Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Sakurazuka posted:

First person Resi doesn't have a great track record, no.....

Umbrella chronicles and darkside would like to have a words but then again they are primarily considered on rail vs 1st person.

Still good though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I might have been a little soft on Survivor 1, but Survivor 2 is a legitimately worse game in literally every single aspect I can think of.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Is survivor 2 the code veronica one with nemesis thrown in or is it the dead aim one? I get confused with these gun spin off titles. I know the cv survivor isnt canon and just weird broken arcade thing

Also can i play dead aim without a light gun like the first survivor since its apparently canon.

WaywardWoodwose
May 19, 2008

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
I always felt very odd towards Survivor. I like it, but I can't honestly say that it's a good game. Usually In a movie i would enjoy an outright failure as long as the creator really went down swinging, but this time it just didn't click for me, though i know when it came out i would eat up anything resident evil, and I know I played it multiple times. Did it even have puzzles? Should I revisit it?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Vikar Jerome posted:

Is survivor 2 the code veronica one with nemesis thrown in or is it the dead aim one? I get confused with these gun spin off titles. I know the cv survivor isnt canon and just weird broken arcade thing
Survivor 2 is the one that's like half of Code Veronica but with Nemesis.

WaywardWoodwose posted:

Did it even have puzzles? Should I revisit it?
Survivor 1 didn't have puzzles. It might be interesting to revisit before RE7 comes out- that's why I've been playing these games recently.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

John Luebke posted:

Long standing misconception. RE3 wasn't supposed to be 3, but neither was CV.

The actual game that was in development as RE3 started on PS1 but soon moved towards development on the PS2 after the console was first shown. That of course delayed it's development, so Capcom decided to increase the budget and size of the team that was working on a spin-off for the PS1 and made that RE3 instead. The original RE3 became the RE4 project and went through it's own development hell, spawning DMC in the process, changing platforms again and in the end produced the RE4 we all know and love today.

CV was a sort of apology from Capcom to Sega for not porting the second game to the Saturn and it was never supposed to be a numbered title.

Wasn't it Onimusha that came out of the failed RE3, and an Onimusha glitch (enemies getting tossed 10 feet straight up in the air during a combo) turned into DMC?

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Popped in RE CVX and man rose colored glass nostalgia is a hell of a thing. I had much fonder memories of this game then I remember. Steves voice acting alone became a chore for the 1st part of the game...

Then I put the knife in my hand again and I remembered a big reason why I liked the combat... nothing like wiping out zombies and having a huge glut of ammo going forward.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
uh so somebody made a Resident Evil 3.5 recreation and released the demo. looks ridiculously accurate. (edit: after playing it, looks more like they only got leon and his movements accurate, game is using remixed areas from re4) looks more like the castle/hookman stuff rather than the possession/airship stuff. probably all of it mashed together.

trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGvI_WDrfmI
download - https://mega.nz/#!TkRz3CzK!dSjURSMQ4CZtmqGOgT9zRjssqWZAd5LEfB4D21xF3_4

other clips
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLICqCP74GjLTKkkSG4q53U1oLKglHRB4q

for reference, here's a video of the 3 different early versions of re4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afpf508tDeU

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jan 12, 2017

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2WRq1zy8O0

New teaser thing for RE7.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Vikar Jerome posted:

uh so somebody made a Resident Evil 3.5 recreation and released the demo. looks ridiculously accurate. (edit: after playing it, looks more like they only got leon and his movements accurate, game is using remixed areas from re4) looks more like the castle/hookman stuff rather than the possession/airship stuff. probably all of it mashed together.

trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGvI_WDrfmI
download - https://mega.nz/#!TkRz3CzK!dSjURSMQ4CZtmqGOgT9zRjssqWZAd5LEfB4D21xF3_4

other clips
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLICqCP74GjLTKkkSG4q53U1oLKglHRB4q

for reference, here's a video of the 3 different early versions of re4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afpf508tDeU

Squall called, he wants his jacket back

opulent fountain
Aug 13, 2007

Any plans for an OT for RE7 or maybe a remake of this thread (since this was last made before RE6 came out)?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Spiffster posted:

Popped in RE CVX and man rose colored glass nostalgia is a hell of a thing. I had much fonder memories of this game then I remember. Steves voice acting alone became a chore for the 1st part of the game...

Then I put the knife in my hand again and I remembered a big reason why I liked the combat... nothing like wiping out zombies and having a huge glut of ammo going forward.

The only thing I really remember from CV is the insane intro. Mostly Claire's fake out surrender.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

Wamdoodle posted:

The only thing I really remember from CV is the insane intro. Mostly Claire's fake out surrender.

If children nowadays ever ask you what the 90s were like, pretty much all you will ever have to do is show them that intro cinematic.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Steve's bullet time smash through the window.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Wesker's Matrix powers.

Edit: It should be noted that I consider none of these things bad.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Hey, I just started RE4 again and I have a question. What's the exclusive upgrade for the Riot Gun? I always swap it out for the Striker so I never found out.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

StandardVC10 posted:

Hey, I just started RE4 again and I have a question. What's the exclusive upgrade for the Riot Gun? I always swap it out for the Striker so I never found out.

It massively boosts its firepower.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

It massively boosts its firepower.

The Striker technically still has greater firepower than even a fully upgraded Riot Gun but only at really close ranges (like close even for a video game shotgun).

Basically the exclusive Riot Gun will do much more damage at not-stabbing-range.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Well everyone goes Striker cause you can't beat a 100 shells. :v:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Especially in the HD versions where ammo drops are suddenly like gold dust.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I played through RE4 on Steam last month, the ammo was fairly plentiful, enough that I didn't have problems anyway. I had heard about the balance change being you get less ammo and more money, which for me seemed like it turned out pretty well. Loved it on the Cube, love the HD version on Steam as well. Just for the record.

opulent fountain
Aug 13, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

The Striker technically still has greater firepower than even a fully upgraded Riot Gun but only at really close ranges (like close even for a video game shotgun).

Basically the exclusive Riot Gun will do much more damage at not-stabbing-range.

You can actually kill the regenerators with the striker by just being right up on their rear end and blasting them with it. Screw all the infrared sniping business.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Hahah holy poo poo, a gameplay mechanic got revealed at the germany press event thing and you might want to not read it and just see it for yourself when you play the game, but if you cant wait a week then here goes: your arms and legs can get dismembered and you can pick them up as an item and also reattach them with that liquid herb poo poo. I already love this loving game. Theres a youtube video that for some reason my phone weirding out on for pasting but it happens at the 10 min mark. There was another one that got taken down too.

Resident Evil, baby!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I couldn't wait a week. That's actually a neat mechanic whether it's fully explained or not. Just as long as it impacts gameplay the way it sounds like it should.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
finally, the Black Knight game I've been waiting so long for

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Never thought Resident Evil 7 will be the Deus Ex successor that I always wanted in the best way.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
The VR thing completely disinterests me, but weirdness like that and the shopkeeper vibe and stuff at least makes me confident that it won't be the unambitious Amnesia clone I feared it would be upon announcement.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I just hope that spoilered bit is fun mechanically. It sounds like it could get fairly annoying quickly.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Raxivace posted:

I just hope that spoilered bit is fun mechanically. It sounds like it could get fairly annoying quickly.

i'm curious as to if it will be something that happens often or once in a rare while. or even more interesting is if you get infected and have to chop it off to keep a game over from happening

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Spiffster posted:

i'm curious as to if it will be something that happens often or once in a rare while. or even more interesting is if you get infected and have to chop it off to keep a game over from happening

Outbreak 3 gameplay here

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

The video, might get taken down, other ones have.

https://youtu.be/90FtKSypPeI

The spoiler happens at the 10 min mark, this is early game and the scene is apparently not scripted dispite looking like it is. The reviewers who played the 4 hours thing are saying different people were getting different things happen in different locations and for some the spoiler didnt even happen.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
poor resident evil

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Holy crap man :stonk:

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Vikar Jerome posted:

The video, might get taken down, other ones have.

https://youtu.be/90FtKSypPeI

The spoiler happens at the 10 min mark, this is early game and the scene is apparently not scripted dispite looking like it is. The reviewers who played the 4 hours thing are saying different people were getting different things happen in different locations and for some the spoiler didnt even happen.

that fuckin owns

holy poo poo my hype levels are off the charts

and people were worried we wouldn't be doing insane poo poo like in other re games

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

My first instinct is that is simply a tutorial to "healing" but that seems way too elaborate and would be possibly the most hardcore tutorial ever.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
...loving what

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Amazing!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

That is pretty insane.

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Not sure how I feel about it. Could get annoying if not done properly. Overall though the game looks really great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Looks like poo poo.