Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

"Exciting updates" probably just means a PS5 port of Death Stranding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Rabid Snake posted:

Have you played the Witcher 3 on the Switch? It sucks

I played the whole thing and 100%ed it on Switch, I thought it ruled.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

bradzilla posted:

"Exciting updates" probably just means a PS5 port of Death Stranding.

to be fair that's an exciting update

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

jabro posted:

You guys are right. Best Buy tweeted yesterday they were dropping consoles after a certain time and planned to release them over two three hours after that time.

Keep hitting that F5! You’re almost there!

They did say sometime after 9 AM. Not at 9 AM ;)

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

bows1 posted:

Technically next summer is after 9 AM today. Sigh.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

jabro posted:

Mildly PS5 related but The Pathless dropped in Apple Arcade today. Looks pretty much the same as far as gameplay is concerned. I planned on putting CP2077 on the back burner until the next gen version dropped to play this over the weekend but now I’m like well I can play it for free.

Has anyone tried both versions? I still might buy it in PS5 just to support the developers.

I haven't played the Apple Arcade version, but the PS5 version is great because of the Dualsense. The movement in the game is a little weird at first, basically you fill up a meter to sprint by shooting floating targets spread around the world with your bow, but you auto lock on to them and you just hold down the right trigger for maybe a second, until the outside edge of the target is entirely red. but a lot of the time the target will be off screen when you can finally shoot it, or you won't see it at all and you'll auto lock on to it. But the Dualsense has a subtle vibration like on the trigger that I can't even really describe, but it's really good at indicating when you can let go of the trigger and hit the target which I was really impressed with, but again, I haven't played the other versions so I should see how the PS4 version feels. It's one of the few uses of the dualsense that i've experienced so far that's actually really useful in gameplay, as opposed to just adding a nice feel to like the spell casting in Demon''s Souls, or things like Astro's Playroom's various implementations of the controller's haptic feedback.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Yeah Pathless's trigger haptics are very well done and make it worth considering on PS5, it frees your eyes to look at other stuff. You can almost traverse the world with your eyes closed, all that's missing is a haptic bump when a target is in range.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

bows1 posted:

they went live about 5 minutes past the hour going off the wario timestamps

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
It’s live now

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Good Citizen posted:

It’s live now

well then

good luck y'all

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Got one

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Well that time I at least saw the Add to Cart button for exactly one second.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I hope a potential PS5 Death Stranding port is a free upgrade to PS4 owners. I'd gladly playthrough it again. What a unique experience.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Just nabbed one when Best Buy finally made them available. Picking up on Monday.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I hope a potential PS5 Death Stranding port is a free upgrade to PS4 owners. I'd gladly playthrough it again. What a unique experience.

Yeah, I'd love that. A version with all the PC bells and whistles, maybe a new trophy list, it'd be great.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Did you folks who nabbed one use the app or the website? Not that it matters anymore. This whole process is so aggravating.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

dantheman650 posted:

Did you folks who nabbed one use the app or the website? Not that it matters anymore. This whole process is so aggravating.

Website. It sent like 2 verification emails though between Best Buy and my credit card so I was bouncing back and forth between my computer and phone frantically

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

dantheman650 posted:

I was using the website. First time trying to add it to my cart didn’t work, got a “please wait” message, then a couple minutes later I got the add to cart option again and I made it through.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

generic one posted:

I was using the website. First time trying to add it to my cart didn’t work, got a “please wait” message, then a couple minutes later I got the add to cart option again and I made it through.

Yeah. They did some weird queue thing. If you did add to cart it popped up a message saying they were releasing more every few minutes and to wait until the button lit up again. That’s how I was able to get through

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I hope that goon got his PS5 from best buy just now. I had one in the cart before the website melted.

I know you guys could just get a bajillion dollars for scalping one, is there anybody just really loving good at this who would be satisfied with like two hundred & shipping for mercenary fighting this bullshit? I don't even know if that's allowed and I'm not trying to hurt anyone.

I'm really loving bad at getting a ps5 you guys gently caress

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, I'd love that. A version with all the PC bells and whistles, maybe a new trophy list, it'd be great.
The PC version didn't really have any bells and whistles, though.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I lucked out on getting a PS5 for myself but I have to imagine at this point that if I want to get anything like this in the future, I've got to figure out how to run the same kind of bot the scalpers do

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Firstborn posted:

I hope that goon got his PS5 from best buy just now. I had one in the cart before the website melted.

I know you guys could just get a bajillion dollars for scalping one, is there anybody just really loving good at this who would be satisfied with like two hundred & shipping for mercenary fighting this bullshit? I don't even know if that's allowed and I'm not trying to hurt anyone.

I'm really loving bad at getting a ps5 you guys gently caress

I don't think you're bad at anything, man. You're competing with God knows how many others doing the same thing. This thread is probably pretty self-selected with people who already have one and that makes it seem like it should be easier than it is.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I kept getting an error when trying to add to cart lol

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

IcePhoenix posted:

I kept getting an error when trying to add to cart lol

It said "Please Wait" for me then the little window crashed.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Information about when possible stock might be coming to the UK is practically non existent

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Got one in my cart but can't checkout.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I got as far as putting in a verification number, and then it error'd out. Now I'm just stuck with the "waiting..." button, with the cart having a 1 up there taunting me

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!

i mean like, c'mon... this whole situation is so messed up

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Akuma posted:

The PC version didn't really have any bells and whistles, though.

Yeah the only new features that would be relevant to PS5 are photo mode and higher framerate. Both are nice to have though, especially the framerate. Death Stranding looks great at 60fps

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The sad thing about these staggered drops is that with each one, more people are trying. It's a good idea in theory, but as the tweeters put out the info, the f5ers grow by leaps and bounds.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Imhotep posted:

I haven't played the Apple Arcade version, but the PS5 version is great because of the Dualsense. The movement in the game is a little weird at first, basically you fill up a meter to sprint by shooting floating targets spread around the world with your bow, but you auto lock on to them and you just hold down the right trigger for maybe a second, until the outside edge of the target is entirely red. but a lot of the time the target will be off screen when you can finally shoot it, or you won't see it at all and you'll auto lock on to it. But the Dualsense has a subtle vibration like on the trigger that I can't even really describe, but it's really good at indicating when you can let go of the trigger and hit the target which I was really impressed with, but again, I haven't played the other versions so I should see how the PS4 version feels. It's one of the few uses of the dualsense that i've experienced so far that's actually really useful in gameplay, as opposed to just adding a nice feel to like the spell casting in Demon''s Souls, or things like Astro's Playroom's various implementations of the controller's haptic feedback.

acksplode posted:

Yeah Pathless's trigger haptics are very well done and make it worth considering on PS5, it frees your eyes to look at other stuff. You can almost traverse the world with your eyes closed, all that's missing is a haptic bump when a target is in range.

Thanks for the info!

dantheman650 posted:

Well that time I at least saw the Add to Cart button for exactly one second.

That's what happened for me when trying to grab a Series S at the earlier time this morning. Had an Add to Cart button, clicked it and the pop-up said lol no. The button went back to Coming Soon.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Hopefully the Biden administration will hire a shitload more customs agents.

Relevant to this thread, it's nuts that there are probably a million PS5s sitting in warehouses in San Diego, LA and Seattle right now. But it's crazy in general that so much poo poo coming from Asia will just hang out on docks for months because no one is processing it. A ton of small US companies are getting their asses handed to them having to fly stuff in with FedEx or DHL to get around the complete lack of customs agents.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

drat, I was logged in but I finally got the checkout and it asked me to do a 2FA text. When I finally got that through, it kicked me back out ot the cart.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I assuming hoping for the coming soon button to turn yellow is a lost cause yeah?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I had no idea, thanks for the update there. Also, I just want you to say you are a good poster and I read everything you say in an Ian McShane voice.
The thought of a warehouse full of PS5s is optimistic for me.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Dec 15, 2020

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Wow...I had it i my cart the whole time. Never got an indication it was there until it sold out. Then I refreshed the page and there is was. Hahahaha.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Now it's saying "Find a Store" and also not available within 250 miles. I guess that means they have some, somewhere, just not near me?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

dantheman650 posted:

Now it's saying "Find a Store" and also not available within 250 miles. I guess that means they have some, somewhere, just not near me?

Yeah. Means it's basically sold out now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I had a shot 200 miles away, but that’s just too far away for me to justify.

Also local places keep popping back up, but never the add to cart button for those. Always just please wait

Lord Decimus Barnacle fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Dec 15, 2020