwards, tell him he’s just being ‘emotional’ and it was just a setup for a future prank. Surely he’ll see the humor in this,

MagusofStars fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Apr 4, 2020

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
All the best pranks involve prescription theft and poisoning

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
Look I as A JOKE just wanted to bimbofy my roommate and we could both laugh about his big tits and see where it goes from there.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

artsy fartsy posted:

All the best pranks involve prescription theft and poisoning

Don't forget the axe prank on the camping trip that almost got the prankster killed.

Faking an assault with a deadly weapon never gets old

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Power Khan posted:

My girlfriend (F20) wants me (M22) to cum on an anime figure.
nsfw
My girlfriend of 2 years is extremely into anime.

Clearly.

MagusofStars posted:

Doesn’t birth control require a prescription in the US? If so, there’s a really nice counter prank here that involves swinging by the police station on the way to the in-person meeting and filing a report for theft, while also mentioning that it was a prescription-controlled substance that was stolen.

If he gets upset at you afterwards, tell him he’s just being ‘emotional’ and it was just a setup for a future prank. Surely he’ll see the humor in this,

It’s not a controlled substance, but giving someone medication without their knowledge is easily poisoning or assault depending on the specific state.

I know this because of how close I came to ruining my life over a dumb ex-lax chocolate related prank I did in high school.

My first and last dabble in PRANKZ

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for asking my ex boyfriend to look at my car because my boyfriend refuses?

I’ve been asking my boyfriend for over a week to please, please check out my car. He knows what he’s doing, has worked on every truck he’s ever had, and I’m a clueless idiot who is very likely about to not have a job for a while due to everything going on, so I can’t afford to take it someone even if I did find somewhere open. It feels very strange when I drive it, is only getting worse. There’s been times where it has honestly felt like it’s going to straight up fall apart on the interstate and I have to drive extra slow. It terrifies me. My tires aren’t that old, so it can’t be that. My boyfriend is getting paid time off right now so isn’t working or doing anything besides playing video games so I’ve asked him to look at it and he just won’t. He says there’s probably nothing wrong and I’m being dramatic. I have to drive an hour to work every day and I don’t leave until dark, so I have a fear of ended up on the side of the road at midnight by myself.

After a week of being frustrated I decided to take my car to the only other person I know who knows things about vehicles, my ex who I’m still friendly with. It wasn’t a big deal, I texted him and asked if he was busy and I needed an opinion on my car, he said sure bring it around, stayed there for about 30 minutes and that’s it. My boyfriend absolutely flipped out when he found out today. Said I disrespected him, disrespected our relationship, I’m in the wrong, I “broke his trust” when all I literally wanted is to make sure my car is safe to drive

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for asking my ex boyfriend to look at my car because my boyfriend refuses?

I’ve been asking my boyfriend for over a week to please, please check out my car. He knows what he’s doing, has worked on every truck he’s ever had, and I’m a clueless idiot who is very likely about to not have a job for a while due to everything going on, so I can’t afford to take it someone even if I did find somewhere open. It feels very strange when I drive it, is only getting worse. There’s been times where it has honestly felt like it’s going to straight up fall apart on the interstate and I have to drive extra slow. It terrifies me. My tires aren’t that old, so it can’t be that. My boyfriend is getting paid time off right now so isn’t working or doing anything besides playing video games so I’ve asked him to look at it and he just won’t. He says there’s probably nothing wrong and I’m being dramatic. I have to drive an hour to work every day and I don’t leave until dark, so I have a fear of ended up on the side of the road at midnight by myself.

After a week of being frustrated I decided to take my car to the only other person I know who knows things about vehicles, my ex who I’m still friendly with. It wasn’t a big deal, I texted him and asked if he was busy and I needed an opinion on my car, he said sure bring it around, stayed there for about 30 minutes and that’s it. My boyfriend absolutely flipped out when he found out today. Said I disrespected him, disrespected our relationship, I’m in the wrong, I “broke his trust” when all I literally wanted is to make sure my car is safe to drive

your boyfriend wants your car to break down so you're dependent on him. :sever:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

your boyfriend wants your car to break down so you're dependent on him. :sever:

A charitable reading, Im assuming hes actively sabotaging it

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Barudak posted:

A charitable reading, Im assuming hes actively sabotaging it

nah, if that were the case surely there'd be more in her post history that

Boyfriend (28) refuses to let me buy my own house (26) and it’s putting a strain on our relationship

quote:

My dream my whole life has been to own my own home. I’m not a person that wants to wait until after I’m (possibly) married at some point in my life, I’ve always wanted to buy as soon as I was able to. My boyfriend and I don’t live together. We have our separate spaces (mostly my preference) but we hop back and forth between each of our places, basically living in both. I decided it was way overdue for me to buy my own place and told him I was looking, we can both move in, and finally stop living in two places. Well, this started a huge argument. He doesn’t think I should, and even went as far as to try to stop me from even looking. I keep asking him why he doesn’t want to have an actual house to live in, a place that’s ours, and his only response is “you’re going to regret buying so young it’s a stupid idea, you don’t know what you’re doing” except I do know what I’m doing. This doesn’t make sense to me. Why is he doing this? With as much conflict as this is causing us, I feel like we’re headed for a breakup.

TL;dr I want to buy my own house, my boyfriend is trying to stop me, it’s ruining our relationship

oh

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

WIBTA for buying myself something somewhat expensive instead of helping to support a family member’s struggling small business?

quote:

Hello everyone! I’m on mobile, so just a heads-up about that

I (24f) am someone who is fairly frugal with my money, and a bit minimalistic with my possessions (I try not to buy/make things I won’t use or don’t need). Like many people, right now I’m currently out of my job, and am budgeting what money I have very carefully. My immediate family is not the most well-off family financially, but we are grateful for what we have and I was always taught to do my best to help and share with others, no matter how little I have.

I’ve saved my birthday money from my parents for the last two years in order to buy myself a nice instant-film camera and some film (~$100). And now that I have some time, I was finally going to buy it! Then, I got tagged in an IG post and messaged by my cousin “Eddie” that the salon he works at is struggling because of his state’s stay-at-home order, and he needs help to keep his chair. I’m somewhat close with Eddie (I’m closer to him than I am to any of my other cousins including his brother and two sisters), and he has asked me to buy a sweatshirt ($50+shipping) to help support his chair at the salon.

My problem is that I don’t want the sweatshirt. It’s not my style, and I don’t go there for services (it’s three hours away from me in another state) so I kinda feel like a fraud advertising for the salon, so I probably wouldn’t wear it very often. Also, if I buy the sweatshirt I can’t buy the camera for a good while more since I don’t have any extra free spending money for the time being. I know that if the salon did end up going under it would not severely impact Eddie’s life financially because his husband and parents are very wealthy (parents work in pharmaceuticals, and husband is a plastic surgeon), and his skills as a hairstylist would get him hired just about anywhere.

I do care about him, and I do want him to succeed in his line of work, but I don’t want to put off finally buying myself something I’ve been waiting for two years to buy because I bought a sweatshirt I’d never wear from a salon I don’t go to. I’m being pressured a bit by other family to buy the sweatshirt from Eddie because they already did, and I know he would definitely be pissed if he found out I bought a “toy” instead of helping him (especially since I already have a digital camera that was a graduation present from my grandma). I totally do see how I would look like an AH from his point of view because I don’t “need” another camera, and a business is more important than a toy. To me it’s a creative tool to be used for art, and a long-awaited birthday present from my parents, but I do partially feel like a selfish jerk for not helping Eddie in his time of need because he is family.

AITA for buying myself an instant-film camera instead of helping to support my cousin’s business?

Why tf isn't Eddie hitting his parents/husband up for some cash?

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

Extremely normal

WIBTA for putting cameras in my room?

quote:

Some background info: I’m 20 years old and go to college only 10 minutes away from my parents house and I want to save money so I still live at home with them and my 2 younger siblings. Growing up my parents had surveillance cameras in our house and my parents (my dad especially) would monitor them constantly. They would use them to make sure we were doing our chores correctly or just snoop in on our conversations. We had them held against us frequently and it was awful. It sucked not feeling safe and comfortable in my own home and not having any privacy (they also went through every inch of our phones almost daily but that is a sob story for another day).

Luckily, the cameras were removed from inside the house my senior year of high school after my mom was talking poo poo about my dad while on the phone and my dad listened in on it and confronted her about it. My mom threw a huge fit and the cameras were finally out.

Now for my WIBTA:

My younger siblings for what ever reason go into my room when I’m not home all the time. To borrow/steal my clothes, makeup, skin/hair care, EVERYTHING. Without my permission. The worst part is, they leave my door open when they are done and the dog will come into my room and use the bathroom because they are too lazy to let him out.

I asked them personally and put a sign on my door to please stop leaving my door open whenever they come into my room. Just the bare minimum. Didn’t work.

So finally I got so frustrated that I bought a doorknob with a lock and key on it. I thought that would be the end to it.

Well, the other day I came home to find my door left open but still locked. On the door you could tell by the paint that someone used a credit card or something to get the door open. I asked everyone if they did it but of course no one fussed up to it and blamed it on a “ghost” and said our house must be haunted. I am so beyond frustrated that I had the idea of buying a small indoor camera to keep in MY ROOM when I’m gone and the door is locked so that way if someone does it again I can see who it is. I mean idk what else I could even do.

I mentioned the idea to my dad and my boyfriend and they both told me that if I do that I am a hypocrite for ever being upset about my parents having cameras throughout our house and that it is basically the same thing.

I completely disagree because I would never be checking it unless something similar happens again with my door being opened. I’m not going to use it to spy on anyone (I mean it would literally be impossible?). Now I’m kind of stuck between buying it or not buying it. So WIBTA?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
it's true, putting a camera in your room and putting a camera in someone else's room are definitely the same thing

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

artsy fartsy posted:

WIBTA for buying myself something somewhat expensive instead of helping to support a family member’s struggling small business?
Why tf isn't Eddie hitting his parents/husband up for some cash?
$50+shipping for some store-branded merch??? That's insane. Most restaurants I've been to charge like $20-$25 for their merch, plus a perk like "free appetizer every time you come in wearing our shirt" or whatever; hard to imagine the salon is so prestigious that it justifies paying $50 for it.

artsy fartsy posted:

WIBTA for putting cameras in my room?
On the door you could tell by the paint that someone used a credit card or something to get the door open. I asked everyone if they did it but of course no one fussed up to it and blamed it on a “ghost” and said our house must be haunted.
The simple answer here is to install a deadbolt rather than a camera. Not because of the ridiculous "hypocrite" bullcrap, but because I'm pretty sure anyone brazen enough to claim your clothes and makeup disappeared due to ghosts (which doesn't even make sense, ghosts don't have bodies!) would probably try to deny it even with the video evidence. So just don't give them the opportunity period.

The comedy answer is to also lean into the whole "ghost" thing by screaming loudly at random times and claiming you saw the "ghost". Also, dump salt in random spots of the floor and draw weird looking symbols on the walls of your family's bedrooms for protection. Maybe even gather the whole family and insist they participate in an exorcism.

MagusofStars fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Apr 4, 2020

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Video evidence just doesn't matter to some people. My sister was having a hard time with her son because he was being a bully in school. At one point the monstrous little rear end in a top hat kicked the poo poo out of an Asian kid on the school bus while doing the "slanty eyes" thing with his fingers on his face. He was twelve. My sister was brought into the office along with the principal, a guidance counselor, the bus driver, the parents of the other kid, etc. They showed the footage from the security camera at the front of the bus and you could clearly see that it was my nephew committing a hate crime. In front of all these people, my sister continued to insist that it was not in fact her son in the video.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Video evidence just doesn't matter to some people. My sister was having a hard time with her son because he was being a bully in school. At one point the monstrous little rear end in a top hat kicked the poo poo out of an Asian kid on the school bus while doing the "slanty eyes" thing with his fingers on his face. He was twelve. My sister was brought into the office along with the principal, a guidance counselor, the bus driver, the parents of the other kid, etc. They showed the footage from the security camera at the front of the bus and you could clearly see that it was my nephew committing a hate crime. In front of all these people, my sister continued to insist that it was not in fact her son in the video.

yikes

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Yeah, another reason why I cut contact with my family eight years ago.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

I didn't know you were Mark Wahlberg's uncle. Does he give you free cheeseburgers?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

No mystery where he gets it from, I suppose

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Mr. Lobe posted:

No mystery where he gets it from, I suppose

Yeah, my mother and sister would call ordering from the Chinese place "Let's get Chinky Choo-Choo's!"

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Power Khan posted:

Edit: this is what we're working with ladies and gentleman.
edit:

See also: the President of the United States of America

Hirayuki fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Apr 4, 2020

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
AITA for laughing when my teacher told us her child’s name?

quote:

This happened last September.

Basically we were in English class (this is high school) and we were sharing good things from our weekend.

The teacher told us she took her daughter to the fair. A classmate asked what her daughter’s name was and she said, “it’s Bugsy.”

I kid you not. Like the Pokemon character. I couldn’t help but burst out laughing and some other classmates were laughing too.

The teacher looked upset but continued on with class. A lot of people were giving me looks and one person told me I was so rude.

AITA?

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3
Is the teacher's daughter a dog?

AITA has already banned all coronaposting. Reddit is without exception the worst website.

AITA for arguing with my vegan sister about eggplant parmesan?

quote:

I (28M) work as a chef, and admittedly I didn't/don't have a lot of experience with vegetarian and vegan cooking because my training didn't teach much of that and my restaurant doesn't have vegan options. However one thing that WAS involved in my training was eggplant parmesan, which my sister (21) decided to make for her and my mom for Valentine's weekend.

I was curious as to how she was doing an eggplant parmesan if she can't eat dairy so I questioned her about it. She said she was using a blend of vegan mozzarella and parmesan style cheeses and wasn't breading the eggplant because they actually don't traditionally bread the eggplant in Italy. I kind laughed because - 'hey I don't think that's true about the breading, but even if so, the Italians use real cheese, not vegan cheese. It's not really eggplant parmesan you're making.' She just said 'Well sorry for being vegan and lactose intolerant. You're not eating it or making it so I actually don't care for your opinion."

I thought that was a bit harsh and I reminded her I am a chef so it's not like I don't know what I'm doing. She said she's not eaten dairy in 3 years and meat in 2 so she knows better than me about vegan cooking. I told her I'm sure I could easily make a vegan meal, and she asked why I never have then, even though she knows I cook so much at work I don't like to cook at home often.

She then turned to me and said just because I'm a chef doesn't mean I'm the only one in the family who knows how to cook. She said just because she's 3/4 through an accounting degree doesn't mean she's going to argue with our dad about how he should do his taxes.

Then at dinner, my dad and I had something different from my mom and sister so we could have meat, and my sister wouldn't even let me try any of the eggplant 'parmesan' though she offered some to dad. She said she was only gonna let people try it who 'didn't annoy her.' AITA here? Nothing I said was untrue, and I was just joking around a bit honestly.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

bugsy is more of a nickname but lol @ only associating it with pokemon

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe

Invisible Clergy posted:

Is the teacher's daughter a dog?

AITA has already banned all coronaposting. Reddit is without exception the worst website.

AITA for arguing with my vegan sister about eggplant parmesan?

I am a CHEF at a WAFFLE HOUSE and you will RESPECT MY EGGPLANT OPINIONS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Pretty sure Pokemon Gold and Silver is old enough to drink.